Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2019 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 47
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2019 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• I may use too much cpu for this one I got the other day. If someone wants it for around cost msg me. It was like $64/yr

VIRTUALIZATION KVM – Powerful WINDOWS WINDOWS AVAILABLE RAM 7040MB RAM CPU 4 vCORE HDD 105GB SSD (RAID 10) BANDWIDTH 6500GB BANDWIDTH LOCATION LOS ANGELES, CA LOCATION IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• 4 core
    2048MB RAM
    10G SSD
    1000GB Bandwidth
    BUFFALO, NY
    $10

Is that possible this year?

• VIRTUALIZATION KVM – Plenty Available
    RAM 768MB RAM
    CPU 1 vCORE
    HDD 10GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 1000GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION Buffalo, NY LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4
    $6.49
    Looks great

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • PLENTY AVAILABLE

• This is not the perfect deal for me, but it is indeed great. I'm trying my best to get it.

• bakagetabakageta Member
    edited December 2019

@abjr said:
    I agree 100%. As this is the first time I'm participated in one of these "events", I'm surprised at some of the deals people thumb their noses at. Coming from using other providers and paying a lot more for similar, or less specs, pretty much everything I've seen posted by the script or a direct request created by @VirMach seems like a deal to me.

Most of the deals are solid, and there have been some really great ones, it's just everyone was hoping for more absolutely insane deals like we saw in the past. I'm still thrilled with what I bought this year, and I'm sure I'll find something else to grab.

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • @abjr said:

@VirMach said: and these deal tracking websites are under-valuing some of those resources/miscalculating

I agree 100%. As this is the first time I'm participated in one of these "events", I'm surprised at some of the deals people thumb their noses at. Coming from using other providers and paying a lot more for similar, or less specs, pretty much everything I've seen posted by the script or a direct request created by @VirMach seems like a deal to me.

I tend to agree. I use the deal tracking sites to see what I've missed (and hit my head on the wall when i missed them). But I tend to ignore the valuation. If it doesn't fit my need having the price be a savings of 80% is still useless :smiley:

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2019

FZhang said: But I tend to ignore the valuation

That's the way to do it. Our site thanks you for it.

• @Ouji said:
    This is not the perfect deal for me, but it is indeed great. I'm trying my best to get it.

I'd take it in LA!

Thanked by 2Ouji bakageta
  • OujiOuji Member
    edited December 2019

@tetech said:

@Ouji said:
    This is not the perfect deal for me, but it is indeed great. I'm trying my best to get it.

I'd take it in LA!

I took it because that was almost my full wish and I don't wanna lose another day F5ing this page. I wanted 1/1gb/10b/1tb/1ipv4 for $6.99, and I think that's pretty close.

• @JDMcPea said:
    Picked up a Virmach BF special in "Parsnipany" NJ yesterday and wondering if there is a way to increase the I/O speed. I am not complaining- my websites are loading fine and am happy but if there is something I can do on my end to speed up would like to do it.

Have a VPS with another provider and they showed how to do some tweaks on Ubuntu which increased I/O about 8 fold. I tried these same tweaks on VirMach server but no difference, although possible did not do it right, or different configuration - still learning.

CPU model            : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2670 v2 @ 2.50GHz
    Number of cores      : 1
    CPU frequency        : 2499.998 MHz
    Total size of Disk   : 25.2 GB (8.0 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem  : 985 MB (317 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 1970 MB (977 MB Used)
    System uptime        : 0 days, 0 hour 48 min
    Load average         : 0.28, 0.25, 0.26
    OS                   : Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS
    Arch                 : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel               : 4.15.0-72-generic
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I/O speed(1st run)   : 142 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run)   : 118 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run)   : 133 MB/s
    Average I/O speed    : 131.0 MB/s

Yours are up? Still waiting on both my actives to be provisioned, would happen I have site to migrate over tonight. Oh well

edited December 2019

rafanake said: Location : Atlanta or > NY
    6GB RAM
    50GB SSD
    4VCPU
    2TB BW

Price for this or did we already do it?

• @VirMach said:

rafanake said: Location : Atlanta or > NY
    6GB RAM
    50GB SSD
    4VCPU
    2TB BW

Price for this or did we already do it?

Already done for $47.89 in LOS ANGELES, CA but bandwidth was 4000GB

• ChronicChronic Member
    edited December 2019

Ouji said: I don't wanna lose another day F5ing this page.

On the off chance this wasn't just an expression and you're genuinely refreshing, don't bother - the site updates on its own.

Edit: Actually, now I'm not sure if you were talking about the deal page or LET. Please ignore me if you meant LET, sorry.

• sammsamm Member
    edited December 2019

what is standard Average I/O speed on these SSD servers? Mine is 162.7 MB/s.

• This 20 minute wait between deals is torture. It's 2am here and I want to sleep but can't :(

• @alilet said:
    This is gonna be a long night man!

Thanked by 1alilet
  • arunsharma7arunsharma7 Member
    edited December 2019

@samm said:
    what is standard Average I/O speed on these SSD servers? Mine is 162.7 MB/s.

For me it ranges from 150-250 but if I am paying more with other premium providers, I do get close to 700-800. These are still steal deal for the amount we are paying and VIRMACH has to limit it I guess to prevent abuse.

edited December 2019

TheWizard said: Since virmach is putting so many conditions/prerequisites to adding manual deals, I doubt it will be as much fun in the remaining hours as last year, but still, it definitely was more fun with you... So instead of leaving, please take a break, cool off, and reconsider, oh, our Dearest "Deal Compiler Extraordinaire"! :-)

If he adds that title back and returns I'm doing the two deals he requested. I might even be in the spirit of doing some easter eggs.

2017 - $17.50/yr / 5 vCPU / 5GB RAM / 5GB SSD
    2018 - $24/yr / 4 vCPU / 8GB RAM / 60GB SSD

Note: this was an easter egg that's retired. The same link may be used in the future for something else, so do not buy it. The plan will be different, and no refunds.

@Dragoon0309 said:
    I may use too much cpu for this one I got the other day. If someone wants it for around cost msg me. It was like $64/yr

VIRTUALIZATION KVM – Powerful WINDOWS WINDOWS AVAILABLE RAM 7040MB RAM CPU 4 vCORE HDD 105GB SSD (RAID 10) BANDWIDTH 6500GB BANDWIDTH LOCATION LOS ANGELES, CA LOCATION IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

Just a heads up we probably won't be able to process transfers for a while.

wfjoyce said: Yes, the time is too long. please shorten it to 10 minutes.

We're actually making it even shorter to piss everyone off and make sure they can't check out. You're going to wish you had 15 minutes for some of these though.

• arunsharma7 said: These are still steal deal

Yeah, I am fine with that as I am not gonna use it anyway, was just asking. I just ran my first bench now secured my server and put it in idle.

• @VirMach said:

TheWizard said: Since virmach is putting so many conditions/prerequisites to adding manual deals, I doubt it will be as much fun in the remaining hours as last year, but still, it definitely was more fun with you... So instead of leaving, please take a break, cool off, and reconsider, oh, our Dearest "Deal Compiler Extraordinaire"! :-)

If he adds that title back and returns I'm doing the two deals he requested. I might even be in the spirit of doing some easter eggs.

2017 - $17.50/yr / 5 vCPU / 5GB RAM / 5GB SSD
    2018 - $24/yr / 4 vCPU / 8GB RAM / 60GB SSD

Calling @FAT32

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • @VirMach said:

Thanks VirMach!!! I got the $24/year deal!!!!

Thanked by 2FrankZ uptime
  • UnicomUnicom Member
    edited December 2019

@VirMach

2018 - $ 24 / year / 4 vCPU / 8 GB RAM / 60 GB SSD

Sounds too good to be true. But for now, all I see is a 10-15gb SSD

• haha. 15 Gb SSD again

• @FAT32 - where are you? @VirMach is serving up some excellent breakfast fare for you in honor of your mandatory return.

VirMach: that was a delicious Omelette.

Thanked by 2TheWizard FAT32
  • I see we still going!

• so until now $3.99 was the lowest price deal, right?

• Unicom said: Sounds too good to be true. But for now, all I see is a 10-15gb SSD

Look harder...

Thanked by 1TheWizard
  • UnicomUnicom Member
    edited December 2019

hahaha. 15 Gb SSD again

• Unicom said: 15 Gb SSD again

15GB is more than enough for most people. If you need more than that then they will come with higher price. It's kvm where you get dedicated disk not OpenVZ.