Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2019 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 37
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2019 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• too much time for cool down periots between offers...

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@tridinebandim said:
    too much time for cool down periots between offers...

Not if you are the one stuck on the order / payment page.

• tridinebandimtridinebandim Member
    edited December 2019

i didnt get that far this bf :/

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited December 2019

Switch time! Where is new offer? :<

Okey, there it is.
    Pretty nice.

$50.00 /yr
    VIRTUALIZATION KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    RAM 8144MB RAM
    CPU 4 vCORE
    HDD 80GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 2000GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION Los Angeles, CA LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

Thanked by 1uptime
  • tridinebandimtridinebandim Member
    edited December 2019
    $50.00 /yr
    Good Deal. - 46% OFF
    RAM 8144MB RAM
    CPU 4 vCORE
    HDD 80GB SSD (RAID 10)
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

i have 30ish dolar limit on my vcc :smile:

• donlidonli Member
    edited December 2019

@JabJab said:
    Switch time! Where is new offer? :<

Okey, there it is.
    Pretty nice.

$50.00 /yr
    RAM 8144MB RAM
    CPU 4 vCORE
    HDD 80GB SSD (RAID 10)
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

@letrocks your order is ready:

@VirMach please make it happen.

8GB RAM
    80GB SSD
    4VCPU
    2TB BW (Even 1TB would do)

Location SJC first preference, followed by LA
    Budget $50/year

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • @tridinebandim said:
    $50.00 /yr

Good Deal. - 46% OFF

RAM 8144MB RAM
    CPU 4 vCORE
    HDD 80GB SSD (RAID 10)
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

Seems good and very close to $45 one. But I'm out of money...

• BertieBertie Member
    edited December 2019

Is anyone hesitating from buying the larger deals (8GB Ram, 4 vCPU) because they're worried about resource abuse? I know Virmach is very aggressive about suspending with I/O and CPU usage, especially since the black friday deals have a zero tolerance policy.

I'm terrified of getting a $50+ yearly plan, just to have it permanently suspended for running a Minecraft server where some jackass explodes 500 TNT.

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • so if there is other hand crafted deals.. they should follow... it seems it takes 30-60 mins to get to the hand crafted offers after they added to queue

• I have a BF 2018 VPS having 6GB RAM, 2 cores and 50GB SSD running Windows Server 2016 and so far no issues. Disk is almost 95% full and I even ran Windows update once for more than an hour but got no complaints from VirMach.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Mine from yesterday still shows 'declined' with 'pending manual review' so I'm not going to ask for it again in case it comes good. Was paying with store credit, so that's in my favor.

• @Bertie said:
    Is anyone hesitating from buying the larger deals (8GB Ram, 4 vCPU) because they're worried about resource abuse? I know Virmach is very aggressive about suspending with I/O and CPU usage, especially since the black friday deals have a zero tolerance policy.

I'm terrified of getting a $50+ yearly plan, just to have it permanently suspended for running a Minecraft server where some jackass explodes 500 TNT.

Yes I am. You may use cpulimit limiting your cpu usage. But I also wondering if there's more warnings before suspension.
    For idling, just keep your machine shutdown and don't get hacked. I have received several suspension last year because of getting hacked. Recently one of those got banned.

• @Bertie said:

Yes and no. I've got about 6 servers with VirMach (so not many by LET standards) and been contacted about iops abuse on one of them. All pretty reasonable, I adjusted my DB to cache in memory more and everyone is happy. So if you're not totally blowing away the limits and acting like a dickead, they're OK to work with.

On the other hand, I get the same iops limit whether I have a large or small server, so I'd be worried that I'd hit the limit more easily if I loaded up a larger server. My constraint is usually iops and never cpu.

• @VirMach

RAM 8144MB RAM
            CPU 4 vCORE
            HDD 80GB SSD (RAID 10)
            IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

No chance of anything like that in Buffalo?

• @alilet said:
    I have a BF 2018 VPS having 6GB RAM, 2 cores and 50GB SSD running Windows Server 2016 and so far no issues. Disk is almost 95% full and I even ran Windows update once for more than an hour but got no complaints from VirMach.

They're limiting your I/O rate, not disk space usage. Your disk space is dedicated, as soon as you read and write files not very frequently, you are good.

• BertieBertie Member
    edited December 2019

dTQzBen8 said: For idling, just keep your machine shutdown and don't get hacked. I have received several suspension last year because of getting hacked. Recently one of those got banned.

How are you getting hacked that often. Are you not using unattended-upgrades?

With most idling servers, I usually just turn them into Tor relays or bridges until I have something to do with them. This has the nice side-effect of banning the IP address in China and a bunch of other SSH attack-happy countries until I do something with the server. (The IPs are never banned permanently as far as I can tell, but bridge IP blocks take longer to be removed from GFW).

Virmach doesn't allow Tor sadly.

• tetech said: Yes and no. I've got about 6 servers with VirMach (so not many by LET standards) and been contacted about iops abuse on one of them. All pretty reasonable, I adjusted my DB to cache in memory more and everyone is happy. So if you're not totally blowing away the limits and acting like a dickead, they're OK to work with. On the other hand, I get the same iops limit whether I have a large or small server, so I'd be worried that I'd hit the limit more easily if I loaded up a larger server. My constraint is usually iops and never cpu.

I think the challenge is for Black Friday, there is no warning policy in place on the VMs. One offense leads to an immediate suspension.

• dTQzBen8 said: For idling, just keep your machine shutdown and don't get hacked. I have received several suspension last year because of getting hacked. Recently one of those got banned.

Don't you do very basic hardening tho? Like disabling pwd auth and root login? I have a script I run in all my servers as soon as I get my hands on them just to do that and adjust timezones. Haven't had any issues with idling servers.

Thanked by 1tetech
  • @Bertie said:

tetech said: Yes and no. I've got about 6 servers with VirMach (so not many by LET standards) and been contacted about iops abuse on one of them. All pretty reasonable, I adjusted my DB to cache in memory more and everyone is happy. So if you're not totally blowing away the limits and acting like a dickead, they're OK to work with. On the other hand, I get the same iops limit whether I have a large or small server, so I'd be worried that I'd hit the limit more easily if I loaded up a larger server. My constraint is usually iops and never cpu.

I think the challenge is for Black Friday, there is no warning policy in place on the VMs. One offense leads to an immediate suspension.

All mine are Black Friday offers.

• Bertie said: know Virmach is very aggressive about suspending with I/O and CPU usage

dTQzBen8 said: But I also wondering if there's more warnings before suspension.

Can't speak for everyone, but for me it was: server stopped and polite ticket asking me to take care of it. No "WE DELETED YOUR SERVER FOR FIRST ABUSE, THANKS FOR MONEY". Just shutdown (and you can click Start too, without contacting support first) and normal polite conversation about what is wrong and how much above limits.

• rafanakerafanake Member
    edited December 2019

Im felling really bad atm, 2 days looking for offers and the really good ones goes Out of Stock before i can even complete the order...

Can you guys accept the following request?

6GB RAM
    50GB SSD
    4VCPU
    2TB BW

Thanks

• JabJab said: Can't speak for everyone, but for me it was: server stopped and polite ticket asking me to take care of it. No "WE DELETED YOUR SERVER FOR FIRST ABUSE, THANKS FOR MONEY". Just shutdown (and you can click Start too, without contacting support first) and normal polite conversation about what is wrong and how much above limits.

Was this a Black Friday server? Because the BF ones have a zero tolerance policy - immediate suspension for abuse.

• @JabJab said:

Bertie said: know Virmach is very aggressive about suspending with I/O and CPU usage

dTQzBen8 said: But I also wondering if there's more warnings before suspension.

Can't speak for everyone, but for me it was: server stopped and polite ticket asking me to take care of it. No "WE DELETED YOUR SERVER FOR FIRST ABUSE, THANKS FOR MONEY". Just shutdown (and you can click Start too, without contacting support first) and normal polite conversation about what is wrong and how much above limits.

Exactly. If you aren't behaving like a dick and aren't blowing away the limits, I've actually found the VirMach staff more pleasant to deal with than some others.

• Bertie said: Was this a Black Friday server? Because the BF ones have a zero tolerance policy - immediate suspension for abuse.

Yes, BF deals, I am cheap bastard.

• tetech said: Exactly. If you aren't behaving like a dick and aren't blowing away the limits, I've actually found the VirMach staff more pleasant to deal with than some others.

I don't think anyone is doubting the responsiveness and friendliness of Virmach staff. There's just a bit of uncertainty with the zero tolerance policy. I've always found them to be quick and pleasant to deal with, and they're very very upfront with their fee schedule.

With a regular service, there isn't as much of a concern there. It's just the BF zero tolerance policy that makes me hesitant to run anything but light activities on the Virmach BF servers.

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • @Bertie said:

tetech said: Exactly. If you aren't behaving like a dick and aren't blowing away the limits, I've actually found the VirMach staff more pleasant to deal with than some others.

I don't think anyone is doubting the responsiveness and friendliness of Virmach staff. There's just a bit of uncertainty with the zero tolerance policy. I've always found them to be quick and pleasant to deal with, and they're very very upfront with their fee schedule.

With a regular service, there isn't as much of a concern there. It's just the BF zero tolerance policy that makes me hesitant to run anything but light activities on the Virmach BF servers.

I guess my response is that, in my experience, it has not been zero.

Thanked by 2FrankZ uptime
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@VirMach Some crazy deals please, I want to buy something from VirMach this year. Some easter eggs will be great too.

• @FAT32 said:
    @VirMach Some crazy deals please, I want to buy something from VirMach this year. Some easter eggs will be great too.

Perhaps, some dreams can only be dreams.

• Can I submit a ticket if the location is different from the one I saw when making order?

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited December 2019

Bertie said: With a regular service, there isn't as much of a concern there. It's just the BF zero tolerance policy that makes me hesitant to run anything but light activities on the Virmach BF servers.

I think the zero policy on BF deals is just disclaimer for people that clearly abuse it (buying few servers, going to mine crypto within few minutes or send tons of spam) that VirMach can terminated them without going lengthy "-Why? -Because -Why? -Because? -Chargeback! -Ok, we fight it -Fuck you VirMach!"

They can use it, but they won't do it until you started with malicious intent or was much dick about that.

Thanked by 1alilet