Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2019 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 46
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2019 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• @VirMach said:

KernelPanic said: 8 core
    2560MB RAM
    80G SSD
    3000GB Bandwidth
    BUFFALO, NY
    $20.39

This one oversold by 83% because of how many people added it at the same exact second. I can try to do it but it will have to be a little more reasonable, I don't want crashing and overselling to that degree especially on a high disk package. It makes it difficult as we have to find other nodes and manually generate them so time-consuming as well.

It would probably have to be closer to $30 then I feel like it would only oversell by 10-30%

Sounds good! I would be happy with bit lower specs if that would make the offer reasonable & possibly closer to $25, just need one in Seattle.

• @TomBG said:
    I suppose nobody at WHMCS expects so crazy way of selling and they did not care about proper table locking.

At least they are sanitizing user input otherwise it would have been Bobby Tables all over again.

• I am looking for something like:

2 cores
    2GB
    50GB
    1TB

• lowfrontlowfront Member
    edited December 2019

NY or NJ
    4 CPU
    1G RAM
    100G Bandwidth
    5G Storage
    @VirMach

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • $25.10 /yr
    VIRTUALIZATION KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    RAM 1280MB RAM
    CPU 2 vCORE
    HDD 15GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 500GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION BUFFALO, NY LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• @VirMach haven't seen any sub-$10 deals since the 30th, any chance we'll see a few more before the end of this? I was really hoping to pick up something around 2 core / 1.5-2gb / 10gb ssd / 500gb bandwidth around LA or San Jose, bonus points if I can snag one for under the $9.61 I've got left in credit.

• @VirMach said:

dTQzBen8 said: Too big to take it, and wondering if it's virbot(TM) generated.

Yeah it's VirBot™ generated. Damn, we should register that trademark. And Soon™

Hey, I think I get first usage credit and maybe a special treat of a package? Obviously I'm more than happy to hand over all claims warranties rights and what not to @VirMach in exchange for a lovely deal of the deck that is certified not bot generated.

See:

nullnothere said: I think that VirBot(tm) that runs till the real @VirMach shows up...

• @Chronic said:

VirMach said: most likely have to be with some sort of account lockdown/non-transfer or it needs a quantity limit per person / can't be recurring

Honestly, I'm surprised you don't make all sale offers non-transfer and limited to 1 or 2 per person. I don't think it would be unfair at all, given that these are promotional.

Agreed. I definitely think limiting to 1 of each flash deal should be good.

• $43.29 /yr
    RAM 1792MB RAM
    CPU 4 vCORE
    HDD 15GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 1000GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION DALLAS, TX LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• This is gonna be a long night man!

• @alilet said:
    This is gonna be a long night man!

Ahh, I stayed up badly, hoping I can get these delicious manual offer soon(TM)

• @VirMach I was really hoping to pick up something around 4 core / 2-4gb / 50-100gb ssd / 2000gb bandwidth / Windows availabl around San Jose.

• Picked up a Virmach BF special in "Parsnipany" NJ yesterday and wondering if there is a way to increase the I/O speed. I am not complaining- my websites are loading fine and am happy but if there is something I can do on my end to speed up would like to do it.

Have a VPS with another provider and they showed how to do some tweaks on Ubuntu which increased I/O about 8 fold. I tried these same tweaks on VirMach server but no difference, although possible did not do it right, or different configuration - still learning.

CPU model            : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2670 v2 @ 2.50GHz
    Number of cores      : 1
    CPU frequency        : 2499.998 MHz
    Total size of Disk   : 25.2 GB (8.0 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem  : 985 MB (317 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 1970 MB (977 MB Used)
    System uptime        : 0 days, 0 hour 48 min
    Load average         : 0.28, 0.25, 0.26
    OS                   : Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS
    Arch                 : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel               : 4.15.0-72-generic
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I/O speed(1st run)   : 142 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run)   : 118 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run)   : 133 MB/s
    Average I/O speed    : 131.0 MB/s

• $16.47 /yr
    RAM 1664MB RAM
    CPU 1 vCORE
    HDD 10GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 1500GB BANDWIDTH
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• @JDMcPea Test it again in a few days' time, a lot of people could be doing tests as well when they get their new toys :)

Thanked by 1JDMcPea
  • @JDMcPea said:
    Picked up a Virmach BF special in "Parsnipany" NJ yesterday and wondering if there is a way to increase the I/O speed. I am not complaining- my websites are loading fine and am happy but if there is something I can do on my end to speed up would like to do it.

Have a VPS with another provider and they showed how to do some tweaks on Ubuntu which increased I/O about 8 fold. I tried these same tweaks on VirMach server but no difference, although possible did not do it right, or different configuration - still learning.

Yeah try it again after a few days once everyone has cooled down. Here's my result from another VPS which I got last BF/CM 2018.

I/O speed(1st run)   : 186 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run)   : 225 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run)   : 271 MB/s
    Average I/O speed    : 227.3 MB/s

Thanked by 1JDMcPea
  • @aRNoLD said:

@TimboJones said:

@aRNoLD said:

@PhantomPain said:

@aRNoLD said:

@dahartigan said:
    LIMITED OFFER
    $53.00 /yr
    VIRTUALIZATION KVM – Not Sanvit Special
    RAM 8192MB RAM
    CPU 4 vCORE
    HDD 100GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 5000GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION Seattle, WA LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

@sanvit

not for sanvit, missed
    QembKP.png

for sanvit, also missed
    Qemv5Q.png

not only missed for sanvit, but the system automatically helped place an order just after the for sanvit item for $30.

So, no matter for or not for dear sanvit, I was left behind the cruel ordering system.

Now, an un-paid order, guess I'll have to leave it there until it is automatically removed by the system billing system.

QeuuFg.png

update: thank you, @VirMach , I finally struggled and grabbed this one and within the limited time completed payment. Looooooks it is the God's mercy and compensation for my prev un-finished payment, just the same amount of $30.

Do you have a link to this page?

Designed by a talented programmer from Taiwan, with audio alert on item release, out-of-stock, with multi-language interface and with auto refresh func to help obtain the best desired deal.

The link that Malware Bytes flagged for Trojan? No thanks

https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/https/www.chkaja.com/bf.php

You sure about that?

Yes. I never visited it myself, just reporting on what Malware Bytes did. It doesn't mean there's an active Trojan, just that hostname did in the past.

• $17.77 /yr
    RAM 1664MB RAM
    CPU 1 vCORE
    HDD 15GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 1500GB BANDWIDTH
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• @FAT32 said:
    I know, I might sound like an a*hole. Perhaps I am just taking it too seriously, or overhyped about this event.

To be reacting like this, yes, I'm afraid you took it too seriously...

@FAT32 said:
    If I am the main reason the deals are not that exciting anymore, I am sorry for causing this trouble. Feel free to close my VirMach account or suspend all my services if that makes you happy. I still have to master my art of not expecting anything.

I cannot be in your shoes, so probably there is some background to this, but I still cannot believe how you reached this outcome:

• If you were thinking your site somehow caused a disadvantage, I know of 3 more deal tracker sites, and since yours does not do valuations, there is not prejudice to potential customers caused by you.
    • If you were unsure of you moderator/hype-generator abilities, I'm sure so many people here would confirm the truth to be otherwise.

So, again, I cannot know or even guess the amount of effort/time you put into the BF/CM preparations on your end, therefore I cannot estimate the level of frustration you're having, but all in all, just assuming that Virmach was not able to allocate as much time to this year's festivities would have freed you all these sorts of (IMHO) wrong conclusions, and deep frustration...

@FAT32 said:
    I had removed my Deal Compiler Extraordinaire tag to show my apology, and I will show myself out. It was fun while it lasted.

I've been closely tracking both Virmach threads, and you have nothing to apologize for, or leave AFAIK.

Since virmach is putting so many conditions/prerequisites to adding manual deals, I doubt it will be as much fun in the remaining hours as last year, but still, it definitely was more fun with you... So instead of leaving, please take a break, cool off, and reconsider, oh, our Dearest "Deal Compiler Extraordinaire"! :-)

Thanked by 1nullnothere
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2019

@JDMcPea said:
    Picked up a Virmach BF special in "Parsnipany" NJ yesterday and wondering if there is a way to increase the I/O speed. I am not complaining- my websites are loading fine and am happy but if there is something I can do on my end to speed up would like to do it.

Which node?

• JDMcPeaJDMcPea Member
    edited December 2019

Which node?

@VirMach BF-SPECIAL-2019 SorrowfulFirsthand-VM

• @JDMcPea said:
    BF-SPECIAL-2019 SorrowfulFirsthand-VM

He wants to know the node, go to the panel and it will say something like LOCATIONKVM##

Thanked by 1JDMcPea
  • @Dragoon0309 said:

@JDMcPea said:
    BF-SPECIAL-2019 SorrowfulFirsthand-VM

He wants to know the node, go to the panel and it will say something like LOCATIONKVM##

Thanks Dragoon0309.

Node is NYCKVM17

Thanked by 1Dragoon0309
  • @TheWizard said:
    I've been closely tracking both Virmach threads, and you have nothing to apologize for, or leave AFAIK.

Hah! Apparently not as closely as I was thinking, there were some more posts on the other side that I haven't seen before this post...

• @VirMach
    Can you bring back the old waiting time between deals? the new 20 minutes is just too long & boring.

• $51.96 /yr
    RAM 4992MB RAM
    CPU 4 vCORE
    HDD 15GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 3000GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION ATLANTA, GA LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• All the latest offers are 15 Gb SSDs. This is some kind of nonsense. 15Gb SSD for who???

• @PandoGulf said:
    @VirMach
    Can you bring back the old waiting time between deals? the new 20 minutes is just too long & boring.

Yes, the time is too long. please shorten it to 10 minutes.

• @Unicom said:
    All the latest offers are 15 Gb SSDs. This is some kind of nonsense. 15Gb SSD for who???

$97.27/yr - 1 GIGABIT

4 vCore
    12288MB RAM
    110GB SSD
    SEATTLE, WA
    12000GB Bandwidth
    1 IP

You Got Pay To Play..lol
    Just Kidding

• @VirMach said: and these deal tracking websites are under-valuing some of those resources/miscalculating

I agree 100%. As this is the first time I'm participated in one of these "events", I'm surprised at some of the deals people thumb their noses at. Coming from using other providers and paying a lot more for similar, or less specs, pretty much everything I've seen posted by the script or a direct request created by @VirMach seems like a deal to me.

Ouji said: I'm just still looking for an opportunity to snag some 1gb/10gb/1tb/1ipv4 for $6.99/y

I would not complain, especially if I could snag one on each coast. The $8.21 deal I got in Piscataway yesterday was pretty close to this.

alilet said: Just noticed that I missed this deal yesterday

8 core
    2560MB RAM
    80G SSD
    3000GB Bandwidth
    BUFFALO, NY
    $20.39

The whole world wanted that one :)

Thanked by 1VirMach