Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

Want to start a hosting side-business, anybody know any affordable resellers offering decent specs?
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Want to start a hosting side-business, anybody know any affordable resellers offering decent specs?

Hey guys,
    I'm thinking to start a hosting side-business since i'm developing a little interest into it and i'm looking for decent resellers options. Please help me if anybody know about affordable hosting resellers offering decent specs - bandwidth and support! I would prefer cpanel over directadmin so it would be great if you can suggest options having cpanel included otherwise any type of response would be appreciated a lot :) !

Hoping to have

Comments

• This could be elaborated trolling attempt... But who cares. Just go with the flow.

What's your budget?

Thanked by 2uptime poisson

Wordpress Hosting - Home made!

• deankdeank Member

This won't end well.

Thanked by 1poisson

Amitz has passed. The end is truly nigh.

• thedpthedp Member

Here we go.

"Living da lowend vida loca." -- @uptime
      DomainPeon - Somewhat decent domain names for sale (LET community members gets 10% off on Dynadot-pushed domains)

• AmmmuAmmmu Member

@LTniger said:
      This could be elaborated trolling attempt... But who cares. Just go with the flow.

What's your budget?

I'm already prepared for the trolls.
      Honestly i'm not sure about the budget - I'm just looking for decent options in as much pocket-friendly price as possible lol -

• try ramnode cloud vps or get a reseller account!

Thanked by 1Ammmu

Have a great day! Recommended: Namecheap | Godaddy | Cloudflare | AWS | Google Cloud | Ramnode VPS | BuyVM | OVH | Hetzner lowendtalk.com godaddy namecheap bluehost cpanel hosting shared hosting vps hosting dedicated servers coupons coupon codes promo codes deals offers renewal coupon KVM VPS OpenVZ cloud VPS directadmin reseller hosting master reseller OVH hetzner email support phone contact ramnode serverhub cloudflare google cloud amazon aws domain name registration transfer renewal

• ITLabsITLabs Member
      edited November 3

If you really want cP HostMantis is a reliable option. With DirectAdmin you have BuyShared, Cloud2Z and MyW.

Thanked by 3Ammmu Ympker MikePT
    • No_pepetouch.gif

Thanked by 1ITLabs

Down with the sic_K_ness...
      The doctor might be going K-razy with the low end spirit. 😉

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Provider

@Ammmu said:

@LTniger said:
      This could be elaborated trolling attempt... But who cares. Just go with the flow.

What's your budget?

Honestly i'm not sure about the budget - I'm just looking for decent options in as much pocket-friendly price as possible lol -

are you seriously looking for some thing like ultra-unlimited(specs) @ $0.00 pm, i feel this would be the right place

click here...

else there is another option, you may write in how much disk/bandwidth, etc also which locations, and my friend, you will get large numbers of offers form this community

moreover you have just joined the community few days back, you can surf through the posts, and i am sure you will get a pretty descent offer

Thanked by 1Ammmu

skype id : agentmishra, gtalk id : agentmishra, email : [email protected]

• @agentmishra said:

@Ammmu said:

@LTniger said:

What's your budget?

are you seriously looking for some thing like ultra-unlimited(specs) @ $0.00 pm, i feel this would be the right place

click here...

else there is another option, you may write in how much disk/bandwidth, etc also which locations, and my friend, you will get large numbers of offers form this community

moreover you have just joined the community few days back, you can surf through the posts, and i am sure you will get a pretty descent offer

miss u babe

lurking in the shadows like a wombat or some shit

• HxxxHxxx Member

@Francisco Do you want to offer this young gentlemen any service?

Thanked by 1Ammmu
    • AmmmuAmmmu Member
      edited November 3

@agentmishra said:

@Ammmu said:

@LTniger said:

What's your budget?

click here...

Its not about i'm trying to act stingy, i just want to hosting biz give a try - i'm not quite about sure the pricing and specs that's why i said i'm open to offers ! I'm sorry if that hurts you in anyway!

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

Ammmu said: I would prefer cpanel over directadmin so it would be great if you can suggest options having cpanel included otherwise any type of response would be appreciated a lot !

Are you willing to pay the per user TAX?

Some places (like BuyShared) has you pay in bundles of 5, where as other companies might include some (but bake it into the price).

Francisco

Thanked by 1Ammmu
      BuyVM - Dedicated KVM Slices / Anycast Support! / Stallion Control Panel / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
      BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address

@Ammmu said:

@agentmishra said:

@Ammmu said:

@LTniger said:

What's your budget?

click here...

Its not about i'm trying to act stingy, i just want to hosting biz give a try - i'm not quite about sure the pricing and specs that's why i said i'm open to offers ! I'm sorry if that hurts you in anyway!

man you actually cannot hurt me, many have tried but failed

any ways, what i mean is

1. what do you want
        reseller hosting or vps business?

2. what is your budget, or else how much can you spare?

then you must look at what options you have in that much money

in case you want to jump start with the vps, that may turn out to be a costly affair (not knowing your technical know hows, how much you may be familiar)
      but will be lot time and resource consuming

but yes, you decide on your wallet spare, then surf here

shared hosting offers

or

vps offers

still if you feel you are not sure and need more, if not all, most of us are here to help you

Thanked by 1Ammmu

• AmmmuAmmmu Member

agentmishra said: man you actually cannot hurt me, many have tried but failed

any ways, what i mean is

what do you want

reseller hosting or vps business?

what is your budget, or else how much can you spare?

You seems to be sakth londa.
      Apart from that , i'm looking for a reseller hosting - Its just like i want a shared server in which i can create packages - add domains and sell it ! As for the budget part, is it possible to start something in a cap of 100 bucks or so?

• Mic-haelMic-hael Member, Provider
      edited November 3

@Ammmu said:
      As for the budget part, is it possible to start something in a cap of 100 bucks or so?

For what billing period? Month, year, decade?

Make sure you leave enough in your budget for additional requirements like, a domain name, billing software, etc.

Thanked by 1Ammmu

Michael SmallWeb - Shared Hosting from £3.00/Year in London | Amsterdam | Melbourne | New York | Luxembourg | Los Angeles

• AmmmuAmmmu Member

Mic-hael said: For what billing period? Month, year, decade?

Make sure you leave enough in your budget for additional requirements like, a domain name, billing software, etc.

Can i get something around 100 bucks yearly? .-. I hope im not being miser here.

• Mic-haelMic-hael Member, Provider
      edited November 3

@Ammmu said:

Mic-hael said: For what billing period? Month, year, decade?

Can i get something around 100 bucks yearly? .-. I hope im not being miser here.

There are many many variables.

How many accounts do you want to sell?

Depending where you go, base reseller plans are gonna be 5, 10 up to 50 domains and you'd have to upgrade to do any more. You should plan your intentions. Open a doc and write it all down.

Thanked by 2Ammmu ITLabs

Michael SmallWeb - Shared Hosting from £3.00/Year in London | Amsterdam | Melbourne | New York | Luxembourg | Los Angeles

• AmmmuAmmmu Member
      edited November 3

I guess i have to close this thread, do some research and come up with a details on what exactly i'm looking for. Thank you everyone for your precious time and help <3 !

Thanked by 2Mic-hael Ympker

@Ammmu

you may leave the thread as it is

and later on may be you can post here

and yes

You seems to be sakth londa.

thanks for this

Thanked by 1Ammmu

• @Ammmu said:
      Hey guys,
      I'm thinking to start a hosting side-business since i'm developing a little interest into it and i'm looking for decent resellers options. Please help me if anybody know about affordable hosting resellers offering decent specs - bandwidth and support! I would prefer cpanel over directadmin so it would be great if you can suggest options having cpanel included otherwise any type of response would be appreciated a lot :) !

Hoping to have

Yeah, you can definitely earn 100$ a year, but that is not side-business that you can scale up.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Provider

Hey look, a Frog Avatar that's trying to make easy money.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
    • Thanked by 1Janevski

the Amitz.party lives on!

• AmmmuAmmmu Member

@CokoMleko said:

@Ammmu said:
      Hey guys,

Hoping to have

Yeah, you can definitely earn 100$ a year, but that is not side-business that you can scale up.

I just wanted to give a start right now - currently I can spend upto 100 bucks - can I get something in this budget? Obviously I would spend more if I found it interesting and want to scale it up!

• Ammmu said: I'm already prepared for the trolls.

Ammmu said: I guess i have to close this thread

Thanked by 1uptime

You are dreaming. | And it's a nightmare. | THE SECRET THREAD | THE TRUTH | HAVES YOU SEEN THIS YURA?

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
      edited November 4

Ammmu said: I just wanted to give a start right now - currently I can spend upto 100 bucks - can I get something in this budget? Obviously I would spend more if I found it interesting and want to scale it up!

So, let me see if I understand correctly:

• You have $100 pocket money and you think, starting a web hosting company by reselling a random cheap service you found on LET and never tested in the long way by yourself would be a good fresh beginning.

• If you will not find it interesting (I guess, profiting), then, you will abandon it leaving any clients that had the bad luck to host something with you, without their services.

• If, while running the "hosting company", a major issue occur either because of the reseller (DC outage, bankraupt, rising of the price, corrupted server etc.) or, maybe, because of a hacked wordpress belonging to one of your clients your account starts to DDoSing and the reseller kickes you out, you have no idea how to deal with it.

• I also guess that support with the plans you willing to sell, is not included for the $100 total cost of your "company".

• And in the budget of $100, I guess you don't have any plan of redundancy, backups, taxes, formatting a company etc. Or you do?

Starting a "hosting company" by reselling shared hosting like this, is more of an attempt to cheat your potential customers just to get some more bucks for your weekly allowance from your parents. That's just scam. And you are trying to hide it calling some of LET members as... "trolls", when you are just a kiddo willing to play with other people's work...

_Sigh_

But, after all, who am I to judge? Go on, kid! Live your dreams!

Thanked by 1Janevski

• If a program actually fits in memory and has enough disk space, it is guaranteed to crash.
      • If such a program has not crashed yet, it is waiting for a critical moment before it crashes.

• AmmmuAmmmu Member

I was just looking for some info and help - Why you need to be so rude ? :S Not everybody born's a professional - My intentions are not to scam anyone infect I wanted to serve people the best possible services I can. That is why I'm on LET, to learn about new things , to learn about the market , to learn about the technicalities!

• deankdeank Member

Because I (or we) have never seen anyone going too far in this biz when you start off the way you do.

You are going to fail. I have no doubt about that.

• AmmmuAmmmu Member
      edited November 4

Instead of insulting me consistently, It would be great if you guys could guide me a little.. Like you need to increase your budget first - then you have to focus on these things - I've mentioned I'm new into these above :s

• deankdeank Member

The thing is that people like you share several common traits that drive you to fail.

This is not some gaming or indie dev stuff where you can learn as you go. You are attempting to enter a business where you will deal with other people's money pretty much immediately.

If you were truly sincere about what you are trying to do, you wouldn't ask on a public forum.
      Remember: People tend to do business in a subject they are well versed in.

Are you?

Thanked by 3Ammmu maverickp poisson

• Buyshared come with Blesta...Btw, summer is coming?

Thanked by 2Ammmu Francisco

Coffee, please.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
      edited November 4

@Ammmu said:
      Instead of insulting me consistently, It would be great if you guys could guide me a >little.. Like you need to increase your budget first - then you have to focus on these >things - I've mentioned I'm new into these above :s

I think what people are pointing out is your idea of 're-selling' may not be on par with what you actually need to do. Most services that support re-sellers only sell the resources on to you and then expect YOU to support the customer directly. Of course you can ticket and request assistance from the re-seller, should it be an issue specific to the platform, but otherwise you should be ready to support your customers directly.

Additionally, if you are going into this, even as a sole trader, there are a bunch of things you need to do first before you should even consider selling a product:

• Your own website
      • Your own billing system
      • Payment merchants to handle payments to you for the service
      • Your own support ticket system
      • Your own TOS and AUP stating what you support / don't allow

So, again, what this means is simply spending $100.00 per month isn't going to make you a re-seller or get you to a point where you are making money. You will need to put A LOT more effort into things, for example, setting up infrastructure for your self before you even consider finding a platform to partner with and resell.

So the reason you are feeling insulted here is, at least from what I can see, you never did any research on your own on this subject and thought someone would just tell you , "go pay X provider X and it's all good bro", when that isn't how things work. It's good people are exposing that you are unprepared now so that you don't waste your money trying this out without understanding what you will need from your side. No matter which way you do this it is not as simple as just 'buying a re-seller account' and then 'Profit$$$'.

The people who do re-sell or are doing similar things to what you are suggesting have already figured these things out and are simply trying to prevent you from screwing your self if you really think things are that easy.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 3ITLabs Ammmu maverickp

Have an Allwinner H3 device? Android? Check out H3Droid! | Lichee Pi Zero - The 6$ SBC | #SYSarm - Get It! | Atomic Pi - $35 x86 SBC
      20+ Years IT Experience in Linux/Windows Hosting, Administration and Development

• tgltgl Member

step 1: get rid of the avatar

• AmmmuAmmmu Member
      edited November 4

@TheLinuxBug exactly, I heard it from a friend that you should start selling web hostings as it's not that hot-topic in our country right now! I agree I didn't do any research from my end and just came here like a kiddo bashing have - 100$ want - unlimited $$$ to profit - I swear my intentions are not even close to this type of planning , the only thing I researched was the resellers right now and was confused about it! I really appreciate your kind words ! I'll surely do a little more research about it first!

• AmmmuAmmmu Member

@tgl Done Sir!

• tgltgl Member

About the business I guess you first need to decide your target customers (mainly locations) and then see about the resellers, right now there are a lot of hosting companies out there so you need something to make you special in order to make it against the competition, maybe you want to start a niche for hosting exotic locations.

Then you need to do some market analysis (e.g. SWOT, surveys), estimate your costs, decide on a budget, plan your sales and marketing strategies, build your website, sign the contract, and start advertising your business, and don't forget:

https://www.fundera.com/blog/what-percentage-of-small-businesses-fail

If its a side-business the risk is not that high, it will be just like an extra income if you do the math correctly.

Thanked by 1Ammmu
    • AmmmuAmmmu Member

Appreciated a lot! Thank you -

• raindog308raindog308 Moderator
      edited November 4

Trying to launch a general shared hosting service that competes with the big guys using reseller services is not going to succeed in 2019. That ship sailed 20 years ago.

However, selling shared hosting where you are providing some kind of value-add is quite doable. The classic example is a web designer who creates web sites for clients and then charges them $X per month to host it as well. There are still many people who don't want the hassle of managing their own shared hosting and are happy to turn it over to "their web guy".

Those kind of customers are not found by posting on LET or WHT. The bulk of the work there is in the design part of it, not the hosting part...that's just additional service revenue.

In short, if you think you're going to be the next Hostgator by reading "Your First 1,000 Customers in Web Hosting" and starting with a reseller account, you're not...that business model is dead. OTOH, doing web design and then hosting for your customers, or doing professional YouTube video production and also doing their web site, or becoming an expert in a particular web app and hosting it for people, etc. are still legitimate ways to make money in shared hosting.

Note that these are all endeavors with a ton of competition.

For LET support, please visit the interim support desk.

• deankdeank Member

@TheLinuxBug said:
      So the reason you are feeling insulted here is, at least from what I can see, you never did any research on your own on this subject and thought someone would just tell you-

That's the first bad common trait of many.

Another trait is that they never seem to take on the good advice and go with bad ones.

Another is that they've got really thin skin and get offended easily, going PMS easily.

• AmmmuAmmmu Member

@raindog308 you're pretty close to what I'm planning to do ! I'm a frontend Dev. by profession and I'm preparing to start my own set-up - I've got couple of clients as well and they are ready to pay us for managing there hosting and stuffs! It's just that isn't it possible I can show them something that I own a web hosting business and in the back end get something reliable? Of course I want to provide the best to my clients! It's not about profiting right now. It's about building relationships right now!

• AmmmuAmmmu Member

@deank I didn't got offended mate I respect each and every comments from all of you.. I know it's common to listen these type of things when you're new into something ! It requires a lot a courage & patience in order to start something by your own! I'm sorry if I hurt you or anyone in anyway!

• Ammmu said: - Why you need to be so rude ? :S

Why did you call us trolls?

You are dreaming. | And it's a nightmare. | THE SECRET THREAD | THE TRUTH | HAVES YOU SEEN THIS YURA?

• AmmmuAmmmu Member

@Janevski Where did I mention you guys troll? 'Why you needs to be so rude' is common statement I guess - I'm sorry if it hurts you !

• deankdeank Member

I am detecting PMS.

• @Ammmu said:
      @Janevski Where did I mention you guys troll? 'Why you needs to be so rude' is common statement I guess - I'm sorry if it hurts you !

But i am just a mere shitposter, not a troll.
      Remeber, we are here to help and help we did.

Thanked by 2Ammmu uptime

• AmmmuAmmmu Member

I agree you all guys helped me a lot! Believe it or not, this is one of the finest community I've been in since a long time - really appreciate each and every single advice from all of you guys!

• deankdeank Member

@Janevski said:
      But i am just a mere shitposter, not a troll.
      Remeber, we are here to help and help we did.

@J-Ski is not a troll. I AM a troll. J-Ski is more like a brother you loathe but keeps hanging around about.

Thanked by 1Janevski

• jsgjsg Member

@Ammmu

Short version: DON'T!

Running a hosting operation is much more than having some systems on offer (or on reselling).This advice is even more valid when you need a panel.

Thanked by 1Ammmu