Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

Looking for Shared Hosting? Check out my Shared/Reseller Provider Comparison Chart (to be updated!)
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Looking for Shared Hosting? Check out my Shared/Reseller Provider Comparison Chart (to be updated!)

YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited February 11 in General

So since it's always kind of a hassle to ask/search for the resource limits of Shared/Reseller Providers I have made a public accessible Google Doc where you can compare providers resource limits, Backups (yes/no), LiteSpeed(yes/no) for Shared Hosting and Reseller plans as well as Disk Space & Price. I have also listed coupons that I know can be used with certain hosts. This will be updated whenever I have time and motivation to do so. Feel free to request hosts to be added and/or tag your favourite provider to PM me the limits so I can add them :P

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11KsIwi39Go1E7lFYeCe2UVPxEtmR2BqfLuAYuJuU4Xo/edit?usp=sharing

To be continued:

Comments

• 👍 good job

Thanked by 2Ympker eol
    • Mic-haelMic-hael Member, Provider

Expecting an order any second now.

Good job :smile:

Thanked by 2Ympker eol
    • CM2018 hasn't worked at HostMantis for weeks. I tried using it several weeks ago before ordering new services and I tried again just now. Error is "The promotion code you entered has been applied to your cart but no items qualify for the discount yet - please check the promotion terms."

• WLISWLIS Member

How often will you update the spreadsheet?

• YmpkerYmpker Member
      edited February 11

@usr123 said:
      CM2018 hasn't worked at HostMantis for weeks. I tried using it several weeks ago before ordering new services and I tried again just now. Error is "The promotion code you entered has been applied to your cart but no items qualify for the discount yet - please check the promotion terms."

Only applies to yearly orders :D Double check the description of the code :P I ordered with it only a few days ago and paid yearly.

You can try NY2019. I believe that one is still valid and has no minimum contract time required. This one also requires to pay yearly.

• @WLIS said:

Just added BuyShared :)

Will update whenever I have time. However don't plan to add just any host but the ones I consider "stable" and/or trustworthy.

Thanked by 1coreflux
    • eoleol Member

Thanks.
      And "yay, german!".

Thanked by 1Ympker

˙ɹǝuzʇǝɥ

• @Ympker said:
      Only applies to yearly orders :D Double check the description of the code :P I ordered with it only a few days ago and paid yearly.

You can try NY2019. I believe that one is still valid and has no minimum contract time required. This one also requires to pay yearly.

With 80% OFF coupon, Hostmantis seems to provide high features compared to others in the sheet. How is the speed, uptime, support on Hostmantis (found some bad reviews on Google) ? Do they provide free migration to Wordpress site?

• YmpkerYmpker Member
      edited February 12

@kidrock said:

@Ympker said:

With 80% OFF coupon, Hostmantis seems to provide high features compared to others in the sheet. How is the speed, uptime, support on Hostmantis (found some bad reviews on Google) ? Do they provide free migration to Wordpress site?

Most of my tickets got answered in less than 30 minutes. Sometimes if later in the evening may take 1h. They also occasionally have live chat online which is being tested atm (probably will be implemented for sales only).
      Afaik they don't offer (free) migration, however then again in their FAQ say then can restore any full cpanel backup you provide. Best way to know would be to contact them :)

If it's a wordpress site you could also use All-in-one WordPress Migration plugin if your site isn't that big or Updraft Plus (free) which I used.
      I have recently purchased their Webbosting Advanced plan with 80% off for like 8$/year recurring and their reseller Entry for like 9,69$/year . Prices are really good and the high I/O and RAM resource distribution really seems to show. Uptime has been good so far although they recently moved their german shared server but that was announced downtime.

For Germany they use Hetzner, for UK/FR OVH. The other locations I forgot. LiteSpeed also seems to speed up things.

• WLISWLIS Member

@Ympker said:

@WLIS said:

Will update whenever I have time. However don't plan to add just any host but the ones I consider "stable" and/or trustworthy.

Just PM you about any that I think may be worth adding?

• @WLIS said:

@Ympker said:

@WLIS said:

Just PM you about any that I think may be worth adding?

Just post them here although I will only add hosts that I consider to be stable and/or trustworthy.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

Added Brixly to the list as they are a provider I've been very happy with in the past and both Dennis as well as @MikePT will make sure things are running smoothly ;)

There are a few n/a in the Brixly chart but I'm sure @MikePT could help me fill those out? : )

Thanked by 1MikePT
    • tr0gd0rtr0gd0r Member

@Francisco Can you elaborate on why BuyShared has bandwidth limits and slices are unmetered?

• uxtvdluxtvdl Member

@tr0gd0r said:
      @Francisco Can you elaborate on why BuyShared has bandwidth limits and slices are unmetered?

because websites don't use that much bandwidth unless they are hosting files like videos and music, etc which obviously isn't suited in shared hosting environment. also the vpses being unmetered means that you cannot use very high amount since the network is shared and if you calculate it will come down to a certain limit when used 24x7 continuously so that's just marketing naming it unmetered/unlimited even in unlimited shared hosting they limit it

pɹɐɔ ʇıpǝɹɔ ʎuɐ ʇnoɥʇıʍ sɹǝʌɹǝs pǝʇɐɔıpǝp ǝǝɹɟ ʇǝƃ : uɔɔʍ/ǝǝɹɟxʇǝƃ/ɯoɔ˙ıpǝpǝǝɹɟ//:sdʇʇɥ

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

@tr0gd0r said:

We have some users that really push the bandwidth usage, so it's there to keep things in check.

Maybe we can do something like the $7/m reseller is unmetered bandwidth.

That'd be fair in my eyes, especially with what else we're adding to the freebie list soon.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Sofia_K mikei
      BuyVM - Dedicated KVM Slices / Anycast Support! / Stallion Control Panel / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
      BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
    • uxtvdluxtvdl Member
      edited March 13

@Francisco said:

@tr0gd0r said:

We have some users that really push the bandwidth usage, so it's there to keep things in check.

That'd be fair in my eyes, especially with what else we're adding to the freebie list soon.

Francisco

can you explain why it's just 9$ when I order the 15$ vps happened with others also like the block storage was something around 0.75$ when I ordered it and then when the invoice came it was back to normal ? are there some flaws or is this first month discount ?

pɹɐɔ ʇıpǝɹɔ ʎuɐ ʇnoɥʇıʍ sɹǝʌɹǝs pǝʇɐɔıpǝp ǝǝɹɟ ʇǝƃ : uɔɔʍ/ǝǝɹɟxʇǝƃ/ɯoɔ˙ıpǝpǝǝɹɟ//:sdʇʇɥ

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

@uxtvdl said:

@Francisco said:

@tr0gd0r said:

Francisco

can you explain why it's just 9$ when I order the 15$ vps happened with others also like the block storage was something around 0.75$ when I ordered it and then when the invoice came it was back to normal ? are there some flaws or is this first month discount ?

That's prorate.

Francisco

BuyVM - Dedicated KVM Slices / Anycast Support! / Stallion Control Panel / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
      BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
    • LetzienLetzien Member

@Francisco can't get his rolls if he don't get his tolls.

• MikePTMikePT Member, Provider

@Ympker said:
      Added Brixly to the list as they are a provider I've been very happy with in the past and both Dennis as well as @MikePT will make sure things are running smoothly ;)

There are a few n/a in the Brixly chart but I'm sure @MikePT could help me fill those out? : )

Thank you! Should be all set now! :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
    • banxixbanxix Member

I will put InfinityFree top of the list ;)

• uxtvdluxtvdl Member

@banxix said:
      I will put InfinityFree top of the list ;)

000WEBHOSTAPP.COM

• @tr0gd0r

tr0gd0r said: why BuyShared has bandwidth limits and slices are unmetered?

BuyShared plans are ultra-affordable and amount of bandwidth you get for the money is beyond any complaints.
      Speaking of limits, you're much more likely to hit a CPU limit, but it also fully corresponds to the amount of money you pay.

@Francisco

Francisco said: especially with what else we're adding to the freebie list soon

You mean you're planning a BuyShared upgrade of some kind?

• YmpkerYmpker Member
      edited July 5

I will wait a bit until most hosts have adapted to the cPanel issue and then update the prices accordingly including cPanel limits. Stay tuned! :)

Thanked by 3emgh ITLabs adamluk
    • Sofia_KSofia_K Member
      edited July 6

@Francisco said: specially with what else we're adding to the freebie list soon

As I've already billed my customers and can't ask them for more money, I'm moving my reseller sub-accounts to add-on domains (1 account only) untill DA migration is available on your server. It's just 15-20 accounts, WP sites mostly.

But the CPU/RAM really concerns me. As they eat cpu when logged in to WP admin and RAM too. If you can bump them a bit on reseller nodes then we can save money on cpanel accounts. Hope such freebie could be offered to us until DA migration which I expect EOY or later.

Have a great day! Recommended: Namecheap | Godaddy | Cloudflare | AWS | Google Cloud | Ramnode VPS | BuyVM | OVH | Hetzner

edited July 6

@Sofia_K said:

@Francisco said: specially with what else we're adding to the freebie list soon

As I've already billed my customers and can't ask them for more money, I'm moving my reseller sub-accounts to add-on domains (1 account only) untill DA migration is available on your server. It's just 15-20 accounts, WP sites mostly.

But the CPU/RAM really concerns me. As they eat cpu when logged in to WP admin and RAM too. If you can bump them a bit on reseller nodes then we can save money on cpanel accounts. Hope such freebie could be offered to us until DA migration which I expect EOY or later.

Sorry, not too sure on your specifics or needs but how about converting to a DA server @Frantech instead of waiting for a reseller? DirectAdmin does have a script that can convert cPanel backups to DirectAdmin backups, including reseller accounts.

I understand if you stick with the Reseller :)

Thanked by 2Sofia_K Ympker
    • Sofia_KSofia_K Member
      edited July 6

Mic-hael said: Sorry, not too sure on your specifics or needs but how about converting to a DA server @Frantech instead of waiting for a reseller? DirectAdmin does have a script that can convert cPanel backups to DirectAdmin backups, including reseller accounts.

For my clients, they wanted to stay in Vegas, and @Francisco's service seems awesome, and I've billed them according to my reseller plan and not a VPS (which is much more) So I'm sticking with Buyshared's reseller. Another thing, until I test DA on VPS (which he too advised me earlier if I've many many accounts), but again I'm not in server-management (technical things) And I can't move my client's money-sites to DA VPS when I myself has not learned to manage the Litespeed webserver, and DA functions, etc and bet customer's sites on them.

Yes, I do indeed want to try DA on VPS for learning purpose, but that too will do in my free time in coming months!

Thanked by 1Mic-hael

Have a great day! Recommended: Namecheap | Godaddy | Cloudflare | AWS | Google Cloud | Ramnode VPS | BuyVM | OVH | Hetzner

• YmpkerYmpker Member
      edited July 29

Changelog of today's update:

I have updated most hosts accordingly. Added 3 new rows. "Personal favourite", "The New Face" and "Last Updated" .

Added SmallWeb @Mic-hael to the list. Removed Ho-ost.

@HostDoc has mentioned that they need another week before the pricing update is "fixed" so I'll wait for that.

@Mic-hael will help me update the chart shortly.

If any of the other listed providers here find any errors in my chart regarding the LVE limits etc do not hesitate to PM me and I'll get it sorted @Francisco @ZotiMediaGroup @Nick_A

@Cam Any news regarding your shared hosting plans moving forward? :)

• CamCam Member, Provider

@Ympker said:

If any of the other listed providers here find any errors in my chart regarding the LVE limits etc do not hesitate to PM me and I'll get it sorted @Francisco @ZotiMediaGroup @Nick_A

Responded on HB :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
    • YmpkerYmpker Member
      edited July 29

@Cam said:

@Ympker said:

Responded on HB :)

Updated table of @Cam and @Mic-hael :)

Thanked by 2Mic-hael Cam
    • Updates are needed :)

• @aaronstuder said:
      Updates are needed :)

Ping me what hosts have updates and I'll update them asap. I haven't had time recently as I am working on a couple term papers. I haven't heard from @HostDoc yet regarding any further changes. I believe I had already updated BuyShared pricing. Which one is incorrect atm?

• aaronstuderaaronstuder Member
      edited September 13

Will do.

Thanked by 1Ympker
    • seriesnseriesn Member, Provider

@Ympker Would love to be on your list :)

• vyas11vyas11 Member
      edited September 14

@seriesn said:
      @Ympker Would love to be on your list :)

You might want to check with @Ympker on the criteria to be on the list. Good ones, in fact valid ones I'd say. Not implying that yours is not a legitimate service !!

Thanked by 1Ympker

Benchmark VPS'es || New! Review of Nexusbytes - Part I, Part II, Part III ||

• YmpkerYmpker Member
      edited September 14

Update: Added per cPanel pricing for (most) cPanel Resellers and added MyW.pt @MikePT to the list ;)

@seriesn Don't feel bad if I have to turn you down for now, but this started out as my personal list and I was aiming for a list of established hosts which I consider trustworthy or have used myself. That doesn't mean that your service is not a legitimate service. I don't plan to make the biggest list here. Background: It's a list where every provider on it, is someone I'd consider going to when I need to jump ship or someone asks me for a recommendation/advice. Again, please don't feel offended. I promise you'll have the same chance to join the list like anyone else.

• seriesnseriesn Member, Provider

@Ympker said:
      Update: Added per cPanel pricing for (most) cPanel Resellers and added MyW.pt @MikePT to the list ;)

@seriesn Don't feel bad if I have to turn you down for now, but this started out as my personal list and I was aiming for a list of established hosts which I consider trustworthy or have used myself. That doesn't mean that your service is not a legitimate service. I don't plan to make the biggest list here. Background: It's a list where every provider on it, is someone I'd consider going to when I need to jump ship or someone asks me for a recommendation/advice. Again, please don't feel offended. I promise you'll have the same chance to join the list like anyone else.

Challenge accepted :). One day , one damn day.

Thanked by 2Ympker vyas11
    • Added one of my first and favourite hosts to the list: All-Inkl.com They are using their own control panel so not much infos available. But Performance has always been solid with them and 24/7 competent phone and e-mail support rocks :)

Thanked by 1ITLabs
    • Ympker said: Added one of my first and favourite hosts to the list: All-Inkl.com

do they talk English? How to you communicate with them on phone/e-mail?

• @Sofia_K said:

Ympker said: Added one of my first and favourite hosts to the list: All-Inkl.com

do they talk English? How to you communicate with them on phone/e-mail?

The control panel can be set to english. Their e-mail support also replies to English inquiries last time I used them. Hotline I don't know. Bes just ask :)

Thanked by 1Sofia_K
    • Ympker said: Their e-mail support also replies to English inquiries

ok. gr8. will try them.

Thanked by 1Ympker

• YmpkerYmpker Member
      edited September 14

@Sofia_K said:

Ympker said: Their e-mail support also replies to English inquiries

ok. gr8. will try them.

You can also get a test acc that deactivates automatically after 7 days: https://all-inkl.com/webhosting/test-account/

Note that only their PrivatPlus plan or higher has free LE SSL iirc :) First 3 months seem to be free for any plan atm, too. Cancel monthly.

Thanked by 1Sofia_K
    • Ympker said: You can also get a test acc that deactivates automatically after 7 days: https://all-inkl.com/webhosting/test-account/

that's nice. will try the test plan

Thanked by 1Ympker

• YmpkerYmpker Member
      edited September 14

@Sofia_K said:

Ympker said: You can also get a test acc that deactivates automatically after 7 days: https://all-inkl.com/webhosting/test-account/

that's nice. will try the test plan

Test plan includes SSH access also :)
      All-Inkl is probably known as being one of the most solid german providers. Also, each Web Hosting Plan shows how many other users are on your server :) I've used their Premium plan in the bast with only 25 other users on my server. Pretty neat.

Edit: Just called them: Cp is available in english, no problem. English support can take a bit longer but e-mails will definitely be answered. Phone support in english can be hit or miss as some colleagues can speak better or worse English. Best to get English phone support is during Monday-Friday working hours (8:30-24:00). 24h Hotline can have English support but hit or miss. Tbh that's an honest answer imho. They don't have any external call center staff. It's just them and they'll do the best they can :)

Thanked by 1ITLabs
    • @Ympker said:

Edit: Just called them: Cp is available in english, no problem. English support can take a bit longer but e-mails will definitely be answered. Phone support in english can be hit or miss as some colleagues can speak better or worse English. Best to get English phone support is during Monday-Friday working hours (8:30-24:00). 24h Hotline can have English support but hit or miss. Tbh that's an honest answer imho. They don't have any external call center staff. It's just them and they'll do the best they can :)

First of all, helpful info above.

Now to the other matters...
      And I thought you had a term paper to prepare.
      Ah, the things fanboys and girls do for their fav providers :-)
      Or maybe just finding an excuse not to work on those term papers.

I hope you are grading and not preparing for them. That is your penance for shying away from the task at hand.

Thanked by 1Ympker

Benchmark VPS'es || New! Review of Nexusbytes - Part I, Part II, Part III ||

• YmpkerYmpker Member
      edited September 14

@vyas11 said:

@Ympker said:

First of all, helpful info above.

Now to the other matters...
      And I thought you had a term paper to prepare.
      Ah, the things fanboys and girls do for their fav providers :-)
      Or maybe just finding an excuse not to work on those term papers.

I hope you are grading and not preparing for them. That is your penance for shying away from the task at hand.

Tbh. today is one of my day's off. Been to another city, chilling at some local festival and wandering around. Felt good. Gotta have these, too. Otherwise I'd go nuts.

Thanked by 1vyas11
    • Thanks for this!

Thanked by 1Ympker
      edited October 30

Hey mate, some updates if you wish to implement them :)

• Removal of 2GB SW Plan
      • Reseller 0.5GB >>10GB
      • 20 EP, 1GB v/p MEM, 1,024 IOPS, 5MB/s I/O (for CloudLinux applicable locations)

Cheers :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
    • @Mic-hael said:
      Hey mate, some updates if you wish to implement them :)

• Removal of 2GB SW Plan
      • Reseller 0.5GB >>10GB
      • 20 EP, 1GB v/p MEM, 1,024 IOPS, 5MB/s I/O (for CloudLinux applicable locations)

Cheers :)

Done.

Thanked by 1Mic-hael