Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Why VPS for India location are costly ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Why VPS for India location are costly ?

voxinvoxin Member

I was wondering why the VPS charges are so high for India location when compared with rest of the world.
Especially network bandwidth is so costly there if you go with VPS.
Does anyone know?.
I am looking for a better offer which gives me 1/2TB bandwidth.

«1

Comments

  • OBHostOBHost Member, Provider

    Bandwidth is expensive thats why Pricing for Asian Servers are high..
    Singapore, Pakistan or India - Many Asian Countries servers pricing are high as compare to rest of the world VPS just because of bandwidth...

  • XiNiXXiNiX Member, Provider

    Hosting on an India server means that you would be paying slightly more than you would pay with US hosting.

    This is because low bandwidth costs higher, for instance, the cost of broadband and cable is India costs higher as opposed to the US this is partially due to the fact that the infrastructure is expensive in India.

    Its still rate to find hosts with true 1 Gbps Uplinks and if they do the Bandwidth is really far far less that you can expect.

    Thanked by 2Sanjue007 voxin

    XiNiX™ InfoTech Pvt. Ltd. ( Since - 2005 ) : Virtual & Dedicated in United States / Europe & India

  • WaqassWaqass Member, Provider

    I dont even see vps offerings in Pakistan. The infrastructure here is not upto the mark.

  • voxinvoxin Member

    Was just checking Azure pricing, It seems there is almost 60% higher for asia regions
    Asia ---- $0.0875 per GB
    America --- $0.12 per GB

  • mhosting_inmhosting_in Member
    edited February 2

    you can choose a server from Singapore or Germany you get a good ping for Indian visitors

  • OBHostOBHost Member, Provider

    @Waqass said:
    I dont even see vps offerings in Pakistan. The infrastructure here is not upto the mark.

    OBHost offering VPS Services in Pakistan (Karachi City and Multan City)..

    Thanked by 2pike Waqass
  • check digital digitalocean they provide in multiple locations in India.

  • seenuseenu Member

    In general internet is expensive in India.

    i used to pay Rs.2000 (around $50 that time) in 2010 for 1-2mbps speed,

    then beam (now called ACT) started offering 10mbps for Rs. 1000 which is like a dream for many people.

    now same company offers me 150mbps speed and 2000GB bw per month for same amount i.e. they keep adding more speed and bw for free.

    i pay around $17/m for it....now you compare prices in other countries...

  • upalupal Member

    @seenu said:
    In general internet is expensive in India.

    i used to pay Rs.2000 (around $50 that time) in 2010 for 1-2mbps speed,

    then beam (now called ACT) started offering 10mbps for Rs. 1000 which is like a dream for many people.

    now same company offers me 150mbps speed and 2000GB bw per month for same amount i.e. they keep adding more speed and bw for free.

    i pay around $17/m for it....now you compare prices in other countries...

    Jio Fiber offers 150Mbps unlimited for $13usd/mo. Plus you get an entire IPv6 range for every separate device connected to your network. Why don't you just make a switch?

  • You think India is expansive?
    I got a 1u colocation offer with 100mbps unmetered in Saudia Arabia for just 6799$.

  • lentrolentro Member, Provider

    @alexgold said: I got a 1u colocation offer with 100mbps unmetered in Saudia Arabia for just 6799$.

    Seriously???? Is that USD? I want to vomit even looking at that number haha. They must be making bank.

    If these are true numbers: https://ksaexpats.com/saudi-arabia-fiber-optic-fixed-line-internet-packages-prices-dec-2018/

    You can literally rent out part of a warehouse and multiple 100mbps connections to that for a fraction of the cost. Of course, then you'd need to figure out if they support BGP sessions so you are multi-homed, etc. etc. but $6800 is insane.

  • @lentro you seem quite knowledgeable about transit costs and warehouse costs in Saudi arabia

    Stop the insanity - Use firebase, cloudflare workers, oracle cloud, proton vpn and stop spending money

  • lentrolentro Member, Provider

    @Unbelievable said:
    @lentro you seem quite knowledgeable about transit costs and warehouse costs in Saudi arabia

    Apologies if I seemed a bit arrogant. I'm actually trying to do something v similar in the US to host a bunch of GPUs with immersion cooling (which I haven't found any DC has) in the next few years, so I ported over my assumptions there. Still, $6799 is insane though. That's 100x the cost of a US counterpart (if you know where to look).

  • JioJio Member

    @lentro said: You can literally rent out part of a warehouse and multiple 100mbps connections to that for a fraction of the cost. Of course, then you'd need to figure out if they support BGP sessions so you are multi-homed, etc. etc. but $6800 is insane.

    haha no not without a licence issued by government for censored telecommunications service licence or you will be "removed " :)

  • lentrolentro Member, Provider

    @Jio said: not without a licence issued by government

    Gotcha. Interesting. Thanks!

    Reminds me of this:

  • If you compare India with Europe and US, then yes, they have highly developed networking conditions
    However it’s not the case when it comes to other parts of the world.

  • It's not expensive if you consider what you get for $5 at Linode Mumbai

    10gbit premium KVM in AMS, launching in 10..9...8....
    (affiliate for 🥰 ) https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/aff.php?aff=401&gid=33

  • @alexgold said:
    You think India is expansive?
    I got a 1u colocation offer with 100mbps unmetered in Saudia Arabia for just 6799$.

    with that pay, you buy too many racks in india.

  • OBHostOBHost Member, Provider

    Bandwidth is cheapest in Europe and US thats why servers are affordable there.
    Asia pricing for bandwidth is high if compare with Europe and US.. & MENA region has alot of internet policies thats why servers are too expensive in MENA region..

  • mhosting_inmhosting_in Member
    edited February 3

    but some provider provide VPS at a good price in India and Asia region.

  • seenuseenu Member

    @upal said:

    @seenu said:
    In general internet is expensive in India.

    i used to pay Rs.2000 (around $50 that time) in 2010 for 1-2mbps speed,

    then beam (now called ACT) started offering 10mbps for Rs. 1000 which is like a dream for many people.

    now same company offers me 150mbps speed and 2000GB bw per month for same amount i.e. they keep adding more speed and bw for free.

    i pay around $17/m for it....now you compare prices in other countries...

    Jio Fiber offers 150Mbps unlimited for $13usd/mo. Plus you get an entire IPv6 range for every separate device connected to your network. Why don't you just make a switch?

    Not available in our colony yet and looks like they reduced prices a lot these days.

  • @upal said:

    @seenu said:
    In general internet is expensive in India.

    i used to pay Rs.2000 (around $50 that time) in 2010 for 1-2mbps speed,

    then beam (now called ACT) started offering 10mbps for Rs. 1000 which is like a dream for many people.

    now same company offers me 150mbps speed and 2000GB bw per month for same amount i.e. they keep adding more speed and bw for free.

    i pay around $17/m for it....now you compare prices in other countries...

    Jio Fiber offers 150Mbps unlimited for $13usd/mo. Plus you get an entire IPv6 range for every separate device connected to your network. Why don't you just make a switch?

    Too bad the IPv6 addresses aren't static. Rather, the default gateway IP also changes, so dunno if this is useful at all.

    I'm unable to setup the Cloudflare DDNS service for my dynamic IPv6, if anyone has experience with that, please let me know. :)

  • seenuseenu Member

    @kwaralala said: Too bad the IPv6 addresses aren't static. Rather, the default gateway IP also changes, so dunno if this is useful at all.

    Did you try asking for static ip? some providers like ACT offer at Rs.300/m.

    and in general (my observation) if you don't reboot/turnoff router...you will be having same ip for many days/months.

  • kwaralalakwaralala Member
    edited February 3

    @seenu said:

    @kwaralala said: Too bad the IPv6 addresses aren't static. Rather, the default gateway IP also changes, so dunno if this is useful at all.

    Did you try asking for static ip? some providers like ACT offer at Rs.300/m.

    and in general (my observation) if you don't reboot/turnoff router...you will be having same ip for many days/months.

    I did, they said no for that. However, the internet has been quite stable for me.
    TataSky broadband offers free static IPv6, which I used for 2+ years. However, the router/ONT combo they provided was VERY BAD, and it used to drop the wireless connection every 30 mins.

    I had signed up for the free 1 month trial with Jio in November last year just for kicks, and ended up staying with them.

    Airtel does provide a static IPv4 for 99+GST.

    Edit: Yes, the IP stays same for 2-3 days maybe, but not really reliable since I stay out of town a lot, and can't change IP address settings remotely.

  • seenuseenu Member

    Ohhhh... in my case, i don't restart my router for days and i observed my ip stays same even after short reboots. YMMV

  • WaqassWaqass Member, Provider

    @OBHost said: OBHost offering VPS Services in Pakistan (Karachi City and Multan City)..

    You are pure gold.

  • OBHostOBHost Member, Provider

    @Waqass said:

    @OBHost said: OBHost offering VPS Services in Pakistan (Karachi City and Multan City)..

    You are pure gold.

    24 Karat gold (100% Pure)

  • voxinvoxin Member

    Can we use Jio Fiber for Web hosting purpose?. How to get a static IP address ?.

  • seenuseenu Member

    @voxin said:
    Can we use Jio Fiber for Web hosting purpose?. How to get a static IP address ?.

    for static just use netlify/vercel or new CF pages (beta)

  • @voxin said:
    Can we use Jio Fiber for Web hosting purpose?. How to get a static IP address ?.

    contact them directly for static.

  • upalupal Member

    @kwaralala said:

    @upal said:

    @seenu said:
    In general internet is expensive in India.

    i used to pay Rs.2000 (around $50 that time) in 2010 for 1-2mbps speed,

    then beam (now called ACT) started offering 10mbps for Rs. 1000 which is like a dream for many people.

    now same company offers me 150mbps speed and 2000GB bw per month for same amount i.e. they keep adding more speed and bw for free.

    i pay around $17/m for it....now you compare prices in other countries...

    Jio Fiber offers 150Mbps unlimited for $13usd/mo. Plus you get an entire IPv6 range for every separate device connected to your network. Why don't you just make a switch?

    Too bad the IPv6 addresses aren't static. Rather, the default gateway IP also changes, so dunno if this is useful at all.

    I'm unable to setup the Cloudflare DDNS service for my dynamic IPv6, if anyone has experience with that, please let me know. :)

    Easy way to setup DDNS using cloudflare is by making a No-IP dns record and download their client which usually updates the IP address whenever it changes and create a 'CNAME' record pointing towards the No-IP hostname.

  • kwaralalakwaralala Member
    edited February 3

    @upal said:

    @kwaralala said:

    @upal said:

    @seenu said:
    In general internet is expensive in India.

    i used to pay Rs.2000 (around $50 that time) in 2010 for 1-2mbps speed,

    then beam (now called ACT) started offering 10mbps for Rs. 1000 which is like a dream for many people.

    now same company offers me 150mbps speed and 2000GB bw per month for same amount i.e. they keep adding more speed and bw for free.

    i pay around $17/m for it....now you compare prices in other countries...

    Jio Fiber offers 150Mbps unlimited for $13usd/mo. Plus you get an entire IPv6 range for every separate device connected to your network. Why don't you just make a switch?

    Too bad the IPv6 addresses aren't static. Rather, the default gateway IP also changes, so dunno if this is useful at all.

    I'm unable to setup the Cloudflare DDNS service for my dynamic IPv6, if anyone has experience with that, please let me know. :)

    Easy way to setup DDNS using cloudflare is by making a No-IP dns record and download their client which usually updates the IP address whenever it changes and create a 'CNAME' record pointing towards the No-IP hostname.

    Thanks, I'll give this a shot. Can the CF proxy work over No-IP? Any bandwidth restrictions owing to this?

    Edit: Found something which might work:
    1. https://github.com/LINKIWI/cloudflare-ddns-client
    2. https://github.com/eoprede/cf_dynamic

  • upalupal Member

    @kwaralala said:

    @upal said:

    @kwaralala said:

    @upal said:

    @seenu said:
    In general internet is expensive in India.

    i used to pay Rs.2000 (around $50 that time) in 2010 for 1-2mbps speed,

    then beam (now called ACT) started offering 10mbps for Rs. 1000 which is like a dream for many people.

    now same company offers me 150mbps speed and 2000GB bw per month for same amount i.e. they keep adding more speed and bw for free.

    i pay around $17/m for it....now you compare prices in other countries...

    Jio Fiber offers 150Mbps unlimited for $13usd/mo. Plus you get an entire IPv6 range for every separate device connected to your network. Why don't you just make a switch?

    Too bad the IPv6 addresses aren't static. Rather, the default gateway IP also changes, so dunno if this is useful at all.

    I'm unable to setup the Cloudflare DDNS service for my dynamic IPv6, if anyone has experience with that, please let me know. :)

    Easy way to setup DDNS using cloudflare is by making a No-IP dns record and download their client which usually updates the IP address whenever it changes and create a 'CNAME' record pointing towards the No-IP hostname.

    Thanks, I'll give this a shot. Can the CF proxy work over No-IP? Any bandwidth restrictions owing to this?

    Edit: Found something which might work:
    1. https://github.com/LINKIWI/cloudflare-ddns-client
    2. https://github.com/eoprede/cf_dynamic

    You can hook up any DDNS updater which supports IPv6 to your rpi in order to do the job and yes cloudflare proxy does seem to work with any created CNAME given that it is No-IP or any other similar DNS service.
    The only drawback of using proxy is that it limits you to the default allowed ports by CF such as 80,443 but at the same time it offers the address to be reachable from an IPv4 address as well.

    Thanked by 1kwaralala
  • Brain storming:

    To reach Europe, India needs to
    1. bypass the Cape of Good Hope in Africa, submarine communication cables is expensive and hard to maintenance.
    2. By pass Suez Canal, it is doable but not much room to build.
    4. By pass Land or Persian Gulf, too many unfriendly neighbors.

    Too many user, too less space that can be built.

    Don't give me hope.

  • DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Provider

    I think it's because of lack of individual players in India. Big companies use price monopoly to sell server/vps at higher price.

    Only individual can drop price by selling it at less margin.

    Thanked by 1voxin
    DemoTiger.com - custom cPanel branded Videos for your KB/YouTube,etc.
  • @elliotc said:

    Brain storming:

    To reach Europe, India needs to
    1. bypass the Cape of Good Hope in Africa, submarine communication cables is expensive and hard to maintenance.
    2. By pass Suez Canal, it is doable but not much room to build.
    4. By pass Land or Persian Gulf, too many unfriendly neighbors.

    Too many user, too less space that can be built.

    Interesting illustration there. I want to know how does Singapore work out with this logic.

  • @kwaralala said: Interesting illustration there. I want to know how does Singapore work out with this logic.

    It's probably Singapore to India to EU, and Singapore to Hong Kong to other east asian countries to west coast US. But usually to save costs some weird things can happen especially for ISPs. It's not uncommon to route you to west coast US then to EU. It's likely a thing where they have more spare traffic to US so they utilize it that way.

  • @smallbibi said:

    @kwaralala said: Interesting illustration there. I want to know how does Singapore work out with this logic.

    It's probably Singapore to India to EU, and Singapore to Hong Kong to other east asian countries to west coast US. But usually to save costs some weird things can happen especially for ISPs. It's not uncommon to route you to west coast US then to EU. It's likely a thing where they have more spare traffic to US so they utilize it that way.

    Makes sense. My understanding is that bandwidth is cheaper in SG compared to India?

  • @kwaralala said:

    @smallbibi said:

    @kwaralala said: Interesting illustration there. I want to know how does Singapore work out with this logic.

    It's probably Singapore to India to EU, and Singapore to Hong Kong to other east asian countries to west coast US. But usually to save costs some weird things can happen especially for ISPs. It's not uncommon to route you to west coast US then to EU. It's likely a thing where they have more spare traffic to US so they utilize it that way.

    Makes sense. My understanding is that bandwidth is cheaper in SG compared to India?

    yes in Singapore bandwidth is cheaper.
    I test a few servers from Germany location less for Germany location also.
    if you too much bandwidth then Germany is also a good option.

  • WhoaWhoa Member
    edited February 3

    @upal said: Jio Fiber offers 150Mbps unlimited for $13usd/mo. Plus you get an entire IPv6 range for every separate device connected to your network. Why don't you just make a switch?

    Unlimited = "Commercial use policy of 3300 GB applicable on all Truly Unlimited Plans."

    Source - https://www.jio.com/en-in/fiber/terms-and-conditions

    To avoid abuse of Unlimited Data benefits by a few that affects the vast majority of other users, for such plans, RJIL will identify and treat any consumption by a customer beyond 3300 GB of data in a 30 day recharge cycle; as misuse of the benefits provided. Upon reaching such limit in a recharge cycle, RJIL reserves the right to withdraw the plan benefits in the form of data use for such consumer without giving any prior notice.

    3300GB is a lot, but it's not "Truly Unlimited".
    And it's not that you'd be slowed down for the rest of the month upon exceeding this limit. You can be unceremoniously kicked out with no prior notice.

    I can understand if they called it unlimited* (with an asterix), but they didn't ... they chose to call it "Truly Unlimited".

  • upalupal Member

    @Whoa said:

    @upal said: Jio Fiber offers 150Mbps unlimited for $13usd/mo. Plus you get an entire IPv6 range for every separate device connected to your network. Why don't you just make a switch?

    Unlimited = "Commercial use policy of 3300 GB applicable on all Truly Unlimited Plans."

    Source - https://www.jio.com/en-in/fiber/terms-and-conditions

    To avoid abuse of Unlimited Data benefits by a few that affects the vast majority of other users, for such plans, RJIL will identify and treat any consumption by a customer beyond 3300 GB of data in a 30 day recharge cycle; as misuse of the benefits provided. Upon reaching such limit in a recharge cycle, RJIL reserves the right to withdraw the plan benefits in the form of data use for such consumer without giving any prior notice.

    3300GB is a lot, but it's not "Truly Unlimited".
    And it's not that you'd be slowed down for the rest of the month upon exceeding this limit. You can be unceremoniously kicked out with no prior notice.

    I can understand if they called it unlimited* (with an asterix), but they didn't ... they chose to call it "Truly Unlimited".

    Everybody knows that. He just mentioned that he had a 2TB limit on his ACT but other ISPs provide up to 3.3TB which eventually will increase if everybody in this country starts reaching that limit that is. And corporate connections like leased line do not have these limitations what so ever. As per my knowledge it is currently Rs.4000/10Mbps which is highly negotiable if you take higher speeds that is, it has speed limitations up to 1Gbps.

  • WhoaWhoa Member

    @upal said: Everybody knows that. He just mentioned that he had a 2TB limit on his ACT but other ISPs provide up to 3.3TB

    Maybe call it as 3.3TB limit then ? and not "unlimited" like you did ?

    which eventually will increase if everybody in this country starts reaching that limit that is

    Quite the opposite. If "everyone" in the country starts reaching that limit, it will be unsustainable with current infrastructure & prices = much more strict usage limits on these plans.

    I mentioned my problem with Jio's advertising viz. they call their plan "Truly Unlimited", when it clearly isn't.

    btw, 10mbps = 3200GB/month @ 100% utilization = not any cheaper @ 4k/month.

  • jsgjsg Member

    Funny, Tata, an indian corporation/group runs some of the major international cables (afiak mostly sub-marine) and is one of the more attractive carriers even in Europe.

    My guess (and really just a guess): indian bureaucracy, infrastructure not up-to-date, plus too many layers trying to make some money.

    If I'd ever be interested in finding an indian colo (very, very unlikely) I'd look around and close by the cable landing points.

    The problem with democracy is that by definition > 85% of the voters are not particularly intelligent.

  • dosaidosai Member

    Ovh is coming to India, this might change our pricing.

    Thanked by 1kwaralala
  • upalupal Member

    @Whoa said:

    @upal said: Everybody knows that. He just mentioned that he had a 2TB limit on his ACT but other ISPs provide up to 3.3TB

    Maybe call it as 3.3TB limit then ? and not "unlimited" like you did ?

    which eventually will increase if everybody in this country starts reaching that limit that is

    Quite the opposite. If "everyone" in the country starts reaching that limit, it will be unsustainable with current infrastructure & prices = much more strict usage limits on these plans.

    I mentioned my problem with Jio's advertising viz. they call their plan "Truly Unlimited", when it clearly isn't.

    btw, 10mbps = 3200GB/month @ 100% utilization = not any cheaper @ 4k/month.

    What are you even saying? 10Mbps on a leased line does not have any level of FUP involved in any corporate. And who the hell even takes 10Mbps leased line as it is their starting slab and it gets negotiated with the more bandwidth you assign to your network.

    And given that your “unlimited” point of view which seem to really suck against Jio Fiber. We the users have a plan worth of 199 for 7 days as well which gives 1TB additional of limit on a 100Mbps as a combo plan. Even if you sum it up to 4 weeks it comes to just around Rs.798/mo for 4TB plus it can get added and stacked any time you are running out of the usage.
    Jio Fiber has a very flexible billing system and plans can be stacked and activated upon your own will if you are worried about running out of your very current bandwidth usage.

    Last month I had used around 11gigs worth of download/upload using Jio Fiber.
    Maybe get your facts checked first. I know the word “truly unlimited” sucks for a lot of users as what the hell which web hosting company in the world does not advertise like this and all their plans are always covered by a FUP limit, it is all a part of a sale strategy.

  • upalupal Member

    @upal said:

    @Whoa said:

    @upal said: Everybody knows that. He just mentioned that he had a 2TB limit on his ACT but other ISPs provide up to 3.3TB

    Maybe call it as 3.3TB limit then ? and not "unlimited" like you did ?

    which eventually will increase if everybody in this country starts reaching that limit that is

    Quite the opposite. If "everyone" in the country starts reaching that limit, it will be unsustainable with current infrastructure & prices = much more strict usage limits on these plans.

    I mentioned my problem with Jio's advertising viz. they call their plan "Truly Unlimited", when it clearly isn't.

    btw, 10mbps = 3200GB/month @ 100% utilization = not any cheaper @ 4k/month.

    What are you even saying? 10Mbps on a leased line does not have any level of FUP involved in any corporate. And who the hell even takes 10Mbps leased line as it is their starting slab and it gets negotiated with the more bandwidth you assign to your network.

    And given that your “unlimited” point of view which seem to really suck against Jio Fiber. We the users have a plan worth of 199 for 7 days as well which gives 1TB additional of limit on a 100Mbps as a combo plan. Even if you sum it up to 4 weeks it comes to just around Rs.798/mo for 4TB plus it can get added and stacked any time you are running out of the usage.
    Jio Fiber has a very flexible billing system and plans can be stacked and activated upon your own will if you are worried about running out of your very current bandwidth usage.

    Last month I had used around 11gigs worth of download/upload using Jio Fiber.
    Maybe get your facts checked first. I know the word “truly unlimited” sucks for a lot of users as what the hell which web hosting company in the world does not advertise like this and all their plans are always covered by a FUP limit, it is all a part of a sale strategy.

    Edit: *11TB

  • WhoaWhoa Member

    @upal said: What are you even saying? 10Mbps on a leased line does not have any level of FUP involved in any corporate.

    With a 10mbps line you can not get more than 3200GB/month - this is not due to any FUP, this is due to basic algebra.
    (10 * 30 * 24 * 60 * 60) / (8 * 1024)

    One poster mentioned his ACT connection categorically calling out his current 2 TB limit, you recommended Jio fiber instead. But you called it unlimited, omitting a mention of the actual limit that is in place.
    I merely corrected this.

    what the hell

    All statements in my posts have been just facts. What are you so worked up about?
    But I guess getting offended by facts is all the rage these days.

  • seenuseenu Member

    @jsg said:
    Funny, Tata, an indian corporation/group runs some of the major international cables (afiak mostly sub-marine) and is one of the more attractive carriers even in Europe.

    My guess (and really just a guess): indian bureaucracy, infrastructure not up-to-date, plus too many layers trying to make some money.

    If I'd ever be interested in finding an indian colo (very, very unlikely) I'd look around and close by the cable landing points.

    tata do provide in India but their prices are almost same in 2010 and 2021....

    they charge too high and they target corporations than individuals because they know, individuals won't pay such amount anyways.

    Thanked by 1jsg
  • Wide spread corruption in India doesn't allow proper competition among serious business. This leads to possible monopolies and prices are not as good as consumer expect given country cost of living. India is more than capable to lay down some good fiber under the ground.

    OVH in India will be the same or even more expensive than SG.

    Thanked by 1voxin

    #!/Bashblog.net | Free Wordpress Hosting | If you can't idle, what's the point?

  • @LTniger said:
    Wide spread corruption in India doesn't allow proper competition among serious business. This leads to possible monopolies and prices are not as good as consumer expect given country cost of living. India is more than capable to lay down some good fiber under the ground.

    OVH in India will be the same or even more expensive than SG.

    I don't know much about india politics but I guarantee you every country faces the same problems when it comes to internet. It's always an oligarchy when it comes to internet/mobile.

    There could be some factors causing internet to be expensive apart from pure greed. Even in US, there are rural areas still running on DSL or even no internet at all. It's not very worthwhile to run lines to areas with low population density or to areas which are too poor to pay for internet. If it were cheap and trivial to run fibre lines everywhere, frontier wouldn't have gone bankrupt running mostly on dsl and charging people $100+ monthly for few Mbps internet.

Sign In or Register to comment.