Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why VPS for India location are costly ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why VPS for India location are costly ?

I was wondering why the VPS charges are so high for India location when compared with rest of the world.
Especially network bandwidth is so costly there if you go with VPS.
Does anyone know?.
I am looking for a better offer which gives me 1/2TB bandwidth.

Comments

• OBHostOBHost Member, Host Rep

Bandwidth is expensive thats why Pricing for Asian Servers are high..
    Singapore, Pakistan or India - Many Asian Countries servers pricing are high as compare to rest of the world VPS just because of bandwidth...

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

Hosting on an India server means that you would be paying slightly more than you would pay with US hosting.

This is because low bandwidth costs higher, for instance, the cost of broadband and cable is India costs higher as opposed to the US this is partially due to the fact that the infrastructure is expensive in India.

Its still rate to find hosts with true 1 Gbps Uplinks and if they do the Bandwidth is really far far less that you can expect.

Thanked by 2Sanjue007 voxin
  • HostMayoHostMayo Member, Host Rep

I dont even see vps offerings in Pakistan. The infrastructure here is not upto the mark.

• Was just checking Azure pricing, It seems there is almost 60% higher for asia regions
    Asia ---- $0.0875 per GB
    America --- $0.12 per GB

• mhosting_inmhosting_in Member
    edited February 2021

you can choose a server from Singapore or Germany you get a good ping for Indian visitors

@Waqass said:
    I dont even see vps offerings in Pakistan. The infrastructure here is not upto the mark.

OBHost offering VPS Services in Pakistan (Karachi City and Multan City)..

Thanked by 2pike HostMayo
  • check digital digitalocean they provide in multiple locations in India.

• In general internet is expensive in India.

i used to pay Rs.2000 (around $50 that time) in 2010 for 1-2mbps speed,

then beam (now called ACT) started offering 10mbps for Rs. 1000 which is like a dream for many people.

now same company offers me 150mbps speed and 2000GB bw per month for same amount i.e. they keep adding more speed and bw for free.

i pay around $17/m for it....now you compare prices in other countries...

• @seenu said:
    In general internet is expensive in India.

then beam (now called ACT) started offering 10mbps for Rs. 1000 which is like a dream for many people.

now same company offers me 150mbps speed and 2000GB bw per month for same amount i.e. they keep adding more speed and bw for free.

Jio Fiber offers 150Mbps unlimited for $13usd/mo. Plus you get an entire IPv6 range for every separate device connected to your network. Why don't you just make a switch?

• alexgoldalexgold Member, Host Rep

You think India is expansive?
    I got a 1u colocation offer with 100mbps unmetered in Saudia Arabia for just 6799$.

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@alexgold said: I got a 1u colocation offer with 100mbps unmetered in Saudia Arabia for just 6799$.

Seriously???? Is that USD? I want to vomit even looking at that number haha. They must be making bank.

If these are true numbers: https://ksaexpats.com/saudi-arabia-fiber-optic-fixed-line-internet-packages-prices-dec-2018/

You can literally rent out part of a warehouse and multiple 100mbps connections to that for a fraction of the cost. Of course, then you'd need to figure out if they support BGP sessions so you are multi-homed, etc. etc. but $6800 is insane.

• @lentro you seem quite knowledgeable about transit costs and warehouse costs in Saudi arabia

@Unbelievable said:
    @lentro you seem quite knowledgeable about transit costs and warehouse costs in Saudi arabia

Apologies if I seemed a bit arrogant. I'm actually trying to do something v similar in the US to host a bunch of GPUs with immersion cooling (which I haven't found any DC has) in the next few years, so I ported over my assumptions there. Still, $6799 is insane though. That's 100x the cost of a US counterpart (if you know where to look).

• @lentro said: You can literally rent out part of a warehouse and multiple 100mbps connections to that for a fraction of the cost. Of course, then you'd need to figure out if they support BGP sessions so you are multi-homed, etc. etc. but $6800 is insane.

haha no not without a licence issued by government for censored telecommunications service licence or you will be "removed " :)

@Jio said: not without a licence issued by government

Gotcha. Interesting. Thanks!

Reminds me of this:

• If you compare India with Europe and US, then yes, they have highly developed networking conditions
    However it’s not the case when it comes to other parts of the world.

• It's not expensive if you consider what you get for $5 at Linode Mumbai

• @alexgold said:
    You think India is expansive?
    I got a 1u colocation offer with 100mbps unmetered in Saudia Arabia for just 6799$.

with that pay, you buy too many racks in india.

Bandwidth is cheapest in Europe and US thats why servers are affordable there.
    Asia pricing for bandwidth is high if compare with Europe and US.. & MENA region has alot of internet policies thats why servers are too expensive in MENA region..

• mhosting_inmhosting_in Member
    edited February 2021

but some provider provide VPS at a good price in India and Asia region.

• @upal said:

@seenu said:

Jio Fiber offers 150Mbps unlimited for $13usd/mo. Plus you get an entire IPv6 range for every separate device connected to your network. Why don't you just make a switch?

Not available in our colony yet and looks like they reduced prices a lot these days.

• @upal said:

@seenu said:

Too bad the IPv6 addresses aren't static. Rather, the default gateway IP also changes, so dunno if this is useful at all.

I'm unable to setup the Cloudflare DDNS service for my dynamic IPv6, if anyone has experience with that, please let me know. :)

• @kwaralala said: Too bad the IPv6 addresses aren't static. Rather, the default gateway IP also changes, so dunno if this is useful at all.

Did you try asking for static ip? some providers like ACT offer at Rs.300/m.

and in general (my observation) if you don't reboot/turnoff router...you will be having same ip for many days/months.

• kwaralalakwaralala Member
    edited February 2021

@seenu said:

@kwaralala said: Too bad the IPv6 addresses aren't static. Rather, the default gateway IP also changes, so dunno if this is useful at all.

Did you try asking for static ip? some providers like ACT offer at Rs.300/m.

and in general (my observation) if you don't reboot/turnoff router...you will be having same ip for many days/months.

I did, they said no for that. However, the internet has been quite stable for me.
    TataSky broadband offers free static IPv6, which I used for 2+ years. However, the router/ONT combo they provided was VERY BAD, and it used to drop the wireless connection every 30 mins.

I had signed up for the free 1 month trial with Jio in November last year just for kicks, and ended up staying with them.

Airtel does provide a static IPv4 for 99+GST.

Edit: Yes, the IP stays same for 2-3 days maybe, but not really reliable since I stay out of town a lot, and can't change IP address settings remotely.

• Ohhhh... in my case, i don't restart my router for days and i observed my ip stays same even after short reboots. YMMV

• HostMayoHostMayo Member, Host Rep

@OBHost said: OBHost offering VPS Services in Pakistan (Karachi City and Multan City)..

You are pure gold.

@Waqass said:

@OBHost said: OBHost offering VPS Services in Pakistan (Karachi City and Multan City)..

You are pure gold.

24 Karat gold (100% Pure)

• Can we use Jio Fiber for Web hosting purpose?. How to get a static IP address ?.

• @voxin said:
    Can we use Jio Fiber for Web hosting purpose?. How to get a static IP address ?.

for static just use netlify/vercel or new CF pages (beta)

• @voxin said:
    Can we use Jio Fiber for Web hosting purpose?. How to get a static IP address ?.

contact them directly for static.