Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M - Page 78
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M

Comments

• @sam23 said:

@TheWizard said: You're joking right? How many brothers/sisters/aunts/uncles/nephews all crammed in same wifi coverage area is that??

Use computer and mobile phone, the sametime.

So that's probably "just" 3 of you, both using 1 account on mobile and 2 accounts on computer (or are you using multiple browsers in addition to private mode?), summing up to ~9 accounts (i.e. "no more than about ten accounts")...

I'm sorry but unless you're somehow making money off these accounts (which is against TOS if you're transferring them w/o involving Virmach's official channels), that seems a bit hard to believe... If I were you I wouldn't have announced myself here like this, and send a couple of the "family members" to rest, hoping Virmach won't catch up on you...

• @sam23 said:
    blah blah 10 family members are my bots blah blah

This sounds like a drug dealer trying to tell the police he only wanted to get some medicine for his sick child. :smiley:

• @ZA_capetown said: This sounds like a drug dealer trying to tell the police he only wanted to get some medicine for his sick child. :smiley:

Officer, sir, that's my 4 year old's 5 year supply, that's why it's so much!

• EdmondEdmond Member
    edited December 2020

@xddxdd said:
    @VirMach please offer that $1/yr 64MB server again, I literally want to buy it.

@Virmach I honestly really would like to get this as well... I can come up with a few things I'd like to do with it already. Are you sure this plan was made for a bot???...

Does that mean I'm a bot? Maybe this is a bot posting. Who knows...

• @sanvit said:

@scruel said:

@VirMach said:
    We have someone on the team who's good with running data through artificial intelligence. We'll probably code something that takes the entire webserver log, all the IPs, user creation patterns and such and outputs something useful.

Most of these bots will be caught.

Last year we were lax with it because some of it may have happened before people realized the severity.

This year, no tolerance.

I noticed that the script boys whom you are cracking down now, have already sold their accounts out which bought by the bot, then they will change their environment to the another new one(IP, browser, information, email, etc.), so the accounts you are preparing for manful reviewing and shutting down, will just be a problem for the guys who bought such account from those script guy, but they will have no effects at all, because they've gotten the money to their pocket...

IMO buyers are also the problem. If there're no buyers, there won't be script kiddies after all, and if all buyers eventually gets banned, there won't be those who buy the account anymore, which means there won't be any incentives for the sellers too.

Agree, but still, it's not easy to decide how to deal with those script guys and accounts made by them.

• randomqrandomq Member
    edited December 2020

@ZA_capetown said:
    Ok. That $1 one was sold out in 3 seconds I think. :-O

(wasn't lucky enough to get one)

ps: HAHA @ 20TB bandwidth and 12vCore with only 64MB RAM and 1GB ssd :smiley:

pps: OOPS! I only caught up with this thread now and only realise now I wasn't supposed to have clicked / tried to buy that one, lol :blush:

I saw that after the fact (it's 3am here and my dogs woke me up) but kinda wondered if I could boot linux in 64M still. I like these weird deals, lucky I was asleep :)

Thanked by 1ZA_capetown
  • @TheWizard said: So that's probably "just" 3 of you, both using 1 account on mobile and 2 accounts

I feel okay now, since human behavior is much far away from bots, because bots are very fast at every nice deal, working all the time. Bots can have hundreds of accounts in a short time.
    Also, the accounts sold will have different logging ips. These are all different with my accounts. I also decided to use only one sub-account to manage the vps.

Hope @VirMach can notice the quit different behavior of bots and human, instead of focusing on ips and accounts.

• @ZA_capetown said:

@sam23 said:
    blah blah 10 family members are my bots blah blah

This sounds like a drug dealer trying to tell the police he only wanted to get some medicine for his sick child. :smiley:

:'(

• @scruel said: Agree, but still, it's not easy to decide how to deal with those script guys and accounts made by them.

Very easy. Breaking the rules / ToS = goodbye

• @randomq said:

@ZA_capetown said:
    Ok. That $1 one was sold out in 3 seconds I think. :-O

(wasn't lucky enough to get one)

ps: HAHA @ 20TB bandwidth and 12vCore with only 64MB RAM and 1GB ssd :smiley:

pps: OOPS! I only caught up with this thread now and only realise now I wasn't supposed to have clicked / tried to buy that one, lol :blush:

I saw that after the fact (it's 3am here and my dogs woke me up) but kinda wondered if I could boot linux in 64M still. I like these weird deals, lucky I was asleep :)

I think Virmach defaults the swap for KVM to be equivalent to the RAM size, so it'll be working with 128MB (including the 64MB swap). My guess is it'll boot... just barely...

• randomqrandomq Member
    edited December 2020

@samm said:
    okay bought $1 for openvpn. I hope 16MB ram is enough just for private use of one user.

32 bit Alpine Linux needs 128M according to their website, so good luck! Maybe openwrt or slackware?

• TomBGTomBG Member
    edited December 2020

Best solution - make all the super sweet deals - store credit only.
    That way there will be no no-pay accounts.

• Less junk in the DB from abandoned accounts.
    • Less tickets caused by timed-out gateways.

If you are not a retard - VOTE YES
    https://strawpoll.com/jq7ee3v6z/

• The fact that, if you get the 1$ deal in second and you don't have any other services you are most likely a bot with 1% error rates.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Other than the crummy "IPv6 address 0", the $999 deal is very nice.

• TomBGTomBG Member
    edited December 2020

@yoursunny said:

Don't forget to hide the IP.

• UnicomUnicom Member
    edited December 2020

Bots took a $ 4.57 / yr box from my cart when I paid for it. Haha. Saved 5 bucks

• @yoursunny said:

Rocky Linux 1.0-alpha?

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • did u really bought it? the $999? @yoursunny

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • Hello,my server is always offline since i ordered it.Reinstalling doesn't work.I have open a ticket #770621.

• TomBGTomBG Member
    edited December 2020

@Unicom said:
    Bots took a $ 4.57 / yr box from my cart when I paid for it. Haha. Saved 5 bucks

I solved 6-7-8 hcapthas to see an empty cart :) CloudFlare makes a ton of money...

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited December 2020

@TomBG said: Don't forget to hide the IP.

That IP address is www.COLOCROSSING.COM

• @VirMach Node: LAKVM4 has been offline for 3 days, why not repair it? Will it affect the reputation of VIRMACH if it is not repaired for a long time?

• I got captcha'd on the $4.57 deal and ended up being too slow / empty cart.

Now I'm worried that the $1 - 64MB thing that I tried to get (without success) did affect me negatively... I never got captcha'd recently for the other deals I bought. 😮

takes a deeeeeep breath

I'm not a bot.... I think... :neutral:

• @TomBG said:

@Unicom said:

I solved 6-7-8 hcapthas to see an empty cart :) CloudFlare makes a ton of money...

I done all captchas too and box was in my cart. I pressed Pay with PayPal and had seen empty cart.
    No problem. $5 I will spend for something else

• @ZA_capetown said:
    I got captcha'd on the $4.57 deal and ended up being too slow / empty cart.

Now I'm worried that the $1 - 64MB thing that I tried to get (without success) did affect me negatively... I never got captcha'd recently for the other deals I bought. 😮

takes a deeeeeep breath

I'm not a bot.... I think... :neutral:

not only you. same here :s

• ariq01ariq01 Member
    edited December 2020

Thx virmach i got the lovely $5 768mb :love:

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • Now I see that captchas are shown only to people. After solving the captcha, the One more step page freezes.

• @Edmond said:

@xddxdd said:
    @VirMach please offer that $1/yr 64MB server again, I literally want to buy it.

@Virmach I honestly really would like to get this as well... I can come up with a few things I'd like to do with it already. Are you sure this plan was made for a bot???...

Does that mean I'm a bot? Maybe this is a bot posting. Who knows...

I plan to fire up buildroot and create a tiny Linux image with a stripped down kernel and a few proxy software. Even the 16MB one should work, if I can get the disk image onto it.

Thanked by 1Edmond
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited December 2020

@TomBG said:
    Don't forget to hide the IP.

IP addresses and telephone numbers are public information. You can see my telephone number on my website.

@FrankZ said:
    That IP address is www.COLOCROSSING.COM

I set a 301 redirect.

@ucenter said:
    Rocky Linux 1.0-alpha?

Yes I installed from netboot.

@ariq01 said:
    did u really bought it? the $999? @yoursunny

YABS for proof.

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2020-12-07                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Sun Dec 13 13:42:01 UTC 2020

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6240 CPU @ 2.60GHz
    CPU cores  : 20 @ 1000.618 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 125.8 GiB
    Swap       : 8.0 GiB
    Disk       : 1829.7 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 343.45 MB/s  (85.8k) | 217.13 MB/s   (3.3k)
    Write      | 344.36 MB/s  (86.0k) | 218.27 MB/s   (3.4k)
    Total      | 687.81 MB/s (171.9k) | 435.40 MB/s   (6.8k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 585.52 MB/s   (1.1k) | 734.55 MB/s    (717)
    Write      | 616.63 MB/s   (1.2k) | 783.47 MB/s    (765)
    Total      | 1.20 GB/s     (2.3k) | 1.51 GB/s     (1.4k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 1.45 Gbits/sec  | 770 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 1.59 Gbits/sec  | 764 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 3.26 Gbits/sec  | 2.32 Gbits/sec 

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 1037                          
    Multi Core      | 21923                         
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/5311057