Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M - Page 77
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M

Comments

• Can we pls have no brainers tomorrow. I might go now. Thanks

Or can we get no brainers every hour

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@ZA_capetown said:

For $1 I might actually normally consider it and try to buy that for the hell of it. :smiley:

Edit: Ok actually no, I think 64MB I would kinda do, 16MB probably not... that is reasonably low... :blush:

"Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the trolls such as Windows 98, Vim, and push-ups".

16MB is more than enough.

@samm said:
    okay bought $1 for openvpn. I hope 16MB ram is enough just for private use of one user.

Not enough for OpenVPN, but you can use ssh -D SOCKS5 proxy (TCP only), or VXLAN + NAT (client must have public IP).

@vert said:
    you can defeat bots, just put Special Offers data on the picture , without json .

It must come with audio or it's a violation of American with Disabilities Act.

$999/yr
    KVM - Order this if you are a bot
    131072MB RAM
    20 vCORE
    2000GB SSD (RAID 10)
    1000GB BANDWIDTH
    LOS ANGELES, CA LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

If someone orders and pays for this one, they basically get a dedicated hypervisor?

• @VirMach said:

@dTQzBen8 said: That will not work. They will just throw this account away and create another.

It'll work to some degree. A lot of these people are sloppy in how they do things and we have every little action ever logged. We know who went where, how they went there, how many times they loaded each page, how many accounts there are per IP, how many accounts exist that are clearly throwaway accounts and so on.

Don't worry we have up to 12 months to make sure we deal with every single person that broke the terms.

You can record some new accounts. They usually buy only one machine, and the discount is very big.

• @elliotc said:

@pachiaka said:

@VirMach said:

@Qys said: These troll offer address the symptoms, not the cause. Bots will also improve the algorithm after trolls. They can set a minimum value of bandwidth, disk or ram. Why not restrict the number of purchases per IP can make?

They'll just switch IPs. We're collecting data for now.

and record User-Agent , Cookies, Language, etc

Do not forget the mail domain :)

Bot only use the public email service, Because virmach prohibit email change.Domain email is not good for sales.

• @elliotc said:

@pachiaka said:

@VirMach said:

@Qys said: These troll offer address the symptoms, not the cause. Bots will also improve the algorithm after trolls. They can set a minimum value of bandwidth, disk or ram. Why not restrict the number of purchases per IP can make?

Yes !

• Can we get the 35/yr KVM for 3.5/yr :D

• @vert said:
    you can defeat bots, just put Special Offers data on the picture , without json .

That's a good idea. But I'm sure somebody will just OCR it then it become another type of captcha.

@elliotc said:

@pachiaka said:

@VirMach said:

Not a good idea because you can't distinguish normal user and abuser by just looking at mail domain.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

We have someone on the team who's good with running data through artificial intelligence. We'll probably code something that takes the entire webserver log, all the IPs, user creation patterns and such and outputs something useful.

Most of these bots will be caught.

Last year we were lax with it because some of it may have happened before people realized the severity.

This year, no tolerance.

@dTQzBen8 said: Not a good idea because you can't distinguish normal user and abuser by just looking at mail domain.

It'll be a lot of combinations.

If you only have one thing that's bad then no action. Once you start doing multiple things then we can quickly zero in on you.

"Never break two laws at once."

• @Virmach all those New York servers you are migrating... what will the new hardware be?

• I've missed so many bot deals... that 1$ 16 MB RAM was looking juicy and would fit my collectors edition 10$ VPS!
    Someone reselling?

• @JabJab said:
    I've missed so many bot deals... that 1$ 16 MB RAM was looking juicy and would fit my collectors edition 10$ VPS!
    Someone reselling?

I still remembering last year's $1 deal and it's unusable.

• @dTQzBen8 said:
    Not a good idea because you can't distinguish normal user and abuser by just looking at mail domain.

You are not only have mail domains. You have other information.

1. Flag mail domains that used by conformed bots.
    2. Filter by mail domains.

If it's using Gmail etc., then forget it, but it's more likely they are using niche mail provider.

• @VirMach said: And it got us a lot of valuable data. Everyone who didn't pay for it is getting all their accounts blacklisted basically.

I'm done with your flash deal. My personal information didn't show up after I click "Checkout". And I can't generate invoice after I click "Complete Order" but only get "Oops". I tried twice and got no luck.

Maybe your server can only handle the bandwidth of "not-so-good" deal. I will disable the notification permission.

Congration to all the people who can get their wanted deal. I just give up and won't waste my time.

• @VirMach said: It'll be a lot of combinations.

If you only have one thing that's bad then no action. Once you start doing multiple things then we can quickly zero in on you.

"Never break two laws at once."

Then can I continue to ask my family to buy the sale for me at the same time?
    This will make the accounts with the same ip, but no more than about ten accounts. But absolutely by hand, no frequent refresh.
    The problem is I can only see "There is either no sale running or we’re facing technical difficulties that will be shortly resolved. Thanks." instead of the offers.

• @JoeMerit said:
    @Virmach all those New York servers you are migrating... what will the new hardware be?

NY or NYC?

• Renewed 2019 BF
    1CPU/100MB/1GB SSD/1GB BW /BUFFALO, NY/

$1/Year

:#

• I am still wondering when my service which was ordered an entire week ago will be delivered.

It was ordered and successfully paid on 12/06. However, in a period of an ENTIRE week, your staff did not respond, even a single word.

A response like "We are still investigating and the estimate will be..." will be much better than a total silence.

Please put an eye on ticket #101446.

@VirMach

• MS said:

@JoeMerit said:
    @Virmach all those New York servers you are migrating... what will the new hardware be?

NY or NYC?

Its all Buffalo servers

Thanked by 1_MS_
  • scruelscruel Member
    edited December 2020

@VirMach said:
    We have someone on the team who's good with running data through artificial intelligence. We'll probably code something that takes the entire webserver log, all the IPs, user creation patterns and such and outputs something useful.

Last year we were lax with it because some of it may have happened before people realized the severity.

This year, no tolerance.

I noticed that the script boys whom you are cracking down now, have already sold their accounts out which bought buy the bot, then they will change their environment to the another new one(IP, browser, information, email, etc.), so the accounts you are preparing for manful reviewing and shutting down, will just be a problem for the guys who bought such account from those script guys, but the buys who truly violent your rules will have no effects at all, because they've gotten the money to their pocket...

• @sam23 said: but no more than about ten accounts.

You're joking right? How many brothers/sisters/aunts/uncles/nephews all crammed in same wifi coverage area is that??

Thanked by 1ZA_capetown
  • @scruel said:

@VirMach said:

This year, no tolerance.

I noticed that the script boys whom you are cracking down now, have already sold their accounts out which bought by the bot, then they will change their environment to the another new one(IP, browser, information, email, etc.), so the accounts you are preparing for manful reviewing and shutting down, will just be a problem for the guys who bought such account from those script guy, but they will have no effects at all, because they've gotten the money to their pocket...

IMO buyers are also the problem. If there're no buyers, there won't be script kiddies after all, and if all buyers eventually gets banned, there won't be those who buy the account anymore, which means there won't be any incentives for the sellers too.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @TheWizard said: You're joking right? How many brothers/sisters/aunts/uncles/nephews all crammed in same wifi coverage area is that??

Use computer and mobile phone, the sametime.

• @FAT32 said:
    I nearly bought it... luckily my mind is clear enough that I don't need any idling machine anymore...

$12/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    5120MB RAM
    1 vCORE
    10GB SSD (RAID 10)
    5000GB BANDWIDTH
    BUFFALO, NY LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

Unless it is 4 times cheaper

I nearly cancle it before i releaze it is an joke. But my network is so fast this time. And i got two invoice finally.

@scruel said:

@VirMach said:

This year, no tolerance.

I noticed that the script boys whom you are cracking down now, have already sold their accounts out which bought buy the bot, then they will change their environment to the another new one(IP, browser, information, email, etc.), so the accounts you are preparing for manful reviewing and shutting down, will just be a problem for the guys who bought such account from those script guys, but the buys who truly violent your rules will have no effects at all, because they've gotten the money to their pocket...

Really sucks for those guys who also broke our terms of service and account shared/bought an account from someone other than us.

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@sam23 said:

@TheWizard said: You're joking right? How many brothers/sisters/aunts/uncles/nephews all crammed in same wifi coverage area is that??

Place all orders over cellular.

If server accepts IPv6: redial LTE after each order to change IP.

If server wants IPv4: thousands of devices are sharing the same carrier IP and you can't block that.

• @VirMach said: This year, no tolerance.

Thanked by 1randomq
  • @yoursunny said:

@sam23 said:

@TheWizard said: You're joking right? How many brothers/sisters/aunts/uncles/nephews all crammed in same wifi coverage area is that??

Place all orders over cellular.

If server accepts IPv6: redial LTE after each order to change IP.

If server wants IPv4: thousands of devices are sharing the same carrier IP and you can't block that.

Thank you. Then I can try like this.

• Sure he can block a whole mobile network of scammers

• I am a newly registered user, but I forgot the verification mailing address. How can I receive the verification email again?