Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA: A bunch of LEB hosts deadpooling ArkaHosting, SupremeVPS, UMaxHosting, Hosting73, HostBRZ, Ku - Page 13
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PSA: A bunch of LEB hosts deadpooling ArkaHosting, SupremeVPS, UMaxHosting, Hosting73, HostBRZ, Ku

Comments

• @Falzo said:

@2Neutron said:

you're late to the party...

monday is here. brace yourselves for incoming 'why is my VPS down' threads...

Yeah I just read the email about 1 1/2 hour ago. I just finished my back up...
    SparkVPS It came due on Dec 26th. It was fast and stable 6cpu/6G/80G ssd $69/yr

Have ssdnodes server to migrate over to.

• I did some digging on all companies mentioned. I checked the hosting, ASN, registrar, whois, cms and stuff like contact info etc.

From this list, the companies that seem as exception and not related to the rest are hostflyte.com, stockservers.com, virmach.com, umaxhosting.com, losangelesvps.com. And the last two look like they are closely related to each other.

Here is the data if someone is curious https://hostingchecker.com/more-than-20-vps-companies-closing-on-monday-are-they-connected/

Although, only 1 is hosted on Colo. For the rest, there is a pattern, but if GoDaddy does not reveal who the real owner is, we can't be 100% sure they all are within the same entity or who that is.

From the data tho, my strong hunch is most are related and operated from the same place.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • @GeorgeGhc said:
    I did some digging on all companies mentioned. I checked the hosting, ASN, registrar, whois, cms and stuff like contact info etc.

From this list, the companies that seem as exception and not related to the rest are hostflyte.com, stockservers.com, virmach.com, umaxhosting.com, losangelesvps.com. And the last two look like they are closely related to each other.

Here is the data if someone is curious https://hostingchecker.com/more-than-20-vps-companies-closing-on-monday-are-they-connected/

Although, only 1 is hosted on Colo. For the rest, there is a pattern, but if GoDaddy does not reveal who the real owner is, we can't be 100% sure they all are within the same entity or who that is.

From the data tho, my strong hunch is most are related and operated from the same place.

@GeorgeGhc said:
    I did some digging on all companies mentioned. I checked the hosting, ASN, registrar, whois, cms and stuff like contact info etc.

Let me help...

SparkVPS
    3720 S Susan St.
    Santa Ana, CA 92704

Regards,

Dylan Coleman - COO
    https://www.sparkvps.com/

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2019

Attention

Final list:

UMaxHosting.com
    SupremeVPS.com
    HostBRZ.com
    SparkVPS.com
    BigFootServers.com
    SolvedByData.com
    N3Servers.com
    MegaZoneHosting.com
    KudoHosting.com
    HostedSimply.com
    WelcomeHosting.com
    KayHosting.com
    Hosting73.com
    UpbeatHosting.com
    LQHosting.com
    SnowVPS.com
    DCNHost.com
    StrongHosting.com
    ArkaHosting.com
    ServerStrong.com
    X4Servers.com
    TCNHosting.com
    SuperbVPS.com
    VPSFortune.com
    MyHostingSrv.com

Compliments of @solaire:

Francisco

Thanked by 3pepa65 uptime Edmond
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@Francisco said:
    Attention

Final list:

UMaxHosting.com
    SupremeVPS.com
    HostBRZ.com
    SparkVPS.com
    BigFootServers.com
    SolvedByData.com
    N3Servers.com
    MegaZoneHosting.com
    KudoHosting.com
    HostedSimply.com
    WelcomeHosting.com
    KayHosting.com
    Hosting73.com
    UpbeatHosting.com
    LQHosting.com
    SnowVPS.com
    DCNHost.com
    StrongHosting.com
    ArkaHosting.com
    ServerStrong.com
    X4Servers.com
    TCNHosting.com
    SuperbVPS.com
    VPSFortune.com
    MyHostingSrv.com

Compliments of @solaire:

Francisco

Thanks, I've updated OP.

• Haven't they all had blackfriday deals on LEB?
    Nice method to cash in some money on the yearly plans and then disappear.
    Most of there client might don't know how bad they actually are and just want to get the "best" BF deals.
    I hope they all disappear, so that reputed hosts offering good prices like @cociu @servarica_hani will get some more clients.

But however I would not have expected that they write any email in advance that they will close there doors. I hope you guys don't loose any data.

• anonym_user said: Haven't they all had blackfriday deals on LEB?

Most of there client might don't know how bad they actually are and just want to get the "best" BF deals.
    I hope they all disappear, so that reputed hosts offering good prices like @cociu @servarica_hani will get some more clients.

But however I would not have expected that they write any email in advance that they will close there doors. I hope you guys don't loose any data.

Will appear new brands like always , a domain name is cheap these days ...

Thanked by 1anonym_user
  • Francisco said: We have enough years under our belts that people can signup with us, pay annually, and sleep well at night knowing that we'll still be around in the morning.

:+1:

• Did SparkVPS also use the same faceless "imminent shutdown" email notification on behalf of "Management"?

• @cociu said:

anonym_user said: Haven't they all had blackfriday deals on LEB?

Will appear new brands like always , a domain name is cheap these days ...

That's why there's must be an anti-scam firewall to only buy from allowed reputable hosts: The LEBRE Whitelist

• solairesolaire Member
    edited December 2019

Cheers @Francisco for posting the updated list.

As posted on HostBalls / LowEndSpirit just now, all sites are using the same Google Analytics ID and as a result have references to each other in the source of the webpage. The author who wrote the ZDNet news article has been notified.

gtag('config', 'UA-129769654-2');
      gtag('config', 'GA_MEASUREMENT_ID_2', {
        'linker': {
          'domains': ['UMaxHosting.com', 'SupremeVPS.com', 'HostBRZ.com', 'SparkVPS.com', 'BigFootServers.com', 'SolvedByData.com', 'N3Servers.com', 'MegaZoneHosting.com', 'KudoHosting.com', 'HostedSimply.com', 'WelcomeHosting.com', 'KayHosting.com', 'Hosting73.com', 'UpbeatHosting.com', 'LQHosting.com', 'SnowVPS.com', 'DCNHost.com', 'StrongHosting.com', 'ArkaHosting.com', 'ServerStrong.com', 'X4Servers.com', 'TCNHosting.com', 'SuperbVPS.com', 'VPSFortune.com', 'MyHostingSrv.com']
        }
      });

• tgltgl Member
    edited December 2019

the noose is tightening

• @Jord said:

Thanks, I've updated OP.

its actually stronghosting.net not .com you might have to correct that since .com is up for sale

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • @solaire said:
    Cheers @Francisco for posting the updated list.

As posted on HostBalls / LowEndSpirit just now, all sites are using the same Google Analytics ID and as a result have references to each other in the source of the webpage. The author who wrote the ZDNet news article has been notified.

gtag('config', 'UA-129769654-2');
      gtag('config', 'GA_MEASUREMENT_ID_2', {
        'linker': {
          'domains': ['UMaxHosting.com', 'SupremeVPS.com', 'HostBRZ.com', 'SparkVPS.com', 'BigFootServers.com', 'SolvedByData.com', 'N3Servers.com', 'MegaZoneHosting.com', 'KudoHosting.com', 'HostedSimply.com', 'WelcomeHosting.com', 'KayHosting.com', 'Hosting73.com', 'UpbeatHosting.com', 'LQHosting.com', 'SnowVPS.com', 'DCNHost.com', 'StrongHosting.com', 'ArkaHosting.com', 'ServerStrong.com', 'X4Servers.com', 'TCNHosting.com', 'SuperbVPS.com', 'VPSFortune.com', 'MyHostingSrv.com']
        }
      });

Jesus, how did we miss this? Haha nice find! If that's not a smoking gun nothing is imo.

Thanked by 1pepa65

@webclouddev said:

@Jord said:

Thanks, I've updated OP.

its actually stronghosting.net not .com you might have to correct that since .com is up for sale

Thanks, sir, I just copied it but didn't check. All updated.

• pepa65pepa65 Member
    edited December 2019

dahartigan said: Be honest, how many of you didn't have backups already?

I actually just completed the migration of a simple site to Hostmantis from Stronghosting.net, because it was too often down.

Thanked by 2dahartigan poisson
  • I got hit by WelcomeHosting and KayHosting. Thankfully I'd just gotten invoices for both. Guess I walk away clean. Fun scramble to back up hosts though.

• I never really trusted those hosts, but they were a great place to run things that I wouldn't want to run on a provider I respect, for example heavy Plex companion apps, running scraping/youtube-dl jobs, testing things, etc

The problem for me was finding somewhere to put those that isn't on another shit-host.

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

dahartigan said: I never really trusted those hosts, but they were a great place to run things that I wouldn't want to run on a provider I respect

The downside to this is everyone else who takes that attitude ends up funding them

• @Mr_Tom said:

dahartigan said: I never really trusted those hosts, but they were a great place to run things that I wouldn't want to run on a provider I respect

The downside to this is everyone else who takes that attitude ends up funding them

Funding a shit host vs being naughty on a good host

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2019

yeah ... so I just heard a scurrilous rumour ... that the nefarious henchman of the lowend spirit talk cabal has hereby announced a $100 prize for conclusive proof linked to an identifiable person "responsible" for this alleged scammery

Thanked by 2pepa65 anonym_user
  • @slothx said:
    I got hit by WelcomeHosting and KayHosting. Thankfully I'd just gotten invoices for both. Guess I walk away clean. Fun scramble to back up hosts though.

Check my whitelist for hosts that are unlikely to deadpool. Newly updated.

Thanked by 2pepa65 Jord
  • @TimboJones said:

@JerryHou said:
    Hard to go over all posts, can someone tell me why....

Question parsing processing begins after the question mark. There's no parsing module for trailing off...

After reading over 3 pages, I think I got it...

• uptime said: nefarious henchman of the lowend spirit talk cabal has hereby announced a $100 prize for conclusive proof linked to an identifiable person "responsible" for this alleged scammery

Rumour, hence no link??

• poisson said: Check my whitelist for hosts that are unlikely to deadpool. Newly updated.

Hostmantis any good??

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

dahartigan said: Funding a shit host vs being naughty on a good host

True - but money in their pockets is bad enough. "It's only cheap" is great, if they go bust it's not a big loss as a cusomer with 1 cheap service, but you get a large enough number of people who do the same and you've got quick money lol.

I'm not trying to make out you're in the wrong, I'd probably be tempted to risk a shit host myself if I needed to do something dodgy, my point was just that everyone who knows these are shit hosts, is still funding them lol (unless you can chargeback, in which case it's win-win surely).

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @pepa65 said:

poisson said: Check my whitelist for hosts that are unlikely to deadpool. Newly updated.

Hostmantis any good??

Yes and no. They were good, until they suddenly increased prices dramatically. I wouldn't recommend them if you want my opinion.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • @pepa65 said:

uptime said: nefarious henchman of the lowend spirit talk cabal has hereby announced a $100 prize for conclusive proof linked to an identifiable person "responsible" for this alleged scammery

Rumour, hence no link??

yar, sorry boss - here ya go: link

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • @dahartigan said:

@pepa65 said:

poisson said: Check my whitelist for hosts that are unlikely to deadpool. Newly updated.

Hostmantis any good??

Yes and no. They were good, until they suddenly increased prices dramatically. I wouldn't recommend them if you want my opinion.

The evidence is not clear enough in their favour. I'll be monitoring, though.

Thanked by 2pepa65 dahartigan
    edited December 2019

@poisson said:

@slothx said:
    I got hit by WelcomeHosting and KayHosting. Thankfully I'd just gotten invoices for both. Guess I walk away clean. Fun scramble to back up hosts though.

Check my whitelist for hosts that are unlikely to deadpool. Newly updated.

I never said thank you for adding us to your whitelist, so thank you :heart:

Thanked by 1dahartigan