Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA: A bunch of LEB hosts deadpooling ArkaHosting, SupremeVPS, UMaxHosting, Hosting73, HostBRZ, Ku - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PSA: A bunch of LEB hosts deadpooling ArkaHosting, SupremeVPS, UMaxHosting, Hosting73, HostBRZ, Ku

Comments

• I didn't get an email from SolvedByData, so thanks to whoever posted it here.

So that's all five LEB hosts I was using deadpooling then, nice

Thanked by 1Sova
  • @whiterabbit said:
    I didn't get an email from SolvedByData, so thanks to whoever posted it here.

Or one host under five names.

• @donli said:

@whiterabbit said:
    I didn't get an email from SolvedByData, so thanks to whoever posted it here.

Or one host under five names.

Personality disorder.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • pepa65pepa65 Member
    edited December 2019

Apart from the 'allowing 3 days to back up', there are some similarities with AlphaRacks deadpooling. I asked about a partial refund, and got this from support:

We are still working out the details. In about 2 weeks well know exactly what direction on that. Thanks for your patience.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

2 weeks to completely erase trace.

2 weeks my balls.

• @pepa65 said:
    Apart from the 'allowing 3 days to back up', there are some similarities with AlphaRacks deadpooling. I asked about a partial refund, and got this from support:

We are still working out the details. In about 2 weeks well know exactly what direction on that. Thanks for your patience.

Give us 2 weeks for payments to clear so we can get all our money out.

• @donli said:
    WHT seems more a paid advertising form than a discussion one.

Its paid ads are in most cases clearly visible (color-coded, pinned etc). All in all, WHT is good to look for industry/outage notices, and for general discussions as well.

I am on WHT since 2002, and I don't think it deteriorated significantly since then.

• @seriesn said:
    Personality disorder.

"Multiple virtual brands disorder" ?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Master_Bo said: I am on WHT since 2002, and I don't think it deteriorated significantly since then.

The owners of WHT also don't openly run scam operations and have one of their top administrators stealing credit cards.

But, semantics I guess.

Francisco

• @Daniel15 said:

HostedSimply

Interesting.. I have a couple vps with hostedsimply and didn't get any email from them
    but I sure did for another vps on welcomehosting... In the case of the hostedsimply vps, it's my experiemental vps and if it went away tommorrow, I'd really not care a lot, however the vps on welcomehosting was my families nextcloud host. Fortunantly, I have good backups and the short outage while I find another host is not a big deal..

DaveInLV said: Interesting.. I have a couple vps with hostedsimply and didn't get any email from them

but I sure did for another vps on welcomehosting... In the case of the hostedsimply vps, it's my experiemental vps and if it went away tommorrow, I'd really not care a lot, however the vps on welcomehosting was my families nextcloud host. Fortunantly, I have good backups and the short outage while I find another host is not a big deal..

How about a VPS + a slab in Vegas? ;)

Francisco

Thanked by 1Shoaib_A
  • seriesnseriesn Member
    edited December 2019

@DaveInLV said:

@Daniel15 said:

HostedSimply

Interesting.. I have a couple vps with hostedsimply and didn't get any email from them

Boss,
    Can I interest you in a refugee relief package?

• @Francisco said:

Master_Bo said: I am on WHT since 2002, and I don't think it deteriorated significantly since then.

The owners of WHT also don't openly run scam operations and have one of their top administrators stealing credit cards.

They are also good at handling the community. I have had personal experience communicating with mods/owners there, so I assume WHT is still adequate.

Thanked by 1seriesn

Master_Bo said: They are also good at handling the community. I have had personal experience communicating with mods/owners there, so I assume WHT is still adequate.

Yep anonemouse and co are good people to work with. I've had long talks with them about problem users.

Francisco

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited December 2019

I had been on WHT since 1998 when it was run on UBB (now defunct).

It's dead. Can't believe they still run VB4. I know it was heavily modified but come on.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited December 2019

Master_Bo said: They are also good at handling the community.

That is one thing I enjoyed on WHT, when I used to use it more often. The community was mostly pretty friendly.

ZechsArmyYT said: ey Francisco. I am interested in a link in your signature. Is buyvm a company you work for?

Highly recommended - I've been using BuyVM since March 2012. I posted a review after using them for 7 years, if you're interested: https://hostballs.com/t/buyvm-7-year-review/1919

• Francisco said: have one of their top administrators stealing credit cards.

??? tell me more

deank said: It's dead. Can't believe they still run VB4. I know it was heavily modified but come on.

I don't see the slightest thing that requires heavy modification, what on earth requires that for their forum?

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited December 2019

I mean.... without intent to offend anyone. ... Whoever bought hosting from these trash ass companies with random names (deadpooling quality names) that are unknown and might be ran by children, deserves what's coming / loss of data.

Only use known and proven providers. 1 Year running ain't enough. Buy from providers that have been at least 3 years in the market with a solid run.

If you decide to buy cheap shit from crap trash, then don't use it for anything serious and... consider your money lost from the beginning. If you buy shit to idle, then you got your money worth anyways.

Thanked by 1GeorgeGhc
  • @Hxxx said:
    I mean.... without intent to offend anyone. ... Whoever bought hosting from these trash ass companies with random names (deadpooling quality names) that are unknown and might be ran by children, deserves what's coming / loss of data.

Only use known and proven providers. 1 Year running ain't enough. Buy from providers that have been at least 3 years in the market with a solid run.

If you decide to buy cheap shit from crap trash, then don't use it for anything serious and... consider your money lost from the beginning. If you buy shit to idle, then you got your money worth anyways.

As much as I hate it, I gotta agree with you on that.

When I bought the deal that was "too good to be true", I didn't use it for 1 month, just let it idle to monitor its resource allocation and uptime. And it was crap.

That's what I do with any host I'm new with. Let the service idle and test the performance once in a while.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • This is the fucking shameful scam

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • It is time for Good hosting companies to run another extended offers to woo customers, @exception0x876 @Francisco and others. Now that people realised ultra cheap offers end up in scam, people may liberally open for best offers that works for them and host.

@gks said:
    It is time for Good hosting companies to run another extended offers to woo customers, @exception0x876 @Francisco and others. Now that people realised ultra cheap offers end up in scam, people may liberally open for best offers that works for them and host.

We've never been one to really do deals. We have limited stock as it is and in the end reliable services cost money.

We have enough years under our belts that people can signup with us, pay annually, and sleep well at night knowing that we'll still be around in the morning.

I think the biggest "deal" we'll have is rolling out a cheaper shared offering based on DirectAdmin but it won't carry a dedicated IP. Starting at $3.99/year or something.

Francisco

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@Francisco said:
    We've never been one to really do deals. We have limited stock as it is and in the end reliable services cost money.

If I am not wrong you used to offer lots of free IPv4 in the past.

It is true that in the past 3 years I never see Fran created any special offers despite I am hoping for one, except for the free licenses.

I believe this modal is more sustainable and profitable.

FAT32 said: If I am not wrong you used to offer lots of free IPv4 in the past.

The large IP plans were received wrong and were never supposed to touch LET.

At the time the China GFW bans were going pretty hard so to try to cut down on the amount of time we were spending rotating users we simply threw out those plans to help China based users be able to run their VPN's easier, but it ended with them getting posted over here.

I allowed some signups on them but legit almost every non China based purchase for them got abused for SPAM so they got cut very quick.

Anyway, hardware and networking cost money. We aren't a host that just buys cheap nodes from random datacenters that are running promotions and sit there with a 10% profit margin praying I don't get a chargeback throwing a node underwater.

Yes you can find cheaper deals than us, but now you just might be rushing to backup your data and trying to find a new home.

Francisco

Thanked by 3FAT32 gks Shoaib_A
  • MasonR said: All these hosts are deadpooling within three days of announcing they are shutting down. 17 out of 18 of these hosts were featured on LEB within the past 2 months offering yearly contracted services. I guarantee no one is getting refunds from this (aside from charging back, which I suggest everyone starts considering right about now). Let me know if you're still having any issues seeing why no one trusts LEB/CC.

this is called cheating customer. You cannot close the doors in 2 days after you have made a yearly plan except if you make this intentionally. Just my 2 cents.

• @Nekki !

Thanked by 1uptime
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Guess we now just have to wait for these companies to resurrect with a new name :)

• The list of providers that notified customers about their impending shutdown includes:
    **ArkaHosting
    Bigfoot Servers
    DCNHost
    HostBRZ
    HostedSimply
    Hosting73
    KudoHosting
    LQHosting
    MegaZoneHosting
    n3Servers
    ServerStrong
    SnowVPS
    SparkVPS
    StrongHosting
    SuperbVPS
    SupremeVPS
    TCNHosting
    UMaxHosting
    WelcomeHosting
    X4Servers

• @2Neutron said:

you're late to the party...

monday is here. brace yourselves for incoming 'why is my VPS down' threads...

Thanked by 2DP uptime
  • Ignoring all of the horrible things about these closures for a moment, If I had to find one positive in all of this, I'd say it's the fact they gave a few days of warning to take backups if not already done.

Be honest, how many of you didn't have backups already?

In saying that, it's despicable that they are still taking new orders :/

Thanked by 1pepa65