Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My hostsolutions VPS can not login with SSH
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My hostsolutions VPS can not login with SSH

.I try to reinstall the vm ,install success but I also can not login with SSH.And when i restart the vps,i can login success,but it disconnect SSH automatic after about 10 seconds,And them I use the same username and password to login the vps,but it fail!
Please help me to solve the problem,Thank you!! @cociu

Comments

• Welcome to the ever growing club!

• Mine is working fine. If it's a server-generated password you should not expect to get the same one twice. Check the client area to see if there is a way to set the password. Also, open a ticket instead of posting to LET.

Thanked by 2gwnd1989 DanielC
  • You should open a ticket, not a thread. Have you tried the set password button?

Thanked by 2DanielC WebProject
  • @sanvit said:
    You should open a ticket, not a thread. Have you tried the set password button?

of course I tried,when I reInstall the VM,I can connect,but after about 10 seconds SSH disconnect automatic,And them I can not connect it use the same username and password

• probably some IP hijacking problem or something like that. don't worry. support will try to promise to not take care til somedate something something...

Thanked by 2ITLabs plumberg
  • @DanielC said:

@sanvit said:
    You should open a ticket, not a thread. Have you tried the set password button?

of course I tried,when I reInstall the VM,I can connect,but after about 10 seconds SSH disconnect automatic,And them I can not connect it use the same username and password

Check if SSHD is running by accessing via console

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @willie said:
    Mine is working fine. If it's a server-generated password you should not expect to get the same one twice. Check the client area to see if there is a way to set the password. Also, open a ticket instead of posting to LET.

You didn't get the memo people are getting their tickets deleted after 10 or 15 days of NOT being answered? Plus, your first and second sentences sounds like valid advice that could have solved his issue if it's a misunderstanding of the particular host. I'd certainly encourage people to try and resolve problems themselves before this provider responds.

If his server flat out didn't get provisioned, then yeah, direct him to opening a ticket first thing. They've been having provisioning problems for I don't know how long.

I'm curious if he has KVM access so he can troubleshoot the SSH problem. The server may be rebooting or getting reprovisioned over and over for the password to keep changing. shrug

My advice, use the console in the client area, it doesn't require SSH. You can figure out if box is staying up and see disconnection logs... If you don't have a console in the client area area, give up and find another host. A working console is essential for troubleshooting and getting out of bad updates and changes.

• @TimboJones said:

@willie said:
    Mine is working fine. If it's a server-generated password you should not expect to get the same one twice. Check the client area to see if there is a way to set the password. Also, open a ticket instead of posting to LET.

You didn't get the memo people are getting their tickets deleted after 10 or 15 days of NOT being answered? Plus, your first and second sentences sounds like valid advice that could have solved his issue if it's a misunderstanding of the particular host. I'd certainly encourage people to try and resolve problems themselves before this provider responds.

If his server flat out didn't get provisioned, then yeah, direct him to opening a ticket first thing. They've been having provisioning problems for I don't know how long.

I'm curious if he has KVM access so he can troubleshoot the SSH problem. The server may be rebooting or getting reprovisioned over and over for the password to keep changing. shrug

My advice, use the console in the client area, it doesn't require SSH. You can figure out if box is staying up and see disconnection logs... If you don't have a console in the client area area, give up and find another host. A working console is essential for troubleshooting and getting out of bad updates and changes.

I can not access the KVM!

• blablub123blablub123 Member
    edited August 2019

I am having the exact same problem. I got my VPS like two days ago. The HD size shrank to 4GB and my entire VPS has no connection. It is not assigned any IP and I cannot even ping google. Connecting via the panel using NoVNC works...

Edit: Just reinstalled for the thousands time and now it works...

Thanked by 1DanielC
  • @blablub123 said:
    I am having the exact same problem. I got my VPS like two days ago. The HD size shrank to 4GB and my entire VPS has no connection. It is not assigned any IP and I cannot even ping google. Connecting via the panel using NoVNC works...

Edit: Just reinstalled for the thousands time and now it works...

But I can not find the VNC,but my vps has IP

• cociucociu Member
    edited August 2019

Daniel , please pm with the tiket number. Also if is a kvm you have novnc acces so you can take a look what is the problem , more yesterday we have activate the media button and you can make a custom install , the ip details is appear in your account including netmask and gateway.

Thanked by 1DanielC
  • DanielCDanielC Member
    edited August 2019

@cociu said:
    Daniel , please pm with the tiket number. Also if is a kvm you have novnc acces so you can take a look what is the problem , more yesterday we have activate the media button and you can make a custom install , the ip details is appear in your account including netmask and gateway.

Ok,I have PM the tiket number!

• https://ping.pe/[your IP address]
    Test if the IP has been offline in all countries?

Thanked by 1DanielC
  • djndjn Member

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2979452/#Comment_2979452

^ this may help if using the ubuntu-16.04-x86_64 template

Thanked by 2uptime DanielC
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited August 2019

Are you getting the "remote host identification has changed" warning when you retry to SSH in? Definitely sounds like IP hijacking, or two VMs were provisioned with the same IP (I had the latter happen to me once with hostsolutions due to some provisioning bug over a year ago).

Thanked by 2Falzo DanielC