Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter Server down [Atlanta] - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter Server down [Atlanta]

Comments

• It would have been better for the folks at Delimiter to be right up front with when they thought they predicted these problems would be fixed. As it is, they report 'any minute now' and that was days ago. We in turn report to our clients 'in the next day or three'. Then four days go by. Their poor choices in managing this make us appear unreliable to our customers. That costs us a whole lot more than any hosting company's fee. In fact it sours folks on the whole idea of offsite hosting or at least hosting in place farther than a short car trip.

When their corporate phone number is dailed, there is no answer, it then forwards to a cell phone, that won't take messages.

If you're old enough, you know a big problem will happen someday. It's not if, it's when. These folks have not thought through how to be responsible to customers on the day the 'when' happened.

And really, what operating engineer would blast download a firmware update to many copies of this or that motherboard model number and hardware revision without trying it on a couple of each first? They blast download firmware that manages 'off/on'? Ouch.

• AlyssaDAlyssaD Member
    edited June 2018

I mean the context is written in plain big letters at this point.

"Do not use Delimiter for a commercial service."

Thanked by 2Aidan Aidan
  • FWIW, one of my boxes randomly came back up, even before the control panel allowed me to access power options and provisioning. Fingers crossed that everyone else gets their stuff back.

• I can access the power options and provisioning, however - no luck on the server. Still gone gone.

• @PcJamesy said:

Anyone have this weird error?

This error is now gone but server is not reachable via RDP. Could it be back but unreachable due to some windows configuration

• moizizzymoizizzy Member
    edited June 2018

@cornercase said:
    FWIW, one of my boxes randomly came back up, even before the control panel allowed me to access power options and provisioning. Fingers crossed that everyone else gets their stuff back.

Thanks for the wishes praying to get back in ol soon how many more to go for you?

• @t0ny0 said:
    I can access the power options and provisioning, however - no luck on the server. Still gone gone.

Same maybe it’s a good sign I just hope it comes back before the weekend else it’ll be another week and I can’t do any fixes over the weekend

• lazytlazyt Member

Still waiting on both of mine.

• terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider

We're running a few promos on our budget servers. We may have something if anyone is interested. Take a look at our website for the offers.

• @AlyssaD said:

larivee said: side note: woothosting offer some "cloud" pool where you buy a pool of cpu,ram,disk, ips and create the vms like you want ( limited by the number of ips)

Side note of your side note: Woothosting is also a bad company with shit policies.

"Hi, my server is down."

--- Server comes up a day later.

Response after the server is up. "Your server looks fine."

sorry to hear that. I just begun being with them, havent had issue yet. It's cheap dev boxes for me.

• Still down :(

• same here... and IP's replying to ping requests in the AS7363 IP space is still stuck at about 775. (No change in about 20 hours)

• IshaqIshaq Member

@DeftNerd said:
    same here... and IP's replying to ping requests in the AS7363 IP space is still stuck at about 775. (No change in about 20 hours)

Probably because of the weekend.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

They take weekends off? How dare they!

• @deank said:

I'm sure there's a /s in that statement; barring that if an issue of this scope happens, you best believe I'd have staff working 24/7 around the clock to restore services or remedy/rectify issues.

• @daxterfellowes said:

@deank said:

I'm sure there's a /s in that statement; barring that if an issue of this scope happens, you best believe I'd have staff working 24/7 around the clock to restore services or remedy/rectify issues.

I don’t think they share your view they were off last weekend as well

• @deank said:

Starting on a Friday too!

• @moizizzy said:

@daxterfellowes said:

@deank said:

They said they brought a bunch of people online fri/sat/sun last weekend... though there is no evidence that happened.

• @deftnerd > @krandor said:

@moizizzy said:

@daxterfellowes said:

@deank said:

They said they brought a bunch of people online fri/sat/sun last weekend... though there is no evidence that happened.

Most people that I read came online from Tuesday onwards only. Dint read about anyone coming online on the weekend

• mmuyskensmmuyskens Member, Host Rep

And I’m down again...

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@mmuyskens said:
    And I’m down again...

Take backup as soon as up again.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@mmuyskens said:
    And I’m down again...

Hope you did the sensible thing and used the 'uptime' to create backups in order to move.

I already had daily backups running and it’s nothing really important. Only thing I’m killing myself on is not taking a copy of the few VMs to simplify the recovery.

• You should honestly assume that delimiter is going out of business.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

All good (or in this case cheap) things come to an end, eventually.

The thing with cheap things is that it tends to end ugly.

edited June 2018

It's just too beautiful.

• Does Delimiter send out emails with status updates? When I was there customer I got sales e-mails all the time, but never anything about outages.

The greatest thing about this company is they are still in business - I would have bet they disappeared a long time ago.

• @sidewinder said:
    Does Delimiter send out emails with status updates? When I was there customer I got sales e-mails all the time, but never anything about outages.

The greatest thing about this company is they are still in business - I would have bet they disappeared a long time ago.

I think I got every sales email 4 times each. Either glitch in their billing system or just residual from the old system to the new...

• Who owns this dumbass company?

• DeftNerdDeftNerd Member
    edited June 2018

sidewinder said: Does Delimiter send out emails with status updates? When I was there customer I got sales e-mails all the time, but never anything about outages.

Not a single email has been sent to customers (not to me, at least).

larivee said: I think I got every sales email 4 times each. Either glitch in their billing system or just residual from the old system to the new..

That happened to me too! It was very annoying

sidewinder said: Who owns this dumbass company?

A guy named Eden Akhavi

Ping update: we're back over 800 IP's replying. Looks like another 2 blade chassis' have been powered up. I'm estimating that there are another 75 to 80 blade chassis' to go from their posted "1700+ servers" figure.