Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter Server down [Atlanta] - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter Server down [Atlanta]

Comments

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Falzo said: something like $300 yearly for this sure would get me thinking...

$30/month is the lowest we're going on these systems. It's a great deal from a provider that is here for the long haul (15 years and still going strong). Anything lower than this is not worth the effort for us.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

K4Y5 said: Anything in LA? :P

We have a few Core i3 530 systems available at $29.99.

• znethzneth Member

Mines still down but these new offers are tempting.

• sinsin Member

@NealS said:
    My server is still down. Hopefully not too much longer.

Looking at the nice offers. My delimiter box is E5420/24G/2x500G/$200-yr. Might upgrade to one of those QuickPacket deals. Hetzner is great but the extra 100ms lag from US to Germany isn't fun.

The QuickPacket dedis are totally worth it and support is night and day difference from Delimiter (QuickPacket answers tickets quickly and knows what they're doing). I'm super happy with my server and the network is great too.

Thanked by 2qps NealS
  • BTW as per their last update that went "don't call us we'll call you". My server came up sometime last night. No email. No contact. All 3 of my tickets still open. Zero notification it is up.

So don't under any circumstances wait for them to contact you.

• BruceBruce Member

FYI, my servers have the same MAC

• DedispecDedispec Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2018

For anyone looking for East Coast refugee offers on the 5420/5520/5630/5640 series stuff we can match or come close to matching on some of Delimiters offers (including some of the annual offers), we have some leftover legacy series if your fine at 100Mbit on them). Feel free to PM me or shoot your configuration to our sales email. We'd be in West Virginia.

• @Bruce said:

I'm shocked I tell you.. Shocked.

• PcJamesyPcJamesy Member
    edited June 2018

Anyone have this weird error?

• NealSNealS Member
    edited June 2018

PcJamesy said: Anyone have this weird error?

I get that when I log into the portal. I assume whatever server manages that is down like everything else. Or maybe they're re-provisioning us.

• I would but as long as

@PcJamesy said:

Anyone have this weird error?

Yup all the boxes showing that

• paradoxxparadoxx Member
    edited June 2018

still 4 servers down here, but most of their gateways are online now.
    My prefixes still vanished from BGP tables aswell.

• I have had that connection error on provision for about a week. And power management gives an error about billing. Once I finish moving my data off I hope their cancel server still works.

• @defnerd, I'm interested.

• No growth in ping responses since 6am EST. In fact, it dropped from 799 ping replies in their AS7363 space to 775 ping replies.

• @Bruce said:

Glad you confirmed what I suspected.

• moizizzymoizizzy Member
    edited June 2018

@DeftNerd said:
    No growth in ping responses since 6am EST. In fact, it dropped from 799 ping replies in their AS7363 space to 775 ping replies.

Oh no I wonder what’s wrong and when the new delay will be.

• @DeftNerd said:
    No growth in ping responses since 6am EST. In fact, it dropped from 799 ping replies in their AS7363 space to 775 ping replies.

I am back but seriously WTF is wrong with the company?

• Interesting. While I'm back up I had opened 3 tickets during all this and this evening they merged them into 1 but no reply to say I was fixed.

I did close that ticket (since I'm up) and opened a new billing ticket asking for a credit for the downtime.

• I'm less worried about compensation. To be honest for the price they had 2 options 1. Ignore the servers send an apologetic email to customers and be done with it (some customers lost) and very cost effective 2. Fix all the problems by replacing renewing whatever was required. And the fact that they took the harder longer route kinda proves to me that they are committed on staying in the business long.

What they possibly failed at was constant and frequent communications with customers and possibly offering alternatives while the server was down (costly but would be the icing on the cake)

• TomTom Member

@krandor said:
    Interesting. While I'm back up I had opened 3 tickets during all this and this evening they merged them into 1 but no reply to say I was fixed.

I did close that ticket (since I'm up) and opened a new billing ticket asking for a credit for the downtime.

You shouldn't be focusing on credit, you should be focusing on getting the F out of there ;-)

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • MarshalCheMarshalChe Member
    edited June 2018

@edfox said:
    How the fuck can you be happy with a contabo

Definitely don't know. Somehow it turns out.

• FalzoFalzo Member

went with the $30 quickpacket deal. while @qps wasn't able to do something about the monthly price he cut me a small deal about some hardware addon, which I really appreciate!

so far the order process has been a no brainer and sales support answered within minutes to make the neccessary adjustments, despite timezones and stuff. server should be provisioned within one business day, let's see how it goes, at least works very well for the first impression ;-)

• I went with an offer on quickpacket also and am currently waiting for it to be set up. Here's the kicker. I submitted cancelation at delimiter and 6 minutes after submitting I get this.

Cancellation Confirmation

We're sorry that you've cancelled your service. If there is something that has gone wrong, then please contact me and I'll do my utmost to resolve the problem.

• Steve

I have 3 tickets in for 12 days nothing but cancel and they get right on it. What a joke.

• Anyone on the SL170 servers get online yet?

• lariveelarivee Member
    edited June 2018

keep in mind that low price offers for dedicated hardware usually equals that you expect something will go wrong. ( dead hardware, no patchs, slow etc... ) I worked for large hosting companies with 3 and 4 letters name. Just opening a ticket on these offers usually means no money is made. The price is barely to paid for the electricity and cooling.

If delimiter can bring back my server and offers a 2 months credit, I'll be fine with it since it's only Dev stuff I put there. Production stuff is deployed in multiple providers and datacenters with real SLA

Like someone said, if they are taking the time to put everything back on and not just cancelling everything and move-on shows at least some dedication.

yes, communication is inexistant, but that is a common problem in companies where it's all technical people and no "community manager"

side note: woothosting offer some "cloud" pool where you buy a pool of cpu,ram,disk, ips and create the vms like you want ( limited by the number of ips)

• imokimok Member

larivee said: If delimiter can bring back my server and offers a 2 months credit

I really doubt that

• lariveelarivee Member
    edited June 2018

@imok said:

larivee said: If delimiter can bring back my server and offers a 2 months credit

I really doubt that

brining back the server or the credit? :)

• @larivee said:

@imok said:

I really doubt that

brining back the server or the credit? :)

Most likely both lol :-)

Thanked by 1imok
  • larivee said: side note: woothosting offer some "cloud" pool where you buy a pool of cpu,ram,disk, ips and create the vms like you want ( limited by the number of ips)

Side note of your side note: Woothosting is also a bad company with shit policies.

"Hi, my server is down."

--- Server comes up a day later.

Response after the server is up. "Your server looks fine."