Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
quadhost does not care
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

quadhost does not care

They have a server down, they do not fix anything. Just tell you that it is gone, like it was stolen or something.
Very unprofessional attitude from them, looks like the shit virtual6 is pulling all the time. The guys doing support are assholes too, pretending they do not understand and making sly remarks.

Very disappointed by how they are handling THEIR PROBLEM, if I had known before........

Comments

• Okay, we get that you are pissed and want to vent your anger. But could you please provide a bit more than that to convince us that QuadHost is a bad provider?

For those who care:
    You can now find me at https://talk.lowendspirit.com or https://www.hostballs.com

• WHTWHT Member

Post your tickets so the drama gets verified.

• LeeLee Member

Termiet said: Very disappointed by how they are handling THEIR PROBLEM, if I had known before........

But you planned for this right? Backups, no annual payments and easily moved to a new provider.

• quadhostquadhost Member, Provider
    edited October 2016

Hi @Termiet, Apologies you feel this way about us.

They have a server down, they do not fix anything.

In certain situations things are beyond our immediate control as we use a number of different providers in various locations worldwide.

Very unprofessional attitude from them, looks like the shit virtual6 is pulling all the time. The guys doing support are assholes too, pretending they do not understand and making sly remarks.

Do you have a ticket number for me to check and escalate internally?

Very disappointed by how they are handling THEIR PROBLEM, if I had known before........

If you are reffering to the KVM node outage then we have offered multiple solutions to each client moving forward depending on your exact service. Including but not limited to: recreating the instance in another location with a service extension or account credit, or a pro-rated refund back to account credit or a pro-rated refund back to your payment method.

Get our US, UK or BG 512mb KVM VPS w/ 2 vCPU's, 512mb RAM, 20GB Storage, 750G bandwidth, 1 IPv4 & /64 IPv6 for only £2/m!
    Monthly payment cycle, discounted upto a year, savings applied at checkout stage. Additional IPv4's available for £0.50 per month!

• rivermiguerivermigue Member, Provider

@Neoon said:

hilarious

Att. Miguel Rivera
    TempleServers.com Debian WebHosting | Nginx | Apache | Daily backups
    KVM and OpenVZ virtualization in Germany and Canada. A registered trademark of Breinz S.A de C.V NIT: 0614-051216-105-5

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider

@rivermigue said:

@Neoon said:

hilarious

Or much rather scary :)

quadhost said: If you are reffering to the KVM node outage then we have offered multiple solutions to each client moving forward depending on your exact service. Including but not limited to: recreating the instance in another location with a service extension or account credit, or a pro-rated refund back to account credit or a pro-rated refund back to your payment method.

Sorry to hear :(. Though options offered seem fair and more than reasonable.

Clouvider Limited - Leading Hosting & Connectivity Partner || Dedicated Server Sale from £45/m - Our Latest LET Offer

Cloud Web Hosting | SSD & SAS HA OnApp VPS | US, UK, NL & DE Dedicated Servers | Network Services | Colocation | Managed Services

• NeoonNeoon Member
    edited October 2016

@Clouvider said:

@rivermigue said:

@Neoon said:

hilarious

Or much rather scary :)

Well seems like you dont know owls, you need to go more outside.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • ratherbak3dratherbak3d Member, Provider

@Termiet please contact [email protected]

IT & Hosting Solutions Rotherham - Virtual6 Ltd

• What's the relation between Quadhost and Virtual6?

• stasistasi Member
    edited October 2016

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    What's the relation between Quadhost and Virtual6?

>

@Termiet said:
    Very unprofessional attitude from them, looks like the shit virtual6

I think thats what he tried to say: same shit different names.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    What's the relation between Quadhost and Virtual6?

None.

I think it was meant to be a comparison as @stasi said and @ratherbak3d wants to check what the OP's experience with Virtual6 was.

@Termiet, still awaiting a ticket number for checking by another member of staff and escalating if required.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho

Get our US, UK or BG 512mb KVM VPS w/ 2 vCPU's, 512mb RAM, 20GB Storage, 750G bandwidth, 1 IPv4 & /64 IPv6 for only £2/m!
    Monthly payment cycle, discounted upto a year, savings applied at checkout stage. Additional IPv4's available for £0.50 per month!

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I bet OP's server was down for 666 seconds before he decided to post here.

I have not created a single thread. Verify it if you dare.

• @deank said:
    I bet OP's server was down for 666 seconds before he decided to post here.

Read @quadhosts reply abov...they already confirmed they "lost control" of at least one KVM node with a "various provider" and would need to recreate the client's VM's.

So OP's VPS went down, quadhost lost control of the server, OP lost all of his data...I would be pissed too.

How exactly do you just lose control of a server? Sounds like way too many providers either are choosing poor dedi providers or never bother to get a real relationship in place with their providers.

www.whatuptime.com

Microsoft Windows Templates for Online.net, Kimsufi, DigitalOcean, OVH, Vultr & Much More!

• I had 3 VM's in the lost node. Although it is obviously a major inconvenience, I fully accept that for the price I pay and for the plan I have, it is entirely my responsibility to ensure having a backup in place and a plan B (and C as most my VM's are low end).
    To be honest, I'm entirely happy with the services I have from quadhost and their support. In fact, they have always been extra patient with me for which I really appreciate. their pool plan is great, I've always had any iso i've asked mounted within minutes, and performance of the VM's has been generally good without down times.
    I accept this things happen and no one ever has any control over everything. Their response and compensation offer is fully adequate. I have rebuilt the servers in a new location and all is good.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • And they are not answering my ticket for 2 weeks

edited October 2016

@Devas thankyou for the feedback, once again apologies for the inconvience caused.

@fffonion said:
    And they are not answering my ticket for 2 weeks

Do you have a ticket # to hand, I'd like to get it reviewed and checked?

• tenperatenpera Member
    edited October 2016

Their NAT vps has been rock solid so far..

Thanked by 1quadhost
  • @quadhost said:
    a pro-rated refund back to account credit or a pro-rated refund back to your payment method.

Honestly I think refund back to account credit should be 2x or even 3x, like what Anthony did to LHC SG. Original payment of method is fine for a prorated amount.

PS: Any stock for NAT 128 in SG?

TheOnlyDK said: like what Anthony did to LHC SG.

This hypervisor is unrelated to a NAT product/solution and to LHC.

• i83i83 Member, Provider

PS: Any stock for NAT 128 in SG?

Shortly, stock will be added once the new hypervisors have passed internal testing.

Get a free VPS when you buy our 9 Location Bundle Packs! (9 VPS for the price of 8 @ £36/yr ~ £4 per VPS)
    i-83.net ~ An unmanaged "LowEnd" OpenVZ IPv4 NAT/IPv6 based Provider. let{bUNdL3ssSss}

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited October 2016

@quadhost said:

TheOnlyDK said: like what Anthony did to LHC SG.

This hypervisor is unrelated to a NAT product/solution and to LHC.

Did I say they are related? I'm just suggesting a way to make your customers happy, just like how Anthony does to his customers.

edited October 2016

TheOnlyDK said: Did I say they are related?

No, you just compared them implying they were.

I'm just suggesting a way to make your customers happy, just like how Anthony does to his customers.

Thank you for the feedback, as always it will be taken into consideration.

As always if any customers are not happy with our offer or service then feel free to discuss it with us.

• @quadhost said:
    Do you have a ticket # to hand, I'd like to get it reviewed and checked?

It's 786324. Thx

Thanked by 1quadhost
    edited October 2016

@fffonion said:

It's 786324. Thx

Thanks. I have pushed to the appropriate NAT sales team member within @i83, expect an update shortly.

• @quadhost said:

@fffonion said:

It's 786324. Thx

Thanks. I have pushed to the appropriate NAT sales team member within @i83, expect an update shortly.

Tickets has been resolved, thanks.

• @quadhost
    Actually it is not possible to delete the old VMs (on the broken node) and so it is not possible to create new ones in other locations.

183 VPS tested in real time and counting... (86 active LEB providers).
    All links I'm posting are tracked affiliate links, whenever the provider has an affiliate program.

@hostingwizard_net said:
    Actually it is not possible to delete the old VMs (on the broken node) and so it is not possible to create new ones in other locations.

Open a support ticket (or reply to the one we about regarding the issue) and a member of the team can either adjust your quota limits or can issue a manual removal for the instances on the affected machine.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Provider

This thread reminded me to check on my QuadHost VPS, I forgot about it because it doesn't generate any alerts. Great little VPS, might be ordering more in the very near future to replace some of my less stable VPSs. :) http://status.jmd.cc/

Thanked by 2quadhost inklight
    -Joe @ SecureDragon - LEB's Powered by Wyvern in FL, CO, CA, IL, NJ, GA, OR, TX, and AZ
    Need backup space? Check out BackupDragon
  • @quadhost Sure (in fact I have two open tickets, one for the VMs, one for the credit). But it's a general problem with Virtualizator and for every customer on the dead node (that's why I posted here).

@KuJoe I agree, it's good, practical (pool) and cheap. This is the first time a problem occured. Until now, the highest quality/price for a KVM provider. AtlanticNet⇋ is a bit higher but this is a promo plan, limited to one per customer.

All links I'm posting are tracked affiliate links, whenever the provider has an affiliate program.
    edited October 2016

KuJoe said: Great little VPS

Thanks for the feedback KuJoe.

hostingwizard_net said: it's a general problem (that's why I posted here).

As per the ticket response please advise to proceed - there is a reason they are locked for resource bundles in the interim and require manual interaction to carry out the terminate command.

• Well, after one month, the node is still down, the VMs are still dead and locked (so I can not rebuild them somewhere else. And my ticket has not been answered for 16 days.
    @quadhost it's time for a new refund...

• NekkiNekki Moderator

Fun @quadhost related story... out of the blue I got a service suspension notice for an unpaid invoice...but I never received and invoice. Even more fun, the VPS isn't actually suspended! I'm not sure what's going on anymore!

Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

edited October 2016

@Nekki said:
    Fun @quadhost related story... out of the blue I got a service suspension notice for an unpaid invoice...but I never received and invoice. Even more fun, the VPS isn't actually suspended! I'm not sure what's going on anymore!

I think I've seen similar issue before and it was related to not high enough memory limit for PHP on WHMCS servers or not high enough maximum execution time.

Pity that not-fully-completing cron is still not an issue WHMCS feels should be reported to the admin. Fix should be simple though now that one knows the problem is there.

Clouvider Limited - Leading Hosting & Connectivity Partner || Dedicated Server Sale from £45/m - Our Latest LET Offer

Cloud Web Hosting | SSD & SAS HA OnApp VPS | US, UK, NL & DE Dedicated Servers | Network Services | Colocation | Managed Services

edited October 2016

@hostingwizard_net said:
    Well, after one month, the node is still down, the VMs are still dead and locked (so I can not rebuild them somewhere else. And my ticket has not been answered for 16 days.

They require manual removal as outlined in discussions.

Do you have a ticket number for me to check and escalate if required?

@quadhost it's time for a new refund...

Open a ticket with our billing dept. if you wish to discuss this, LET isn't monitor by our accounts team.

Nekki said: Fun @quadhost related story... out of the blue I got a service suspension notice for an unpaid invoice...but I never received and invoice. Even more fun, the VPS isn't actually suspended! I'm not sure what's going on anymore!

Can you either open a ticket outlining the issue and we can check it or PM me your service ID for investigation?

@Clouvider said:

I think I've seen similar issue before and it was related to not high enough memory limit for PHP on WHMCS servers or not high enough maximum execution time.

We have seen a few isolated cases where the Virtualizor master doesn't respond to WHMCS's cron suspension command so it is never marked as suspended in the billing portal but the instance is suspended in the management portal.

• NekkiNekki Moderator

quadhost said: Can you either open a ticket outlining the issue and we can check it or PM me your service ID for investigation?

No it's OK, I'm not bothered.

Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

• edited October 2016

quadhost said: They require manual removal as outlined in discussions. Do you have a ticket number for me to check and escalate if required?

Yes. #741085 - Can not delete dead VMs 11/10/2016 21:15
    I can see the ticket has been replied right now.

@quadhost (new refund...) Open a ticket with our billing dept. if you wish to discuss this, LET isn't monitor by our accounts team.

A new refund is only needed if the downtime is extended to November. It is not needed if the problem is solved in October.
    I can see you just took care of the problem (the dead VMs have been removed). Thanks.

BTW:

• I see Reims (rei-fr-2) is listed. Is it a new node? Is it stable and running fine?
      ALSO: (yes that should go into a ticket and it will)

• Some resources have disappeared

• I can't create my fourth instance (The list for Virtualization is empty for all regions)
    edited October 2016

hostingwizard_net said: I can see the ticket has been replied right now.

Glad your issue is resolved, I asked my colleague on the tech support team to do a check over any existing tickets regarding that incident, I assume it was picked up.

BTW, I see Reims (rei-fr-2) is listed.

That is the existing region from memory but don't quote me on that. Tech support would be able to confirm.

• @KuJoe said:
    This thread reminded me to check on my QuadHost VPS, I forgot about it because it doesn't generate any alerts. Great little VPS, might be ordering more in the very near future to replace some of my less stable VPSs. :) http://status.jmd.cc/

Server not found :(

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Provider

@doghouch said:

@KuJoe said:

Server not found :(

Thanks for the heads up, I switched to my own DNS servers last week and must have missed some A records. Adding it now. :D

Thanked by 1doghouch
    -Joe @ SecureDragon - LEB's Powered by Wyvern in FL, CO, CA, IL, NJ, GA, OR, TX, and AZ
    Need backup space? Check out BackupDragon
  • I've found it to be a mixed bag when dealing with QuadHost. Initially I had a 256MB NAT VPS and cancelled it to switch to a 128MB NAT VPS on the same host node. That cancellation was done swiftly, but after 6 months of no problems I noticed that the host node suddenly became so unstable that I had to switch to another VPS company. I requested for a cancellation on the 13th of october, but there hasn't been any response to that. Even the ticket (#435713, created on the 26th of october) still hasn't had any response up until now.

• @Amitz said:
    Okay, we get that you are pissed and want to vent your anger. But could you please provide a bit more than that to convince us that QuadHost is a bad provider?

My post https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/112182/stay-away-from-quashost-net-and-i-83-net I think it's a little more detailed.

However it could be enough if you go to the official http://statuscake.quadhost.net/ status page and scroll down to the flk1-de, flk2-de and flk3-de nodes.

Then, click on any of the three and you will discover that all the 3 nodes have been down more than 25 days in the last 40 days.

You think this is enough?

@Lee said:
    But you planned for this right? Backups, no annual payments and easily moved to a new provider.

My VPS was only available as an annual payment; I've tried another (monthly and cheaper) QuadHost VPS and was happy then switched to the horrible actual solution.

• I'm also unhappy with @quadhost but please don't necropost!

This necroposting is getting out of hand.