Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

stupid unprofessional staff at ArubaCloud :)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

stupid unprofessional staff at ArubaCloud :)

GulfGulf Member

Today I got an email that they suspended my account for spam.
I couldn't believe that, because I do not even use their servers. Asked for clarification.

They forwarded an abuse notification from RBL.
IP of my offline server was listed on 2016-04-05, 2016-04-04, 2016-03-30.
I've ordered this server 2016-04-08.

They sold already blacklisted IP and suspended my account.

I've checked 6 of their IPs and everything is blacklisted.
One IP is blacklisted even since 2008 and they never care to remove it.

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2016

Honest mistake I'm sure, did you talk to them about it? Be nice, they don't like making mistakes any more than you like being on the receiving end, I promise. I doubt that they're unwilling to recognize their mistake and do better.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

it sound like someone in past used the same IP address and used for spam purpose. What do you expect for EU 1.00 service.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Gulf said: They sold already blacklisted IP and suspended my account.

Glorious.

• I'm running a server with them, how do I check if my ip is the blacklist?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

sandro said: I'm running a server with them, how do I check if my ip is the blacklist?

try the following URL: http://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

@sandro said:
    I'm running a server with them, how do I check if my ip is the blacklist?

If you don't know, it probably doesn't matter. Blacklisting is only a problem if it impacts what you do.

Thanked by 3Falzo sandro simonindia
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

jarland said: If you don't know, it probably doesn't matter. Blacklisting is only a problem if it impacts what you do.

Some other things than email may mysteriously fail, some admins filter (some even at BGP level) some ranges on various subjective criteria.
    Imagine you cant even use some DNS or domain service, it happened to me because my provider, a very large one in Romania (UPC) was listed in uceprotect at level 3. They smartened up since then and treat dynamic ranges differently, so not every stupid windows xp user part of several botnets will contribute to the blacklisting of enterprise ranges too.

Thanked by 1jar

Maounique said: it happened to me because my provider, a very large one in Romania (UPC) was listed in uceprotect at level 3

Good point, but wow that part is shocking. I can't imagine blocking traffic based on the extortion racket that is uceprotect level 3.

• Wow.. , i just checked mine. 3 of the 5 servers i have are blacklisteted by 4/5 lists !

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

jarland said: Honest mistake I'm sure, did you talk to them about it? Be nice, they don't like making mistakes any more than you like being on the receiving end, I promise. I doubt that they're unwilling to recognize their mistake and do better.

Even if it was an honest mistake, they deserve a little anger from their innocent clients!

You asked "did you talk to them about it?". Probably the answer is no. But the real question is, did Arubacloud talk to the customer about it before they suspended the server? It's a 2 way street, and they clearly didn't think their customer was worth the benefit of the doubt.

Even if the spam DID originate from an active customer's server, it could be from some exploit in some PHP script. Server suspensions can be serious and cause real damage to the client's business. If Arbubacloud were concerned with spam, they could have simply blocked port 25 to prevent further abuse, and then contacted the customer to query the issue.

I can understand a server gets suspended by accident because of human error. But if someone reads a situation incorrectly and takes extreme measures where alternatives were available... I dunno... I would not be so patient.

Thanked by 1Plioser
  • @randvegeta Aruba is a very big low end priced player and blocking a single port waiting a customer reply (if he will reply) is not so easy and can be costly. I mean, handling an abuse suspending service can be done by 2nd level support, if you require blocking port this must be done by some network guy. Network engegneer are usually less then technical support.

About @Gulf , have you tried contacting them explaining that the abuse is prior your activation? I think they will apologize and will fix fast.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@matteob, certainly blocking ports is an easy task to automate, can have a gui, even L1 could do that.

• @Clouvider said:

Yes, but not in Aruba enviroment where most is done manually. Big italian companies are dinosaurs and only few companies invest in automation.

• ValdVald Member

haha this is funny

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@matteob said:
    Yes, but not in Aruba enviroment where most is done manually. Big italian companies are dinosaurs and only few companies invest in automation.

Doesn't excuse them from providing such a poor Customer Service.

Thanked by 1matteob
  • May be not your case... but not using a VPS doesn't imply you let a server lay around unsecured with ports open to attack or relays. If you do not use the VPS, destroy it or atleast shut it down to avoid any mischievous activity.

Thanked by 1globalRegisters

@mehargags said:
    May be not your case...

Isn't. Read OP again.

• @Nyr said:

@mehargags said:
    May be not your case...

Isn't. Read OP again.

Read my first line again... I said NOT YOUR CASE but was a bit of an advise for many others ignorant of the fact.

• dailydaily Member
    edited April 2016

No idea what you're even trying to say, @mehargags. Regardless, a mess up on ArubaCloud's part. Nothing a ticket wouldn't fix I'm sure though.

Edit: I understand now, but it has absolutely nothing to do with this topic. Great job I guess?

• Ha. My IP is also listed. Meh...

• manlivomanlivo Member
    edited May 2016

My IP is clean IP. I checked at http://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx.

• sandrosandro Member

Mine on two lists. :(

• GulfGulf Member

They recovered account.

Dear Customer,
    due to the high number of spam abuses we just provided to send the notification and block the possible sending by excluding the server network.

The reference time that we take into consideration is only the date on the email from the certification authority, other references to the date should be analyzed in the mail text and this can not be done by our procedure.

• GulfGulf Member
    edited May 2016

@sandro said:
    Mine on two lists. :(

There are 1000s of blacklists, almost all of them untrusted and unused by the major ESPs.

Anyway, if you would use aruba vps in combination with something like mail gun , mandrill - lots of companies mail servers will reject your email, because they check every ip in the headers and use these databases. Public ESPs using their own internal filtering.

• max233max233 Member

my god what happened to good old instant server delivery !!
    its been 3 days since i paid for arubacloud and the bill still there and support replay is delayed
    another provider halted account for phone verification
    another won't activate until sending some papers !!
    so im dropping them all
    and going for a none paranoid provider !

• matteobmatteob Barred

@max233 said:
    for a none paranoid provider !

chargeback, spammers, frauders costs lot of money to providers.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • rokokrokok Member

Dayum didn't notice this, 1 of mine on the list :/

ivmSIP24 & RATS NoPtr

I don't really care (i don't even understand) lol

@rokok said:
    ivmSIP24 & RATS NoPtr

One of them is not a blacklist and the other is per /24, so you shouldn't really care.

Thanked by 1rokok
  • max233max233 Member
    edited May 2016

@matteob said:

@max233 said:
    for a none paranoid provider !

chargeback, spammers, frauders costs lot of money to providers.

I understand but take amazon aws for instance
    Verification is by a simple message pin code
    Fast and simple!

What i mean is some providers lack the ease of fast delivery .

Thanked by 1matteob

@max233 said:
    I understand but take amazon aws for instance
    Verification is by a simple message pin code
    Fast and simple!

Are you comparing a high end and very expensive provider with one of the cheapest?

Of course AWS is able to deal with a chargebacks or some stolen CCs, given their pricing. They also have vay more capacity to implement proper fraud checking.