Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any EU-based offers for DNSONLY + BackupMX, 1x IPv4 + 1x IPv6, at ~$10/yr?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Any EU-based offers for DNSONLY + BackupMX, 1x IPv4 + 1x IPv6, at ~$10/yr?

Monsta_AUMonsta_AU Member
edited March 2014 in Requests

Hi providers;

I'm looking for an EU-based VPS for a cPanel DNSonly instance. I will be running CSF & NDChost Secondary MX plugin.

RAM: Looking for 512mb, 256+256 vSwap ok. Prefer not to need swap and lower node disk contention.

DISK: 5GB would be more than enough. SSD/Cached not essential but would be nice.

VIRT: OVZ is acceptable but Xen would be better.

IP: One IPv4 & one IPv6 only required.

PORT: Gigabit is more than sufficient.

BANDWIDTH: Can't see myself using 100GB/mo. Probably less than 10GB but say 100 to be safe.

I would prefer to keep this under USD$10/yr. Will pay 12 months in advance to save fees on all sides.

Please post up your locations and offers.

Any opinions expressed are my own, correct, and generally unpopular with others. All rights reserved - but some wrongs are still available.

Comments

• I wish you the best of luck with your search, but I think EU IP prices have passed the point where $10/yr (USD) is possible. :)

This signature wasted 121 bytes of your data allocation.

https://nixstats.com/report/56b53d6465689e44598b4567

• Monsta_AUMonsta_AU Member
    edited March 2014

I'd hoped that was not the case, @INIZ has got 1GB/50GB/500GB in NL with a v4 and a v6 for $25/yr. Surely Patrick can get closer to that sort of pricepoint for my very modest needs?

Universev also in that $10/yr range, bit short on the RAM and a bit long on the disk.

GVH also heading to NL. Already got a New Year coupon deal with them, but would like to spread the load/risk a bit.

Any opinions expressed are my own, correct, and generally unpopular with others. All rights reserved - but some wrongs are still available.

• nstormnstorm Member
    edited March 2014

said: lower node disk contention.

OpenVZ vSwap doesn't works really like a swap, it's still in memory.

said: Gigabit is more than sufficient.

Like you usually see 10G connections on LEB prices.

said: Please post up your locations and offers.

I doubt you'll get much offers on under $10/yr, as 0xdragon says IPv4s are expensive in RIPE area.

edited March 2014

@nstorm said:
    Like you usually see 10G connections on LEB prices.

There's been a couple of UK offers of later with 10GbE. I'm doing DNS, so 100Mbit is probably fine too.

@nstorm said:
    I doubt you'll get much offers on under $10/yr, as 0xdragon says IPv4s are expensive in RIPE area.

There's a few listed on lowendserv/lowendstock that are almost in the range. Universev is one under $10/yr. I just haven't heard much about them here.

• Monsta_AU said: Universev

= scam. They've been banned from here about 4 times :)

This signature wasted 121 bytes of your data allocation.

https://nixstats.com/report/56b53d6465689e44598b4567

• Oh wonderful. Just did a search... sounds charming.

• Monsta_AU said: There's a few listed on lowendserv/lowendstock that are almost in the range. Universev is one under $10/yr. I just haven't heard much about them here.

Universev.com was registered Oct 2013.
    Name other "few listed". I can't see them on LES lists.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2014

@Monsta_AU said:
    I'd hoped that was not the case, INIZ has got 1GB/50GB/500GB in NL with a v4 and a v6 for $25/yr. Surely Patrick can get closer to that sort of pricepoint for my very modest needs?

Unfortunately not. I doubt you will find any good provider still selling yearlies with ripe ips for ~10/yr.

Patrick | INIZ
  • Never buy anything from Universev. Never.

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Member, Provider

Your budget is indeed quite low. But we might be able to help you out for this time. Send us a PM if you're interested or e-mail us. This is not something we actively offer, only a possibility to help you out with your budget.

VPSSLIM.com - Cheap Virtual Private Servers - Instant Setup | Like us on Facebook
    Looking for Premium Cloud Hosting?
  • @INIZ said:
    Unfortunately not. I doubt you will find any good provider still selling yearlies with ripe ips for ~10/yr.

What can you get down to at that sort of rate then? $15? I see that this is still available via a link on list.lowendserv: https://my.iniz.com/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

Can I get IPv6 on that? It's complete overkill for my requirements though.

edited March 2014

Ended up paring back the RAM specs a bit and went with a 256GB SSD VPS from @RamNode. Instantly activated, and I must say that the disk is stupid fast and the cPanel install is roaring along.

Their SRSLY40 code is still active, brought it down to under $15/yr.