Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any EU-based offers for DNSONLY + BackupMX, 1x IPv4 + 1x IPv6, at ~$10/yr?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any EU-based offers for DNSONLY + BackupMX, 1x IPv4 + 1x IPv6, at ~$10/yr?

Monsta_AUMonsta_AU Member
edited March 2014 in Requests

Hi providers;

I'm looking for an EU-based VPS for a cPanel DNSonly instance. I will be running CSF & NDChost Secondary MX plugin.

RAM: Looking for 512mb, 256+256 vSwap ok. Prefer not to need swap and lower node disk contention.

DISK: 5GB would be more than enough. SSD/Cached not essential but would be nice.

VIRT: OVZ is acceptable but Xen would be better.

IP: One IPv4 & one IPv6 only required.

PORT: Gigabit is more than sufficient.

BANDWIDTH: Can't see myself using 100GB/mo. Probably less than 10GB but say 100 to be safe.

I would prefer to keep this under USD$10/yr. Will pay 12 months in advance to save fees on all sides.

Please post up your locations and offers.

Comments

• I wish you the best of luck with your search, but I think EU IP prices have passed the point where $10/yr (USD) is possible. :)

• Monsta_AUMonsta_AU Member
    edited March 2014

I'd hoped that was not the case, @INIZ has got 1GB/50GB/500GB in NL with a v4 and a v6 for $25/yr. Surely Patrick can get closer to that sort of pricepoint for my very modest needs?

Universev also in that $10/yr range, bit short on the RAM and a bit long on the disk.

GVH also heading to NL. Already got a New Year coupon deal with them, but would like to spread the load/risk a bit.

• nstormnstorm Member
    edited March 2014

said: lower node disk contention.

OpenVZ vSwap doesn't works really like a swap, it's still in memory.

said: Gigabit is more than sufficient.

Like you usually see 10G connections on LEB prices.

said: Please post up your locations and offers.

I doubt you'll get much offers on under $10/yr, as 0xdragon says IPv4s are expensive in RIPE area.

edited March 2014

@nstorm said:
    Like you usually see 10G connections on LEB prices.

There's been a couple of UK offers of later with 10GbE. I'm doing DNS, so 100Mbit is probably fine too.

@nstorm said:
    I doubt you'll get much offers on under $10/yr, as 0xdragon says IPv4s are expensive in RIPE area.

There's a few listed on lowendserv/lowendstock that are almost in the range. Universev is one under $10/yr. I just haven't heard much about them here.

• Monsta_AU said: Universev

= scam. They've been banned from here about 4 times :)

• Oh wonderful. Just did a search... sounds charming.

• Monsta_AU said: There's a few listed on lowendserv/lowendstock that are almost in the range. Universev is one under $10/yr. I just haven't heard much about them here.

Universev.com was registered Oct 2013.
    Name other "few listed". I can't see them on LES lists.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2014

@Monsta_AU said:
    I'd hoped that was not the case, INIZ has got 1GB/50GB/500GB in NL with a v4 and a v6 for $25/yr. Surely Patrick can get closer to that sort of pricepoint for my very modest needs?

Unfortunately not. I doubt you will find any good provider still selling yearlies with ripe ips for ~10/yr.

• Never buy anything from Universev. Never.

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran

Your budget is indeed quite low. But we might be able to help you out for this time. Send us a PM if you're interested or e-mail us. This is not something we actively offer, only a possibility to help you out with your budget.

• @INIZ said:
    Unfortunately not. I doubt you will find any good provider still selling yearlies with ripe ips for ~10/yr.

What can you get down to at that sort of rate then? $15? I see that this is still available via a link on list.lowendserv: https://my.iniz.com/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

Can I get IPv6 on that? It's complete overkill for my requirements though.

edited March 2014

Ended up paring back the RAM specs a bit and went with a 256GB SSD VPS from @RamNode. Instantly activated, and I must say that the disk is stupid fast and the cPanel install is roaring along.

Their SRSLY40 code is still active, brought it down to under $15/yr.