Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
ApisCP 3.2 lifetime sale
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

ApisCP 3.2 lifetime sale

nemnem Member, Provider
edited September 21 in Offers

ApisCP 3.2 was released on August 13, a significant milestone in ApisCP development. Lifetime licenses have been added for Startup ($159, 30 domains) and Mini ($99, 10 domains) classes which are perfect complements for smaller cloud servers. Pro ($499) has no domain restrictions. A special promotion is available until October 1 to discount these above prices:

Use coupon code JOY32 at checkout for 50% off any lifetime license.

Lifetime licenses work with all future versions of ApisCP.

Since the initial release announcement, 3.2 has continued to evolve, separating Web Apps into their own modules and adding Docker support.

Multi-server support is getting a makeover next. Keep your eyes peeled on apisnetworks/cp-proxy. As requested, MSS will allow jumping between servers as admin and transparent SSO into domains on other servers.

Stay tuned! :heart:

@jh @webcraft the party has commenced

Comments

• Startup ($159, 30 domains) and Mini ($99, 10 domains)

Is the price before or after the 50% off discount?

Thanked by 1nem
  • nemnem Member, Provider

@Kiwi83 said:

Startup ($159, 30 domains) and Mini ($99, 10 domains)

Is the price before or after the 50% off discount?

Before

• @op How big is your firm? Are you a solo programmer or do you have a team? Assuming solo, do you have a business continuity plan in place should you be unable to continue? Or will people just need to abandon your product at that time?

Nothing profound to say, so I'm on LET.

• @Unbelievable said:
    @op How big is your firm? Are you a solo programmer or do you have a team? Assuming solo, do you have a business continuity plan in place should you be unable to continue? Or will people just need to abandon your product at that time?

They are not that low-end actually. Check their managed hosting brand hostineer.

@Unbelievable said:
    @op How big is your firm? Are you a solo programmer or do you have a team? Assuming solo, do you have a business continuity plan in place should you be unable to continue? Or will people just need to abandon your product at that time?

Corporation lives on, wife sells the software, retires early, then buys an island. I've been approached by plenty of suitors going back to ASO in 2011 to acquire this software, but none that align with my interests.

Whenever a creative lead leaves a company, so goes that vision. Even if I were to voluntarily step down and pursue other ventures, this platform would be a shell of its former self (cue cPanel sale). ApisCP is different; it grew its own direction as practicable problem solving. Would someone else who took over the reins have the same direction? Unlikely.

On the upside, Hostineer/Apis Networks has been around for 18 years and at 36, I still have quite a bit of gas in my tank.

• jhjh Member

Finally! I picked up a bunch. Hope the project continues to grow. If you ever need any help with anything, feel free to drop me a line.

Thanked by 1nem
  • miumiu Member
    edited September 21

@Unbelievable said:
    @op How big is your firm? Are you a solo programmer or do you have a team?

I am always surprised from questions and thinking of people as you..
    Do u really think it is so easy and 1 man can secure so bunch of work as there is visible (app, website, sale, all at once and ALONE)?

If yes, try do it!

Thanked by 2jar MechanicWeb

My FAVS / I am a fan of: HostHatch, LetBox, BuyVM, NexusBytes, Vultr, OVH, Hetzner, HostUS, HudsonVH, GeorgeDC, CrownCloud, ExtraVM | THANKS for awesome services and excellent work!

• seriesnseriesn Member, Top Provider

Just my 2 cents,

This is a solid piece of software with a very unique and non traditional approach. Not meant for a drop in Cpanel/DA replacement but rather a different way of doing things.

• When does this end?

• nevermind I'm blind.

• jarjar Provider

@miu said: If yes, try do it!

Ok.

MagicSpam blackmails providers into buying their software, and ServerHub is a professional spam organization.

• apiscp is prem.

• webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited September 22

Can we upgrade later? (e.g. mini -> startup -> pro)
    Quite expensive regarding only one support request per year. I know you need to effort your life but this is way above $7.

• Once I install a license, can I migrate the license to another server, or will I be locked forever to an IP address?
    Also, will it be possible to transfer licenses between accounts?
    Thanks.

One-click CDN server installation on your own VPS: OneClickCDN
    One-click browser-accessible Desktop environment on Linux VPS: OneClickDesktop

• @dedipromo said:
    Thanks.

Would be interesting, especially for the many (pro??) lifetime licenses generated sometime earlier.

@webcraft said: Can we upgrade later? (e.g. mini -> startup -> pro)

Sure thing. I can prorate these charges on a case-by-case basis for LET members.

Quite expensive regarding only one support request per year. I know you need to effort your life but this is way above $7.

Pro licenses include bronze support with no restrictions apart from the stipulation fair usage rules apply. That single ticket policy was in place during early development to allow me to focus on development. Nowadays there's an incredible team on Discord that does a better job of explaining things than I could ever hope to imagine. :*

Best of all, if there's a curveball that gets asked, I'm always available to help otherwise my time goes toward development.

• @nem said:

@webcraft said: Can we upgrade later? (e.g. mini -> startup -> pro)

Sure thing. I can prorate these charges on a case-by-case basis for LET members.

That's very good, thank you for thinking about the community.

Thanked by 1nem
  • @webcraft said:

@dedipromo said:
    Thanks.

Would be interesting, especially for the many (pro??) lifetime licenses generated sometime earlier.

Ok..

Any other payment options than CC? So far can only find this option. No PayPal possible?

• @webcraft said: Any other payment options than CC? So far can only find this option. No PayPal possible?

same here, hope add more option like paypal

• malikshimalikshi Member
    edited September 23

@nem said: Pro ($499) has no domain restrictions

this license only for 1 VM/server/dedicated ?
    ok

• Ponury_TypPonury_Typ Member
    edited September 23

@nem More payment gateways like PayPal would be nice. Another thing is adding a proper questionnaire about company details for the vat invoice would be a nice thing to do instead of this one text block.

@webcraft said:

@webcraft said:

@dedipromo said:
    Thanks.

Ok..

Any other payment options than CC? So far can only find this option. No PayPal possible?

@malikshi said:

@webcraft said: Any other payment options than CC? So far can only find this option. No PayPal possible?

same here, hope add more option like paypal

I can do this for lifetime licenses. Create an account on my.apiscp.com, PM me your license quantities, and email address on there for an invoice.

Hopped nodes on the demo server this morning for general cleanup + MariaDB 10.5, all's well again.

Thanked by 1coolice
  • @webcraft said:

@dedipromo said:
    Thanks.

So can these free lifetime licenses (pro edition, right?) be transferred, too?

@webcraft said:

@webcraft said:

@dedipromo said:
    Thanks.

Yes, they're all reissuable and revokable now within my.apiscp.com. The QA Pro licenses from last year were converted to Pro lifetime licenses in the last licensing portal update.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Provider

I wish this project gets some support from the community.

It could become an all in one solution to replacing cPanel + CageFS + LVE + LiteSpeed.

This advantage is also the shadow on them. They are likely to attract less light if third party plugins can't get any benefit out of it.

MechanicWeb.com - Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | KVM VPS | Dedicated Server
    NVMe SSD | cPanel | DirectAdmin | LiteSpeed | CloudLinux | MailChannels | JetBackup

• @MechanicWeb said: It could become an all in one solution to replacing cPanel + CageFS + LVE + LiteSpeed.

One size doesn't suit all. This is not a lowend control panel, IME.

Long live LowEndInfo.com

• Is there a tool to restore cpanel/DirectAdmin full backups?

My list of reliable providers :
    Ramnode : HostHatch : Dediserve : Serverica : CloudCone : OnePoundWebHosting : Vultr : Lunanode : Few more under testing!

@AlwaysSkint said: One size doesn't suit all. This is not a lowend control panel, IME.

That's true. There are enough people who don't like cPanel, so that's okay.

I am not looking for a lowend alternative. But I do hope that some control panel stands up to the level to challenge cPanel.

They have increased their prices by shattering the entire shared hosting industry. What's stopping them from a repeat if not an alternative?

MechanicWeb.com - Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | KVM VPS | Dedicated Server
    NVMe SSD | cPanel | DirectAdmin | LiteSpeed | CloudLinux | MailChannels | JetBackup

@niceboy said:
    Is there a tool to restore cpanel/DirectAdmin full backups?

For cPanel, yes - feed it a backup from cpmove.

@MechanicWeb said:

@AlwaysSkint said: One size doesn't suit all. This is not a lowend control panel, IME.

That's true. There are enough people who don't like cPanel, so that's okay.

I am not looking for a lowend alternative. But I do hope that some control panel stands up to the level to challenge cPanel.

cPanel is a terrible design from the start - account metadata in user-land, everything under public_html, single-user model, no real system users beyond main, third-party licensing for resource enforcement/1-clicks/malware, Perl technical debt, etc. cPanel rose to this level of prominence because vendors were too afraid to change their perspectives.

This panel will never be a cPanel replacement because there's opportunity to do things much better than architecture rooted in the 90s. I always advise firms moving off cPanel to take what you know about cPanel, then throw it out the door. Use Bootstrapper to hook in your custom platform changes and make liberal use of Scopes to avoid misconfiguration.

Much of ApisCP's default configuration is patterned off my hosting company over the last 18 years. That is to say, it's tuned from the start with real world experience.

• Does apiscp have reseller features or planned?

• ExonHostExonHost Member, Provider

I see you are supporting bacula backup only. Do you have plan for integrating other backup method?

ExonHost - Reliable Web Hosting Service Provider | Managed SSD Xen VPS | OpenVZ VPS
    ResellWays - Budget Shared Hosting & Reseller Hosting

@nem said: This panel will never be a cPanel replacement because there's opportunity to do things much better than architecture rooted in the 90s.

I understand when you say that. You are a panel dev and most us are just panel operators with some linux skills. So, the view you take and the one we perceive might be different. But the end goal isn't different. It is to have something that is accepted widely and lessen admin hours by automation.

I do remember the passion and love for your making that I have seen in your writing. It is something I cherish and have seen in only a handful of devs. My warmest wishes will always be for you and your panel.

• @nem , You should consider the opinions of other panel operators, it will increase the confidence and comfort of using ApisCP.
    I also hope that ApisCP Development follows the usual panel interface used by end users, as providers have a tough task of convincing their clients to accept using ApisCP.

@webcraft said:
    Does apiscp have reseller features or planned?

It's one of the three milestones before the end of the year. I'm returning to work on cp-proxy on Wednesday. After that reseller support through bless API calls that allows splitting an account to a subordinate as a reseller. Those accounts may be further subdivided because it's a simple recursion problem then. i18n will be the final major feature on target before the end of the year.

@ExonHost said:
    I see you are supporting bacula backup only. Do you have plan for integrating other backup method?

I haven't diverted effort to other approaches because Bacula works and there's a 1-click drop in that automatically configures itself. Backups that work and you can trust they work perfectly is peace of mind.

If you want to do a one-off backup, you can archive shadow/ and info/ where these are an account's data and metadata layers. Some have opted for Borg instead, but the process is the same.

@MechanicWeb said: It is to have something that is accepted widely and lessen admin hours by automation.

ApisCP is developer-first design, which provides significant tooling for automation and differentiation (Ansible, collections, Laravel). Firms that have switched have been thrilled with what ApisCP offers and the ease of customization, but it requires a deep dive to appreciate. Spin up a free 30-day trial and explore yourself!

@fbmy said:
    @nem , You should consider the opinions of other panel operators, it will increase the confidence and comfort of using ApisCP.
    I also hope that ApisCP Development follows the usual panel interface used by end users, as providers have a tough task of convincing their clients to accept using ApisCP.

Most of the chatter goes on in #feature-requests on the ApisCP Discord server. It allows me to storyboard these concerns in real-time and get a feel for the direction someone is going as well as pull in opinions from other panel operators already using ApisCP. Support questions on there are answered within minutes, which helps instill confidence and bolsters community leadership.

ApisCP isn't for everyone, but those who have made the switch - and it fits their business model - are absolutely thrilled with it. Lead, don't follow.

• hzrhzr Member, Moderator

@nem said: ApisCP is developer-first design, which provides significant tooling for automation and differentiation (Ansible, collections, Laravel). Firms that have switched have been thrilled with what ApisCP offers and the ease of customization, but it requires a deep dive to appreciate. Spin up a free 30-day trial and explore yourself!

The problem is that 99% of "web hosts" don't know their ass from a playbook and just want to curl|bash an insecure script that installs whatever shitpanel they can sell 10000 accounts on.

Thanked by 1nem
  • jhjh Member

@hzr said:

@nem said: ApisCP is developer-first design, which provides significant tooling for automation and differentiation (Ansible, collections, Laravel). Firms that have switched have been thrilled with what ApisCP offers and the ease of customization, but it requires a deep dive to appreciate. Spin up a free 30-day trial and explore yourself!

The problem is that 99% of "web hosts" don't know their ass from a playbook and just want to curl|bash an insecure script that installs whatever shitpanel they can sell 10000 accounts on.

The ones that need everything to be open source but have never written a program in their lives :)

Thanked by 1nem
  • Just wrap ansible into instal.sh :)

• @nem said:

@webcraft said:

@webcraft said:

@dedipromo said:
    Thanks.

Yes, they're all reissuable and revokable now within my.apiscp.com. The QA Pro licenses from last year were converted to Pro lifetime licenses in the last licensing portal update.

If I want to add my free license to the panel, how do I do that @nem? Thanks

• Too bad I lost my free key. How much space will this consume? Worth a second look.

edited September 28

@plumberg said:
    If I want to add my free license to the panel, how do I do that @nem? Thanks

Forward me a copy of your license.pem to [email protected] I'll shred and it convert it to a reissuable Pro lifetime license via my.apiscp.com.

@MissFortune said:
    Too bad I lost my free key. How much space will this consume? Worth a second look.

A full install occupies 7-10 GB storage whether CentOS 7 or 8. Depending upon how many sites you host (>200), metrics can occupy a few more GB over its lifetime.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited September 28

@nem
    Just fired up my VM, after many months and displays 3.1.3-10-g1c6ac04 — Latest version. I've likely missed a previous post but is this upgradable or will it require a re-install?
    (I've registered at my.apiscp.com and reading the documentation, so no need to answer the above. ;) )

"Lifetime Licence": Your license is valid and expires on Sat, 22 Nov 2087 09:24:44 -0600.
    Can/does this require conversion too?
    TIA

Long live LowEndInfo.com

@AlwaysSkint said:
    @nem
    Just fired up my VM, after many months and displays 3.1.3-10-g1c6ac04 — Latest version. I've likely missed a previous post but is this upgradable or will it require a re-install?
    (I've registered at my.apiscp.com and reading the documentation, so no need to answer the above. ;) )

"Lifetime Licence": Your license is valid and expires on Sat, 22 Nov 2087 09:24:44 -0600.
    TIA

It can be upgraded, but you'll have quite a number of migrations to replay. Reinstallation will be faster. I test builds on Vultr 2 GB high-frequency nodes, which complete around 45-55 minutes. Nexus Bytes/@seriesn has the observed record for install time at 39 minutes.

Forward me your license to [email protected] before decommissioning the machine so I can convert it to a reissuable license. Those QA licenses from last year cannot be reissued.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited September 28

@nem said: Reinstallation will be faster.

Aye, I tried to upgrade but things got messy very quickly, so had to restore from backup.
    Reinstalling, using 6 cores to begin with 'cos life's too short. :p

Long live LowEndInfo.com

@nem said:

@AlwaysSkint said:
    @nem

TIA

It can be upgraded, but you'll have quite a number of migrations to replay. Reinstallation will be faster. I test builds on Vultr 2 GB high-frequency nodes, which complete around 45-55 minutes. Nexus Bytes/@seriesn has the observed record for install time at 39 minutes.

Forward me your license to [email protected] before decommissioning the machine so I can convert it to a reissuable license. Those QA licenses from last year cannot be reissued.

Thanks for the ping @nem ! We also have a beta installer template, that can be enabled upon request :)

Thanked by 1nem
  • @seriesn You just like it 'cos it has a section called Nexus! :p

Long live LowEndInfo.com

@AlwaysSkint said:
    @seriesn You just like it 'cos it has a section called Nexus! :p

Not sure how many here remembers/would know what this gif is though :wink:

Reminder, there's 48 hours left on this sale. Sale ends October 1. Thanks to all who have made the switch so far!

I hear what you are saying. ApisCP has my interest and I would love to try it out in future.

Meanwhile, keep up the good work.

Thanked by 1nem