Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ApisCP 3.2 lifetime sale
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ApisCP 3.2 lifetime sale

nemnem Member, Host Rep
edited September 2020 in Offers

ApisCP 3.2 was released on August 13, a significant milestone in ApisCP development. Lifetime licenses have been added for Startup ($159, 30 domains) and Mini ($99, 10 domains) classes which are perfect complements for smaller cloud servers. Pro ($499) has no domain restrictions. A special promotion is available until October 1 to discount these above prices:

Use coupon code JOY32 at checkout for 50% off any lifetime license.

Lifetime licenses work with all future versions of ApisCP.

Since the initial release announcement, 3.2 has continued to evolve, separating Web Apps into their own modules and adding Docker support.

Multi-server support is getting a makeover next. Keep your eyes peeled on apisnetworks/cp-proxy. As requested, MSS will allow jumping between servers as admin and transparent SSO into domains on other servers.

Stay tuned! :heart:

@jh @webcraft the party has commenced

Comments

• Startup ($159, 30 domains) and Mini ($99, 10 domains)

Is the price before or after the 50% off discount?

Thanked by 1nem
  • nemnem Member, Host Rep

@Kiwi83 said:

Startup ($159, 30 domains) and Mini ($99, 10 domains)

Is the price before or after the 50% off discount?

Before

• @op How big is your firm? Are you a solo programmer or do you have a team? Assuming solo, do you have a business continuity plan in place should you be unable to continue? Or will people just need to abandon your product at that time?

• @Unbelievable said:
    @op How big is your firm? Are you a solo programmer or do you have a team? Assuming solo, do you have a business continuity plan in place should you be unable to continue? Or will people just need to abandon your product at that time?

They are not that low-end actually. Check their managed hosting brand hostineer.

@Unbelievable said:
    @op How big is your firm? Are you a solo programmer or do you have a team? Assuming solo, do you have a business continuity plan in place should you be unable to continue? Or will people just need to abandon your product at that time?

Corporation lives on, wife sells the software, retires early, then buys an island. I've been approached by plenty of suitors going back to ASO in 2011 to acquire this software, but none that align with my interests.

Whenever a creative lead leaves a company, so goes that vision. Even if I were to voluntarily step down and pursue other ventures, this platform would be a shell of its former self (cue cPanel sale). ApisCP is different; it grew its own direction as practicable problem solving. Would someone else who took over the reins have the same direction? Unlikely.

On the upside, Hostineer/Apis Networks has been around for 18 years and at 36, I still have quite a bit of gas in my tank.

• Finally! I picked up a bunch. Hope the project continues to grow. If you ever need any help with anything, feel free to drop me a line.

Thanked by 1nem
  • miumiu Member
    edited September 2020

@Unbelievable said:
    @op How big is your firm? Are you a solo programmer or do you have a team?

I am always surprised from questions and thinking of people as you..
    Do u really think it is so easy and 1 man can secure so bunch of work as there is visible (app, website, sale, all at once and ALONE)?

If yes, try do it!

Thanked by 2jar MechanicWeb
  • Just my 2 cents,

This is a solid piece of software with a very unique and non traditional approach. Not meant for a drop in Cpanel/DA replacement but rather a different way of doing things.

• When does this end?

• nevermind I'm blind.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@miu said: If yes, try do it!

Ok.

• apiscp is prem.

• webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited September 2020

Can we upgrade later? (e.g. mini -> startup -> pro)
    Quite expensive regarding only one support request per year. I know you need to effort your life but this is way above $7.

• Once I install a license, can I migrate the license to another server, or will I be locked forever to an IP address?
    Also, will it be possible to transfer licenses between accounts?
    Thanks.

• @dedipromo said:
    Thanks.

Would be interesting, especially for the many (pro??) lifetime licenses generated sometime earlier.

@webcraft said: Can we upgrade later? (e.g. mini -> startup -> pro)

Sure thing. I can prorate these charges on a case-by-case basis for LET members.

Quite expensive regarding only one support request per year. I know you need to effort your life but this is way above $7.

Pro licenses include bronze support with no restrictions apart from the stipulation fair usage rules apply. That single ticket policy was in place during early development to allow me to focus on development. Nowadays there's an incredible team on Discord that does a better job of explaining things than I could ever hope to imagine. :*

Best of all, if there's a curveball that gets asked, I'm always available to help otherwise my time goes toward development.

• @nem said:

@webcraft said: Can we upgrade later? (e.g. mini -> startup -> pro)

Sure thing. I can prorate these charges on a case-by-case basis for LET members.

That's very good, thank you for thinking about the community.

Thanked by 1nem
  • @webcraft said:

@dedipromo said:
    Thanks.

Would be interesting, especially for the many (pro??) lifetime licenses generated sometime earlier.

Ok..

Any other payment options than CC? So far can only find this option. No PayPal possible?

• @webcraft said: Any other payment options than CC? So far can only find this option. No PayPal possible?

same here, hope add more option like paypal

• malikshimalikshi Member
    edited September 2020

@nem said: Pro ($499) has no domain restrictions

this license only for 1 VM/server/dedicated ?
    ok

• Ponury_TypPonury_Typ Member
    edited September 2020

@nem More payment gateways like PayPal would be nice. Another thing is adding a proper questionnaire about company details for the vat invoice would be a nice thing to do instead of this one text block.

@webcraft said:

@webcraft said:

@dedipromo said:
    Thanks.

Ok..

Any other payment options than CC? So far can only find this option. No PayPal possible?

@malikshi said:

@webcraft said: Any other payment options than CC? So far can only find this option. No PayPal possible?

same here, hope add more option like paypal

I can do this for lifetime licenses. Create an account on my.apiscp.com, PM me your license quantities, and email address on there for an invoice.

Hopped nodes on the demo server this morning for general cleanup + MariaDB 10.5, all's well again.

Thanked by 1coolice
  • @webcraft said:

@dedipromo said:
    Thanks.

So can these free lifetime licenses (pro edition, right?) be transferred, too?

@webcraft said:

@webcraft said:

@dedipromo said:
    Thanks.

So can these free lifetime licenses (pro edition, right?) be transferred, too?

Yes, they're all reissuable and revokable now within my.apiscp.com. The QA Pro licenses from last year were converted to Pro lifetime licenses in the last licensing portal update.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

I wish this project gets some support from the community.

It could become an all in one solution to replacing cPanel + CageFS + LVE + LiteSpeed.

This advantage is also the shadow on them. They are likely to attract less light if third party plugins can't get any benefit out of it.

• @MechanicWeb said: It could become an all in one solution to replacing cPanel + CageFS + LVE + LiteSpeed.

One size doesn't suit all. This is not a lowend control panel, IME.

• Is there a tool to restore cpanel/DirectAdmin full backups?

• MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

@AlwaysSkint said: One size doesn't suit all. This is not a lowend control panel, IME.

That's true. There are enough people who don't like cPanel, so that's okay.

I am not looking for a lowend alternative. But I do hope that some control panel stands up to the level to challenge cPanel.

They have increased their prices by shattering the entire shared hosting industry. What's stopping them from a repeat if not an alternative?

@niceboy said:
    Is there a tool to restore cpanel/DirectAdmin full backups?

For cPanel, yes - feed it a backup from cpmove.

@MechanicWeb said:

@AlwaysSkint said: One size doesn't suit all. This is not a lowend control panel, IME.

That's true. There are enough people who don't like cPanel, so that's okay.

I am not looking for a lowend alternative. But I do hope that some control panel stands up to the level to challenge cPanel.

cPanel is a terrible design from the start - account metadata in user-land, everything under public_html, single-user model, no real system users beyond main, third-party licensing for resource enforcement/1-clicks/malware, Perl technical debt, etc. cPanel rose to this level of prominence because vendors were too afraid to change their perspectives.

This panel will never be a cPanel replacement because there's opportunity to do things much better than architecture rooted in the 90s. I always advise firms moving off cPanel to take what you know about cPanel, then throw it out the door. Use Bootstrapper to hook in your custom platform changes and make liberal use of Scopes to avoid misconfiguration.

Much of ApisCP's default configuration is patterned off my hosting company over the last 18 years. That is to say, it's tuned from the start with real world experience.