Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Budgetnode is really bad and do not reply tickets or respect customers!
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Budgetnode is really bad and do not reply tickets or respect customers!

Worst Experience of My Life with this bad company
It was my first and last time with BudgetNode. I wonder how they are running their business. Be aware of this third class web hosting company. They charge for the whole year with no necessary support. They don’t know how to treat the customers, in fact, they don’t bother to reply to support tickets either. Their servers and software are not up to date and most importantly their is in defense against DDoS attacks which does not work. They claim to have massive storage capacity but actually there is no proper SSD. I have never experienced such this service in my life. I lost my traffic and sales due to BudgetNode. I don't know who is going to pay for my loss.

BudgetNode is a trading name of Access Internet Ltd.
Company number 10219199
The address which is registered is :
Apt 3357 Chynoweth House
Trevissome Park
Truro
TR4 8UN
United Kingdom

Thanked by 3serversHQ Bertie JasonM

Stay Safe & Stay Strong

Comments

• t0ny0t0ny0 Member
    edited July 5

If thats your life's worst experience - you have had a good life.

I do have services with Budget Node and I haven't really had a bad experience with them.

But let's also add @Ishaq and @BudgetNode_LLC to the conversation, so we can hear both sides of the story.

And who's gonna pay for your loss of traffic and revenue? You. Unless you pay for SLA. Which you obviously don't.

If something is making you money - throw money back at it too. Don't get some yearly $30/yr deal and then be all angry that it failed. For stuff in production - get a server with support that matches the price tag.

• Go4MartGo4Mart Member
    edited July 5

@t0ny0 I did try to open a ticket with them few times and they didn't answer and actually they set the service to be offline even when I paid full year.

it's offline for a few days now, and they do not answer a ticket and budgetnode.com website sometimes down, and some time is up, they not stable for them as well.

It's actually a test server not for the production of course but still all development on it.

Stay Safe & Stay Strong

• dedipromodedipromo Member

TBH the OP reads like some automatically generated text for SEO. Unless you show all the proof and evidence here, there's nothing we could comment on.

Thanked by 1bdl

One-click CDN server installation on your own VPS: OneClickCDN
    One-click browser-accessible Desktop environment on Linux VPS: OneClickDesktop

• serv_eeserv_ee Member

Well if it is SEO it's a bad one.

I swear to drunk Im not god

• jarjar Provider

They claim to have massive storage capacity but actually there is no proper SSD

Nominated for strangest quote of the day

MagicSpam blackmails providers into buying their software, and ServerHub is a professional spam organization.

• DA_MarkDA_Mark Member

@Go4Mart said:
    I lost my traffic and sales due to BudgetNode. I don't know who is going to pay for my loss.

@Go4Mart said:

It's actually a test server not for the production of course but still all development on it.

• MikePTMikePT Member, Provider

@DA_Mark said:

@Go4Mart said:
    I lost my traffic and sales due to BudgetNode. I don't know who is going to pay for my loss.

@Go4Mart said:

Nice one.

• Go4MartGo4Mart Member

Yes, one of the servers with them has moved out and currently using it for the test due to the outage & lot of downtime.

Can't relay it on production anymore.

Stay Safe & Stay Strong

• Go4MartGo4Mart Member

@dedipromo said:
    TBH the OP reads like some automatically generated text for SEO. Unless you show all the proof and evidence here, there's nothing we could comment on.

[email protected] Jar said, they actually have something wrong, not just us.

@jar said:

They claim to have massive storage capacity but actually there is no proper SSD

Nominated for strangest quote of the day

Yes, but at least they should let customers know about it.

also, check the website you will get my point, it keeps getting down! actually the service provider website.

Stay Safe & Stay Strong

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Man, kids these days.

Calling that the worst life experience is like ... having PMS and calling it the worst day of your life.

There are two things that make Earth spin: Money and PMS.

• Go4MartGo4Mart Member

@t0ny0 said:
    If thats your life's worst experience - you have had a good life.

I do have services with Budget Node and I haven't really had a bad experience with them.

But let's also add @Ishaq and @BudgetNode_LLC to the conversation, so we can hear both sides of the story.

And who's gonna pay for your loss of traffic and revenue? You. Unless you pay for SLA. Which you obviously don't.

If something is making you money - throw money back at it too. Don't get some yearly $30/yr deal and then be all angry that it failed. For stuff in production - get a server with support that matches the price tag.

They sent all customers messages to state they have some issue... about the outage

So, if you already a customer you should get the message after I've started this conversation

Stay Safe & Stay Strong

• notarobonotarobo Member

• Go4MartGo4Mart Member
    edited July 6

@notarobo so what's wrong with my avatar?

and what this has to do with anything!!

Stay Safe & Stay Strong

• PwnerPwner Member

@Go4Mart said:
    notarobo so what's wrong with my avatar?

You look like a Karen, so I'm going to start calling you Karen.

Thanked by 1donko
  • DA_MarkDA_Mark Member

@Go4Mart said:

You do not deserve to be harassed. I have reported @notarobo for harassment. I have reported @deank for sexism & ageism & PMSism. I have reported @MikePT just because I think he deserves it. I have reported @Pwner for Karenism.

Could we please return to the topic? It seems BudgetNode is honest about their uptime. There are certainly uptime problems which can be viewed here: https://status.budgetnode.com/

But can you please be more specific about your sufferings? How much sales did you lose? Thousands, millions, etc? People here will be much more supportive if you can provide more specific information.

• Go4MartGo4Mart Member
    edited July 6

@DA_Mark said:

@Go4Mart said:

You do not deserve to be harassed. I have reported @notarobo for harassment. I have reported @deank for sexism & ageism & PMSism. I have reported @MikePT just because I think he deserves it. I have reported @Pwner for Karenism.

Could we please return to the topic? It seems BudgetNode is honest about their uptime. There are certainly uptime problems which can be viewed here: https://status.budgetnode.com/

But can you please be more specific about your sufferings? How much sales did you lose? Thousands, millions, etc? People here will be much more supportive if you can provide more specific information.

For sales, I did move it from it and keep the server as test server for future development still paying developers for the work it has been down for 48 hours for now.

Today we got an email as follow while service is still down and they send it after 48 hours of the service being down:

Dear Customer,
    There has been a compromise of the ASH1 host server and as such the server has been taken offline. We are preparing to reprovision the server and re-setup customer services. Unfortunately data has been lost as a result of this.

We believe this to be an isolated incident and are working to ensure customers are back online as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

We will email with further updates along with new login details.

Thank you for your cooperation.

BudgetNode Operations

They didn't state how long the service is going to be down and when it will be up again, and they stated that data has been lost, so I am not sure if they notice that in the message, as service still down and I am not sure how much loss it will be with data loss.

Thanks so much for your attention and care.

Stay Safe & Stay Strong

• DA_MarkDA_Mark Member

Well, their website does show that ASH1 is down, so it is understandable that you are frustrated by this. Recently someone complained that Vultr experienced a node failure in Seattle. It shows that such things can happen, even if you get a VPS from a large company.

Moving to a different company might not be enough. It sounds like you might need a HA (high-availability) VPS? They are more expensive, but safer.

There are many smart people here, and they are not trying to be rude. They just want to see more information & facts. :)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @Go4Mart said:

You didn't include proper details in your first post and so most people are skeptical of your issue and that you're not being truthful. It is the weekend and we don't know the contents of your tickets or the actual times you sent them.

Had you waited a little longer and posted the message that they were compromised, you'd have a lot more people joining you in bashing them and a lot more empathy. They disrupted your service, lost your data, AND gave it away (compromised).

Honestly, it would be incompetence if you didn't take your business elsewhere at this point.

Thanked by 1DA_Mark
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Provider
    edited July 6

@notarobo said:
    snip

It looks weird because it's from https://thispersondoesnotexist.com/, based off of the blending/artiacting in various spots.

Unrelated to the OP complaint, but just saying.

Thanked by 1DA_Mark

ExtraVM - AMD Ryzen VPS starting @ $3.50
    USA (TX, VA, FL), CA, FR, UK, SGP, AU

@Go4Mart said:

i like your avatar.

Thanked by 1DA_Mark
  • Go4MartGo4Mart Member

@DA_Mark said:
    Well, their website does show that ASH1 is down, so it is understandable that you are frustrated by this. Recently someone complained that Vultr experienced a node failure in Seattle. It shows that such things can happen, even if you get a VPS from a large company.

Moving to a different company might not be enough. It sounds like you might need a HA (high-availability) VPS? They are more expensive, but safer.

There are many smart people here, and they are not trying to be rude. They just want to see more information & facts. :)

Yes, they show it's down, and they explain on email fact about it and screenshot on the page and still down, I can't even access or backup the data, and might be data loss as well.

and yes, when I get mad I can't explain I was patient with them for 2 days of down of the server

@TimboJones said:

@Go4Mart said:

You didn't include proper details in your first post and so most people are skeptical of your issue and that you're not being truthful. It is the weekend and we don't know the contents of your tickets or the actual times you sent them.

Had you waited a little longer and posted the message that they were compromised, you'd have a lot more people joining you in bashing them and a lot more empathy. They disrupted your service, lost your data, AND gave it away (compromised).

Honestly, it would be incompetence if you didn't take your business elsewhere at this point.

yes, when I get mad I can't explain I was patient with them for 2 days of down of the server

the data is on the server which still down, and can't access it and I did not backup it yet, so I am still mad, and can't even take all data yet.

Still offline, so I am sure I did learn my lesson from this and do not ever pay yearly again, I could pay monthly at another web hosting company.

Stay Safe & Stay Strong

• PHDanPHDan Member

The long and short is:

Ishaq doesn't have anything to do with LET now days.
    BudgetNode doesn't advertise here.
    You haven't inflicted any damage to either Ishaq or BN, and in fact you've provided more advertisement for him for free. Each post puts more money in his pocket. Keep it going!

Lastly, no one believes you're the computer created image in your avatar.

@PHDan said:
    Lastly, no one believes you're the computer created image in your avatar.

i am sad.

• jsgjsg Member
    edited July 6

@Go4Mart said:
    the data is on the server which still down, and can't access it and I did not backup it yet, so I am still mad, and can't even take all data yet.

backup is prevention - not mitigation.

You should always act based on the assumption that your server/service could break down and that your data could get lost - even with good providers. So the value of your data to you should also inform your backup (or even mirroring) scheme, not just how angry you get when loosing data.

You told about some payed developers working for you/with the data that seem to be lost now. Certainly those developers are by far more expensive than even an expensive VPS -> so do always backup your data! according to the value you attribute to it.

Thanked by 1SmallWeb

Thanks no.

• WebProjectWebProject Member, Provider

@Go4Mart said: I lost my traffic and sales due to BudgetNode. I don't know who is going to pay for my loss.

you will be able to claim for uptime as they do advertise: 99.9% uptime guarantee - never worry about downtime and customer service, if they can't be bothered to reply after week, open a dispute / chargeback they definitely will response to you and report to trading standards as service is not as described:
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/get-more-help/report-to-trading-standards/
    https://ssl.datamotion.com/form.aspx?co=3438&frm=general&to=flare.fromforms

VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN-HVM VPS Plans
    Are you looking for best price for self-managed VPS? See WebProVPS website for more details.
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited July 6

if you resell, at least get a fucking dedicated server which you are in control of and can setup/manage RAID.

OVH sells those 30€/m (or even less during summer) at SoYouStart.

• jackbjackb Member, Provider
    edited July 6

@Go4Mart said:
    For sales, I did move it from it and keep the server as test server for future development still paying developers for the work it has been down for 48 hours for now.

The only thing it should block is deployment to staging, if anything. Your devs should be able to continue work locally. If they can't, there's something seriously wrong with your procedures.

Best practice would be to treat your staging environment as cattle, not pets. You should be able to spin up another staging environment and redeploy easily.

Afterburst - Awesome OpenVZ&KVM VPS in US+EU

• thedpthedp Member

@Pwner said:

@Go4Mart said:

She looks like an Amy here though.

Thanked by 2simonindia Pwner

IT/Hosting-related & Miscellaneous Domain Names For Sale!
    Interested in acquiring any of the domain names above? Please send me a PM here, or on Discord (DP#3914).

• @thedp said:

@Pwner said:

@Go4Mart said:

She looks like an Amy here though.

Yep.

Make your choice on your own But i can help you to make them right.

• JarryJarry Member

That does not mean OP is wrong. But if we do not want to hear similar stories, just modify LET-rules so that no criticism is allowed. If that's the way we want to go...

• t0ny0t0ny0 Member
    edited July 6

@Jarry said:
    That does not mean OP is wrong. But if we do not want to hear similar stories, just modify LET-rules so that no criticism is allowed. If that's the way we want to go...

What?
    Criticism is always welcome, but if your story makes no sense - then its no longer criticism, it's just throwing shit at the wall. And it will get the appropriate response.

Case and point:

@DA_Mark said:

@Go4Mart said:

@Go4Mart said:

• SmallWebSmallWeb Member, Provider
    edited July 6

The weirdest thing here is OP complained what.. 3 months ago? But stayed with them for that 3 months anyway?

Michael from SmallWeb - Support is only offered via ticket/email.

• kfishkfish Member
    edited July 6

Absolute bollocks, will never order from them again. Service outage, data loss, and all the data has been exposed to whoever compromised the server. That's a bit crap, but whatever, I could accept it for the cheap price. Despite renewing my VPS service just 5 days ago, they refuse to cancel my service and issue a refund (only $12). Gonna make a paypal dispute and just avoid them in the future.

(This incident aside, their actual servers have been adequate the past few years, but I can no longer trust them to run their servers securely.)

Their responses:

I'm sorry but our server being compromised does not equate to defective or not as described services

I can assure you even the most premium and secure hosting providers out there get compromised

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited July 6

@SmallWeb said:
    The weirdest thing here is OP complained what.. 3 months ago? But stayed with them for that 3 months anyway?

That's how abusive relationships go.

P.S. Looks like OP made another account or asked a pal to vouch for him. Poor kid.

There are two things that make Earth spin: Money and PMS.

• PHDanPHDan Member

@kfish said: Gonna make a paypal dispute and just avoid them in the future.

Welcome to FraudRecord!

• kfishkfish Member

@PHDan said:
    Welcome to FraudRecord!

What would be fraudulent about opening a dispute? It's been 5 days since I renewed a 12-month service, my data has already been lost and exposed, and they are no longer able to meet their "99.9% uptime guarantee" from the current 48-hour downtime.

• The address is a virtual address via scanmypost.co.uk. They are going out of business, so that address won't exist anymore.

Where words fail, music speaks. (Hans Christian Andersen)
    Adapt or perish, now as ever, is nature's inexorable imperative. (HG Wells)

• PHDanPHDan Member

@kfish said: It's been 5 days since I renewed a 12-month service

Is there a cooling off period in the contract? If not, tough shit.

@kfish said: my data has already been lost and exposed

Is there a waranty of security? If not, tough shit.

@kfish said: "99.9% uptime guarantee"

What does the TOS say about that gurantee? Did you not read the TOS before you sent your payment?

PayPal chargebacks are the sign of a cunt. FraudRecord is the douche for your cuntiness.

• kfishkfish Member

@PHDan said:
    PayPal chargebacks are the sign of a cunt. FraudRecord is the douche for your cuntiness.

I understand what you're saying, although I didn't feel the attitude or hostility was really a requirement here.

While their TOS do state that refunds are only applicable under certain circumstances (which mine do not fall under), there are still local laws and regulations which apply — a TOS can't overrule local laws. In addition, while the TOS doesn't specifically state an uptime guarantee, their website does ("we guarantee 99.9% uptime"), which would be false advertising at the very least.

I don't understand how you could support them under these circumstances. They've failed to run a hosting service properly and keep it secure. I'm not asking for any extra money, just to cancel my only-just-renewed service and refund the cost of future unused days.

• WSCallumWSCallum Member, Provider

@kfish said:

@PHDan said:

I understand what you're saying, although I didn't feel the attitude or hostility was really a requirement here.

While their TOS do state that refunds are only applicable under certain circumstances (which mine do not fall under), there are still local laws and regulations which apply — a TOS can't overrule local laws. In addition, while the TOS doesn't specifically state an uptime guarantee, their website does ("we guarantee 99.9% uptime"), which would be false advertising at the very least.

I don't understand how you could support them under these circumstances. They've failed to run a hosting service properly and keep it secure. I'm not asking for any extra money, just to cancel my only-just-renewed service and refund the cost of future unused days.

An uptime guarantee is usually backed by an SLA resulting in some form of refund in the event of breach of this guarantee, this is usually to client credit or in the form of extension of the service due date, again depending on SLA.

Opening a dispute over $12 isn't really worth it for the amount of hassle you can potentially cause yourself not just now, but also with future providers - The vast majority won't touch you with a bargepole if you're dispute happy (regardless of the reason for opening said dispute).

If there's a 99.9% uptime guarantee, you need to question this and query what the SLA is and what their intentions are in terms of reimbursing you for not meeting their guarantee.

Clouveo - SSD Cloud Servers & Hosting
    AMD EPYC Powered | DDoS Protected | Snapshots | Auto Backups

• PHDanPHDan Member

@kfish said: there are still local laws and regulations which apply

The laws and regulations of the United Kingdom, per the terms you agreed to.

@kfish said: I don't understand how you could support them under these circumstances.

I don't have an opinion one way or another. Ishaq is good, and Ishaq is bad. This topic was started by an asshat with an axe to grind as a hitpiece. You showed up looking like a sockpuppet (new account, posting now that the OP has gone quiet) and threw out the "IMMA CHAERGBACK" card, and you get what you give.

• kfishkfish Member

@PHDan

I'll be completely honest with you, I don't know who Ishaq is. Only reason I came here (and created an account) is to see what others were saying in regards to the recent incident with BudgetNode (and provide my personal experience) — I even stated in my first post that I was satisfied with their service and pricing, up until now. Only reason I moved onto a dispute (which isn't a direct chargeback - I assume paypal review the individual cases) was because I felt their handling of the situation was unsatisfactory, and I'd rather not be locked into their service for another 12 months given their lack of security. That being said, if you and others genuinely believe I'm in the wrong here, I can drop the dispute. I would've personally expected better customer service for issues like this, but I guess you get what you pay for.

• kfishkfish Member

@WSCallum
    I was initially hoping that asking for a refund wouldn't be too difficult for them, given I had only just renewed my yearly subscription to the VPS. I wouldn't expect them to do the same if I was, say 6 months into the subscription. But after only 4 days of use (2 with an outage), I was hoping they'd be able to provide a cancellation and refund so I could take my business elsewhere.

I appreciate your response though, I'll see what they respond with as a resolution before escalating any disputes.

• PHDanPHDan Member

@kfish said: Only reason I moved onto a dispute

With PayPal you have to declare one of two things to open a dispute:

Item Not Received (INR). In this case, the buyer is claiming they ordered and paid for an item but didn’t receive it.
    Significantly Not As Described (SNAD). In this type of claim, the buyer is stating the item they received is significantly different than they expected, based on the seller’s description. For instance, maybe the buyer ordered a red sweater but received a blue one instead.

Neither of those situations apply here so the dispute is based on false claims.

@kfish said: asking for a refund wouldn't be too difficult for them

Doesn't matter if it's 5 minutes or 5 months. Once it's processed it's done. PayPal takes their cut of fees and that's that. You may get your full amount refunded but the merchant doesn't get fees back. The merchant gets to lose money for having you as a customer.

Disputes and chargebacks are there for true fraud, not for tempertantrums.

Note: Chargebacks cost $20 in PayPal fees to the merchant so if you do chargeback then you will be on FraudRecord and rightly so.

• kfishkfish Member
    edited July 6

@PHDan

Having been on the receiving end of PayPal disputes myself, the $20 fee only applies to credit card reversals, not disputes through the platform. I have also given them the opportunity to refund me themselves, which also reverses the transaction fees (unless things have since changed). I'd even be okay if they just took the transaction fees off the refunded amount and did a partial refund.

Unfortunately I can't remember what options came up when opening the dispute, but they had an option for services/intangible products which are not as described. I'll wait to see what BN offer as a resolution before proceeding with any disputes, but I'm not happy with them in terms of customer service at all. I'd have expected them to be able to process a refund in cases like this.

• PHDanPHDan Member

@kfish said: not as described.

That's the SNAD, which specifically says the item is different than described by the seller. Everything you received is as described. You just feel like it should be something different.

@kfish said: which also reverses the transaction fees

Nope, not for a while now:

Will I get my transaction fee back?

If you issue a refund for goods or services, there are no fees to issue the refund, but the fees you originally paid as the seller are not returned to you. The amount of the refunded payment will be deducted from your PayPal account. Note that you can refund the entire amount of a transaction or portions of it, and that the default refund period is 180 days from the transaction date.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/common-questions-about-issuing-refunds-faq3214

• kfishkfish Member
    edited July 6

@PHDan

Alright, seems they changed their policies on refunds. Still, I'd be happy for them to refund me, minus the transaction fees and 4 days of server time if it's really that big of a loss for them.

In the PayPal UI, the dispute option is listed as "Item is not as described" and doesn't explain how far different it needs to be from the description. I figured failing to meet the "guaranteed" uptime and failing to maintain security of my VPS's data would come under that (I certainly can't imagine anyone would be satisfied with a hosting provider where such an incident occurs).

Perhaps I am in the wrong though, I honestly didn't expect a negative response when I made my initial comment. I'll just keep watching the situation and see what they offer.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Moderator

@Go4Mart said: It was my first and last time with BudgetNode.

I'm reading this as a Harrison Ford Bladerunner voiceover.

Thanked by 1SmallWeb

For LET support, please visit the support desk.

• PHDanPHDan Member

@kfish said: Still, I'd be happy for them to refund me, minus the transaction fees and 4 days of server time

Great, agree completely. The fees, the time used, the time it takes to manually refund, the time now needed to deal with your dispute on PayPal and provide documentation to PayPal to counter your dispute should come out to about $12 so carrying the 8 and moving the decimal, would get you $0 back.