Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Budgetnode is really bad and do not reply tickets or respect customers!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Budgetnode is really bad and do not reply tickets or respect customers!

Worst Experience of My Life with this bad company
It was my first and last time with BudgetNode. I wonder how they are running their business. Be aware of this third class web hosting company. They charge for the whole year with no necessary support. They don’t know how to treat the customers, in fact, they don’t bother to reply to support tickets either. Their servers and software are not up to date and most importantly their is in defense against DDoS attacks which does not work. They claim to have massive storage capacity but actually there is no proper SSD. I have never experienced such this service in my life. I lost my traffic and sales due to BudgetNode. I don't know who is going to pay for my loss.

BudgetNode is a trading name of Access Internet Ltd.
Company number 10219199
The address which is registered is :
Apt 3357 Chynoweth House
Trevissome Park
Truro
TR4 8UN
United Kingdom

Comments

• edited July 2020

If thats your life's worst experience - you have had a good life.

I do have services with Budget Node and I haven't really had a bad experience with them.

But let's also add @Ishaq and @BudgetNode_LLC to the conversation, so we can hear both sides of the story.

And who's gonna pay for your loss of traffic and revenue? You. Unless you pay for SLA. Which you obviously don't.

If something is making you money - throw money back at it too. Don't get some yearly $30/yr deal and then be all angry that it failed. For stuff in production - get a server with support that matches the price tag.

• Go4MartGo4Mart Member
    edited July 2020

@t0ny0 I did try to open a ticket with them few times and they didn't answer and actually they set the service to be offline even when I paid full year.

it's offline for a few days now, and they do not answer a ticket and budgetnode.com website sometimes down, and some time is up, they not stable for them as well.

It's actually a test server not for the production of course but still all development on it.

• TBH the OP reads like some automatically generated text for SEO. Unless you show all the proof and evidence here, there's nothing we could comment on.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • Well if it is SEO it's a bad one.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

They claim to have massive storage capacity but actually there is no proper SSD

Nominated for strangest quote of the day

• @Go4Mart said:
    I lost my traffic and sales due to BudgetNode. I don't know who is going to pay for my loss.

@Go4Mart said:

It's actually a test server not for the production of course but still all development on it.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@DA_Mark said:

@Go4Mart said:
    I lost my traffic and sales due to BudgetNode. I don't know who is going to pay for my loss.

@Go4Mart said:

Nice one.

• Yes, one of the servers with them has moved out and currently using it for the test due to the outage & lot of downtime.

Can't relay it on production anymore.

• @dedipromo said:
    TBH the OP reads like some automatically generated text for SEO. Unless you show all the proof and evidence here, there's nothing we could comment on.

As@ Jar said, they actually have something wrong, not just us.

@jar said:

They claim to have massive storage capacity but actually there is no proper SSD

Nominated for strangest quote of the day

Yes, but at least they should let customers know about it.

also, check the website you will get my point, it keeps getting down! actually the service provider website.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Man, kids these days.

Calling that the worst life experience is like ... having PMS and calling it the worst day of your life.

• @t0ny0 said:
    If thats your life's worst experience - you have had a good life.

I do have services with Budget Node and I haven't really had a bad experience with them.

But let's also add @Ishaq and @BudgetNode_LLC to the conversation, so we can hear both sides of the story.

And who's gonna pay for your loss of traffic and revenue? You. Unless you pay for SLA. Which you obviously don't.

If something is making you money - throw money back at it too. Don't get some yearly $30/yr deal and then be all angry that it failed. For stuff in production - get a server with support that matches the price tag.

They sent all customers messages to state they have some issue... about the outage

So, if you already a customer you should get the message after I've started this conversation

• Go4MartGo4Mart Member
    edited July 2020

@notarobo so what's wrong with my avatar?

and what this has to do with anything!!

• PwnerPwner Member

@Go4Mart said:
    notarobo so what's wrong with my avatar?

You look like a Karen, so I'm going to start calling you Karen.

Thanked by 1donko
  • @Go4Mart said:

You do not deserve to be harassed. I have reported @notarobo for harassment. I have reported @deank for sexism & ageism & PMSism. I have reported @MikePT just because I think he deserves it. I have reported @Pwner for Karenism.

Could we please return to the topic? It seems BudgetNode is honest about their uptime. There are certainly uptime problems which can be viewed here: https://status.budgetnode.com/

But can you please be more specific about your sufferings? How much sales did you lose? Thousands, millions, etc? People here will be much more supportive if you can provide more specific information.

• Go4MartGo4Mart Member
    edited July 2020

@DA_Mark said:

@Go4Mart said:

You do not deserve to be harassed. I have reported @notarobo for harassment. I have reported @deank for sexism & ageism & PMSism. I have reported @MikePT just because I think he deserves it. I have reported @Pwner for Karenism.

Could we please return to the topic? It seems BudgetNode is honest about their uptime. There are certainly uptime problems which can be viewed here: https://status.budgetnode.com/

But can you please be more specific about your sufferings? How much sales did you lose? Thousands, millions, etc? People here will be much more supportive if you can provide more specific information.

For sales, I did move it from it and keep the server as test server for future development still paying developers for the work it has been down for 48 hours for now.

Today we got an email as follow while service is still down and they send it after 48 hours of the service being down:

Dear Customer,
    There has been a compromise of the ASH1 host server and as such the server has been taken offline. We are preparing to reprovision the server and re-setup customer services. Unfortunately data has been lost as a result of this.

We believe this to be an isolated incident and are working to ensure customers are back online as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

We will email with further updates along with new login details.

Thank you for your cooperation.

BudgetNode Operations

They didn't state how long the service is going to be down and when it will be up again, and they stated that data has been lost, so I am not sure if they notice that in the message, as service still down and I am not sure how much loss it will be with data loss.

Thanks so much for your attention and care.

• Well, their website does show that ASH1 is down, so it is understandable that you are frustrated by this. Recently someone complained that Vultr experienced a node failure in Seattle. It shows that such things can happen, even if you get a VPS from a large company.

Moving to a different company might not be enough. It sounds like you might need a HA (high-availability) VPS? They are more expensive, but safer.

There are many smart people here, and they are not trying to be rude. They just want to see more information & facts. :)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @Go4Mart said:

You didn't include proper details in your first post and so most people are skeptical of your issue and that you're not being truthful. It is the weekend and we don't know the contents of your tickets or the actual times you sent them.

Had you waited a little longer and posted the message that they were compromised, you'd have a lot more people joining you in bashing them and a lot more empathy. They disrupted your service, lost your data, AND gave it away (compromised).

Honestly, it would be incompetence if you didn't take your business elsewhere at this point.

Thanked by 1DA_Mark
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2020

@notarobo said:
    snip

It looks weird because it's from https://thispersondoesnotexist.com/, based off of the blending/artiacting in various spots.

Unrelated to the OP complaint, but just saying.

Thanked by 2DA_Mark Edmond
  • @Go4Mart said:

i like your avatar.

Thanked by 1DA_Mark
  • @DA_Mark said:
    Well, their website does show that ASH1 is down, so it is understandable that you are frustrated by this. Recently someone complained that Vultr experienced a node failure in Seattle. It shows that such things can happen, even if you get a VPS from a large company.

Moving to a different company might not be enough. It sounds like you might need a HA (high-availability) VPS? They are more expensive, but safer.

There are many smart people here, and they are not trying to be rude. They just want to see more information & facts. :)

Yes, they show it's down, and they explain on email fact about it and screenshot on the page and still down, I can't even access or backup the data, and might be data loss as well.

and yes, when I get mad I can't explain I was patient with them for 2 days of down of the server

@TimboJones said:

@Go4Mart said:

You didn't include proper details in your first post and so most people are skeptical of your issue and that you're not being truthful. It is the weekend and we don't know the contents of your tickets or the actual times you sent them.

Had you waited a little longer and posted the message that they were compromised, you'd have a lot more people joining you in bashing them and a lot more empathy. They disrupted your service, lost your data, AND gave it away (compromised).

Honestly, it would be incompetence if you didn't take your business elsewhere at this point.

yes, when I get mad I can't explain I was patient with them for 2 days of down of the server

the data is on the server which still down, and can't access it and I did not backup it yet, so I am still mad, and can't even take all data yet.

Still offline, so I am sure I did learn my lesson from this and do not ever pay yearly again, I could pay monthly at another web hosting company.

• PHDanPHDan Member

The long and short is:

Ishaq doesn't have anything to do with LET now days.
    BudgetNode doesn't advertise here.
    You haven't inflicted any damage to either Ishaq or BN, and in fact you've provided more advertisement for him for free. Each post puts more money in his pocket. Keep it going!

Lastly, no one believes you're the computer created image in your avatar.

• @PHDan said:
    Lastly, no one believes you're the computer created image in your avatar.

i am sad.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited July 2020

@Go4Mart said:
    the data is on the server which still down, and can't access it and I did not backup it yet, so I am still mad, and can't even take all data yet.

backup is prevention - not mitigation.

You should always act based on the assumption that your server/service could break down and that your data could get lost - even with good providers. So the value of your data to you should also inform your backup (or even mirroring) scheme, not just how angry you get when loosing data.

You told about some payed developers working for you/with the data that seem to be lost now. Certainly those developers are by far more expensive than even an expensive VPS -> so do always backup your data! according to the value you attribute to it.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Go4Mart said: I lost my traffic and sales due to BudgetNode. I don't know who is going to pay for my loss.

you will be able to claim for uptime as they do advertise: 99.9% uptime guarantee - never worry about downtime and customer service, if they can't be bothered to reply after week, open a dispute / chargeback they definitely will response to you and report to trading standards as service is not as described:
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/get-more-help/report-to-trading-standards/
    https://ssl.datamotion.com/form.aspx?co=3438&frm=general&to=flare.fromforms

Thanked by 1Go4Mart
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited July 2020

if you resell, at least get a fucking dedicated server which you are in control of and can setup/manage RAID.

OVH sells those 30€/m (or even less during summer) at SoYouStart.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2020

@Go4Mart said:
    For sales, I did move it from it and keep the server as test server for future development still paying developers for the work it has been down for 48 hours for now.

The only thing it should block is deployment to staging, if anything. Your devs should be able to continue work locally. If they can't, there's something seriously wrong with your procedures.

Best practice would be to treat your staging environment as cattle, not pets. You should be able to spin up another staging environment and redeploy easily.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Pwner said:

@Go4Mart said:

She looks like an Amy here though.

Thanked by 2simonindia Pwner
  • @thedp said:

@Pwner said:

@Go4Mart said:

She looks like an Amy here though.

Yep.