Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Job Offer: Outside Sales Representative (Spry Servers)
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Job Offer: Outside Sales Representative (Spry Servers)

SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Provider
edited May 22 in General

Job will entail following up and reaching out to existing leads to make sales, seeking new leads and answering live chats. Freedom to work from home. No location requirements.

Requirements:
- Great with people
- Sales experience
- Some experience in the tech industry. Sales or otherwise.
- Social media experience
- Experience with e-mail marketing and associated software such as MailChimp
- English speaking
- A computer and access to the internet

Preferred:
- Experience in the web hosting industry
- Experience with sales in the web hosting industry
- Familiarity with hosting software such as Plesk, SolusVM, WHMCS
- Familiarity with hosting technologies
- Bi/Tri-lingual (Hindi, Spanish, Russian, Mandarin preferred. Any additional language is a plus.)

Job is 100% commission based. Commissions are recurring, for as long as the client maintains the service. 1st month of any client's service comes with a commission bonus of anywhere between 20%-100%.

DM me for more info.

Tab Fitts | Founder/CEO - Spry Servers
SSD Shared Hosting || VPS || Dedicated Servers || Network Status || PHX1 LG || DAL1 LG ||1-844-799-HOST (4678)

Comments

• NyrNyr Member

@SpryServers_Tab said:

Job is 100% commission based.

So this is an affiliate program, not a job offer. And certainly illegal in lots of Western countries, maybe not in the Land of the Free?

Thanked by 2sayem314 sithrebel15
  • SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Provider
    edited May 22

@Nyr said:

@SpryServers_Tab said:

So this is an affiliate program, not a job offer. And certainly illegal in lots of Western countries, maybe not in the Land of the Free?

No, it's considered a job here in the US. It's actually the most common type of sales job here.

We also have an "affiliate" program, however that's completely different than this offer.

SSD Shared Hosting || VPS || Dedicated Servers || Network Status || PHX1 LG || DAL1 LG ||1-844-799-HOST (4678)

• sdglhmsdglhm Member

Nyr said: So this is an affiliate program, not a job offer. And certainly illegal in lots of Western countries, maybe not in the Land of the Free?

Was thinking the same. Even here, you cannot name 100% commission based thing as a job offer.

Looking for a developer for your next project? - Hire me

• HassanHassan Member, Provider

I assume this isn't meant to be a full time role. The person will likely be paid as a contractor.

• james50ajames50a Member

At least in Canada you have to have a base pay to my knowledge. Otherwise not really a job offer as you work for yourself essentially

Thanked by 1sayem314
  • thedpthedp Member

Guess this is one for the freelancers.

• ChievoChievo Member

@thedp said:

The freelancer is working on a project . Where is the project ? Spend 40 hours and get the commission ? The end definitely is nigh

Thanked by 2imok sayem314
  • sdglhmsdglhm Member
    edited May 22

james50a said: At least in Canada you have to have a base pay to my knowledge.

Yup. It's around 11CAD. If you're aiming for the lowest allowed wage,

Let's say you're a good salesman and sell only the highest valued Shared hosting services.

It's is priced at 19.99USD and since it stated that commission is between 20%-100% we all know that 90% of the time it's 20%

So you'd need to sell two 19.99USD priced hosting packages each hour to get the minimum wage.

That's 80 packages per week. I'm sold.

It's 12:05AM here. So ignore any math errors please

• servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Provider

I think there are some challenges in this model
    how you will be able to distinguish the sales from the sales person vs sales coming through other channels ?

usually this model work for people doing sales B2B where the sale amount is substantial and it is manually handled , but in this case what if the sales person added a post here about new offer how you are planning to pay them for such act ?

VPS and Cloud hosting at
    http://servarica.com

• thedpthedp Member

@Chievo said:

@thedp said:

The freelancer is working on a project . Where is the project ? Spend 40 hours and get the commission ? The end definitely is nigh

Well, it depends. Not ALL freelancers are project-based.

Point is, they're not hiring, not even contract-based, and whoever takes this up will not be employed by the company and will remain self-employed, hence why I personally think this is for freelancers.

• sdglhmsdglhm Member

thedp said: hence why I personally think this is for freelancers.

Yes but

SpryServers_Tab said: following up and reaching out to existing leads to make sales, seeking new leads and answering live chats.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Provider

@james50a said:
    At least in Canada you have to have a base pay to my knowledge. Otherwise not really a job offer as you work for yourself essentially

From my understanding in the U.S. commission jobs get base pay as well, at least for most common big companies. It's definitely a contractor/freelance job getting 100% commission. I think you'd end up getting more sales with a base pay as well, or you'd just be cycling through people who end up spamming online, not getting any sales, then leaving each week, and besides that it would give you a bad reputation.

Thanked by 1sithrebel15

ExtraVM - AMD Ryzen VPS starting @ $3.50
    USA (TX, VA, FL), CA, FR, UK, SGP, AU, RU

• thedpthedp Member

@MikeA said:

@james50a said:

From my understanding in the U.S. commission jobs get base pay as well, at least for most common big companies. It's definitely a contractor/freelance job getting 100% commission. I think you'd end up getting more sales with a base pay as well, or you'd just be cycling through people who end up spamming online, not getting any sales, then leaving each week, and besides that it would give you a bad reputation.

Exactly.

Infact, even with a small base pay and maybe some contract might just be better for both parties.

@thedp said:

@MikeA said:

@james50a said:

Exactly.

Infact, even with a small base pay and maybe some contract might just be better for both parties.

There would be a contract. Candidates would be 1099 contractors.

It's not a full-time job, and the "answering live chat" is not required. It's just another way for the person to get leads and an opportunity to make sales.

This would be something you can do as much as you like or as little as you like.

• NeoonNeoon Member

Well, there is a reason why you see not much job offers on LET.
    Most of them get destroyed due to either low payment or not even telling you how much you will get paid.

Reminds me of some providers that sold gameservers and and stuff, they hired 13 year old to do support and paid them with a 20$ gameserver per month.

They ended up getting a lot of shitstorm but yea.

Just to be clear:

In the United States, both contractors and outside sales rep positions are exempted from minimum wage.

I guess I should say: "Job offer applies to locations where 100% commission based jobs allowed"

• MikeAMikeA Member, Provider

@Neoon said:
    they hired 13 year old to do support and paid them with a 20$ gameserver per month.

Sounds legal enough.

ExtraVM - AMD Ryzen VPS starting @ $3.50
    USA (TX, VA, FL), CA, FR, UK, SGP, AU, RU

• @SpryServers_Tab
    1. Willing to sign a properly drafted legal contract in the state where your LLC or Incorporation took place?
    2. What is the commission percentage and how much is subject to your discretionary holdback for the inevitable chargebacks?

From the contractor side of the equation (assuming 1099)
    1. You do not qualify for unemployment when there is a burst.net, GVH, hostdoc, VortexNode situation or the OP just closes sho and takes a job with another company.
    2. Does commission survive your employment (ie you quit or they fire you for being too expensive).
    3. Does it survive the acquisition of the company.
    4. You don't get vacation time
    5. Compare to jobs at amazon- warehouse human robot -15 hr, Kelly services iOS remote tech 17.50, conduent 11/hr as an employee
    6. as a 1099 you pay both halves of social security.
    7. $15 as employee is 16.75 as a 1099 contractor (at least).
    8. Job contains 3 things- 2 that are usually paid for- chat support and mailchimp.
    9. if truly supporting languages- why no google translated site?
    10. What marketing budget will you get for these languages?
    11. Who will you share the leads with?

Just think it all through since post was vague. The risk is 100% on contractor and no company risk.

Nothing profound to say, so I'm on LET.

@Unbelievable said:
    @SpryServers_Tab
    1. Willing to sign a properly drafted legal contract in the state where your LLC or Incorporation took place?
    2. What is the commission percentage and how much is subject to your discretionary holdback for the inevitable chargebacks?

From the contractor side of the equation (assuming 1099)
    1. You do not qualify for unemployment when there is a burst.net, GVH, hostdoc, VortexNode situation or the OP just closes sho and takes a job with another company.
    2. Does commission survive your employment (ie you quit or they fire you for being too expensive).
    3. Does it survive the acquisition of the company.
    4. You don't get vacation time
    5. Compare to jobs at amazon- warehouse human robot -15 hr, Kelly services iOS remote tech 17.50, conduent 11/hr as an employee
    6. as a 1099 you pay both halves of social security.
    7. $15 as employee is 16.75 as a 1099 contractor (at least).
    8. Job contains 3 things- 2 that are usually paid for- chat support and mailchimp.
    9. if truly supporting languages- why no google translated site?
    10. What marketing budget will you get for these languages?
    11. Who will you share the leads with?

Just think it all through since post was vague. The risk is 100% on contractor and no company risk.

These are all things I'd go over with someone who reaches out with interest. There will indeed be a legal contract drafted.

• UnbelievableUnbelievable Member
    edited May 22

also, if someone sells 10/mo of services - what happens when customer increases spend to 100/mo? does sales rep get anything? As you know, any prudent non-impulsive company will start with a low spend as a test- then increase based on performance. If only paying for 1st sales, there would either be an incentive to oversell or undersell/minimize effort.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems you are seeking foreign based individuals with a different cost structure?

Also, from the other forum regarding people out of work. They should apply for pandemic unemployment assistance first and regular unemployment. Even foodstamps is min of 194 a month.

100% commission is a brutal gamble for those out of work or those who need money in spare time. Delivering pizza is a more realistic side hustle with a guaranteed base. I would never accept 100% risk for commission from a young company in a brutal industry with high client turnover in 1st year of any new client.

@Unbelievable said:
    also, if someone sells 10/mo of services - what happens when customer increases spend to 100/mo? does sales rep get anything? As you know, any prudent non-impulsive company will start with a low spend as a test- then increase based on performance. If only paying for 1st sales, there would either be an incentive to oversell or undersell/minimize effort.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems you are seeking foreign based individuals with a different cost structure?

Also, from the other forum regarding people out of work. They should apply for pandemic unemployment assistance first and regular unemployment. Even foodstamps is min of 194 a month.

100% commission is a brutal gamble for those out of work or those who need money in spare time. Delivering pizza is a more realistic side hustle with a guaranteed base. I would never accept 100% risk for commission from a young company in a brutal industry with high client turnover in 1st year of any new client.

Again, many of these things are details that would be gone over individually.

No, we're seeking anywhere commission based is legal, especially in the US.

This isn't intended to be a full time job. It's a job to work when you want, where you want, how you want. There are no minimum sales requirements or quotas, yet there will be bonuses.

We're 7 years old, and have continually grown in the industry.

edited May 22

It's still 100% risk to contractor and zero risk to you (with minimal outlay for a proforma contract).

All 1099 contractors must be when you want how you want where you want - according to IRS rules for contractors (at least 14 tests for 1099 contractor status) - so thats just standard stuff

edited May 22

@Unbelievable said:
    It's still 100% risk to contractor and zero risk to you (with minimal outlay for a proforma contract)

Your point is?

I'm not forcing anyone to do it. Of course I'm going to minimize my risk.

• ChievoChievo Member

@Unbelievable said:
    It's still 100% risk to contractor and zero risk to you (with minimal outlay for a proforma contract)

He is a CEO. A businessman !!! OMG

Thanked by 1SpryServers_Tab
  • @SpryServers_Tab said:

@Unbelievable said:

Your point is?

It's a fools errand to pursue anything without equitable risk - I can virtually guarantee someone at target, walmart, amazon, wendys, dominos, pizzahut - would out earn this job and have less personal risk.

@Chievo said:

@Unbelievable said:

Thank you for understanding this. :tongue:

• Honestly you are trying to find someone down on their luck and take advantage of them with a lopsided deal Mr. CEO where they bust their ass answering chats and sending mailchimps into a market you have not penetrated in the hopes of finding clients in risky markets that wont chargeback. If they do chargeback - too bad, so sad, commission clawback time. Yes, we all all understand the deal you are offering.

@Unbelievable said:

@SpryServers_Tab said:

@Unbelievable said:

Your point is?

It's a fools errand to pursue anything without equitable risk - I can virtually guarantee someone at target, walmart, amazon, wendys, dominos, pizzahut - would out earn this job and have less personal risk.

I don't disagree with you about pursuing things without equitable risk. There's plenty of risk that's taken. However, minimizing risk is also a big part of success.

• You have no risk other than contract cost. zero, nada, zilch.

• WebProjectWebProject Member, Provider
    edited May 22

@SpryServers_Tab said:

@Nyr said:

@SpryServers_Tab said:

No, it's considered a job here in the US. It's actually the most common type of sales job here.

We also have an "affiliate" program, however that's completely different than this offer.

Still affiliate and no such jobs in UK or US. Read the other companies job descriptions before tell the rest here as it will be basic pay package (at least minimal wage!) + sales commissions + benefits + holidays pay.

VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN-HVM VPS Plans
    Are you looking for best price for self-managed VPS? See WebProVPS website for more details.
  • This smells as bad as Amazon Mechanical Turk tasks

@Unbelievable said:
    Honestly you are trying to find someone down on their luck and take advantage of them with a lopsided deal Mr. CEO where they bust their ass answering chats and sending mailchimps into a market you have not penetrated in the hopes of finding clients in risky markets that wont chargeback. If they do chargeback - too bad, so sad, commission clawback time. Yes, we all all understand the deal you are offering.

Jesus Christ man. I HAVE penetration into the market, and mailchimp and chart are simply tools that will provide starting leads.

Once again, there are details I'm not disclosing to those not applying. I will however, say chargebacks will not necessarily result in commission clawbacks.

People are free to make their own decision. I'm not looking to take advantage of anyone.

I'm done defending myself to you troll.

• ChievoChievo Member

@SpryServers_Tab said:

@Chievo said:

@Unbelievable said:

@SpryServers_Tab said:

@Unbelievable said:

@SpryServers_Tab said:

@Unbelievable said:

Your point is?

I don't disagree with you about pursuing things without equitable risk. There's plenty of risk that's taken. However, minimizing risk is also a big part of success.

Success ......

@WebProject said:

@SpryServers_Tab said:

@Nyr said:

@SpryServers_Tab said:

Still affiliate and no such jobs in UK or US. Read the other companies job descriptions before tell the rest here as it will be basic pay package (at least minimal wage!) + sales commissions + benefits + holidays pay.

You're absolutely wrong. There are PLENTY of jobs that are based on 100% commission in the US.

edited May 22

Not a troll - just can smell a bad deal when it's presented. You aren't hiring, you aren't offering a salary. All you are offering is hopes and dreams for someone who has nothing. For them I hope the company doesn't burst and servers walk off in the night. They are stuck with minimal return for effort spend that never will equal a regular part time job/side hustle with companies that hire as W2. And you do have no risk and you know it. Contract with 5 desperate people - let them fight it out- keep the best, cancel the other 4. The game is as old as time. Be more inventive, be more creative, be aware people arent gullible as they used to be.

Thanked by 2armandorg james50a

• t0ny0t0ny0 Member

You all need to chill out.
    He clearly said its a 1099 job. That means he gives you money for work done. Its called a contract. As a contractor - you can work for Spry and 1000s of different companies at the same time if you wish.
    You can one day wake up, say "fuck it" and quit. Same for him - he can tell you to fuck off and you're gone. Because this contract allows for that.
    If you are looking for benefits, W2, sick leave, someone to pay your SS and whatnot - this is obviously not a job for you.
    This is NOT a full time job.
    I fail to see why people are outraged here.

• ChievoChievo Member

@Unbelievable said:
    Not a troll - just can smell a bad deal when it's presented. You aren't hiring, you aren't offering a salary. All you are offering is hopes and dreams for someone who has nothing. For them I hope the company doesn't burst and servers walk off in the night. They are stuck with minimal return for effort spend that never will equal a regular part time job/side hustle with companies that hire as W2. And you do have no risk and you know it. Contract with 5 desperate people - let them fight it out- keep the best, cancel the other 4. The game is as old as time. Be more inventive, be more creative, be aware people arent gullible as they used to be.

I think that he is so succesfull as a CEO and businessman. The company is wellknown.so You are completely wrong. This offer is priceless. In fact if I were you i would even pay him 7000€ per month only To learn and being part of such enterprise. The Key question is that having such experience in your CV would open new business doors. Be intelligent this offer is 1 per life. Do not skip the opportunity which is going To change your life. He is the man . the CEO,the businessman .

@SpryServers_Tab said:

@Chievo said:

@Unbelievable said:

You are N° 1 Mr.CEO . Your company is great.

edited May 22

@t0ny0 but he only gives you money for completed sales. There are many facets of that that are out of your control as a 1099, thus making the deal risky and actual payment to the contractor minimal. Contractor take home is not solely contingent on job production (like most contractor jobs), but is contingent on qualified leads being supplied, company not splitting leads among desperate piranhas etc. Company not performing resulting in chargebacks, etc. Many things influence takehome that are atypical for this position compared to other contracting positions. The fact that its "part time", spare time which has zero meaning in determining its a contractor can't obscure the fact that its a totally shit deal with 100% of the risk on the prospective contractor.

By the way, most states are "fuck it" states and either company or employee can terminate at any time. Has no applicability to this deal. You are not working for spry, you are working for your own entity and contracting services. So yes, you can work for other companies and he cant prohibit it- thats part of the deal with being an actual contractor and passing the test for true contract status in IRS audit (among other rules)

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited May 22

@Chievo said:
    only To learn and being part of such enterprise

hurr durr

I’m not here to judge the main “job offer,” but: this is merely a criticism towards the “omg I get paid in experrrience” logic.

• ChievoChievo Member

@doghouch said:

@Chievo said:
    only To learn and being part of such enterprise

For the same reason why unpaid internships are illegal, you can see why certain countries have minimum salaries — even for contractors.

I’m not here to judge the main “job offer” — this is merely a criticism towards the “omg I get paid in experrrience” logic.

For sure . Everyone has a básic salary+ bonus scheme.

• t0ny0t0ny0 Member

@Unbelievable said:
    @t0ny0 but he only gives you money for completed sales. There are many facets of that that are out of your control as a 1099, thus making the deal risky and actual payment to the contractor minimal. Contractor take home is not solely contingent on job production (like most contractor jobs), but is contingent on qualified leads being supplied, company not splitting leads among desperate piranhas etc. Company not performing resulting in chargebacks, etc. Many things influence takehome that are atypical for this position compared to other contracting positions. The fact that its "part time", spare time which has zero meaning in determining its a contractor can't obscure the fact that its a totally shit deal with 100% of the risk on the prospective contractor.

By the way, most states are "fuck it" states and either company or employee can terminate at any time. Has no applicability to this deal. You are not working for spry, you are working for your own entity and contracting services. So yes, you can work for other companies and he cant prohibit it- thats part of the deal with being an actual contractor and passing the test for true contract status in IRS audit (among other rules)

I have worked as a contractor most of my adult life. I get paid for a job when its done. Or I get paid an hourly fee, IF this is what the client (the person hiring me) and me agree upon.
    If job is not done - I don't get paid. Period.

Same way when I hire a contractor - he gets paid once my fence is painted, for example. If he doesn't - he gets no money for that.

And again - same when I hire a subcontractor to work on a project that I need help on. He gets paid when I get paid, which in both occasions is when and only if the job is done.

As a contractor - the risk is 100% on me and my company, hence why I also pay for insurance.

As someone who hires a contractor - I expect the liability to be on them (hence why most of my customers require a liability insurance, workers comp, bond insurance, etc).

And to end this - I don't get base pay as a contractor. I am NOT an employee. I am just a contractor. The contract has a price on it, and I pick and choose what I want to do, and what I can pass on.

Now if Tab said he is hiring someone as a full time w2 employee - thats a different story, and it would be illegal to not cover all the additional things like health insurance, workers comp, sick days and base pay.

Again - this is clearly listed as a contractor job. Take it or leave it. There is no need to argue about what YOU expect from it.

edited May 22

He is not HIRING anyone. He is not PAYING anyone. He is contracting for services which are judged to be adequate when a sale is completed. Again, contractor doesn't control the whole process, so in this case its a fools errand as contractor eventual compensation is dependent on things that are out of his control. This is not a normal contractor agreement. Like you I have been a contractor for 22 years. It is the Height of stupidity to take a contract where the compensation is contingent on others doing their job.

• WebProjectWebProject Member, Provider
    edited May 22

@t0ny0 said:
    He clearly said its a 1099 job. That means he gives you money for work done. Its called a contract. As a contractor - you can work for Spry and 1000s of different companies at the same time if you wish.
    You can one day wake up, say "fuck it" and quit. Same for him - he can tell you to fuck off and you're gone. Because this contract allows for that.
    If you are looking for benefits, W2, sick leave, someone to pay your SS and whatnot - this is obviously not a job for you.

So he can’t name it the job offer as it’s freelance project without any contract or possible payment!

VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN-HVM VPS Plans
    Are you looking for best price for self-managed VPS? See WebProVPS website for more details.
    edited May 22

@WebProject said:

@t0ny0 said:

So he can’t name it the job offer as it’s freelance project without any contract or possible payment!

Jesus, I don't know how many times I have to say there is a contract (you are a CONTRACTOR after all) and you WILL be paid.

The job is sales. You get paid when the job is completed. You make sales, you get paid. Period.

Thanked by 1t0ny0

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Provider
    edited May 22

@Neoon said:
    Well, there is a reason why you see not much job offers on LET.
    Most of them get destroyed due to either low payment or not even telling you how much you will get paid.

They (Users here) are complaining about low payments and such. . Yet they are supporting low payments by wanting only cheapest and best offers possible. It's hilarious in my opinion.

Staff/Human resources is a big cost factor in a company.

Sorry that's the result of being cheap.

thanks.

• 1gservers1gservers Member, Provider

This is perfectly normal (and legal) in the US. Most sales positions are structured similar with compensation based on performance. I think the only thing that @SpryServers_Tab could have phrased differently is by not calling it a 'Job Offer'. If this type of arrangement doesn't work for you, then don't apply. However, it has the potential for you to make far more than a minimum wage job.

1GServers.com - Auto Deploy & Custom Dedicated Servers - Phoenix, AZ
    1Gbps & 10Gbps Dedicated Uplinks - AS14315 - View LET Specials

@1gservers said:
    This is perfectly normal (and legal) in the US. Most sales positions are structured similar with compensation based on performance. I think the only thing that @SpryServers_Tab could have phrased differently is by not calling it a 'Job Offer'. If this type of arrangement doesn't work for you, then don't apply. However, it has the potential for you to make far more than a minimum wage job.

Yeah, in hindsight I could've phrased it differently. Didn't know there would be so much outrage. :tongue:

Like you said, it does have the opportunity to make well above minimum wage. While there is no base salary, there are also no quotas or caps to commission.

Thanked by 11gservers

• raindog308raindog308 Moderator

Just stop with the ignorance and LowEndLawyering.

100% commission jobs are extremely common in US, and indeed many parts of the Western world. Indeed, they are the norm for sales positions.

I could name twenty industries where all compensation is from commissions and there is no other compensation.

1gservers said: could have phrased differently is by not calling it a 'Job Offer'.

Why? It's a job offer.

t0ny0 said: You all need to chill out.

Exactly right.

Unbelievable said: Not a troll - just can smell a bad deal when it's presented. You aren't hiring, you aren't offering a salary. All you are offering is hopes and dreams for someone who has nothing. For them I hope the company doesn't burst and servers walk off in the night. They are stuck with minimal return for effort spend that never will equal a regular part time job/side hustle with companies that hire as W2. And you do have no risk and you know it. Contract with 5 desperate people - let them fight it out- keep the best, cancel the other 4. The game is as old as time. Be more inventive, be more creative, be aware people arent gullible as they used to be.

What on earth are you talking about? I don't know anything about Spry Servers, but hiring someone on a 100% commission basis is completely legitimate and offering it as a 1099 position is completely legitimate. Gullibility, games, etc. has nothing to do with it.

W2 positions are positions where the employer dictates when you work, where you work, and provides you with the facilities to work. 1099 positions are positions where you're hired on a performance basis and can work however/whenever/wherever (if appropriate) to achieve the work. Sales jobs are very often 1099 jobs.

For LET support, please visit the support desk.

• james50ajames50a Member
    edited May 23

random article from doing some googling (not verfied not legal advice) but seems to state that no this kind of stuff is illegal in the usa if your calling it a job and not what it is which is an affiliate program "Commission-only pay does not exclude workers from receiving minimum wage for the hours they work". Personally i dont like this thread as if not put down would just open the doors for every provider to spam their affiliate programs (which all of them have) while not offering anything reasonable in return. In addition my personal opinion this is its scummy to try to attract people to being an "independent" contractor to avoid paying a fair wage and other rules and regulations that would normally apply and exist for a reason. The contractor position is supposed to be for people running their own buisness, not for company's to treat potential workers like disposable condoms....
    https://smallbusiness.chron.com/rights-commissiononly-paid-workers-44625.html

edited May 23

@james50a said:
    random article from doing some googling (not verfied not legal advice) but seems to state that no this kind of stuff is illegal in the usa if your calling it a job and not what it is which is an affiliate program "Commission-only pay does not exclude workers from receiving minimum wage for the hours they work". Personally i dont like this thread as if not put down would just open the doors for every provider to spam their affiliate programs (which all of them have) while not offering anything reasonable in return. In addition my personal opinion this is its scummy to try to attract people to being an "independent" contractor to avoid paying a fair wage and other rules and regulations that would normally apply and exist for a reason. The contractor position is supposed to be for people running their own buisness, not for company's to treat potential workers like disposable condoms....
    https://smallbusiness.chron.com/rights-commissiononly-paid-workers-44625.html

That article doesn't cover contractors. Contracting IS A JOB.

From that very same article - even if I called them employees and NOT contractors:

"Outside Sales Exemption

If you regularly sell your employer's products or services in a place away from your company's property, your employer can use the outside sales exemption. This exemption prevents you from being subject to FLSA regulations including minimum wage and overtime. Examples of workers subject to the outside sales exemption include door-to-door salesmen, pharmaceutical representatives and certain delivery drivers who sell their company's services or products."

This discussion has been closed.