Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Job Offer: Outside Sales Representative (Spry Servers)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Job Offer: Outside Sales Representative (Spry Servers)

SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep
edited May 2020 in General

Job will entail following up and reaching out to existing leads to make sales, seeking new leads and answering live chats. Freedom to work from home. No location requirements.

Requirements:
- Great with people
- Sales experience
- Some experience in the tech industry. Sales or otherwise.
- Social media experience
- Experience with e-mail marketing and associated software such as MailChimp
- English speaking
- A computer and access to the internet

Preferred:
- Experience in the web hosting industry
- Experience with sales in the web hosting industry
- Familiarity with hosting software such as Plesk, SolusVM, WHMCS
- Familiarity with hosting technologies
- Bi/Tri-lingual (Hindi, Spanish, Russian, Mandarin preferred. Any additional language is a plus.)

Job is 100% commission based. Commissions are recurring, for as long as the client maintains the service. 1st month of any client's service comes with a commission bonus of anywhere between 20%-100%.

DM me for more info.

Comments

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@SpryServers_Tab said:

Job is 100% commission based.

So this is an affiliate program, not a job offer. And certainly illegal in lots of Western countries, maybe not in the Land of the Free?

Thanked by 2sayem314 sithrebel15
  • SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2020

@Nyr said:

@SpryServers_Tab said:

So this is an affiliate program, not a job offer. And certainly illegal in lots of Western countries, maybe not in the Land of the Free?

No, it's considered a job here in the US. It's actually the most common type of sales job here.

We also have an "affiliate" program, however that's completely different than this offer.

• Nyr said: So this is an affiliate program, not a job offer. And certainly illegal in lots of Western countries, maybe not in the Land of the Free?

Was thinking the same. Even here, you cannot name 100% commission based thing as a job offer.

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

I assume this isn't meant to be a full time role. The person will likely be paid as a contractor.

• At least in Canada you have to have a base pay to my knowledge. Otherwise not really a job offer as you work for yourself essentially

Thanked by 1sayem314
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Guess this is one for the freelancers.

• ChievoChievo Member

@thedp said:

The freelancer is working on a project . Where is the project ? Spend 40 hours and get the commission ? The end definitely is nigh

Thanked by 2imok sayem314
  • edited May 2020

james50a said: At least in Canada you have to have a base pay to my knowledge.

Yup. It's around 11CAD. If you're aiming for the lowest allowed wage,

Let's say you're a good salesman and sell only the highest valued Shared hosting services.

It's is priced at 19.99USD and since it stated that commission is between 20%-100% we all know that 90% of the time it's 20%

So you'd need to sell two 19.99USD priced hosting packages each hour to get the minimum wage.

That's 80 packages per week. I'm sold.

It's 12:05AM here. So ignore any math errors please

• servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider

I think there are some challenges in this model
    how you will be able to distinguish the sales from the sales person vs sales coming through other channels ?

usually this model work for people doing sales B2B where the sale amount is substantial and it is manually handled , but in this case what if the sales person added a post here about new offer how you are planning to pay them for such act ?

@Chievo said:

@thedp said:

The freelancer is working on a project . Where is the project ? Spend 40 hours and get the commission ? The end definitely is nigh

Well, it depends. Not ALL freelancers are project-based.

Point is, they're not hiring, not even contract-based, and whoever takes this up will not be employed by the company and will remain self-employed, hence why I personally think this is for freelancers.

• thedp said: hence why I personally think this is for freelancers.

Yes but

SpryServers_Tab said: following up and reaching out to existing leads to make sales, seeking new leads and answering live chats.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@james50a said:
    At least in Canada you have to have a base pay to my knowledge. Otherwise not really a job offer as you work for yourself essentially

From my understanding in the U.S. commission jobs get base pay as well, at least for most common big companies. It's definitely a contractor/freelance job getting 100% commission. I think you'd end up getting more sales with a base pay as well, or you'd just be cycling through people who end up spamming online, not getting any sales, then leaving each week, and besides that it would give you a bad reputation.

Thanked by 1sithrebel15

@MikeA said:

@james50a said:
    At least in Canada you have to have a base pay to my knowledge. Otherwise not really a job offer as you work for yourself essentially

From my understanding in the U.S. commission jobs get base pay as well, at least for most common big companies. It's definitely a contractor/freelance job getting 100% commission. I think you'd end up getting more sales with a base pay as well, or you'd just be cycling through people who end up spamming online, not getting any sales, then leaving each week, and besides that it would give you a bad reputation.

Exactly.

Infact, even with a small base pay and maybe some contract might just be better for both parties.

@thedp said:

@MikeA said:

@james50a said:

Exactly.

Infact, even with a small base pay and maybe some contract might just be better for both parties.

There would be a contract. Candidates would be 1099 contractors.

It's not a full-time job, and the "answering live chat" is not required. It's just another way for the person to get leads and an opportunity to make sales.

This would be something you can do as much as you like or as little as you like.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Well, there is a reason why you see not much job offers on LET.
    Most of them get destroyed due to either low payment or not even telling you how much you will get paid.

Reminds me of some providers that sold gameservers and and stuff, they hired 13 year old to do support and paid them with a 20$ gameserver per month.

They ended up getting a lot of shitstorm but yea.

Just to be clear:

In the United States, both contractors and outside sales rep positions are exempted from minimum wage.

I guess I should say: "Job offer applies to locations where 100% commission based jobs allowed"

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Neoon said:
    they hired 13 year old to do support and paid them with a 20$ gameserver per month.

Sounds legal enough.

• @SpryServers_Tab
    1. Willing to sign a properly drafted legal contract in the state where your LLC or Incorporation took place?
    2. What is the commission percentage and how much is subject to your discretionary holdback for the inevitable chargebacks?

From the contractor side of the equation (assuming 1099)
    1. You do not qualify for unemployment when there is a burst.net, GVH, hostdoc, VortexNode situation or the OP just closes sho and takes a job with another company.
    2. Does commission survive your employment (ie you quit or they fire you for being too expensive).
    3. Does it survive the acquisition of the company.
    4. You don't get vacation time
    5. Compare to jobs at amazon- warehouse human robot -15 hr, Kelly services iOS remote tech 17.50, conduent 11/hr as an employee
    6. as a 1099 you pay both halves of social security.
    7. $15 as employee is 16.75 as a 1099 contractor (at least).
    8. Job contains 3 things- 2 that are usually paid for- chat support and mailchimp.
    9. if truly supporting languages- why no google translated site?
    10. What marketing budget will you get for these languages?
    11. Who will you share the leads with?

Just think it all through since post was vague. The risk is 100% on contractor and no company risk.

@Unbelievable said:
    @SpryServers_Tab
    1. Willing to sign a properly drafted legal contract in the state where your LLC or Incorporation took place?
    2. What is the commission percentage and how much is subject to your discretionary holdback for the inevitable chargebacks?

From the contractor side of the equation (assuming 1099)
    1. You do not qualify for unemployment when there is a burst.net, GVH, hostdoc, VortexNode situation or the OP just closes sho and takes a job with another company.
    2. Does commission survive your employment (ie you quit or they fire you for being too expensive).
    3. Does it survive the acquisition of the company.
    4. You don't get vacation time
    5. Compare to jobs at amazon- warehouse human robot -15 hr, Kelly services iOS remote tech 17.50, conduent 11/hr as an employee
    6. as a 1099 you pay both halves of social security.
    7. $15 as employee is 16.75 as a 1099 contractor (at least).
    8. Job contains 3 things- 2 that are usually paid for- chat support and mailchimp.
    9. if truly supporting languages- why no google translated site?
    10. What marketing budget will you get for these languages?
    11. Who will you share the leads with?

Just think it all through since post was vague. The risk is 100% on contractor and no company risk.

These are all things I'd go over with someone who reaches out with interest. There will indeed be a legal contract drafted.

• UnbelievableUnbelievable Member
    edited May 2020

also, if someone sells 10/mo of services - what happens when customer increases spend to 100/mo? does sales rep get anything? As you know, any prudent non-impulsive company will start with a low spend as a test- then increase based on performance. If only paying for 1st sales, there would either be an incentive to oversell or undersell/minimize effort.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems you are seeking foreign based individuals with a different cost structure?

Also, from the other forum regarding people out of work. They should apply for pandemic unemployment assistance first and regular unemployment. Even foodstamps is min of 194 a month.

100% commission is a brutal gamble for those out of work or those who need money in spare time. Delivering pizza is a more realistic side hustle with a guaranteed base. I would never accept 100% risk for commission from a young company in a brutal industry with high client turnover in 1st year of any new client.

@Unbelievable said:
    also, if someone sells 10/mo of services - what happens when customer increases spend to 100/mo? does sales rep get anything? As you know, any prudent non-impulsive company will start with a low spend as a test- then increase based on performance. If only paying for 1st sales, there would either be an incentive to oversell or undersell/minimize effort.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems you are seeking foreign based individuals with a different cost structure?

Also, from the other forum regarding people out of work. They should apply for pandemic unemployment assistance first and regular unemployment. Even foodstamps is min of 194 a month.

100% commission is a brutal gamble for those out of work or those who need money in spare time. Delivering pizza is a more realistic side hustle with a guaranteed base. I would never accept 100% risk for commission from a young company in a brutal industry with high client turnover in 1st year of any new client.

Again, many of these things are details that would be gone over individually.

No, we're seeking anywhere commission based is legal, especially in the US.

This isn't intended to be a full time job. It's a job to work when you want, where you want, how you want. There are no minimum sales requirements or quotas, yet there will be bonuses.

We're 7 years old, and have continually grown in the industry.

• UnbelievableUnbelievable Member
    edited May 2020

It's still 100% risk to contractor and zero risk to you (with minimal outlay for a proforma contract).

All 1099 contractors must be when you want how you want where you want - according to IRS rules for contractors (at least 14 tests for 1099 contractor status) - so thats just standard stuff

edited May 2020

@Unbelievable said:
    It's still 100% risk to contractor and zero risk to you (with minimal outlay for a proforma contract)

Your point is?

I'm not forcing anyone to do it. Of course I'm going to minimize my risk.

• ChievoChievo Member

@Unbelievable said:
    It's still 100% risk to contractor and zero risk to you (with minimal outlay for a proforma contract)

He is a CEO. A businessman !!! OMG

Thanked by 1SpryServers_Tab
  • @SpryServers_Tab said:

@Unbelievable said:

Your point is?

It's a fools errand to pursue anything without equitable risk - I can virtually guarantee someone at target, walmart, amazon, wendys, dominos, pizzahut - would out earn this job and have less personal risk.

@Chievo said:

@Unbelievable said:

He is a CEO. A businessman !!! OMG

Thank you for understanding this. :tongue:

• Honestly you are trying to find someone down on their luck and take advantage of them with a lopsided deal Mr. CEO where they bust their ass answering chats and sending mailchimps into a market you have not penetrated in the hopes of finding clients in risky markets that wont chargeback. If they do chargeback - too bad, so sad, commission clawback time. Yes, we all all understand the deal you are offering.

@Unbelievable said:

@SpryServers_Tab said:

@Unbelievable said:

Your point is?

It's a fools errand to pursue anything without equitable risk - I can virtually guarantee someone at target, walmart, amazon, wendys, dominos, pizzahut - would out earn this job and have less personal risk.

I don't disagree with you about pursuing things without equitable risk. There's plenty of risk that's taken. However, minimizing risk is also a big part of success.

• You have no risk other than contract cost. zero, nada, zilch.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2020

@SpryServers_Tab said:

@Nyr said:

@SpryServers_Tab said:

No, it's considered a job here in the US. It's actually the most common type of sales job here.

We also have an "affiliate" program, however that's completely different than this offer.

Still affiliate and no such jobs in UK or US. Read the other companies job descriptions before tell the rest here as it will be basic pay package (at least minimal wage!) + sales commissions + benefits + holidays pay.

This discussion has been closed.