Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ympker's VPN LTD Comparison Chart
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ympker's VPN LTD Comparison Chart

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited August 2021 in General

Looking to grab a LTD on Stacksocial for a VPN Service?
Here is a comparison chart featuring all the VPN Services I have a LTD of:
Windscribe Pro, Ivacy, FastestVPN, RA4W VPN, VPNUnlimited/Keepsolid, Getflix.

The following criteria will be assessed: Purchase date, Jurisdicition, Speed, Connection Stability, Own Client, Manual setup protocols available, Torrents, Flix, Cool Extras and whether the LTD has an expiry date set in the client area.

I'll try to update it (especially the speeds table) ever so often :)

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Yes, I'm an LTD addict :)

Comments

• gksgks Member

@Ympker I thought you started a company "Ympker VPN LTD", like few countries have "PVT LTD". Thanks for comparison.

• I miss the "Collects and/or sells data" column. Easy to autofill all rows with yes.

Thanked by 2truweb vaviloff
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 2020

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:
    I miss the "Collects and/or sells data" column. Easy to autofill all rows with yes.

That's what they all surely do. Or not. I don't know and don't want to. I don't use the VPNs for privacy, really. If it's dirt cheap like these, you sometimes are the product though ;)

Honestly, I don't think they (all) do. Much more likely that they are cheaply reselling on a no-upfront-investment revenue share system. Like Ivacy and FastestVPN are reselling PureVPN for example. So they don't have much extra costs on their own since they operate (probably) on revenue share.

Thanked by 1truweb
  • Ympker said: RA4W VPN

Their privacy policy has "private internet access promotional offers" in it, so they probably copied it.

FastestVPN doesn't resell PureVPN. (at least not the locations I used)

• @magicvpn said:

Ympker said: RA4W VPN

Their privacy policy has "private internet access promotional offers" in it, so they probably copied it.

FastestVPN doesn't resell PureVPN. (at least not the locations I used)

Ah, lol.

I posted this in another thread. Personally, I am really sure FastestVPN is reselling PureVPN or Ivacy. Since Ivacy is reselling PureVPN, it doesn't matter at this point.

Taken from other thread:

@Ympker said:

@jsg said:

@Ympker said:
    Now, FastestVPN (inofficially) is reselling Ivacy (who is afaik inofficially reselling PureVPN btw).

Any tangible evidence for that?

I'm not asking to make trouble but because a closer look at those 3 seems to suggest that they are different entities. So it would be helpful if you could provide some evidence.

BEFORE you read any of the following, do know, that I am very happy with Ivacy/FastestVPN and it's not necessarily bad that they are allegedly reselling PureVPN. It's not like CC where the hosts just disappear after a few months. And the performance is good enough for that price.

Anyway, @jsg

Well, they CAN be different entitities and still resell each other, right? Like any reseller in the web hosting scene, too. I'm just saying both, Ivacy & FastestVPN are (most likely) reselling PureVPN and obtaining it's feature set slowly (Ivacy faster than FastestVPN does).

Anyway a while back I am pretty sure I ran several tests before I came up with the conclusion that Ivacy resells PureVPN. FastestVPN I didn't test as thoroughly anymore but I am more or less sure they resell PureVPN just the same. Once you see this sorta "scheme" and know at what points to look, you get a bit of a hang for it. Can't remember every bit of research I did but yeah, let's just look at these things:

1) The similarity in the websites and the features implented as described in OP.

2) Both, Ivacy & FastestVPN Windows Client are buggy in the same way. Mobile Apps, too. Their browser extension(s) look very similar, too.

3) Hostnames (Google "Server list PureVPN", then "Server list Ivacy" and also "Server list FastestVPN" and take a look.

PureVPN: servername.pointtoserver.com

Ivacy: servername.dns2use.com

FastestVPN: servername.jumptoserver.com

4) ch1.dns2use.com is the same IP as ch1.pointtoserver.com (sometimes when pinging ch1.dns2use.com you get 2-3 different IPs as it seems to be flexible somehow but the 81.xxx one is the one PureVPN's ch1.pointtoserver.com has.

I also ran this IP comparison in the past but seems like they have new IPs/servers now.

Also I did this a while back (hope it's still accurate:

Anyway: I am honest enough to say I didn't run that many tests on FastestVPN, but I am 99% sure they are reselling PureVPN just like Ivacy. And that's a gut feeling I've developed over time and during my research of Ivacy. Ivacy and FastestVPN being so similar is surely not a coincidence.

In the end, it's your choice to believe me and/or do your own research.
    Maybe today it's covered up a bit better as when I did the research back then. But also still have screenshots from my first research of IPs regarding Ivacy and PureVPN which also show the same IPs for the both (although the IPs bound to the hostnames are probably not the same today anymore I believe):

PureVPN is pointtoserver.com:

Ivacy is dns2use.com:

Random servers picked from list:

ch1.dns2use.com --> ch.pointtoserver.com / ch1.pointtoserver.com

de1.dns2use.com --> de1.pointtoserver.com

Then, there are also several sources on the WWW to hint on Ivacy reselling PureVPN (I am mostly comparing the two as FastestVPN hasn't grown very popular yet and thus probably is not very often mentioned):

Source: A comment on https://restoreprivacy.com/purevpn/

And then there is:

https://web.archive.org/web/20170917071851/https://badcode.pro/blog/ivacy-and-purevpn-rather-questionable

And also:

https://restoreprivacy.com/vpn-warning-list/

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited May 2020

Updated chart to include my latest purchase: Keepsolid Smart DNS Lifetime (28$)

Thanked by 1sgheghele
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

WIP: Adding a list of LE users that use the VPNs mentioned in my comparison chart:

• Added KeepsolidVPN. Found a whopping 36 LE users who are using it (probably more that I have missed). List has been updated.

Next up: Ivacy, FastestVPN, Windscribe Pro. Stay tuned :)

• @Ympker said:
    WIP: Adding a list of LE users that use the VPNs mentioned in my comparison chart:

• Added KeepsolidVPN. Found a whopping 36 LE users who are using it (probably more that I have missed). List has been updated.

You've got me listed twice under Keepsolid. I didn't notice any other duplicates, but you could sort them alphabetically to catch that in the future.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@TimboJones said:

@Ympker said:

You've got me listed twice under Keepsolid. I didn't notice any other duplicates, but you could sort them alphabetically to catch that in the future.

Thanks, might actually be a good idea :)

• OujiOuji Member

I was using their trial, but just pulled the trigger and I'm happy I've done so.

Now, about your chart. Ivacy actually has Netflix UK, but only for the browser extensions. Although, I tested yesterday on my phone with a random UK server on their app and it worked with Netflix, for some reason. Just a heads up.

Although I unfortunately do not have Windscribe LTD, I have something like 6 months left with them mostly to be able to watch UK Netflix.

I hope they do a 12 hour LTD sometime in the future, although highly unlikely.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@Ouji said:
    I was using their trial, but just pulled the trigger and I'm happy I've done so.

Now, about your chart. Ivacy actually has Netflix UK, but only for the browser extensions. Although, I tested yesterday on my phone with a random UK server on their app and it worked with Netflix, for some reason. Just a heads up.

Although I unfortunately do not have Windscribe LTD, I have something like 6 months left with them mostly to be able to watch UK Netflix.

I hope they do a 12 hour LTD sometime in the future, although highly unlikely.

I also tried Netflix UK with Ivacy and Netflix did indeed load but I don't think it was UK, neither with Windscribe UK. I was looking for Season 7 of Brooklyn Nine Nine which apparently released on Flix UK. Can you double check if you can find that show using UK Flix Browser extension from Ivacy/Windxcfibe?

• OujiOuji Member

Ympker said: I also tried Netflix UK with Ivacy and Netflix did indeed load but I don't think it was UK, neither with Windscribe UK. I was looking for Season 7 of Brooklyn Nine Nine which apparently released on Flix UK. Can you double check if you can find that show using UK Flix Browser extension from Ivacy/Windxcfibe?

Just checked. For some reason, the UK Windflix didn't work from Windscribe's Mac App. I was able to use both Windscribe and Ivacy UK Netflix's on the browser extension, in Chrome.

You can look for The Big Bang Theory which is 100% on UK (I have been watching for a while, actually watched yesterday at work).

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Just wanted to say nice contribution to the community with your spreadsheet, @Ympker.

Certainly helpful!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@Ouji said:

Ympker said: I also tried Netflix UK with Ivacy and Netflix did indeed load but I don't think it was UK, neither with Windscribe UK. I was looking for Season 7 of Brooklyn Nine Nine which apparently released on Flix UK. Can you double check if you can find that show using UK Flix Browser extension from Ivacy/Windxcfibe?

Just checked. For some reason, the UK Windflix didn't work from Windscribe's Mac App. I was able to use both Windscribe and Ivacy UK Netflix's on the browser extension, in Chrome.

You can look for The Big Bang Theory which is 100% on UK (I have been watching for a while, actually watched yesterday at work).

Thanks for checking. I could indeed find The Big Bang Theory. However, Brooklyn Nine Nine still shows only 5 seasons when season 6 should have aired March 28th in the UK: https://www.tyla.com/entertaining/tv-and-film-brooklyn-nine-nine-season-6-netflix-saturday-20200324

People saying it's out, not for me though. Same problem like the OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/netflixuk/comments/frf8qr/is_the_brooklyn_ninenine_season_6_available/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

• OujiOuji Member

Ympker said: Thanks for checking. I could indeed find The Big Bang Theory. However, Brooklyn Nine Nine still shows only 5 seasons when season 6 should have aired March 28th in the UK: https://www.tyla.com/entertaining/tv-and-film-brooklyn-nine-nine-season-6-netflix-saturday-20200324

People saying it's out, not for me though. Same problem like the OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/netflixuk/comments/frf8qr/is_the_brooklyn_ninenine_season_6_available/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

For me using Windflix UK I can see the 6th season. Try perhaps cleaning the cache of the browser or logging out and logging in?

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@Ouji said:

Ympker said: Thanks for checking. I could indeed find The Big Bang Theory. However, Brooklyn Nine Nine still shows only 5 seasons when season 6 should have aired March 28th in the UK: https://www.tyla.com/entertaining/tv-and-film-brooklyn-nine-nine-season-6-netflix-saturday-20200324

For me using Windflix UK I can see the 6th season. Try perhaps cleaning the cache of the browser or logging out and logging in?

Was using the android app this time. Before I'd use the browser. I'll try.

• Link's got updated due to some unintentional purge:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zN_eKhsVgTiw-9nv9s1Zq-7v9biQbhloiidDcXKYAqc/edit?usp=sharing

@FAT32 @raindog308 @jbiloh can you update the OP, please?

Thanked by 2Tnetenn BBTN
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Thanks! Can you please also update the Shared Hosting Chart?

• Any recommendations for VPNs over Black Friday/Cyber Monday? It's been a while since the sheet was updated and the prices seem to have increased over on Stacksocial.

Thanks!

• All the lifetime VPNs that are still available from the list would be sold on Stacksocial, normally. That means the best recommendation is to monitor Stacksocial for discount codes (Honey Web App, or check Stacksocial site) which can possibly be applied to the VPN of your choice. That said, some vpns are excempt from discount codes.

My personal recommendations of StackSocial lifetime VPNs is VPN Unlimited (solid allrounder), Ivacy (unblocks lots of streaming services; 5 year access then contact support to renew free of charge), FastestVPN (solid and cheap alternative; lots of M247). In that order.

• @Ympker said: Ivacy (unblocks lots of streaming services...)

https://stacksocial.com/sales/ivacy-vpn-lifetime-subscription
    Price Drop

• Extra 20% off
    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Thanks Ympker and Mumbly! The ivacy and VPN Unlimited bundles both look like great deals!

• Windscribe has a deal for $29/y.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited November 2022

@Ympker said: My personal recommendations of StackSocial lifetime VPNs is VPN Unlimited (solid allrounder), Ivacy (unblocks lots of streaming services; 5 year access then contact support to renew free of charge), FastestVPN (solid and cheap alternative; lots of M247). In that order.

Do you (or anyone here) have any experience with BulletVPN?

I don't have personal experience with any VPN provider, however after some digging I noticed that some people prefer this VPN provider (with lifetime StackSocial offer) above others lifetime deals.

Seems like Ivacy sister's company PureVPN (or that's StackSocial fault? - I am not sure how those deals work) didn't honour StackSocial lifetime deals with free renewal option after 5 years.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PureVPNcom/comments/ptz6m7/lifetime_subscription_through/

• @Mumbly said:

@Ympker said: My personal recommendations of StackSocial lifetime VPNs is VPN Unlimited (solid allrounder), Ivacy (unblocks lots of streaming services; 5 year access then contact support to renew free of charge), FastestVPN (solid and cheap alternative; lots of M247). In that order.

I don't have personal experience with any VPN provider, however after some digging I noticed that some people prefer this VPN provider (with lifetime StackSocial offer) above others lifetime deals.

Seems like Ivacy sister's company PureVPN (or that's StackSocial fault? - I am not sure how those deals work) didn't honour StackSocial lifetime deals with free renewal option after 5 years.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PureVPNcom/comments/ptz6m7/lifetime_subscription_through/

I believe @sanvit has experience with BulletVPN.

Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • @Mumbly said:

I've had it (lifetime) since 2020. No issues so far, but to be fair I never use it. ;-)

Thanked by 2Mumbly Ympker
  • @the_doctor said:

@Mumbly said:

I've had it (lifetime) since 2020. No issues so far, but to be fair I never use it. ;-)

Classic idler

Thanked by 1the_doctor
  • @Ympker any good BF deals on these?

• @Ympker said:

@Mumbly said:

I believe @sanvit has experience with BulletVPN.

Apologies, Never heard of them :(

Thanked by 1Ympker