Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
LEB review series
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

LEB review series

jbilohjbiloh Administrator

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to collect some feedback on the idea of a monthly review series of low end boxes featured during the month?

In talking to some people from our community they've said they are willing on a paid basis to write up reviews that follow a standard template to measure performance, reliability, etc.

What do you guys think?

All feedback is appreciated!

Jon Biloh

Comments

• tester4tester4 Member
    edited February 9

Run.

In reality however, LEB and LET are completely separate communities. There's no point asking for input on LEB on LET, you should ask this on LEB for LEB readers. All that'll be achieved by posting threads about LEB on here is an absolute roasting, as will occur below.

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint kkrajk
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited February 9

@jbiloh Fuck off already. If you actually cared, you would listen to what the people here want instead of blindly doing whatever the fuck you want like you always do. These types of threads just come off being disingenuous and insulting.

You already know that NO ONE here wants those shitty LEB offers posted here, you already know we know they are all your scam operations, so why the fuck would anyone in their right mind want a bunch of biased reviews written and posted that benefit no one but your self (Deluxe / ColoCrossing)?

I mean, I have always thought you were a tool, but really, you couldn't have engaged your brain, read some threads and have already known the answer?

C'mon bro.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Have an Allwinner H3 device? Android? Check out H3Droid! | Lichee Pi Zero - The 6$ SBC | #SYSarm - Get It! | Atomic Pi - $35 x86 SBC
    21+ Years IT Experience in Linux/Windows Hosting, Administration and Development Services

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited February 9

Run.

Not even worthy of my "The end is nigh" quotation.

Thanked by 2james50a reikuzan

There are two things that make Earth spin: Money and PMS.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator

@TheLinuxBug said:
    @jbiloh Fuck off already. If you actually cared, you would listen to what the people here want instead of blindly doing whatever the fuck you want like you always do. These types of threads just come out being disingenuous and insulting.

You already know that NO ONE here wants those shitty LEB offers posted here, you already know we know they are all your scam operations, so why the fuck would anyone in their right mind want a bunch of biased reviews written and posted that benefit no one but your self (Deluxe / ColoCrossing)?

I mean, I have always thought you were a tool, but really, you couldn't have engaged your brain, read some threads and have already known the answer?

C'mon bro.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Ouch. Really not nice or needed.

Thanked by 1Frameworks
    Jon Biloh
  • FoulFoul Member

jbiloh said: Ouch. Really not nice or needed.

While i get @TheLinuxBug frustration.

I'd honestly start looking to care about the community rather than these ideas first,

While i'm sure most of the "monthly" review series would most likely consist of Colocrossing hosts.

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
    edited February 9

@L-Bug was not nice but he is spot on the general feelings of those who are still on LET.

It's too late. Your presence ain't helping, either.

• RhysRhys Member, Provider

@Foul said:

jbiloh said: Ouch. Really not nice or needed.

While i get @TheLinuxBug frustration.

I'd honestly start looking to care about the community rather than these ideas first,

While i'm sure most of the "monthly" review series would most likely consist of Colocrossing hosts.

Just told john to make it more apparent that deluxe has no control over LET/LEB, hopefully a real turn around this time.

• LeeLee Member

Rhys said: make it more apparent that deluxe has no control over LET/LEB

You believe that? Cute.

Might be true.

However, given how events unfolded in the other thread, I find it increasingly hard to believe.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@jbiloh you don't come here for the feedback hunting, do you?

Thanked by 1uptime

UltraVPS.eu KVM in US/UK/NL/DE: 15% off first 6 month | Netcup VPS/rootDS - 5€ off: 36nc15279180197 (ref)

• LeeLee Member

deank said: Might be true.

Even if it is, his number one priority? Increase the revenue, increase the value, sell on to the highest bidder.

• erm no. just no. any promotion of leb offers on let should be discouraged and ground into the ground. No one likes the automated bot, there is no accountability on leb and you've demonstrated god knows how many times that your either incompetent or just dont give a shit about the rules or even doing half assed background checks on leb providers. just stop and let someone else takeover....

Thanked by 1uptime

@deank said:
    @L-Bug was not nice but he is spot on the general feelings of those who are still on LET.

It's too late. Your presence ain't helping, either.

Lots of positive stuff is already happening.

Jon Biloh

Not seeing it.

If anything, your presence brings anger out of old timers who've seen people getting scammed for years. @L-Bug was an example of that. I, too, would swear at you if it wasn't for my reputation as a leader of the Nigh sect.

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint uptime

@Lee said:

deank said: Might be true.

Even if it is, his number one priority? Increase the revenue, increase the value, sell on to the highest bidder.

No, this is not my goal. I invest into things I care about.

Jon Biloh

@deank said:
    Not seeing it.

If anything, your presence brings anger out of old timers who've seen people getting scammed for years. @L-Bug was an example of that. I, too, would swear at you if it wasn't for my reputation as a leader of the Nigh sect.

Quite sure that if you would have the chance to talk to me directly (which you've never done before) you would have a different perspective and feel differently.

Jon Biloh

@deank said:
    Not seeing it.

Quite sure that if you would have the chance to talk to me directly (which you've never done before) you would have a different perspective and feel differently.

Jon Biloh

I know one thing for sure.

I do not play well with bureaucrats.

You are one.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited February 10

Footer: Californians get to opt out of you selling our details but other don't!? Still displays allegiance to Deluxe.
    Quit the crap and DO SOMETHING.

Long live LowEndInfo.com

• defaultdefault Member
    edited February 10

Thanked by 1uptime

Fastmako (aff) - great VPS for your needs.

• Nice people can be divided into two types:

1. Dishonest and insincere scammers
    2. Honest and sincere average folks

@jbiloh you have not been forthcoming with the answers the community is seeking and until then, you can claim all you want about what kind of person in real life you are.

Do what is necessary, not what is convenient.

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Follow latest deals on Twitter or Telegram

• @jbiloh said:

Lots of positive stuff is already happening.

Jon, the only positive stuff happening is that a lot of new potential customers like me are now aware how scammy practices that you, Low End Boxes, Colo crossing has. Twice in the past I almost bought vps from LEB, both those company ran away with customer money, closing down the service only to set a new entity and offering the same scam on LEB under different name.

So as a customer who keeps searching for good deal, every time I see Low End Box, it means SCAM. Every company that offers on LEB, scam alert!
    It almost like a brand name reputation right now. Just the same with Colocrossing.com that turns blind eye or even probably encourage and enable scam company under their scammy shady Low End Box brand name.

So thank you for making it very clear the association Low End Box equals scam.

@jbiloh said:

No, this is not my goal. I invest into things I care about.

I don't know you so I can only judge you based on past drama I read here. You invest into the thing you care about which is your own job. This is my judgement, but I guess you need to make appearance here pretending to care just to save your ass in case you get fired or in the danger of like that under new boss.

Low end box is shit and you are caught red hand holding it. Now you pretend to care and to try to polish this turd.

I hope you left LET alone and separate from Low End Box scammy shady reputation. LET as community proven to be useful, good and provided me with some of the cheapest server deal.

This is just my take from outsider who regularly buy servers here.

Thanked by 1uptime

@jamuja I am glad to hear that you've enjoyed your time on low end talk and my hope is that over time you'll feel the same way about low end box.

Whenever a host fails its usually bad for customers. I am going to step up scrutiny of hosts looking to be posted on low end box along with participation and cooperation from low end talk community members. The hope and expectation is that we'll be able to minimize future repeats of past failures.

Jon Biloh
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Provider

@jbiloh, Can I do reviews on the following hosts? :p

I'll do it for free :p

ExoticVM.com - Find VPS in exotic locations! - Discussion Thread

• marvelmarvel Member without signature

@TheLinuxBug said:
    @jbiloh Fuck off already. If you actually cared, you would listen to what the people here want instead of blindly doing whatever the fuck you want like you always do. These types of threads just come off being disingenuous and insulting.

C'mon bro.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Look an internet keyboard hero!

No matter what you think of something/someone this is just disrespectful.

My $0.02.

• @BlaZe said:
    @jbiloh, Can I do reviews on the following hosts? :p

I'll do it for free :p

He doesn't give a shit about you and me, he knows that we are aware of the scheme that brought to him a lot of money and that this is Just a way to do It again, he knows that you and me won't give our money to losangelesvps or things likes that created by him, his targets are new teen agers who face this type of shopping for the first few times, seen from the outside it may seem that he is professional and calm and we are haters, when actually we are the scammed and he is the scammer.

• marvel said: this is just disrespectful.

indeed it is.

And @jbiloh has earned every bit of it

Here are some recent LowEndBox reviews: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/161957/psa-a-bunch-of-leb-hosts-deadpooling-arkahosting-supremevps-umaxhosting-hosting73-hostbrz-ku/p1

the Amitz.party lives on!

@uptime said:

marvel said: this is just disrespectful.

indeed it is.

And @jbiloh has earned every bit of it

Here are some recent LowEndBox reviews: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/161957/psa-a-bunch-of-leb-hosts-deadpooling-arkahosting-supremevps-umaxhosting-hosting73-hostbrz-ku/p1

Please add Hostdoc there as well, oh wait that's a LET host :smile:

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited February 10

ah shit ... sometimes the reviews just write themselves:

marvel said: Well I'm just doing this for fun. I'm a freelance IT consultant in my daily life which is how I make all my money. To be honest I'm even selling at a loss at the moment but I'm just interested to see what it takes to provide hosting so for me this is just a learning project, not something to make a profit on.

yeah you guessed it - our new favorite "Member without a signature" was recently featured on LowEndBox

much lulz, such wow :smirk:

• SCAM_DONT_BUYSCAM_DONT_BUY Member
    edited February 10

uptime said: yeah you guessed it - our new favorite "Member without a signature" was recently featured on LowEndBox

much lulz, such wow

Want to know a fun fact? He also owns a failed and BANNED host on LET, known as AutoVM. You can even see him shilling for it AND he was retarded enough to use the same name on LEB.

@hzr @FAT32 Any of you feeling like pressing the button for ban avoid and much more?

Proof: https://lowendbox.com/blog/autovm-vps-vds-game-vps-various-locations-and-30-discount/

The link @uptime posted, the rest is in @marvel's post history
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/profile/autovm

@uptime said:
    ah shit ... sometimes the reviews just write themselves:

marvel said: Well I'm just doing this for fun. I'm a freelance IT consultant in my daily life which is how I make all my money. To be honest I'm even selling at a loss at the moment but I'm just interested to see what it takes to provide hosting so for me this is just a learning project, not something to make a profit on.

yeah you guessed it - our new favorite "Member without a signature" was recently featured on LowEndBox

much lulz, such wow :smirk:

Nice find detective. Guess I touched a nerve to make you do all that effort to find something about me :wink:

And yes I'm very unique, I'm probably the only member without signature :smiley:

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

uptime said: yeah you guessed it - our new favorite "Member without a signature" was recently featured on LowEndBox

much lulz, such wow

Want to know a fun fact? He also owns a failed and BANNED host on LET, known as AutoVM. You can even see him shilling for it AND he was retarded enough to use the same name on LEB.

@hzr @FAT32 Any of you feeling like pressing the button for ban avoid and much more?

Proof: https://lowendbox.com/blog/autovm-vps-vds-game-vps-various-locations-and-30-discount/

The link @uptime posted, the rest is in @marvel's post history
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/profile/autovm

lol one true comment about Hostdoc and everybody starts doing research on me and asking several mods to ban me.

I guess the truth is hard to swallow for some people.

• marvel said: lol one true comment about Hostdoc and everybody starts doing research on me and asking several mods to ban me.

I don't care about you nor HostDoc, I didn't even have to waste a single second researching you and your scammy companies. I remembered your name for being such an idiot.

• what a maroon ...

unfortunately, all too typical of the festering pustule that is LEB these days

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

marvel said: lol one true comment about Hostdoc and everybody starts doing research on me and asking several mods to ban me.

I don't care about you nor HostDoc, I didn't even have to waste a single second researching you and your scammy companies. I remembered your name for being such an idiot.

You can call me an idiot and a retard all day long I really don't care. It just shows how weak and pathetic you are and can't win with normal arguments.

• marvel said: You can call me an idiot and a retard all day long I really don't care. It just shows how weak and pathetic you are and can't win with normal arguments.

What are you even talking about? I don't want to spend minutes on explaining something thats obvious for all of us. I don't want to win anything, I'm here to have fun and create eternal peace. A small victory could be that you won't be a part of it anytime soon. :)

@uptime said:
    what a maroon ...

At least it's not an inbreed community like this one.

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

marvel said: You can call me an idiot and a retard all day long I really don't care. It just shows how weak and pathetic you are and can't win with normal arguments.

What are you even talking about? I don't want to spend minutes on explaining something thats obvious for all of us. I don't want to win anything, I'm here to have fun and create eternal peace. A small victory could be that you won't be a part of it anytime soon. :)

You should explain it anyway, I mean it could be obivous to you but you are of course a very smart and hyperintelligent person, you can't expect everybody else to be on the same level.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited February 10

@SCAM_DONT_BUY

We get you have personal vendetta against every single LEB post, hence your need "thanking" every single one of them to warn people. I found it as a funny joke and went along with it. Its really good idea/stuff I gotta agree with that.

However when you start suggesting to ban people cause you don't like them, and even tagging mods when you can't take feedback yourself, that's just sad already. How about you post these opinions with your own account instead of hiding behind your meme account so we can see whats the issue.

Also, the moment mods will listen to these requests from users calling for bans and mods striking the hammer just to please the said users, is when LET is truely lost.

edited February 10

stefeman said: How about you post these opinions with your own account instead of hiding behind your meme account so we can see whats the issue.

I don't have a non-meme account, those times are long gone. I wanted to make a serious comment yesterday, but I remembered how much time I wasted on this site already, and decided it wasn't worth it. Better stick to "memeing" I guess.

stefeman said: I found it as a funny joke and went along with it. Its really good idea/stuff I gotta agree with that.

Glad you found our only possible way to warn users under these posts funny. It wasn't meant to be, it was dead serious.

stefeman said: However when you start suggesting to ban people cause you don't like them, and even tagging mods when you can't take feedback yourself, that's just sad already.

I don't like scammers, and I won't beg for bans. The moderators are using their freetime to keep things here as clean as possible - and I think they will appreciate some extra info on a guy who was meant to be banned months ago.

Thanks for your comment, and please don't make me write posts like this.

Thanked by 1t0ny0
    edited February 10

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

and I think they will appreciate some extra info on a guy who was meant to be banned months ago.

I appreciate the mods here for using their free time to keep the forum good. But straight of lying wont help your case.

Is begging for a ban to another user.

Me doing this is exactly the same thing:

@jbiloh Any of you admins feel like banning @SCAM_DONT_BUY for sabotaging every single automatic LEB post with his tricks?

(This is an example, don't ban him obviously).

edited February 10

stefeman said: Is begging for a ban to another user.

It's not begging, just a form of asking, like "Can you please show him the door?".

stefeman said: But straight of lying wont help your case.

What is wrong with you? Where did I lie, I didn't even have a chance to do so? Are you talking to some other guy? Please tell me.

• @marvel said:

@uptime said:
    what a maroon ...

At least it's not an inbreed community like this one.

If you don't like it then fuck off, pretty simple actually.

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint t0ny0

Purveyor of high quality potassium

edited February 10

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

stefeman said: Is begging for a ban to another user.

It's not begging, just a form of asking, like "Can you please show him the door?".

stefeman said: But straight of lying wont help your case.

What is wrong with you? Where did I lie, I didn't even have a chance to do so? Are you talking to some other guy?

You lied by not supposedly begging for bans to other users while relying to your nice meme account everyone including me likes. That thing there might affect some memeworthy mods here which I find troubling. If he gets banned cause you asked, am I the next one for offending you too?

as for him shitting on cociu's sales thread, I don't like it either, and he got punished again for that by losing his signature.

But when you run such large raid array in RAID5, RAID50 or RAID60 depending on the node. (Especially the RAID5 nodes), youre gonna get questions.. especially after his infamous "fsck of hell" which lasted for ages last time.

Half of this went shit when @eol got banned. thats why I don't like bans.

edited February 10

stefeman said: You lied by not supposedly begging for bans to other users while relying to your nice meme account everyone including me likes. That thing there might affect some memeworthy mods here which I find troubling.

Okay, once again, let's make this clear. Just for you!

I asked nicely to get this guy out of here, because he was MEANT TO BE OUT. Maybe someone left him on a week ban only or something, I don't know. It was an accident for sure.

I really don't care what name I'm posting under - if I was Anonymous the post would have the same value of information: he was banned for multiple reasons, multiple times. Now he's back to tell us how great the LEB community is compared to us. (Oh, and shill sometimes, of course!)

Remember: no begging, just asking in different ways so it doesn't get boring. Feel free to read back how detectives "ask" for bans in older topics.

• jsgjsg Member

@uptime said:
    yeah you guessed it - our new favorite ... was recently featured on [LEB]

Thanks for the info. I wouldn't have known without you because I never look at the sh_thole LEB. Even worse, I was considering looking at and perhaps trying MiniKVM.

So, thanks for the warning.

Thanks no.

• jsg said: thanks for the warning

I'm guessing will deadpool in about six months

edited February 10

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

stefeman said: You lied by not supposedly begging for bans to other users while relying to your nice meme account everyone including me likes. That thing there might affect some memeworthy mods here which I find troubling.

Okay, once again, let's make this clear. Just for you!

I asked nicely to get this guy out of here, because he was MEANT TO BE OUT. Maybe someone left him on a week ban only or something, I don't know. It was an accident for sure.

I really don't care what name I'm posting under - if I was Anonymous the post would have the same value of information: he was banned for multiple reasons, multiple times. Now he's back to tell us how great the LEB community is compared to us. (Oh, and shill sometimes, of course!)

Remember: no begging, just asking in different ways so it doesn't get boring. Feel free to read back how detectives "ask" for bans in older topics.

Hes meant to be out when mods decide it. not when you decide it. his hosting acc was banned and all thats left is his personal account. Mods know this too, due to his past signature hence your "info" has zero value.

I see you as worse shill right now trying to twist things for "lulz" and affecting LEB posts which people should be neutral towards. Viridweb for example waited provider tag for months so hosts use LEB to introduce themselves but you automatically brand all of them as scam.

of course they will be pissed, think about others sometimes will you?