Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LEB review series
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LEB review series

jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to collect some feedback on the idea of a monthly review series of low end boxes featured during the month?

In talking to some people from our community they've said they are willing on a paid basis to write up reviews that follow a standard template to measure performance, reliability, etc.

What do you guys think?

All feedback is appreciated!

Comments

• tester4tester4 Member
    edited February 2020

Run.

In reality however, LEB and LET are completely separate communities. There's no point asking for input on LEB on LET, you should ask this on LEB for LEB readers. All that'll be achieved by posting threads about LEB on here is an absolute roasting, as will occur below.

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint kkrajk
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited February 2020

@jbiloh Fuck off already. If you actually cared, you would listen to what the people here want instead of blindly doing whatever the fuck you want like you always do. These types of threads just come off being disingenuous and insulting.

You already know that NO ONE here wants those shitty LEB offers posted here, you already know we know they are all your scam operations, so why the fuck would anyone in their right mind want a bunch of biased reviews written and posted that benefit no one but your self (Deluxe / ColoCrossing)?

I mean, I have always thought you were a tool, but really, you couldn't have engaged your brain, read some threads and have already known the answer?

C'mon bro.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited February 2020

Run.

Not even worthy of my "The end is nigh" quotation.

Thanked by 2james50a reikuzan
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@TheLinuxBug said:
    @jbiloh Fuck off already. If you actually cared, you would listen to what the people here want instead of blindly doing whatever the fuck you want like you always do. These types of threads just come out being disingenuous and insulting.

You already know that NO ONE here wants those shitty LEB offers posted here, you already know we know they are all your scam operations, so why the fuck would anyone in their right mind want a bunch of biased reviews written and posted that benefit no one but your self (Deluxe / ColoCrossing)?

I mean, I have always thought you were a tool, but really, you couldn't have engaged your brain, read some threads and have already known the answer?

C'mon bro.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Ouch. Really not nice or needed.

Thanked by 1Frameworks
  • jbiloh said: Ouch. Really not nice or needed.

While i get @TheLinuxBug frustration.

I'd honestly start looking to care about the community rather than these ideas first,

While i'm sure most of the "monthly" review series would most likely consist of Colocrossing hosts.

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
    edited February 2020

@L-Bug was not nice but he is spot on the general feelings of those who are still on LET.

It's too late. Your presence ain't helping, either.

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@Foul said:

jbiloh said: Ouch. Really not nice or needed.

While i get @TheLinuxBug frustration.

I'd honestly start looking to care about the community rather than these ideas first,

While i'm sure most of the "monthly" review series would most likely consist of Colocrossing hosts.

Just told john to make it more apparent that deluxe has no control over LET/LEB, hopefully a real turn around this time.

• LeeLee Veteran

Rhys said: make it more apparent that deluxe has no control over LET/LEB

You believe that? Cute.

Might be true.

However, given how events unfolded in the other thread, I find it increasingly hard to believe.

• @jbiloh you don't come here for the feedback hunting, do you?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • LeeLee Veteran

deank said: Might be true.

Even if it is, his number one priority? Increase the revenue, increase the value, sell on to the highest bidder.

• erm no. just no. any promotion of leb offers on let should be discouraged and ground into the ground. No one likes the automated bot, there is no accountability on leb and you've demonstrated god knows how many times that your either incompetent or just dont give a shit about the rules or even doing half assed background checks on leb providers. just stop and let someone else takeover....

Thanked by 1uptime

@deank said:
    @L-Bug was not nice but he is spot on the general feelings of those who are still on LET.

It's too late. Your presence ain't helping, either.

Lots of positive stuff is already happening.

Not seeing it.

If anything, your presence brings anger out of old timers who've seen people getting scammed for years. @L-Bug was an example of that. I, too, would swear at you if it wasn't for my reputation as a leader of the Nigh sect.

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint uptime

@Lee said:

deank said: Might be true.

Even if it is, his number one priority? Increase the revenue, increase the value, sell on to the highest bidder.

No, this is not my goal. I invest into things I care about.

@deank said:
    Not seeing it.

If anything, your presence brings anger out of old timers who've seen people getting scammed for years. @L-Bug was an example of that. I, too, would swear at you if it wasn't for my reputation as a leader of the Nigh sect.

Quite sure that if you would have the chance to talk to me directly (which you've never done before) you would have a different perspective and feel differently.

@deank said:
    Not seeing it.

Quite sure that if you would have the chance to talk to me directly (which you've never done before) you would have a different perspective and feel differently.

I know one thing for sure.

I do not play well with bureaucrats.

You are one.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited February 2020

Footer: Californians get to opt out of you selling our details but other don't!? Still displays allegiance to Deluxe.
    Quit the crap and DO SOMETHING.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited February 2020

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Nice people can be divided into two types:

1. Dishonest and insincere scammers
    2. Honest and sincere average folks

@jbiloh you have not been forthcoming with the answers the community is seeking and until then, you can claim all you want about what kind of person in real life you are.

Do what is necessary, not what is convenient.

• @jbiloh said:

Lots of positive stuff is already happening.

Jon, the only positive stuff happening is that a lot of new potential customers like me are now aware how scammy practices that you, Low End Boxes, Colo crossing has. Twice in the past I almost bought vps from LEB, both those company ran away with customer money, closing down the service only to set a new entity and offering the same scam on LEB under different name.

So as a customer who keeps searching for good deal, every time I see Low End Box, it means SCAM. Every company that offers on LEB, scam alert!
    It almost like a brand name reputation right now. Just the same with Colocrossing.com that turns blind eye or even probably encourage and enable scam company under their scammy shady Low End Box brand name.

So thank you for making it very clear the association Low End Box equals scam.

@jbiloh said:

No, this is not my goal. I invest into things I care about.

I don't know you so I can only judge you based on past drama I read here. You invest into the thing you care about which is your own job. This is my judgement, but I guess you need to make appearance here pretending to care just to save your ass in case you get fired or in the danger of like that under new boss.

Low end box is shit and you are caught red hand holding it. Now you pretend to care and to try to polish this turd.

I hope you left LET alone and separate from Low End Box scammy shady reputation. LET as community proven to be useful, good and provided me with some of the cheapest server deal.

This is just my take from outsider who regularly buy servers here.

Thanked by 1uptime

@jamuja I am glad to hear that you've enjoyed your time on low end talk and my hope is that over time you'll feel the same way about low end box.

Whenever a host fails its usually bad for customers. I am going to step up scrutiny of hosts looking to be posted on low end box along with participation and cooperation from low end talk community members. The hope and expectation is that we'll be able to minimize future repeats of past failures.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@jbiloh, Can I do reviews on the following hosts? :p

I'll do it for free :p

• @TheLinuxBug said:
    @jbiloh Fuck off already. If you actually cared, you would listen to what the people here want instead of blindly doing whatever the fuck you want like you always do. These types of threads just come off being disingenuous and insulting.

C'mon bro.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Look an internet keyboard hero!

No matter what you think of something/someone this is just disrespectful.

My $0.02.

• @BlaZe said:
    @jbiloh, Can I do reviews on the following hosts? :p

I'll do it for free :p

He doesn't give a shit about you and me, he knows that we are aware of the scheme that brought to him a lot of money and that this is Just a way to do It again, he knows that you and me won't give our money to losangelesvps or things likes that created by him, his targets are new teen agers who face this type of shopping for the first few times, seen from the outside it may seem that he is professional and calm and we are haters, when actually we are the scammed and he is the scammer.

• marvel said: this is just disrespectful.

indeed it is.

And @jbiloh has earned every bit of it

Here are some recent LowEndBox reviews: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/161957/psa-a-bunch-of-leb-hosts-deadpooling-arkahosting-supremevps-umaxhosting-hosting73-hostbrz-ku/p1

• @uptime said:

marvel said: this is just disrespectful.

indeed it is.

And @jbiloh has earned every bit of it

Here are some recent LowEndBox reviews: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/161957/psa-a-bunch-of-leb-hosts-deadpooling-arkahosting-supremevps-umaxhosting-hosting73-hostbrz-ku/p1

Please add Hostdoc there as well, oh wait that's a LET host :smile:

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited February 2020

ah shit ... sometimes the reviews just write themselves:

marvel said: Well I'm just doing this for fun. I'm a freelance IT consultant in my daily life which is how I make all my money. To be honest I'm even selling at a loss at the moment but I'm just interested to see what it takes to provide hosting so for me this is just a learning project, not something to make a profit on.

yeah you guessed it - our new favorite "Member without a signature" was recently featured on LowEndBox

much lulz, such wow :smirk: