Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

Avoro: AMD EPYC-Special 2020 / 1 dedicated core, 5 GB RAM, 50 GB SSD, 10 GBit/s shared
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Avoro: AMD EPYC-Special 2020 / 1 dedicated core, 5 GB RAM, 50 GB SSD, 10 GBit/s shared

AvoroAvoro Member, Provider
    edited February 8 in Offers

Many of you already know us. As a small special for our new AMD host systems, we are currently offering our "EPYC Special" for a limited time. With all of our products, nested virtualization is already activated free of charge, additional IP addresses can be booked:

AMD EPYC special
    1 dedicated CPU core
    5 GB DDR4 ECC RAM
    50 GB SSD
    10 Gbit / s shared
    1x IPv4 & 1x IPv6 / 64
    2 TB traffic
    DDoS Protection
    LG: https://lg.harmony-solutions.de/

Order link: https://avoro.eu/cp/cart.php?a=add&pid=64

Price: EUR 12.60 / quarterly (including VAT)

The product is KVM virtualized, our support will be happy to install the server with a Windows server version of your choice. The product can be canceled and refunded via our support within 14 days.

I am available for any questions :)

Thanked by 2mtsbatalha dosai

Comments

• thedpthedp Member

💯

DomainPeon | IT/Hosting-related Domain Name Auction
      LEBRE Whitelisted Low-end Hosts

• hzrhzr Member, Moderator

What kind of pricing for gbit shared unmetered or 100m unmetered?

• rm_rm_ Member
      edited February 8

(deleted)

• angstromangstrom Member
      edited February 8

@Avoro said: I am available for any questions :)

It's a tempting offer. Is there a link to the offer? :smile:

May I ask what control panel you use? Do you allow a (publicly available) custom ISO?

"Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

• AvoroAvoro Member, Provider

@hzr said:
      What kind of pricing for gbit shared unmetered or 100m unmetered?

At the moment we cannot offer 1 Gbit/s oder 100 Mbit/s unmetered, sorry :(

@rm_ said:
      You forgot the ordering link. Checked https://www.harmony-solutions.de/, but it doesn't load for me.

You can order here: https://avoro.eu/cp/cart.php?a=add&pid=64

@angstrom said:

@Avoro said: I am available for any questions :)

It's a tempting offer. Is there a link to the offer? :smile:

May I ask what control panel you use? Do you allow a (publicly available) custom ISO?

A SolusVM is running in the background. Own ISO is not a problem and can be integrated via our support :)

Thanked by 1angstrom
    • Any bench of it , can we use 100% of CPU all the time ?

Reach me at manishpant.com . Discord Id: Manish#6403

@ManishPant said:
      Any bench of it , can we use 100% of CPU all the time ?

Yes you can use the CPU 100 % all the time (dedicated core). Regarding benchmarks maybe a customer can post one?

• marvelmarvel Member without signature

Nice, that's a pretty good deal.

Thanked by 1Avoro
    • @Avoro

Just to clarify, I looked at your policy regarding cancellation of the contract:

(1) Kündigt der Kunde das Vertragsverhältnis im Falle einer vereinbarten Vertragslaufzeit nicht rechtzeitig eine Woche vor Ende des Vertrages, so verlängert sich der Vertrag um dieselbe Laufzeit wie der bisherige Vertrag. Bei Rootserverprodukten beläuft sich die Kündigungsfrist auf 4 Wochen (28 Tage).

This says that one needs to cancel the contract at least one week before the end of the contract except for Rootservers, which need to be canceled at least four weeks before the end of the contract. Since this product is a vServer, I assume that one would need to cancel one week (and not four weeks) before the end of the contract, correct?

(You don't seem to have Rootservers among your current products.)

"Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

• NeoonNeoon Member

Unixbenchmark please.

@angstrom said:
      @Avoro

Just to clarify, I looked at your policy regarding cancellation of the contract:

(1) Kündigt der Kunde das Vertragsverhältnis im Falle einer vereinbarten Vertragslaufzeit nicht rechtzeitig eine Woche vor Ende des Vertrages, so verlängert sich der Vertrag um dieselbe Laufzeit wie der bisherige Vertrag. Bei Rootserverprodukten beläuft sich die Kündigungsfrist auf 4 Wochen (28 Tage).

This says that one needs to cancel the contract at least one week before the end of the contract except for Rootservers, which need to be canceled at least four weeks before the end of the contract. Since this product is a vServer, I assume that one would need to cancel one week (and not four weeks) before the end of the contract, correct?

In general, we also offer root servers on request. Since root servers are not our core business, we no longer offer them regularly on the website, a new overview page is already being planned.

This product is a prepaid product. That means you have to extend it explicitly, if you don't, the product will simply expire. We do not send reminders (I think some users can confirm that).

The wording is somewhat inappropriate. I will discuss this on Monday and we'll adjust that.

• @Avoro said:

@angstrom said:
      @Avoro

In general, we also offer root servers on request. Since root servers are not our core business, we no longer offer them regularly on the website, a new overview page is already being planned.

This product is a prepaid product. That means you have to extend it explicitly, if you don't, the product will simply expire. We do not send reminders (I think some users can confirm that).

The wording is somewhat inappropriate. I will discuss this on Monday and we'll adjust that.

I see, so the customer has to extend the contract explicitly, otherwise the contract will not be extended automatically. I guess that one extends the contract by ticket?

@angstrom said:

@Avoro said:

@angstrom said:
      @Avoro

I see, so the customer has to extend the contract explicitly, otherwise the contract will not be extended automatically. I guess that one extends the contract by ticket?

Correct, you can extend via our webinterface for yourself at any time :)

Thanked by 1angstrom
    • Dedicated core or dedicated thread?

• @WebGuru said:
      Dedicated core or dedicated thread?

At this price, it's not going to be pinned to a physical core

• vyas11vyas11 Member
      edited February 9

YABS

Fri Feb  7 00:32:27 CET 2020

Basic System Information:
      ---------------------------------
      Processor  : AMD EPYC 7352 24-Core Processor
      CPU cores  : 2 @ 2299.996 MHz
      AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
      VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
      RAM        : 4.8G
      Swap       : 975M
      Disk       : 48G

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
      Block Size | 4kb           (IOPS) | 64kb          (IOPS)
        ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
      Read       | 163.75 MB/s  (40.9k) | 511.28 MB/s   (7.9k)
      Write      | 164.18 MB/s  (41.0k) | 513.97 MB/s   (8.0k)
      Total      | 327.93 MB/s  (81.9k) | 1.02 GB/s    (16.0k)
                 |                      |                     
      Block Size | 512kb         (IOPS) | 1mb           (IOPS)
        ------   | -----          ----  | ---            ---- 
      Read       | 648.12 MB/s   (1.2k) | 685.66 MB/s    (669)
      Write      | 682.55 MB/s   (1.3k) | 731.32 MB/s    (714)
      Total      | 1.33 GB/s     (2.5k) | 1.41 GB/s     (1.3k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
      Provider                  | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                                |                           |                 |                
      Bouygues Telecom          | Paris, FR (10G)           | 2.67 Gbits/sec  | 6.02 Gbits/sec 
      Online.net                | Paris, FR (10G)           | 3.09 Gbits/sec  | 4.87 Gbits/sec 
      Worldstream               | The Netherlands (10G)     | 1.96 Gbits/sec  | 5.09 Gbits/sec 
      wilhelm.tel               | Hamburg, DE (10G)         | 4.03 Gbits/sec  | 6.07 Gbits/sec 
      Biznet                    | Bogor, Indonesia (1G)     | 532 Mbits/sec   | 91.3 Mbits/sec 
      Hostkey                   | Moscow, RU (1G)           | 923 Mbits/sec   | 922 Mbits/sec  
      Velocity Online           | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 715 Mbits/sec   | 1.48 Gbits/sec 
      Airstream Communications  | Eau Claire, WI, US (10G)  | 491 Mbits/sec   | 1.04 Gbits/sec 
      Hurricane Electric        | Fremont, CA, US (10G)     | 760 Mbits/sec   | 1.07 Gbits/sec 

here are the other BMs:
      https://underworldstartup.com/avoro-amd-epyc-frankfurt/

Geekbench4 :
      https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/15206423

Results from speedtest.net from VPS by Avoro, Germany. Posted on owEndTalk by Amar Vyas. For more benchmarks visit https:/underworldstartup.com

Note:
      For non-EU residents, at the time of check out, do not pay the invoice, wait till a new invoice (which excludes the VAT) is generated. You will get an email - watch out for the word "Rechnung" and the magic number (10.59)

Thanked by 1isunbejo
    • pkrpkr Member
      edited February 9

@Avoro said:

@ManishPant said:
      Any bench of it , can we use 100% of CPU all the time ?

Yes you can use the CPU 100 % all the time (dedicated core). Regarding benchmarks maybe a customer can post one?

This AMD CPU is too hot to ignore. I have one Avoro VPS that I got about a month ago. Earlier it had Gold 6140 and 2 days back, Avoro moved it to AMD Node. So far, I am just loving it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
       OS           : CentOS 7.7.1908 (64 Bit)
       Virt/Kernel  : Dedicated / 3.10.0-1062.12.1.el7.x86_64
       CPU Model    : AMD EPYC 7352 24-Core Processor
       CPU Cores    : 2 @ 2299.996 MHz x86_64 512 KB Cache
       CPU Flags    : AES-NI Enabled & VM-x/AMD-V Enabled
       Load Average : 0.05, 0.03, 0.05
       Total Space  : 29G (6.6G ~25% used)
       Total RAM    : 5805 MB (625 MB + 3636 MB Buff in use)
       Total SWAP   : 0 MB (0 MB in use)
       Uptime       : 0 days 18:45
       ASN & ISP    : AS44066, First Colo GmbH
       Organization : Harmonysolutions MIX
       Location     : Frankfurt am Main, Germany / DE
       Region       : Hesse

## Geekbench v4 CPU Benchmark:

Single Core : 4225  (EXCELLENT)
         Multi Core : 7474

## IO Test

CPU Speed:
          bzip2     : 106 MB/s
         sha256     : 891 MB/s
         md5sum     : 454 MB/s

RAM Speed:
         Avg. write : 2389.3 MB/s
         Avg. read  : 7816.5 MB/s

Disk Speed:
         1st run    : 1.3 GB/s
         2nd run    : 1.3 GB/s
         3rd run    : 1.4 GB/s
         -----------------------
         Average    : 1365.3 MB/s

• dragon1993dragon1993 Member
      edited February 9

@vyas11
      Interesting.
      When i run yabs iperf3, i got ~20 min null route. (ipv6 work fine, but ipv4 first drop everything)

Support excellent, i recommend it.

• @dragon1993 said:
      @vyas11
      Interesting.
      When i run yabs iperf3, i got ~20 min null route. (ipv6 work fine, but ipv4 first drop everything)

Same. It happened before migration too. Good to such limit in place though.

Remember the value of LET is purely based on its traffic.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
      edited February 9

@cybertech said:

@dragon1993 said:
      @vyas11
      Interesting.

Run a second time it should work .

Were you running Ubuntu 18.04 by any chance?

Edit:

Monitor the bandwidth usage before and after running YABS. And would you mind PM ‘ing me? Interested in the bandwidth consumption per instance of YABS.

@dragon1993

Ref your message below: good for you mate! Budapest and Bengaluru both start with a B but different distances from Frankfurt unfortunately

• @cybertech said:

@dragon1993 said:
      @vyas11
      Interesting.

Now i tried again. I don't got block.

@vyas11 My speedtest result much better.
      DL: 5310 UP: 1835 Server ID: 2073
      https://www.speedtest.net/result/c/a05622f5-92bc-43e8-bddf-323dbd57f317

Thanked by 2vyas11 mtsbatalha
    • Are you able to combine multiple offers into one larger package?

Example
      3 of the current offer into:
      3 dedicated CPU core
      15 GB DDR4 ECC RAM
      150 GB SSD
      6 TB traffic
      ... etc

Thanked by 1snz
    • Just to point out that the benchmarks posted above aren't literally of the VPS being offered in this thread (initially, I thought otherwise). They're still useful as an indication, of course.

• @angstrom said:
      Just to point out that the benchmarks posted above aren't literally of the VPS being offered in this thread (initially, I thought otherwise). They're still useful as an indication, of course.

Would have been amazing if it was 1 dedicated CPU core, i.e. 2 threads. OP missed the v in vCPU

• vyas11vyas11 Member
      edited February 9

@angstrom said:
      Just to point out that the benchmarks posted above aren't literally of the VPS being offered in this thread (initially, I thought otherwise). They're still useful as an indication, of course.

Hm

Edit:
      @angstrom to your message below: I thought that excluding the processor, rest seemed to be in line- I believe this is the same as the "Groundhog Day" offer that Avoro has posted.

I cannot comment on those who got the upgrade since I did not get any other plan from them before this wee.

• @vyas11 said:

@angstrom said:

Hm

You mean they are?

edited February 9

@vyas11 said: Edit:
      @angstrom to your message below: I thought that excluding the processor, rest seemed to be in line- I believe this is the same as the "Groundhog Day" offer that Avoro has posted.

I understand: it's just that if one posts a benchmark in a particular offer thread without further clarification, others assume (by default, as I did) that the benchmark is of the offer in question.

But I agree: the benchmark is still relevant (given that it's the same provider, etc.).

• vyas11vyas11 Member
      edited February 9

@angstrom said:

I understand: it's just that if one posts a benchmark in a particular offer thread without further clarification, others assume (by default, as I did) that the benchmark is of the offer in question.

But I agree: the benchmark is still relevant (given that it's the same provider, etc.).

Lol
      there was a reason why I said “excluding the processor “. They mentioned AMD Epyc, BM shows the same. But you may notice BM shows “2”.

That is a conundrum best left for the learned and the wise to comment on.

• @vyas11 said:

@angstrom said:

Lol
      there was a reason why I said “excluding the processor “. They mentioned AMD Epyc, BM shows the same. But you may notice BM shows “2”.

I noticed this when I scanned the benchmark for a second time!

That is a conundrum best left for experts to comment on, and I certainly am not one of them.

I merely wanted to explicitly note that the benchmarks posted aren't literally of the offer in question, but that they are indicative nevertheless.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
      edited February 9

I merely wanted to explicitly note that the benchmarks posted aren't literally of the offer in question

Makes me wonder: Does that apply to this specific offer or every offer or BM?

Because in the past week one BM for a vps with ssd showed speeds comparable to hdd. The person who posted it intended to show network performance only, but did not explicitly note as such when they posted it.

Another BM had an extra cpu and RAM than base offer, the poster did not explicitly note that they had opted for optional upgrades till someone asked.

A BM posted today had no date or time stamp, so the 12 plus day uptime and other indicators have to be interpreted on an assumption of recency. Which is rather dangerous .

Then there’s a host who have posted a 7 month old BM in their offer thread. But have not clarified explicitly or provided updates about how busy the node is and so on.

p.s: does one write “a host has” or “ a host have” ? Not planning to take the 84 dollar English lessons

Cheers

edited February 9

@vyas11 said:

I merely wanted to explicitly note that the benchmarks posted aren't literally of the offer in question

Does that apply to this specific offer or every offer or BM?

Because in the past week one BM for a vps with ssd showed speeds comparable to hdd. The person who posted it intended to show network performance only, but did not explicitly note as such.

Another BM had an extra cpu and RAM than base offer, the poster did not explicitly note that they had opted for optional upgrades.

Etc

@vyas11, please don't take this too personally. My initial remark above applied to all of the benchmarks posted, not just yours.

Yes, you're right, other people in other threads sometimes posts benchmarks of related products without explicitly clarifying that the benchmarks aren't literally of the product in question.

One can have two attitudes about benchmarks: (i) one can glance at them briefly and then move on; (ii) one can look at them closely because one is potentially interested in the product in question.

In the case of (ii), it can be initially confusing if the benchmarks aren't literally of the product in question -- this is all.

If the benchmarks aren't literally of the product advertised, I feel that it's easy enough to preface the benchmarks by saying something like "These are benchmarks of the related product X", with a link to X, if possible. (This is what I try to do, but I admittedly rarely post benchmarks.)

It's really just a desideratum, for the sake of clarity, but not everyone will do it, obviously (but in this case, I also feel free to make a clarification).

• vyas11vyas11 Member
      edited February 9

No way taking it personally. Not when a chat with you introduces to me words like desideratum.

Cheers

Thanked by 1angstrom
    • Now we need offers for Intel.

• Disable iperf, after 1 attempt its stuck.

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
      #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
      #                     v2020-02-04                    #
      # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
      # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Mon 10 Feb 01:11:33 +08 2020

Basic System Information:
      Processor  : AMD EPYC 7352 24-Core Processor
      CPU cores  : 1 @ 2299.996 MHz
      AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
      VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
      RAM        : 4.8G
      Swap       : 1.0G
      Disk       : 49G

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
      Block Size | 4kb           (IOPS) | 64kb          (IOPS)
        ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
      Read       | 193.22 MB/s  (48.3k) | 1.56 GB/s    (24.4k)
      Write      | 193.73 MB/s  (48.4k) | 1.57 GB/s    (24.6k)
      Total      | 386.96 MB/s  (96.7k) | 3.14 GB/s    (49.0k)
                 |                      |
      Block Size | 512kb         (IOPS) | 1mb           (IOPS)
        ------   | -----          ----  | ---            ----
      Read       | 1.51 GB/s     (2.9k) | 1.42 GB/s     (1.3k)
      Write      | 1.59 GB/s     (3.1k) | 1.51 GB/s     (1.4k)
      Total      | 3.10 GB/s     (6.0k) | 2.93 GB/s     (2.8k)

Geekbench 4 Benchmark Test:
      Test            | Value
                      |
      Single Core     | 4225
      Multi Core      | 4048
      Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/15214301

Thanked by 1angstrom
    • @myshahrul said: Disable iperf, after 1 attempt its stuck.

I wonder what the issue with iPerf is.

• NeoonNeoon Member

@angstrom said:

@myshahrul said: Disable iperf, after 1 attempt its stuck.

I wonder what the issue with iPerf is.

Maybe the DDoS filtering, dislikes iperf.

Thanked by 2angstrom myshahrul
    • snzsnz Member

@lowending said:
      Are you able to combine multiple offers into one larger package?

Example
      3 dedicated CPU core
      15 GB DDR4 ECC RAM
      150 GB SSD
      6 TB traffic
      ... etc

this.

• @snz said:

@lowending said:
      Are you able to combine multiple offers into one larger package?

Example
      3 dedicated CPU core
      15 GB DDR4 ECC RAM
      150 GB SSD
      6 TB traffic
      ... etc

this.

Thanked by 2angstrom vimalware
    • Actual good deal.