Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
InnoHosting mis-selling UK location and putting new customers in Spain
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

InnoHosting mis-selling UK location and putting new customers in Spain

GazCBGGazCBG Member
edited October 2019 in General

InnoHosting is mis-selling there UK location on there Reseller packages and putting new customers in Spain.
I asked live chat yestarday about the UK server location and was told it would be in RapidSwitch which is a UK datacenter.

-

I have now found out they are mis-selling knowingly as they have not updated there website.

They are moving there UK servers to Spain and putting new customers on the Spain server without asking.

I have requested for the account to be cancelled and refunded

Regards,
Gaz

Comments

• GazCBGGazCBG Member
    edited October 2019

Deleted

Regards,
    Gaz

• kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited October 2019

Shouldn't you have posted here only if incase they don't comply to your refund request? Why before?

• GazCBGGazCBG Member
    edited October 2019

@kkrajk said:
    Shouldn't you have posted here only if incase they don't comply to your refund request? Why before?

I have removed it now ok

Regards,
    Gaz

• Deteled.

Thanked by 1uptime

You are dreaming. | And it's a nightmare. | THE SECRET THREAD | THE TRUTH | HAVES YOU SEEN THIS YURA?
    „Homo homini rattus.“ | It's not nightmare, it's reality, but it's still nightmare.

• Thanked by 1ITLabs

the Amitz.party lives on!

• deankdeank Member, Troll

This is what happens PMS takes over logic.

There are two things that make Earth spin: Money and PMS.

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited October 2019

Amitz
    Deleted
    Change my mind... Amitz
    Deleted
    Brexit
    Deleted
    I don't like my avatar
    Deleted

Chayote

Thanked by 1uptime

#lexit | FatPal - Official LET payment gateway

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Undeleted.

"Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always."

@GazCBG said:
    InnoHosting is mis-selling there UK location on there Reseller packages and putting new customers in Spain.
    I asked live chat yestarday about the UK server location and was told it would be in RapidSwitch which is a UK datacenter.

-

I have now found out they are mis-selling knowingly as they have not updated there website.

They are moving there UK servers to Spain and putting new customers on the Spain server without asking.

I have requested for the account to be cancelled and refunded

In case, he deletes again.

Thanked by 3FAT32 hostdare uptime

• @deank said:
    In case, he deletes again.

Deleted

Thanked by 1uptime

edited October 2019

Looks like OP is having PMS again. He deletes his avatar.
    This is exactly why girls should not be browsing the internet.

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited October 2019

He/She needs to delete something... let it be!

• GazCBGGazCBG Member
    edited October 2019

No I was changing the picture, got a problem with that?
    If you have tough.

The reason I deleted it was I had changed my mind about posting it at this time.
    I was going to wait till I had my refund, but oh well

Thanked by 1uptime

Regards,
    Gaz

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited October 2019

No problem at all. The other day I was a pigeon, then a cockeyed robot and now a dick-tater chayote. What could possibly go wrong?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Top Provider

my bet is, bad logic was used to determine the server is in spain and it was in the UK all along so they refuse your refund.

I am no longer active here, find me at https://talk.lowendspirit.com (Just like LET without the scams)

• SmallWebSmallWeb Member, Provider

@AnthonySmith said:
    my bet is, bad logic was used to determine the server is in spain and it was in the UK all along so they refuse your refund.

Been there. (as a spectator)

GazCBG said: I have now found out they are mis-selling knowingly as they have not updated there website.

How did you find out? It could be the clue we're all missing.

• Please please please don't tell us you found out it was in Spain because you whois'd the IP :|

Looking for IT/Tech/Hosting-related Domain Names? Send me a PM here or on Discord (DP#3914)
    Current Auction(s): HostedTalk

• SmallWebSmallWeb Member, Provider
    edited October 2019

@thedp said:
    Please please please don't tell us you found out it was in Spain because you whois'd the IP :|

Makes it seem like there may be more to the story 👻👻

• GazCBGGazCBG Member
    edited October 2019

@thedp said:
    Please please please don't tell us you found out it was in Spain because you whois'd the IP :|

I did a trace route they was higher then normal for the UK (50ms+ instead of 20-30ms),
    multiple whois search on the IP location, aswell as maxmind

Before I asked them, which they confirmed it was in Spain and told me they moving all UK servers there.

Regards,
    Gaz

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited October 2019

Here's a related Jackanory:
    My cheap Virmach VPS is allegedly located in Chicago (traceroute gateway says LA, Nevada) but the VPS is geoIP located in Germany. :-/ Guess where apt update tries to get updates from, by default.
    Answers not on a postcard.

Running keyhelp on it makes the VPS feel like it's at home. ;)

Thanked by 1hostdare

Long live LowEndInfo.com

• @Mic-hael said:

@thedp said:

Makes it seem like there may be more to the story 👻👻

Actually, there was a provider that tried this on with me, when looking for a UK VPS - it was in fact located in mainland Europe, though I don't recall where/who.

Long live LowEndInfo.com

• @GazCBG said:
    Before I asked them, which they confirmed it was in Spain and told me they moving all UK servers there.

Is that what they said or is that what you're saying based on your understanding of their response to you?

Because.. "moving all UK servers there" and "moving all UK services there" is a big difference, but having the same outcome :lol:

Looking for IT/Tech/Hosting-related Domain Names? Send me a PM here or on Discord (DP#3914)

• @GazCBG said:

@thedp said:

I did a trace route they was higher then normal for the UK (50ms+ instead of 20-30ms),
    multiple whois search on the IP location, aswell as maxmind

So, what subnet are we talking about?

Why won’t they change this on their homepage?

• I'm so angry >:( how dare they

lurking in the shadows like a wombat or some shit

I blame Brexit.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited October 2019

@GazCBG said:
    I did a trace route they was higher then normal for the UK (50ms+ instead of 20-30ms)

Then? It's than, FFS! Or are you saying that it's now returned to normal?

Long live LowEndInfo.com

• GazCBGGazCBG Member
    edited October 2019

Here is what they said

We are currently planning a migration to the Spain DC where both the infrastructure and the server hardware has been boosted in order to provide even better service to our clients. We have deployed your account on the Spain infrastructure to avoid the need of migrating your account very soon.

The package details will be updated on our website when we migrate the current UK servers to Spain.

However if you insist of migrating your account to a UK server of ours we can assist you with it but you would need to have in mind that it will be migrated in Spain in the near future as well.

-

@AlwaysSkint said:

@GazCBG said:
    I did a trace route they was higher then normal for the UK (50ms+ instead of 20-30ms)

Then? It's than, FFS! Or are you saying that it's now returned to normal?

No InnoHosting it still 50ms+, my UK hosting (with someone else) is still 20-30ms

-

@debaser said:
    So, what subnet are we talking about?

191.96.102.XXX

Regards,
    Gaz

• @GazCBG said:
    Here is what they said

We are currently planning a migration to the Spain DC where both the infrastructure and the server hardware has been boosted in order to provide even better service to our clients. We have deployed your account on the Spain infrastructure to avoid the need of migrating your account very soon.

The package details will be updated on our website when we migrate the current UK servers to Spain.

However if you insist of migrating your account to a UK server of ours we can assist you with it but you would need to have in mind that it will be migrated in Spain in the near future as well.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with that as it seems like an acceptable explanation.

If talking through ever worked, there would be no divorces.

• GazCBGGazCBG Member
    edited October 2019

@thedp said:
    Personally I don't see anything wrong with that as it seems like an acceptable explanation.

There site has USA or UK, I signed up for UK, there is nothing about EU/Spain hosting.
    Now if they sent that message before creating the account, I would of cancelled the order and forgot about it, but they didn't.

My point is they are mis-selling there UK location as EU/Spain.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint

Regards,
    Gaz

• @GazCBG said:

I don't see this as "mis-selling".

The above statement clearly indicates that they do have services in the UK and is still in production. However, they are planning to move services out of the UK to the ES, to a better infrastructure.

• GazCBGGazCBG Member
    edited October 2019

So as you and other see they still have UK servers.

Why did they put me on it to start with, or at least ask me before creating the account.

They presumed and put me on an Spain server without asking, while still advertising UK location on there website which they charge extra for.

No where on there site, does it state about orders in the UK being put in Spain.
    This is why I said about mis-selling.

It would take minutes if that, to change UK to EU or Spain on there website.

-

From Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misselling

Misselling is the deliberate, reckless, or negligent sale of products or services in circumstances where the contract is either misrepresented, or the product or service is unsuitable for the customer's needs.

It is not suitable for my needs as I needed UK hosting not Spanish hosting
    Or moving to a Spanish server from a UK server.

Regards,
    Gaz

• Refund, move on..

Thanked by 1GazCBG

Long live LowEndInfo.com

• So, any bench?

Thanked by 1uptime

Remember the value of LET is purely based on its traffic.

• GazCBGGazCBG Member
    edited October 2019

@cybertech said:
    So, any bench?

No
    I haven't used the account and checked the IP first like I do with all my hosting providers I use.

Regards,
    Gaz

• JordJord Moderator, Provider

If I could be bothered I would probe and see if they are in Spain. But I can't be bothered :joy:

BillingServ - Easy, simple, and hassle-free online invoicing solution. Contact us today.
    BaseServ Certified to ISO/IEC 27001:2013

edited October 2019

Neither can I. He doesn't bother. So, we don't bother.

Simple as dat.

@Jord said:
    If I could be bothered I would probe and see if they are in Spain. But I can't be bothered :joy:

@deank said:
    Neither can I. He doesn't bother. So, we don't bother.

Simple as dat.

I checked, he is correct, that /24 is routed in Spain, specifically in https://www.ripe.net/membership/indices/data/es.bitnap.html

so... guess this is the foot stamp that makes the rule.

Thanked by 1GazCBG

I am no longer active here, find me at https://talk.lowendspirit.com (Just like LET without the scams)

• JordJord Moderator, Provider

Oh dear

BillingServ - Easy, simple, and hassle-free online invoicing solution. Contact us today.
    BaseServ Certified to ISO/IEC 27001:2013

Amitz.

Thanked by 1Amitz

• GazCBGGazCBG Member
    edited October 2019

@AnthonySmith said:
    I checked, he is correct, that /24 is routed in Spain, specifically in https://www.ripe.net/membership/indices/data/es.bitnap.html

so... guess this is the foot stamp that makes the rule.

Thanks for checking :)

I would of gained nothing from lying and would of made myself look even more stupid, than I have already.

Regards,
    Gaz

GazCBG said: I would of gained nothing from lying and would of made myself look even more stupid, than I have already.

I never thought you were lying tbh, just so many complains like this I see, (easy 99/100) it turns out they just whois the IP and rely on nothing else.

You were totally within your rights to tell them to fuck off here :)