Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

InnoHosting mis-selling UK location and putting new customers in Spain
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

InnoHosting mis-selling UK location and putting new customers in Spain

GazCBGGazCBG Member
edited October 2019 in General

InnoHosting is mis-selling there UK location on there Reseller packages and putting new customers in Spain.
I asked live chat yestarday about the UK server location and was told it would be in RapidSwitch which is a UK datacenter.

-

I have now found out they are mis-selling knowingly as they have not updated there website.

They are moving there UK servers to Spain and putting new customers on the Spain server without asking.

I have requested for the account to be cancelled and refunded

Comments

• GazCBGGazCBG Member
    edited October 2019

Deleted

• kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited October 2019

Shouldn't you have posted here only if incase they don't comply to your refund request? Why before?

• GazCBGGazCBG Member
    edited October 2019

@kkrajk said:
    Shouldn't you have posted here only if incase they don't comply to your refund request? Why before?

I have removed it now ok

• Deteled.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

This is what happens PMS takes over logic.

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited October 2019

Amitz
    Deleted
    Change my mind... Amitz
    Deleted
    Brexit
    Deleted
    I don't like my avatar
    Deleted

Chayote

Thanked by 1uptime
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@GazCBG said:
    InnoHosting is mis-selling there UK location on there Reseller packages and putting new customers in Spain.
    I asked live chat yestarday about the UK server location and was told it would be in RapidSwitch which is a UK datacenter.

-

I have now found out they are mis-selling knowingly as they have not updated there website.

They are moving there UK servers to Spain and putting new customers on the Spain server without asking.

I have requested for the account to be cancelled and refunded

In case, he deletes again.

Thanked by 3FAT32 hostdare uptime
  • @deank said:
    In case, he deletes again.

Deleted

Thanked by 1uptime
    edited October 2019

Looks like OP is having PMS again. He deletes his avatar.
    This is exactly why girls should not be browsing the internet.

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited October 2019

He/She needs to delete something... let it be!

• GazCBGGazCBG Member
    edited October 2019

No I was changing the picture, got a problem with that?
    If you have tough.

The reason I deleted it was I had changed my mind about posting it at this time.
    I was going to wait till I had my refund, but oh well

Thanked by 1uptime
  • ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited October 2019

No problem at all. The other day I was a pigeon, then a cockeyed robot and now a dick-tater chayote. What could possibly go wrong?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

my bet is, bad logic was used to determine the server is in spain and it was in the UK all along so they refuse your refund.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    my bet is, bad logic was used to determine the server is in spain and it was in the UK all along so they refuse your refund.

Been there. (as a spectator)

GazCBG said: I have now found out they are mis-selling knowingly as they have not updated there website.

How did you find out? It could be the clue we're all missing.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Please please please don't tell us you found out it was in Spain because you whois'd the IP :|

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited October 2019

@thedp said:
    Please please please don't tell us you found out it was in Spain because you whois'd the IP :|

Makes it seem like there may be more to the story 👻👻

• GazCBGGazCBG Member
    edited October 2019

@thedp said:

I did a trace route they was higher then normal for the UK (50ms+ instead of 20-30ms),
    multiple whois search on the IP location, aswell as maxmind

Before I asked them, which they confirmed it was in Spain and told me they moving all UK servers there.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited October 2019

Here's a related Jackanory:
    My cheap Virmach VPS is allegedly located in Chicago (traceroute gateway says LA, Nevada) but the VPS is geoIP located in Germany. :-/ Guess where apt update tries to get updates from, by default.
    Answers not on a postcard.

Running keyhelp on it makes the VPS feel like it's at home. ;)

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • @Mic-hael said:

@thedp said:

Makes it seem like there may be more to the story 👻👻

Actually, there was a provider that tried this on with me, when looking for a UK VPS - it was in fact located in mainland Europe, though I don't recall where/who.

@GazCBG said:
    Before I asked them, which they confirmed it was in Spain and told me they moving all UK servers there.

Is that what they said or is that what you're saying based on your understanding of their response to you?

Because.. "moving all UK servers there" and "moving all UK services there" is a big difference, but having the same outcome :lol:

• @GazCBG said:

@thedp said:

I did a trace route they was higher then normal for the UK (50ms+ instead of 20-30ms),
    multiple whois search on the IP location, aswell as maxmind

So, what subnet are we talking about?

Why won’t they change this on their homepage?

• I'm so angry >:( how dare they

I blame Brexit.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited October 2019

@GazCBG said:
    I did a trace route they was higher then normal for the UK (50ms+ instead of 20-30ms)

Then? It's than, FFS! Or are you saying that it's now returned to normal?

• GazCBGGazCBG Member
    edited October 2019

Here is what they said

We are currently planning a migration to the Spain DC where both the infrastructure and the server hardware has been boosted in order to provide even better service to our clients. We have deployed your account on the Spain infrastructure to avoid the need of migrating your account very soon.

The package details will be updated on our website when we migrate the current UK servers to Spain.

However if you insist of migrating your account to a UK server of ours we can assist you with it but you would need to have in mind that it will be migrated in Spain in the near future as well.

-

@AlwaysSkint said:

@GazCBG said:
    I did a trace route they was higher then normal for the UK (50ms+ instead of 20-30ms)

Then? It's than, FFS! Or are you saying that it's now returned to normal?

No InnoHosting it still 50ms+, my UK hosting (with someone else) is still 20-30ms

-

@debaser said:
    So, what subnet are we talking about?

191.96.102.XXX

@GazCBG said:
    Here is what they said

We are currently planning a migration to the Spain DC where both the infrastructure and the server hardware has been boosted in order to provide even better service to our clients. We have deployed your account on the Spain infrastructure to avoid the need of migrating your account very soon.

The package details will be updated on our website when we migrate the current UK servers to Spain.

However if you insist of migrating your account to a UK server of ours we can assist you with it but you would need to have in mind that it will be migrated in Spain in the near future as well.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with that as it seems like an acceptable explanation.

If talking through ever worked, there would be no divorces.