Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Kernel-Power 41 ERROR - Restarts Hetzner Dedicated Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Kernel-Power 41 ERROR - Restarts Hetzner Dedicated Server

Thanos92Thanos92 Member
edited September 2019 in General

Hello! The last 2 months i get some Restarts with error code! I have Hetzner Dedicated Windows Server 2016 OS!

  • Kernel-Power 41 The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

  • And some bugchecks!

I report this to Hetzner support and they provide me 3 solutions:

  • Replace the server and put my old SSD disks

  • Replace the server and the SDD disks with new

  • Run a software about 14 - 15 hours to check for hardware errors

I select the first solution and they (say) already replace me the server but after the replacment the same restarts happen again with the same error!

So if the errors coming from a Hardware failure its logical to have the same errors again as they say replace me the server ?

Maybe the errors coming from the disks ? Or maybe its a software or OS error ?

Thank you for your time!

Comments

  • l2o88jl2o88j Member
    edited September 2019

    Is it with Ubuntu 18.04 OS?

    Edit: Didn't read OS part. Sorry about that

  • @l2o88j said:
    Is it with Ubuntu 18.04 OS?

    I have Hetzner Dedicated Windows Server 2016 OS!

  • #lexit | FatPal - Official LET payment gateway

  • Anyone can give a help please ?

  • I have the same problem. It happened on both Windows and Linux. I can't find a reason, I have asked for hardware check, but didn't find hw fail. Eventually, I gave it up and move to another server.

  • Which Hetzner server is it, i.e. EX62-NVME?

    My friend has encountered a kernel panic on the EX62-NVME server that was caused by the network drivers, and after getting his hands on IPMI/KVM and multiple chats with support they got that part updated.

  • @XNQ said:
    Which Hetzner server is it, i.e. EX62-NVME?

    My friend has encountered a kernel panic on the EX62-NVME server that was caused by the network drivers, and after getting his hands on IPMI/KVM and multiple chats with support they got that part updated.

    Hello! Yes is the EX62-NVME! I got a replacment now! Do you believe i can still get the errors after my new server is ready ?

    Can you ask your friends to say what part get updated ?

  • @Thanos92 said:

    @XNQ said:
    Which Hetzner server is it, i.e. EX62-NVME?

    My friend has encountered a kernel panic on the EX62-NVME server that was caused by the network drivers, and after getting his hands on IPMI/KVM and multiple chats with support they got that part updated.

    Hello! Yes is the EX62-NVME! I got a replacment now! Do you believe i can still get the errors after my new server is ready ?

    Can you ask your friends to say what part get updated ?

    Dang, yeah it's something with the drivers on those servers. Afaik they also use 1-2 year old bios firmware that aren't able to update due to some unclear restriction(s).

    I'll ping my friend and see if he can remember what he did to fix it :)

  • @XNQ said:

    @Thanos92 said:

    @XNQ said:
    Which Hetzner server is it, i.e. EX62-NVME?

    My friend has encountered a kernel panic on the EX62-NVME server that was caused by the network drivers, and after getting his hands on IPMI/KVM and multiple chats with support they got that part updated.

    Hello! Yes is the EX62-NVME! I got a replacment now! Do you believe i can still get the errors after my new server is ready ?

    Can you ask your friends to say what part get updated ?

    Dang, yeah it's something with the drivers on those servers. Afaik they also use 1-2 year old bios firmware that aren't able to update due to some unclear restriction(s).

    I'll ping my friend and see if he can remember what he did to fix it :)

    Thank you for your help! Yesterday they updaye my BIOS but after the update i get again error Kernel!So maybe its fault by a Hardware part ? I will see how the new server going and i will update her! But if you have any new from your friend please post here to know what they fixed!

    Thanks!

  • i have the same problem on EX62-NVME but with centos 7 on it .

    did you find a solution ?

  • Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Provider

    hamidane said: i have the same problem on EX62-NVME but with centos 7 on it .

    This is the norm for this server, it is overheating. I often happen on 9900k servers.

    Create a ticket, attach these errors and ask to replace the server without replacing the disks.

    My Hosting: ABCVG.net

  • I have a solution for this. PM me for more info.

  • kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited June 11

    @lowprofile said:
    I have a solution for this. PM me for more info.

    Share it with us too, don't be shy...

  • I wont share it like that. The fix cost me indirectly 10k USD. I would like to assist. PM me.
    and Hetzner filled me with lies and no support. You think i will post the fix just like that? Esspecially when it cost me a transfer completely from Hetzner due to bad support and non-true statements. That show cost me 10k USD + loss of clients.

  • CConnerCConner Member, Provider
    edited June 12

    DMed him to see what his response was

    Absolutely disgusting

    Thanked by 1fLoo

    GameDash, an AIO solution uniting billing, support & game server management platform.
    Visit our website or join our Discord to find out more.

  • What is disgusting about this? I am selling you a service which i spent 1 month on solving, and no one able to fix. You think i will share such knowledge just free - what for?

    I always contribute but in this case, it cost me 10k which i would like partially to cover.
    No one is forcing you to buy - if you can live with a crashy server against your clients, well good for you. I couldnt - thats why troubleshooting and switching servers and fixing cost me a fortune.

  • hostfactorhostfactor Member
    edited June 12

    @lowprofile said:
    I have a solution for this. PM me for more info.

    The right reply was:

    I have a solution for this, it will cost you $100.

    Thanked by 1fLoo

    Web and VPS hosting - Top notch performance

  • @zuby2402 said:

    @lowprofile said:
    I have a solution for this. PM me for more info.

    The right reply was:

    I have a solution for this, it will cost you $100.

    Almost right. You forgot the "PM" sentence.

  • DiamondzDiamondz Member

    It's quite interesting to see how some people have a $10,000 worth of loss from an unavailability of a service worth $80.

    Thanked by 1fLoo
  • @Diamondz said:
    It's quite interesting to see how some people have a $10,000 worth of loss from an unavailability of a service worth $80.

    It's quite interesting to see how some people are struggling with math.

    :|

  • poissonpoisson Member

    @lowprofile said:

    @Diamondz said:
    It's quite interesting to see how some people have a $10,000 worth of loss from an unavailability of a service worth $80.

    It's quite interesting to see how some people are struggling with math.

    :|

    Join on June 11 to make $100 bucks. Totally doesn't smell fishy.

    Thanked by 2bdl fLoo

    Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Follow latest deals on Twitter or Telegram

  • Thanos92Thanos92 Member

    The last week my server start again to Auto-Restart after a lot months without any problem.

    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

    Event ID: 41

  • CConnerCConner Member, Provider

    GameDash, an AIO solution uniting billing, support & game server management platform.
    Visit our website or join our Discord to find out more.

  • AidanAidan Member

    @lowprofile said: it cost me 10k

    @lowprofile said: i spent 1 month 18 hours almost daily

    @lowprofile said: and atleast 100 crashes

    Bullshit. There's no way that it took you ~450 hours to reinstall a driver, or limit power usage.

    Thanked by 1fLoo
  • ShuShu Member

    I have been struggling with this for over 8 months as well, I got new hardware twice while keeping the disks, if anyone found a solution, please share it with me as well

    @lowprofile stay tf away

  • CConnerCConner Member, Provider

    I think we can conclude that this is a structural problem with the hardware Hetzner is renting out as we've had a few weird reboots even while running Linux.

    Surprising that this issue hasn't been addressed a year after the product's release.

    GameDash, an AIO solution uniting billing, support & game server management platform.
    Visit our website or join our Discord to find out more.

  • Here comes the "budget provider" part.

  • Thanos92Thanos92 Member

    @Hetzner_OL Would respect you, if you gave us an answer!

  • CConnerCConner Member, Provider
    edited July 5

    @SCAM_DONT_BUY said:
    Here comes the "budget provider" part.

    Being a "budget provider" is not an excuse for the product itself not functioning.

    Thanked by 1SCAM_DONT_BUY

    GameDash, an AIO solution uniting billing, support & game server management platform.
    Visit our website or join our Discord to find out more.

  • HyperK9HyperK9 Member

    I used to get the exact same issue on the same server model, I just gave up and went with a different provider.

  • Thanos92Thanos92 Member

    @HyperK9 said:
    I used to get the exact same issue on the same server model, I just gave up and went with a different provider.

    With the same moneys ?

  • Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Provider, Top Provider

    Hi LET readers, I am very sorry about the delayed response here. I have been out of the office for about a week and am just catching up with things here on LET. In addition, the person I would normally ask about this question seems to be on vacation, and I am trying to contact the next best person. (I'm sorry that I don't have the technical background to help you further myself.)
    @Thanos92 and @Shu - Until I can find an answer, I suggest that you continue to communicate with our support team. Give them as much information as possible so that they can rule out any other possible issues. They may ask you for additional information to help them assess the problem.
    --Katie

    Thanked by 1Mahfuz_SS_EHL

    We (Katie and Helena) will do our best to answer your Hetzner questions and pass on your feedback. Hetzner Online's not liable for any corny jokes that we make. (https://www.hetzner.com)

  • Thanos92Thanos92 Member

    @Hetzner_OL said:
    Hi LET readers, I am very sorry about the delayed response here. I have been out of the office for about a week and am just catching up with things here on LET. In addition, the person I would normally ask about this question seems to be on vacation, and I am trying to contact the next best person. (I'm sorry that I don't have the technical background to help you further myself.)
    @Thanos92 and @Shu - Until I can find an answer, I suggest that you continue to communicate with our support team. Give them as much information as possible so that they can rule out any other possible issues. They may ask you for additional information to help them assess the problem.
    --Katie

    Hello,

    I already talk via email with your support and the first time they change me server with mine drives but the problem still exist and the second time they change me server with new drives and again the problem is here :)

  • Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Provider, Top Provider

    Hi again @Thanos92 - I spoke to one of my colleagues (André R.) and he thinks the best course of action for you might be to request another server replacement in a support ticket. Explain that you are still experiencing difficulties and any other trouble shooting that you have done. Or, you could switch to a different server model, for example, one from the AX line. Please keep communicating with our team via the support ticket system.

    On a small number of the EX62-NVMes, we have noticed some instabilities, but we are still unsure of the root cause. We are in contact with the hardware vendors, but we are also still collecting as much information as possible. (And as I said, the root cause is still unclear.) So any details that you can give us are helpful. --Katie

    We (Katie and Helena) will do our best to answer your Hetzner questions and pass on your feedback. Hetzner Online's not liable for any corny jokes that we make. (https://www.hetzner.com)

  • CConnerCConner Member, Provider
    edited July 7

    @Hetzner_OL said:
    Hi again @Thanos92 - I spoke to one of my colleagues (André R.) and he thinks the best course of action for you might be to request another server replacement in a support ticket. Explain that you are still experiencing difficulties and any other trouble shooting that you have done. Or, you could switch to a different server model, for example, one from the AX line. Please keep communicating with our team via the support ticket system.

    On a small number of the EX62-NVMes, we have noticed some instabilities, but we are still unsure of the root cause. We are in contact with the hardware vendors, but we are also still collecting as much information as possible. (And as I said, the root cause is still unclear.) So any details that you can give us are helpful. --Katie

    Seeing the number of replies to this thread and having experienced this exact same issue myself I wouldn't simply write it off as a problem only a "small number" of people have to deal with. We even got a replacement server at some point with the exact same issue. We've seen improvements in stability running Linux but still get the occasional reboot on one making the server basically unusable for any production purpose. What does Hetzner plan to do about this in the short term?

    GameDash, an AIO solution uniting billing, support & game server management platform.
    Visit our website or join our Discord to find out more.

  • ShuShu Member

    @Hetzner_OL said:
    @Thanos92 and @Shu - Until I can find an answer, I suggest that you continue to communicate with our support team. Give them as much information as possible so that they can rule out any other possible issues. They may ask you for additional information to help them assess the problem.
    --Katie

    Hi Katie,
    Honestly, I have given up on this. As I said before, I already got it replaced twice and I see no reason to try it again given that people are still experiencing it. It was a major problem on EX62 so I moved to EX52 a while back but it still happens frequently especially on windows servers.
    It's been good 8-9 months and I have learned to live with it now.

  • Haha - this is so funny.

    Thanos92: Drop me a private msg, i will fix it free for you if you want. Just to prove hetzners ridiculous support team and bunch of miserly people here.

  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Member, Provider

    @lowprofile said:
    Haha - this is so funny.

    Thanos92: Drop me a private msg, i will fix it free for you if you want. Just to prove hetzners ridiculous support team and bunch of miserly people here.

    It's the best to contact hetzner & tell them that you discovered a solution, I think they would give you some sort of reward. @Hetzner_OL also might have something for you. If you have discovered something, try to contribute, I know this won't cover up your losses bt certainly this will help others :)

    AlphaSSL Revocation Issue is being investigated.

  • And of curse they dont care to found a solution! My server only today auto-rebooted 3 times for the same ERROR reason @Hetzner_OL

  • fLoofLoo Member

    I dont have an EX62 laying around but if you're willed to provide me with a rescue-system i can investigate free of charge. I'm a long termer here, i think there are enough people to assure you that i can be trusted :)

  • UltraVPS.eu KVM in US/UK/NL/DE: 15% off first 6 month | Netcup VPS/rootDS - 5€ off: 36nc15279180197 (ref)

  • CConnerCConner Member, Provider

    GameDash, an AIO solution uniting billing, support & game server management platform.
    Visit our website or join our Discord to find out more.

Sign In or Register to comment.