Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kernel-Power 41 ERROR - Restarts Hetzner Dedicated Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kernel-Power 41 ERROR - Restarts Hetzner Dedicated Server

Thanos92Thanos92 Member
edited September 2019 in General

Hello! The last 2 months i get some Restarts with error code! I have Hetzner Dedicated Windows Server 2016 OS!

• Kernel-Power 41 The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

• And some bugchecks!

I report this to Hetzner support and they provide me 3 solutions:

• Replace the server and put my old SSD disks

• Replace the server and the SDD disks with new

• Run a software about 14 - 15 hours to check for hardware errors

I select the first solution and they (say) already replace me the server but after the replacment the same restarts happen again with the same error!

So if the errors coming from a Hardware failure its logical to have the same errors again as they say replace me the server ?

Maybe the errors coming from the disks ? Or maybe its a software or OS error ?

Thank you for your time!

Comments

• l2o88jl2o88j Member
    edited September 2019

Is it with Ubuntu 18.04 OS?

Edit: Didn't read OS part. Sorry about that

• @l2o88j said:
    Is it with Ubuntu 18.04 OS?

I have Hetzner Dedicated Windows Server 2016 OS!

• Anyone can give a help please ?

• I have the same problem. It happened on both Windows and Linux. I can't find a reason, I have asked for hardware check, but didn't find hw fail. Eventually, I gave it up and move to another server.

• Which Hetzner server is it, i.e. EX62-NVME?

My friend has encountered a kernel panic on the EX62-NVME server that was caused by the network drivers, and after getting his hands on IPMI/KVM and multiple chats with support they got that part updated.

• @XNQ said:
    Which Hetzner server is it, i.e. EX62-NVME?

My friend has encountered a kernel panic on the EX62-NVME server that was caused by the network drivers, and after getting his hands on IPMI/KVM and multiple chats with support they got that part updated.

Hello! Yes is the EX62-NVME! I got a replacment now! Do you believe i can still get the errors after my new server is ready ?

Can you ask your friends to say what part get updated ?

• @Thanos92 said:

@XNQ said:

Hello! Yes is the EX62-NVME! I got a replacment now! Do you believe i can still get the errors after my new server is ready ?

Dang, yeah it's something with the drivers on those servers. Afaik they also use 1-2 year old bios firmware that aren't able to update due to some unclear restriction(s).

I'll ping my friend and see if he can remember what he did to fix it :)

• @XNQ said:

@Thanos92 said:

@XNQ said:

Dang, yeah it's something with the drivers on those servers. Afaik they also use 1-2 year old bios firmware that aren't able to update due to some unclear restriction(s).

I'll ping my friend and see if he can remember what he did to fix it :)

Thank you for your help! Yesterday they updaye my BIOS but after the update i get again error Kernel!So maybe its fault by a Hardware part ? I will see how the new server going and i will update her! But if you have any new from your friend please post here to know what they fixed!

Thanks!

• i have the same problem on EX62-NVME but with centos 7 on it .

did you find a solution ?

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

hamidane said: i have the same problem on EX62-NVME but with centos 7 on it .

This is the norm for this server, it is overheating. I often happen on 9900k servers.

Create a ticket, attach these errors and ask to replace the server without replacing the disks.

• I have a solution for this. PM me for more info.

• kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited June 2020

@lowprofile said:
    I have a solution for this. PM me for more info.

Share it with us too, don't be shy...

• I wont share it like that. The fix cost me indirectly 10k USD. I would like to assist. PM me.
    and Hetzner filled me with lies and no support. You think i will post the fix just like that? Esspecially when it cost me a transfer completely from Hetzner due to bad support and non-true statements. That show cost me 10k USD + loss of clients.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2020

DMed him to see what his response was

Absolutely disgusting

Thanked by 1fLoo
  • What is disgusting about this? I am selling you a service which i spent 1 month on solving, and no one able to fix. You think i will share such knowledge just free - what for?

I always contribute but in this case, it cost me 10k which i would like partially to cover.
    No one is forcing you to buy - if you can live with a crashy server against your clients, well good for you. I couldnt - thats why troubleshooting and switching servers and fixing cost me a fortune.

• AndruAndru Member
    edited June 2020

@lowprofile said:

The right reply was:

I have a solution for this, it will cost you $100.

Thanked by 1fLoo
  • @zuby2402 said:

@lowprofile said:

The right reply was:

I have a solution for this, it will cost you $100.

Almost right. You forgot the "PM" sentence.

• It's quite interesting to see how some people have a $10,000 worth of loss from an unavailability of a service worth $80.

Thanked by 1fLoo
  • @Diamondz said:
    It's quite interesting to see how some people have a $10,000 worth of loss from an unavailability of a service worth $80.

It's quite interesting to see how some people are struggling with math.

:|

• @lowprofile said:

@Diamondz said:
    It's quite interesting to see how some people have a $10,000 worth of loss from an unavailability of a service worth $80.

It's quite interesting to see how some people are struggling with math.

:|

Join on June 11 to make $100 bucks. Totally doesn't smell fishy.

Thanked by 2bdl fLoo
  • The last week my server start again to Auto-Restart after a lot months without any problem.

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Event ID: 41

• AidanAidan Member

@lowprofile said: it cost me 10k

@lowprofile said: i spent 1 month 18 hours almost daily

@lowprofile said: and atleast 100 crashes

Bullshit. There's no way that it took you ~450 hours to reinstall a driver, or limit power usage.

Thanked by 1fLoo
  • ShuShu Member

I have been struggling with this for over 8 months as well, I got new hardware twice while keeping the disks, if anyone found a solution, please share it with me as well

@lowprofile stay tf away

I think we can conclude that this is a structural problem with the hardware Hetzner is renting out as we've had a few weird reboots even while running Linux.

Surprising that this issue hasn't been addressed a year after the product's release.

• Here comes the "budget provider" part.

• @Hetzner_OL Would respect you, if you gave us an answer!

edited July 2020

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:
    Here comes the "budget provider" part.

Being a "budget provider" is not an excuse for the product itself not functioning.

Thanked by 1SCAM_DONT_BUY