Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Oracle Cloud Free Tier - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Oracle Cloud Free Tier

1567810

Comments

  • punderpunder Member

    Anyone with his server still up and running?

  • ese_enzoese_enzo Member

    Me, well... let me check.... yeap!!

    Thanked by 1punder
  • GanonkGanonk Member

    hello all,

    how long oracle cloud will be activated?

    but my account until now Not activated, since two week ago.

    don't forget to click Thanks

  • @punder said:
    Anyone with his server still up and running?

    I lost both servers on two accounts when Oracle fucked something up some months ago. Some were said to be non recoverable, but I couldn't access the ones that should have still worked.

    In the end, the servers are slower than Cloud at Cost v1 servers and have lost data several times. I've got too many idling VPS' to keep being a guinea pig for Oracle. Maybe they'll catch up somewhat in 3 years or so. If you lose my VPS entirely or cause corruption, it's time to move away to a more reliable service.

    Thanked by 1punder
  • ese_enzoese_enzo Member

    My account is full activated since October and my machines are running since November

    Thanked by 1punder
  • One of my machines has been down for a while.

    Any idea how can I contact them without being allowed to open an official service request?

  • rm_rm_ Member

    Any idea how can I contact them without being allowed to open an official service request?

    There's a community forum on their site, try that.

    Thanked by 1farsighter
  • deer76deer76 Member

    donli said: Oracle giving away something for free?....

    If you look closely, somewhere in the contract terms it will be stated that you forfeit your soul for an indefinite amount of time

    Thanked by 1default
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Member

    farsighter said: Any idea how can I contact them

    Try their live chat maybe? otherwise the forum.

  • defaultdefault Member

    @deer76 said:

    donli said: Oracle giving away something for free?....

    If you look closely, somewhere in the contract terms it will be stated that you forfeit your soul for an indefinite amount of time

    There is no such thing as soul. Let them have something that does not exist, if it makes them happy.

    Thanked by 1TimboJones

    Fastmako (aff) - great VPS for your needs.

  • OujiOuji Member

    I think it's time I try that. Two free VPSes with that amount in bandwidth for my country is something unheard of.

  • xaocxaoc Member

    @farsighter said:
    One of my machines has been down for a while.

    Any idea how can I contact them without being allowed to open an official service request?

    No way of recreating it? back it up, remove and create a new VM from the boot volume.

    So Say We All

  • @xaoc said:

    @farsighter said:
    One of my machines has been down for a while.

    Any idea how can I contact them without being allowed to open an official service request?

    No way of recreating it? back it up, remove and create a new VM from the boot volume.

    The problem is that server is in an exotic location. If it's terminated and IP lost I won't be able to recreate it for ages.

  • pbxpbx Member

    My VPS has been great for the price. It's annoying to have to navigate through their crap panel to open a port but once everything is running it works fine, in my experience at least.

    Netcup 5 EUR discount code: 36nc15825765590 (aff)

  • xaocxaoc Member

    @farsighter said:

    @xaoc said:

    @farsighter said:
    One of my machines has been down for a while.

    Any idea how can I contact them without being allowed to open an official service request?

    No way of recreating it? back it up, remove and create a new VM from the boot volume.

    The problem is that server is in an exotic location. If it's terminated and IP lost I won't be able to recreate it for ages.

    Did you try the console?
    https://docs.cloud.oracle.com/en-us/iaas/Content/Compute/References/serialconsole.htm

    So Say We All

  • Yes but process of creating connection is running forever...
    It seems VM doesn't even boot to a minimal point where successful console connection can be created.

  • @farsighter said:

    @xaoc said:

    @farsighter said:
    One of my machines has been down for a while.

    Any idea how can I contact them without being allowed to open an official service request?

    No way of recreating it? back it up, remove and create a new VM from the boot volume.

    The problem is that server is in an exotic location. If it's terminated and IP lost I won't be able to recreate it for ages.

    You can reserve one IP, but only one per free account. The second IP will be dynamic.

    Thanked by 1farsighter
  • farsighterfarsighter Member
    edited May 27

    @TimboJones said:
    You can reserve one IP, but only one per free account. The second IP will be dynamic.

    Really? How to reserve & reassign ?
    Very interesting

  • smile93smile93 Member
    edited May 30

    @bloodyprince said:

    @farsighter said:
    Really? How to reserve & reassign ?
    Very interesting

    How to reserve and attach IP to Oracle VM instance

    @farsighter

    compute --> Instances --> your instance --> Attached VNICs (Bottom Left) --> your primary VNIC --> IP Addresses (Bottom Left) --> Assign Private IP address --> Key in your private ip --> At bottom of the page --> Public IP --> Choose Reserved Public IP --> Give a name for the Public IP.

    Back to you instance, add second static private ip, check you firewall and gateway. You are done.

    Thanked by 1farsighter

    [“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”]

  • OujiOuji Member

    Does the 20GB object storage is a part of the block storage? So if I create 2 VMs I don't have object storage at all?

  • smile93smile93 Member

    @Ouji said:
    Does the 20GB object storage is a part of the block storage? So if I create 2 VMs I don't have object storage at all?

    yes. it is part of the block storage.

    Thanked by 1Ouji

    [“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”]

  • OujiOuji Member

    smile93 said: yes. it is part of the block storage.

    Sad to hear. I guess I can't create two VMs and use it then. Thanks.

  • @Ouji said:
    Does the 20GB object storage is a part of the block storage? So if I create 2 VMs I don't have object storage at all?

    No.
    You can make 2 VM and 20GB object storage.

  • OujiOuji Member
    edited June 1

    dragon1993 said: No.
    You can make 2 VM and 20GB object storage.

    How? People said earlier the minimum boot volume was 46GB. If I create too I won't have 20GB left. What is the minimum boot image?

  • Has anyone run into this issue before? For some reason my service limit for E2.1 Micro Cores is 0 and I have no clue why. I have one free tier VM active currently but wanted to create my second instance and it doesn't even show the VM.Standard.E2.1.Micro option during Instance creation because of this service limit, it's just completely blank. No out of host capacity errors/notifications or anything.

  • edited August 20

    No issues here on one of my primary accounts in Zurich. When was the last time you had access?

  • xaocxaoc Member

    @Bonsai99 said:
    Has anyone run into this issue before? For some reason my service limit for E2.1 Micro Cores is 0 and I have no clue why. I have one free tier VM active currently but wanted to create my second instance and it doesn't even show the VM.Standard.E2.1.Micro option during Instance creation because of this service limit, it's just completely blank. No out of host capacity errors/notifications or anything.

    Do you have different availability domains under "scope"? You seem to have created your VM in teh wrong AD which is why your service limit shows as 0. Check the other ADs and report back with the good newds. xD

    So Say We All

  • @daxterfellowes said:
    No issues here on one of my primary accounts in Zurich. When was the last time you had access?

    Likely sometime in July, I initially created one instance on the free tier then came back later to create another but no dice, been that way ever since.

    @xaoc said:
    Do you have different availability domains under "scope"? You seem to have created your VM in teh wrong AD which is why your service limit shows as 0. Check the other ADs and report back with the good newds. xD

    Only other available scope is ca-montreal-1 which only shows the custom image count.

    This is what it looks like when I try to create another free tier VM

  • rm_rm_ Member

    @Bonsai99 are you sure Montreal is your "Home region"? Check what it says in the drop-down on the top-right. Or maybe they rearranged regions somehow, and you now get a quota somewhere else. Also see the "Manage regions" page.

  • @rm_ said:
    @Bonsai99 are you sure Montreal is your "Home region"? Check what it says in the drop-down on the top-right. Or maybe they rearranged regions somehow, and you now get a quota somewhere else. Also see the "Manage regions" page.

    Yep, I'm not subscribed to any other regions.

  • xaocxaoc Member

    Seems like that region doesn't have a free quota for some reason. They do state that free stuff is limited to some regions only.

    So Say We All

  • @xaoc said:
    Seems like that region doesn't have a free quota for some reason. They do state that free stuff is limited to some regions only.

    It has maybe is not in stock https://www.oracle.com/cloud/data-regions.html#northamerica

    OpenVz Node + KernelCare uptime - 1275 Days :)

  • finally I can signed up for this free tier lol. Anyone care to share the uptime and any precautions? As i'm only using this for my bouncer lol.

    You're so tight, baby.

  • @creep said:
    finally I can signed up for this free tier lol. Anyone care to share the uptime and any precautions? As i'm only using this for my bouncer lol.

    Sir even a bouncer is mission critical, to risky.

  • @Neoon said:

    @creep said:
    finally I can signed up for this free tier lol. Anyone care to share the uptime and any precautions? As i'm only using this for my bouncer lol.

    Sir even a bouncer is mission critical, to risky.

    Care to elaborate? Or are you missing a /s tag!?

    You're so tight, baby.

  • @creep said:

    @Neoon said:

    @creep said:
    finally I can signed up for this free tier lol. Anyone care to share the uptime and any precautions? As i'm only using this for my bouncer lol.

    Sir even a bouncer is mission critical, to risky.

    Care to elaborate? Or are you missing a /s tag!?

    All what has to be said, has been written down.
    There is no need of such what you call /s tag.

  • @creep said:
    finally I can signed up for this free tier lol. Anyone care to share the uptime and any precautions? As i'm only using this for my bouncer lol.

    Using VMs in Tokyo region. Haven't experienced a downtime. With its 10 TB data transfer, it's definitely much better than Google's one.

  • rm_rm_ Member
    edited November 22

    @creep said: As i'm only using this for my bouncer lol.

    As you can't control rDNS and there's no IPv6, people are going to point and laugh at you on IRC, for showing up with a mere IP instead of a cool DNS record, and even just an IPv4 at that.

    Thanked by 3benj0x NanoG6 Ouji
  • xaocxaoc Member

    @rm_ said:

    @creep said: As i'm only using this for my bouncer lol.

    As you can't control rDNS and there's no IPv6, people are going to point and laugh at you on IRC, for showing up with a mere IP instead of a cool DNS record, and even just an IPv4 at that.

    It's free, good ddos protection, stable network, it's like it was made for IRC. xD

    So Say We All

  • TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited November 22

    @creep said:

    finally I can signed up for this free tier lol. Anyone care to share the uptime and any precautions? As i'm only using this for my bouncer lol.

    They fuck up from time to time. The first two servers I made were lost completely, despite sending an email days later saying they recovered them (they didn't). Another time, they emailed an internal memo (that wasn't meant for public viewing) that they're running out of space and need to free up some.

    Network is limited to 48Mbps. Disk speed is limited to 50MB/s.

    Using console requires setting up ssh proxy that changes (so it's a bit more hassle).

    Average load times have been as high as 60 at times, but recently I don't recall it being crazy.

    I wouldn't even put our company website on it, that gets like 10 viewers a month.

    Didn't put pihole on it because latency is too high for across the country for a DNS server.

    For a long time, I put them on par with Cloud at Cost. (Legendary fuckups).

    I get the impression they are getting better, but they either rushed to get out this free tier or they don't even have their "B team" working on it. But they're improving.

  • OujiOuji Member

    @TimboJones said: Network is limited to 48Mbps.

    I think they mentioned 480Mbps on their page. But I guess it says "Up to" lmao

    Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • Network is limited to 50 mbps in the free tier in Mumbai DC

  • 30mbit unmetered in Mumbai. That's what 10TB represents. 💯

    USA storage KVM €25/yr 1G, 500GB (RAID6)
    (affiliate for 🥰 ) https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/aff.php?aff=401&pid=205

  • @Ganonk said:
    hello all,

    how long oracle cloud will be activated?

    but my account until now Not activated, since two week ago.

    Is your account active now?

    Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • RedSoxRedSox Member
    edited November 23

    I have 2 VPSes with them. Work perfectly. I wish I could choose 1 VPS with 4 cores and 100 GB HDD than 2 with 2 cores 50 GB HDD each.

  • @youandri said:

    @Ganonk said:
    hello all,

    how long oracle cloud will be activated?

    but my account until now Not activated, since two week ago.

    Is your account active now?

    No Sir. i'm wurung. thats verification is very-very-very long days.

    don't forget to click Thanks

  • rm_rm_ Member
    edited November 23

    @Ouji said: I think they mentioned 480Mbps on their page.

    You do get 480 Mbit between your two VPSes in the same DC. But the Internet is capped to about 40-50 Mbit, both in and out.

  • @RedSox said:
    I have 2 VPSes with them. Work perfectly. I wish I could choose 1 VPS with 4 cores and 100 GB HDD than 2 with 2 cores 50 GB HDD each.

    I think it's described as ⅛ OCPU?

    You can certainly allocate 100GB disk, but then you can only have one VM instead of two.

    Thanked by 1RedSox

    https://yoursunny.com/ stallion coder; push-up specialist
    Using boxes from SmartHost, Gullo, Evolution Host, MaxKVM, Virmach, summer-host.

  • My one instance running Bitwarden has an uptime of 350 days right now (security updates say what?) currently. So guess that's pretty prevalent. So far only one hiccup with networking in Zurch (and other regions) for around 1/4 of the day. But my setup is HA so was able to use fallback for time being.

    Still, free.99 is free.99 so I can't complain.

Sign In or Register to comment.