Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Slightly-Premium Web Hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Slightly-Premium Web Hosting

MikeAMikeA Member, Provider
edited June 2019 in Shared Hosting Offers

Order here - Limited quantity

Monthly: $1.25
Yearly: $14.00

5GB NVMe SSD
Unlimited Bandwidth
10 Addon Domains
Other features unlimited

Features:
~ LiteSpeed Web Server
~ CloudLinux & CageFS
~ Full Backups Mon/Wed/Fri (Full archive to BackBlaze B2)
~ Softaculous, NodeJS Manager
~ Included cPanel SSL
~ DDoS Protected

LVE Limits:
CPU => 150% (1½ Core E-2136)
PMEM => 3GB
IO => 80MB/s
IOPS => 15000
EP/NPROC => 200/220
INODES => No hard limit

Server located in Montreal, Canada.
LG: https://bhs.lg.extravm.com

Payment Methods:
~ Stripe (Debit/Credit Card)
~ PayPal
~ Coinbase (BTC/ETH/USDC/etc)
~ PaymentWall (100+ Local Gateways)
~ Mail in Payment (U.S. residents only)

Three day refund period for all services no questions asked. Dedicated IP can be added for $1.50/month, your mail will also go through your dedicated IP.

Thanked by 1jooja

ExtraVM - AMD Ryzen VPS starting @ $3.50
USA (TX, VA, FL), CA, FR, UK, SGP, AU, RU

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I don't mean offense but "Premium" and 1.25 a month?

I have not created a single thread. Verify it if you dare.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Provider
    edited June 2019

@deank said:
    I don't mean offense but "Premium" and 1.25 a month?

Is it supposed to be less expensive or more expensive??

Feller, premium is a way of life.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Yes.

I have not created a single thread. Verify it if you dare.

@deank said:
    Yes.

Thank you for your input.

Thanked by 1corbpie

• tree fiddy is my final offer

lurking in the shadows like a wombat or some shit

• verjinverjin Member

why live chat is not active?

͡⚆ ͜ʖ ͡⚆                 LE

• donlidonli Member

@verjin said:

It's after normal business hours.

Thanked by 1verjin
    edited June 2019

@verjin said:

Live chat isn't used much since I seem to attract lots of bad people (spamming trolls with hundreds of IPs). Offline chat gets forwarded to a ticket, and tickets are usually replied to within minutes unless it's like 5 AM U.S.

Thanked by 1verjin

• For this price the specs are absolutely great. To my limited understanding, is PMEM same as memory allocated to a KVM vps?

Remember the value of LET is purely based on its traffic.

@cybertech said:
    For this price the specs are absolutely great. To my limited understanding, is PMEM same as memory allocated to a KVM vps?

It's physical memory you can use, so basically.

• donlidonli Member
    edited June 2019

@cybertech said:
    For this price the specs are absolutely great. To my limited understanding, is PMEM same as memory allocated to a KVM vps?

https://docs.cloudlinux.com/limits/#memory-limits

Physical Memory Limit

Physical memory limit corresponds to the amount of memory actually used by end customer's processes. You can see individual process physical memory usage by monitoring RES column in top output for the process. Because similar processes (like PHP) share a lot of their memory, physical memory usage is often much lower then virtual memory usage.

Additionally physical memory includes shared memory used by the customer, as well as disk cache. In case of disk cache – if a user is starting to lack physical memory, the memory used for disk cache will be freed up, without causing any memory faults.

When LVE goes over physical memory limit, CloudLinux will first free up memory used for disk cache, and if that is not enough, it will kill some of the processes within that LVE, and increment fPMEM counter. This will usually cause web server to serve 500 and 503 errors. Physical memory limit is a much better way to limit memory for shared hosting.

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • uxtvdluxtvdl Member
    edited June 2019

The provider I still use for my site

been more then 4 months
    Daily 9k+ visits no problems in any form
    Support replied instantly (under 10mins) everytime whenever I needed help

One of the best providers I used

pɹɐɔ ʇıpǝɹɔ ʎuɐ ʇnoɥʇıʍ sɹǝʌɹǝs pǝʇɐɔıpǝp ǝǝɹɟ ʇǝƃ : uɔɔʍ/ǝǝɹɟxʇǝƃ/ɯoɔ˙ıpǝpǝǝɹɟ//:sdʇʇɥ

• Sofia_KSofia_K Member
    edited June 2019

Nice offer. Hope it had 15 or 20 GB space instead of just 5.
    I/O sounds great.
    Most important is CPU/RAM as wordpress eats a lot. Hosts should really offer 150% CPU and 3 GB RAM minimum for those clients who are using WP.

IOPS/EP offered here are good for high-traffic, database intensive sites.

Have a great day! Recommended: Namecheap | Godaddy | Cloudflare | AWS | Google Cloud | Ramnode VPS | BuyVM | OVH | Hetzner

• CoffeeCoffee Member

MikeA said: 5GB NVMe SSD

Can you temporarily increase the disk space so we can extract 3-4GB archived content?

• getanothervpsandftpit.com

grape

• deanƙdeanƙ Member

what Slightly-Premium means?

@Coffee said:

MikeA said: 5GB NVMe SSD

Can you temporarily increase the disk space so we can extract 3-4GB archived content?

Open a ticket and I'll extract it, just upload it first.

• t0ny0t0ny0 Member

Woah! Just got one to host a WordPress site - this is one super snappy hosting right there! I don't know what you did to it Mike, but you did it right!
    This $14/yr hosting easily outperforms my $200+/yr SiteGround hosting, which obviously will be moved to ExtraVM once close to expiring.

• s4suke7s4suke7 Member, Provider

🤔any chance for reseller hosting on same node ?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Top Provider

verjin said: why live chat is not active?

You would be surprised how often it gets used by customers to tell you how their day has been, what games they are playing, asking you for free tech support for a server they might buy on ebay etc.

Its ok for BIG companies that can afford to pay someone to sit there and deal with it all day but its an absolute drain on small companies.

Anyway... nice offer!

• MasonRMasonR Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    You would be surprised how often it gets used by customers to tell you how their day has been, what games they are playing...

This just made me literally laugh out loud. How idiotic can people be? People never cease to amaze me.

Thanked by 2skorous Hxxx

HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Top Provider

@MasonR said:

@AnthonySmith said:
    You would be surprised how often it gets used by customers to tell you how their day has been, what games they are playing...

This just made me literally laugh out loud. How idiotic can people be? People never cease to amaze me.

Someone once sent me a link to an audio capture they had done while playing CS:S to something that was apparently to funny not to share with me, it was all in Italian, I do not speak Italian, it was not funny.

That was actually the final straw I think, my live chat lasted less than 2 months from start to finish.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • edfoxedfox Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    Someone once sent me a link to an audio capture they had done while playing CS:S to something that was apparently to funny not to share with me, it was all in Italian, I do not speak Italian, it was not funny.

Can you send it here? I'm curious

edited June 2019

@t0ny0 said:
    Woah! Just got one to host a WordPress site - this is one super snappy hosting right there! I don't know what you did to it Mike, but you did it right!
    This $14/yr hosting easily outperforms my $200+/yr SiteGround hosting, which obviously will be moved to ExtraVM once close to expiring.

I assure you it'll be just as reliable too. Unless SG isn't reliable.. the ignore what I said.

@s4suke7 said:
    🤔any chance for reseller hosting on same node ?

I've thought about it, but I'm not 100% familiar with all of the reseller options and haven't gone through to check thoroughly. Second is it could be a problem with abuse with resellers not handling bad clients properly, so I don't know. I'd like to.

@AnthonySmith said:
    That was actually the final straw I think, my live chat lasted less than 2 months from start to finish.

It sucks because live chat is actually great for people that have actual problems. I get on occasionally but it's literally if I have absolutely nothing to do and can waste a few hours. Ticket replies are sometimes just as fast a live chat anyway so I don't see it as a big deal, and I don't think most people really do if they get a ticket reply fast.

Thanked by 1t0ny0

• Instant setup? or manual? Thinking about giving it a try

HostMantis Shared Hosting: UK, Canada, Germany, Singapore, Sydney, New York Sign up Here! (aff link)
    Free 40GB Cloud VPS for 1 Year https://cloud.atlantic.net/r/q59699mo (aff link)
    Check out my site! hunterspad.com Destruction videos, tech, random, etc

edited June 2019

@HuntersPad said:
    Instant setup? or manual? Thinking about giving it a try

Accounts with no active services are setup manually, but orders during the day are usually setup within a few minutes.

Thanked by 1HuntersPad

• t0ny0 said: I don't know what you did to it Mike, but you did it right!

Not oversold like most shared hosting is around here.

Thanked by 1t0ny0

grape

• HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited June 2019

Any SSL support like lets encrypt?

HostMantis Shared Hosting: UK, Canada, Germany, Singapore, Sydney, New York Sign up Here! (aff link)
    Free 40GB Cloud VPS for 1 Year https://cloud.atlantic.net/r/q59699mo (aff link)
    Check out my site! hunterspad.com Destruction videos, tech, random, etc

• donlidonli Member

@HuntersPad said:
    Any SSL support like lets encrypt?

I believe that's what:

~ Included cPanel SSL

is.

@HuntersPad @donli Didn't see his message for some reason but it's the cPanel issued SSL, not LetsEncrypt. I use the cPanel SSL because it works better from my experience, no rate limit, issues are faster, etc.

• donlidonli Member

@MikeA said:
    @HuntersPad @donli Didn't see his message for some reason but it's the cPanel issued SSL, not LetsEncrypt. I use the cPanel SSL because it works better from my experience, no rate limit, issues are faster, etc.

Does that count as a "self-signed" certificate or is it considered "signed" and accepted by modern browsers?

edited June 2019

@donli said:

@MikeA said:

Does that count as a "self-signed" certificate or is it considered "signed" and accepted by modern browsers?

They're cPanel issued (cPanel Inc. CA / Comodo) certificates and are signed and trusted by browser just like any other CA.

• @MikeA said:

@donli said:

@MikeA said:

They're cPanel issued (cPanel Inc. CA / Comodo) certificates and are signed and trusted by browser just like any other CA.

sorry, I can't use slightly premium hosting; only premium hosting.

• donlidonli Member

@SirFoxy said:

@MikeA said:

@donli said:

@MikeA said:

Then you should be on premiumendtalk.com instead.

Thanked by 2webcraft KermEd
  • @donli said:

@SirFoxy said:

@MikeA said:

@donli said:

@MikeA said:

Then you should be on premiumendtalk.com instead.

fucc bb don't tempt me

• Can't pay via paypal!

edited June 2019

@Senpai53 said:
    Can't pay via paypal!
    ~snip

Wouldn't know, but doubt it's a problem on my end since PayPal transactions have been fine all day.

• what exactly is premium in using cheapest of cheapest budget provider OVH ?

edited June 2019

@apollo15 said:
    what exactly is premium in using cheapest of cheapest budget provider OVH ?

OVH isn't the cheapest of cheapest, their hardware is basically on par with any other common provider now due. If you want cheapest of cheapest look at Kimsufi, Netcup, Hetzner, etc. If you had problems with OVH don't bring them here, because the services I offer (whether it be on OVH's network or others that I use) are not the same. Yes, OVH has problems, I have problems with them, but the hardware they offer and overall network quality is good, and my web hosting servers there do not have problems.

Thanked by 2desperand Gatto

• level6level6 Member
    edited June 2019

The latency isn't bad from my east coast location.

That's not me.

• MikeA said: OVH isn't the cheapest of cheapest, their hardware is basically on par with any other common provider now due. If you want cheapest of cheapest look at Kimsufi, Netcup, Hetzner, etc. If you had problems with OVH don't bring them here, because the services I offer (whether it be on OVH's network or others that I use) are not the same. Yes, OVH has problems, I have problems with them, but the hardware they offer and overall network quality is good, and my web hosting servers there do not have problems.

>

fair enough, however, putting premium and OVH in same sentence is false advertising on all fronts.

edited June 2019

@apollo15 said:

MikeA said: OVH isn't the cheapest of cheapest, their hardware is basically on par with any other common provider now due. If you want cheapest of cheapest look at Kimsufi, Netcup, Hetzner, etc. If you had problems with OVH don't bring them here, because the services I offer (whether it be on OVH's network or others that I use) are not the same. Yes, OVH has problems, I have problems with them, but the hardware they offer and overall network quality is good, and my web hosting servers there do not have problems.

>

fair enough, however, putting premium and OVH in same sentence is false advertising on all fronts.

Are you talking about their network or what? Routing, packet loss, speeds, I've never had an issue in the location my web hosting is in, if there were and I didn't think it was to my standards then I wouldn't use it and instead use my own hardware on something in Dallas local to me. When I say "slightly-premium" I'm talking about the services I offer, not OVH's network. If you had a bad experience with OVH that's not my problem, pretty sure everyone has a bad experience with OVH eventually, but that doesn't affect the network or my web hosting. Considering you haven't even used my services I don't think you can judge whether or not what I offer and say is false advertising, but good luck with your complaint.

• williewillie Member

I'm happy with OVH network and have generally found it superior to Hetzner's. The hardware isn't as cheap though.

#lexit spread the word.

• SmallWebSmallWeb Member, Provider

True that. The man said "Slightly-Premium Web Hosting" not "Slightly-Premium Upstream Provider" or "Critique me on one of the providers I use with thousands of different servers and networks instead of the specific one(s) I provide with or add value too"

SmallWeb - DirectAdmin Web Hosting from £3.99/Year in AMS, GER, LAX, LON, LUX, MEL, NYC & SGP. Use code HALF on 1GB+.

• t0ny0t0ny0 Member

I will say that again - this is the most premium hosting you can find within that price range. It feels a lot more expensive than it actually is. Its snappy and fast. I would argue that the "slightly" word doesn't have a place in here. not the "premium" word. Again - good job Mike :-)

• How about someone else come up with better than this for same price? Seriously for 1.25 be thankful there's still reliable service.

Thanked by 1t0ny0

Remember the value of LET is purely based on its traffic.

• You got any Singapore location?

@yokowasis said:
    You got any Singapore location?

no, no plans for that, maybe in the future when I can get certain hardware there.

Thanked by 1vimalware

• Your IP 86.123.5x.xx has been banned
    Ban Reason: Banned due to Orders
    Ban Expires: 12/31/2020 (23:59)

Why was that ?