Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Slightly-Premium Web Hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Slightly-Premium Web Hosting

MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
edited June 2019 in Shared Hosting Offers

Order here - Limited quantity

Monthly: $1.25
Yearly: $14.00

5GB NVMe SSD
Unlimited Bandwidth
10 Addon Domains
Other features unlimited

Features:
~ LiteSpeed Web Server
~ CloudLinux & CageFS
~ Full Backups Mon/Wed/Fri (Full archive to BackBlaze B2)
~ Softaculous, NodeJS Manager
~ Included cPanel SSL
~ DDoS Protected

LVE Limits:
CPU => 150% (1½ Core E-2136)
PMEM => 3GB
IO => 80MB/s
IOPS => 15000
EP/NPROC => 200/220
INODES => No hard limit

Server located in Montreal, Canada.
LG: https://bhs.lg.extravm.com

Payment Methods:
~ Stripe (Debit/Credit Card)
~ PayPal
~ Coinbase (BTC/ETH/USDC/etc)
~ PaymentWall (100+ Local Gateways)
~ Mail in Payment (U.S. residents only)

Three day refund period for all services no questions asked. Dedicated IP can be added for $1.50/month, your mail will also go through your dedicated IP.

Thanked by 1jooja

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I don't mean offense but "Premium" and 1.25 a month?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2019

@deank said:
    I don't mean offense but "Premium" and 1.25 a month?

Is it supposed to be less expensive or more expensive??

Feller, premium is a way of life.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Yes.

@deank said:
    Yes.

Thank you for your input.

Thanked by 1corbpie
  • tree fiddy is my final offer

• verjinverjin Member

why live chat is not active?

• donlidonli Member

@verjin said:

It's after normal business hours.

Thanked by 1verjin
    edited June 2019

@verjin said:

Live chat isn't used much since I seem to attract lots of bad people (spamming trolls with hundreds of IPs). Offline chat gets forwarded to a ticket, and tickets are usually replied to within minutes unless it's like 5 AM U.S.

Thanked by 1verjin
  • For this price the specs are absolutely great. To my limited understanding, is PMEM same as memory allocated to a KVM vps?

@cybertech said:
    For this price the specs are absolutely great. To my limited understanding, is PMEM same as memory allocated to a KVM vps?

It's physical memory you can use, so basically.

• donlidonli Member
    edited June 2019

@cybertech said:
    For this price the specs are absolutely great. To my limited understanding, is PMEM same as memory allocated to a KVM vps?

https://docs.cloudlinux.com/limits/#memory-limits

Physical Memory Limit

Physical memory limit corresponds to the amount of memory actually used by end customer's processes. You can see individual process physical memory usage by monitoring RES column in top output for the process. Because similar processes (like PHP) share a lot of their memory, physical memory usage is often much lower then virtual memory usage.

Additionally physical memory includes shared memory used by the customer, as well as disk cache. In case of disk cache – if a user is starting to lack physical memory, the memory used for disk cache will be freed up, without causing any memory faults.

When LVE goes over physical memory limit, CloudLinux will first free up memory used for disk cache, and if that is not enough, it will kill some of the processes within that LVE, and increment fPMEM counter. This will usually cause web server to serve 500 and 503 errors. Physical memory limit is a much better way to limit memory for shared hosting.

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • uxtvdluxtvdl Member
    edited June 2019

The provider I still use for my site

been more then 4 months
    Daily 9k+ visits no problems in any form
    Support replied instantly (under 10mins) everytime whenever I needed help

One of the best providers I used

• YmpkerYmpker Member

Nice I/O speeds and limits in general :)
    Glws!

• Sofia_KSofia_K Member
    edited June 2019

Nice offer. Hope it had 15 or 20 GB space instead of just 5.
    I/O sounds great.
    Most important is CPU/RAM as wordpress eats a lot. Hosts should really offer 150% CPU and 3 GB RAM minimum for those clients who are using WP.

IOPS/EP offered here are good for high-traffic, database intensive sites.

• CoffeeCoffee Member

MikeA said: 5GB NVMe SSD

Can you temporarily increase the disk space so we can extract 3-4GB archived content?

• getanothervpsandftpit.com

• deanƙdeanƙ Member

what Slightly-Premium means?

@Coffee said:

MikeA said: 5GB NVMe SSD

Can you temporarily increase the disk space so we can extract 3-4GB archived content?

Open a ticket and I'll extract it, just upload it first.

• Woah! Just got one to host a WordPress site - this is one super snappy hosting right there! I don't know what you did to it Mike, but you did it right!
    This $14/yr hosting easily outperforms my $200+/yr SiteGround hosting, which obviously will be moved to ExtraVM once close to expiring.

• 🤔any chance for reseller hosting on same node ?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

verjin said: why live chat is not active?

You would be surprised how often it gets used by customers to tell you how their day has been, what games they are playing, asking you for free tech support for a server they might buy on ebay etc.

Its ok for BIG companies that can afford to pay someone to sit there and deal with it all day but its an absolute drain on small companies.

Anyway... nice offer!

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@AnthonySmith said:
    You would be surprised how often it gets used by customers to tell you how their day has been, what games they are playing...

This just made me literally laugh out loud. How idiotic can people be? People never cease to amaze me.

Thanked by 2skorous Hxxx
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@MasonR said:

@AnthonySmith said:
    You would be surprised how often it gets used by customers to tell you how their day has been, what games they are playing...

This just made me literally laugh out loud. How idiotic can people be? People never cease to amaze me.

Someone once sent me a link to an audio capture they had done while playing CS:S to something that was apparently to funny not to share with me, it was all in Italian, I do not speak Italian, it was not funny.

That was actually the final straw I think, my live chat lasted less than 2 months from start to finish.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • edfoxedfox Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    Someone once sent me a link to an audio capture they had done while playing CS:S to something that was apparently to funny not to share with me, it was all in Italian, I do not speak Italian, it was not funny.

Can you send it here? I'm curious

edited June 2019

@t0ny0 said:
    Woah! Just got one to host a WordPress site - this is one super snappy hosting right there! I don't know what you did to it Mike, but you did it right!
    This $14/yr hosting easily outperforms my $200+/yr SiteGround hosting, which obviously will be moved to ExtraVM once close to expiring.

I assure you it'll be just as reliable too. Unless SG isn't reliable.. the ignore what I said.

@s4suke7 said:
    🤔any chance for reseller hosting on same node ?

I've thought about it, but I'm not 100% familiar with all of the reseller options and haven't gone through to check thoroughly. Second is it could be a problem with abuse with resellers not handling bad clients properly, so I don't know. I'd like to.

@AnthonySmith said:
    That was actually the final straw I think, my live chat lasted less than 2 months from start to finish.

It sucks because live chat is actually great for people that have actual problems. I get on occasionally but it's literally if I have absolutely nothing to do and can waste a few hours. Ticket replies are sometimes just as fast a live chat anyway so I don't see it as a big deal, and I don't think most people really do if they get a ticket reply fast.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • Instant setup? or manual? Thinking about giving it a try

edited June 2019

@HuntersPad said:
    Instant setup? or manual? Thinking about giving it a try

Accounts with no active services are setup manually, but orders during the day are usually setup within a few minutes.

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • t0ny0 said: I don't know what you did to it Mike, but you did it right!

Not oversold like most shared hosting is around here.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited June 2019

Any SSL support like lets encrypt?

• donlidonli Member

@HuntersPad said:
    Any SSL support like lets encrypt?

I believe that's what:

~ Included cPanel SSL

is.