Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndTalk Community Rules [Updated October 2020] - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

LowEndTalk Community Rules [Updated October 2020]

1234568»

Comments

• thedpthedp Member

@rustelekom said:
    BTW. Rules restrict signature with 2 lines. That's okay but can anyone point me to where i could set signature? Usually signature set in Profile but i don't seen it there...

https://www.lowendtalk.com/profile/signature

Thanked by 1rustelekom

DP - Tech and Hosting-related Domain Names for sale. PM for list/details.

• defaultdefault Member

@FAT32 & @jbiloh - could LET support a function of hidden following?

For example, following up to X chosen providers, and get notifications when they post offers, just like bookmarking some thread.

This would be useful for people who like a certain provider, or a specific technician, or some chosen auctioneer for domains. You get my point.

I would like such feature to be limited, private, with numbers not being displayed, because I don't want to see LET converted into a competition of advertisements for who has more followers.

Fastmako (aff) - another cheap VPS.

• seriesnseriesn Member, Top Provider

@default said:

For example, following up to X chosen providers, and get notifications when they post offers, just like bookmarking some thread.

This would be useful for people who like a certain provider, or a specific technician, or some chosen auctioneer for domains. You get my point.

I would like such feature to be limited, private, with numbers not being displayed, because I don't want to see LET converted into a competition of advertisements for who has more followers.

Looking for fiverr gig. Increase My like, follow and subscriber count on LET. Time to aft one more line to my YouTube videos 😂.

But, neat idea. +1

• jsgjsg Member

I was friendly to @FAT32 already before he became an admin because I like him. Can I be forgiven and get away without a warning?

But (evil grin) I think that @jbiloh should get a warning (a severe one, let's be generous) because he disappointed quite a few here by not being the a__hole quite many perceived him to be at the beginning, but rather putting new life into LET and making quite a few (mostly positive IMO) changes.

The problem with democracy is that by definition > 85% of the voters are not particularly intelligent.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator

@jsg said:
    I was friendly to @FAT32 already before he became an admin because I like him. Can I be forgiven and get away without a warning?

But (evil grin) I think that @jbiloh should get a warning (a severe one, let's be generous) because he disappointed quite a few here by not being the a__hole quite many perceived him to be at the beginning, but rather putting new life into LET and making quite a few (mostly positive IMO) changes.

Thanks for the mention and recognition here. We are really working hard -- and putting tons of hours -- into LowEndBox and LowEndTalk.

We have lots of new and exciting stuff coming too.

Jon Biloh
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

@default said:

I like this idea. @FAT32 what do you think?

Jon Biloh
  • defaultdefault Member
    edited May 10

Another idea: Ajax preview of topics.

It would be helpful to not actually open a specific thread; instead maybe we could have a preview upon moving the cursor above the title (in frontpage), and see some content from opening post, without actually loading the thread page. This is helpful against click-bait titles, but the downside is it could create an extra load on server side.

Fastmako (aff) - another cheap VPS.

• @default said:
    Another idea: Ajax preview of topics.

It would be helpful to not actually open a specific thread; instead maybe we could have a preview upon moving the cursor above the title (in frontpage), and see some content from opening post, without actually loading the thread page. This is helpful against click-bait titles, but the downside is it could create an extra load on server side.

Not really what you described here but I have a inline thread preview feature on BetterLET. Kinda like card expansion on Reddit, allows me to quickly peek at threads.