Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

I violated SpeedyKVM's terms of service to abuse promotion codes. My account was terminated.
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

I violated SpeedyKVM's terms of service to abuse promotion codes. My account was terminated.

bdwebservicesbdwebservices Member
    edited July 2017 in Reviews

I am sharing my few weeks experience with Speedykvm. I ordered VPS on June 7 2017 with coupon code WHT30. I ordered another vps using same code and they said its limit for 1 customer and they suspended my old VPS and created an invoice $10 for violation of TOS (the TOS is I applied coupon 2 times!).

I paid $10 for this ridiculous TOS (which is not mentioned in their website) and they activate the server again and they said I can order again with regular price.

My reply was “This is my 1st and last order nonsense TOS, nonsense company, nonsense customer (it’s me)” after this reply they terminate my account and server without any notice or warning! They are so rude, unprofessional and they kicked by their Girl Friends or Wife!

Just stay away such a provider!

Thanked by 1hanoi

Comments

• DT_DT_ Member
      edited July 2017

Well that's unacceptable, they intentionally allow people to redeem more than once the same promotion code so they can get a potential $10 violation fee. Thanks for the heads up, I won't even bother with them now.

Ultimately making you pay a $10 ransom fee for the data.

• Be careful if you order with them! Save your data remotely!

• layfonlayfon Member
      edited July 2017

While the story sounds dramatic, both op and first replier are NEW accounts.
      Some evidence, please?

Thanked by 1WebProject
    • Did you open two separate accounts to take advantage of a coupon?....

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
    • MikeAMikeA Member, Provider

@mikewazar said:
      Did you open two separate accounts to take advantage of a coupon?....

Looks like it. Ticket in screenshot says "multiple accounts". Dunno why someone would think that's ok to do.

• qpsqps Member, Provider

You apparently opened multiple accounts to try and get around their rules. Their terms of service says you can't do this, but you did it anyway.

SPECIAL OFFERS & DISCOUNT PRICING

Special offer pricing and coupons are limited to 1 per customer. Special offer/discounted servers may not be used to replace existing services. Cancellation of any server will result in promotion pricing being removed from all servers ordered on special offer/discount, regular pricing for all servers will be applied.

• @MikeA said:

@mikewazar said:

Looks like it. Ticket in screenshot says "multiple accounts". Dunno why someone would think that's ok to do.

That's why they said I have to pay $10 which I paid. But they can not terminate account without notice!

• 2 are different (but same paypal id) account one for my friend (who lives in Bangladesh and the country does not support PayPal) I am trying help my friend to get the VPS!

• No you're trying to save face. You went against their ToS and got burnt. Go away.

• @mikewazar said:
      No you're trying to save face. You went against their ToS and got burnt. Go away.

there are thousand of low cost and better company than speedykvm (such as ramnode, DO and so on)

• @bdwebservices said:

@MikeA said:

@mikewazar said:

That's why they said I have to pay $10 which I paid. But they can not terminate account without notice!

But they can, because you violated their TOS!

Bored developer: https://nulldev.xyz/

• If I were you I won't post anywhere on the internet. You try to steal from them, you got caught, you got punished. The punishment in this case, losing your data. Since they are kind of enough to refund you.

Thanked by 2SpeedyKVM hanoi
    • SpeedyKVM is free to deal with anyone they want... but the fact they terminate your account and server without any notice or warning, that is a very bad and important thing that should never happen!

If they want to close your account they are free to do it, but they should at least give you a 24 to 48 hour notice in order for you to migrate your data and make all necessary additional tasks related with a server migration (dns, etc..)

Not good behaviour from speedykvm...

• @bdwebservices said:

@mikewazar said:
      No you're trying to save face. You went against their ToS and got burnt. Go away.

there are thousand of low cost and better company than speedykvm (such as ramnode, DO and so on)

Let me get this straight:

• You bought a VPS using account A
      • Taking advantage of the good coupon, you created account B
      • You got a ticket saying that the service was suspended
      • You were told to pay a $10 fine for violating their promotional policy
      • Services resumed after payment
      • Thread on LET claiming that your violation led to an "unexplained" suspension with a ransom to reactivate the service

You basically broke the terms. Plain n' simple. They did not charge any ransom, as it was a result of violating the terms of service.

Thanked by 1WebProject
    • But this is unprofessional way to terminate account without warning or notice!

• @nqservices said:
      SpeedyKVM is free to deal with anyone they want... but the fact they terminate your account and server without any notice or warning, that is a very bad and important thing that should never happen!

If they want to close your account they are free to do it, but they should at least give you a 24 to 48 hour notice in order for you to migrate your data and make all necessary additional tasks related with a server migration (dns, etc..)

Not good behaviour from speedykvm...

That's what I want to say! Thanks!

• jarjar Provider

Title edited to be factually correct. Please do not revert it.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM

HB | Block AS9009 (M247) for unfiltered abuse and ignoring abuse complaints

• Then you have nothing to lose. Not really sounds like a punishment.
      You try to steal from other guy, get caught, get punished. Deal with it.

@bdwebservices said:
      But this is unprofessional way to terminate account without warning or notice!

• xaocxaoc Member

So, am i correctly assuming that they terminated the services after you paid the "ransom"? Also, did the second account contain your "friend's" information or your own?

So Say We All

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member
      edited July 2017

@DT_ said:
      Well that's unacceptable, they intentionally allow people to redeem more than once the same promotion code so they can get a potential $10 violation fee. Thanks for the heads up, I won't even bother with them now.

Ultimately making you pay a $10 ransom fee for the data

Incorrect, this coupon was one use per account, customer created a second account to bypass our coupon restriction. Due to client response we decided it would be best to part ways. All funds were refunded and account was closed.

Recap:
      -Client opens first account and creates two orders.
      -Opens ticket asking us to cancel the second invoice as the coupon code did not work for the second service.
      -Opens second account
      -Uses promo code on a second account and gets caught.
      -We charge abuse fee to recoup used coupon and TOS violation.
      -Client respons with nonsense reply.
      -We refund all invoices and decide it's best we part ways after violation of TOS and customer reply to the violation.

https://wable.com - Resource Bundle based SSD VPS cloud (move resources on the fly). Deploy 1 or many VPS. DAL, NYC, SEA. Snapshots, plus Cloning (even between cities). https://SpeedyKVM.com

• WilliamWilliam Member, Provider

SpeedyKVM_Ryan said: Incorrect, this coupon was one use per account, customer created a second account to bypass our coupon restriction.

While i don't like the Incero eco system (but one of my companies is customer, complicated story) this case is pretty clear - if you allowed to redeem twice on same and then charged fine... well, not very.

Tl;dr OP is not the brightest bulb at minimum.

Thanked by 3netomx hanoi doughmanes
    • If they demanded the US$10 payment to let the TOS violation go, they shouldn't have terminated you afterwards.

• jarjar Provider

@ikkizenho said:
      If they demanded the US$10 payment to let the TOS violation go, they shouldn't have terminated you afterwards.

See:

SpeedyKVM_Ryan said: All funds were refunded and account was closed.

After:

bdwebservices said: This is my 1st and last order nonsense TOS, nonsense company, nonsense customer (it’s me)

And throw in:

bdwebservices said: They are so rude, unprofessional and they kicked by their Girl Friends or Wife!

Pick the side you want, but this is pretty cut and dry.

Thanked by 2doughmanes philipc

• datakodatako Member

@ikkizenho said:
      If they demanded the US$10 payment to let the TOS violation go, they shouldn't have terminated you afterwards.

Seems like the $10 was to bring it back so user could recover data. User should not have abused in the first place.

Definitely on speedykvm side. They even refunded the user. Great service, and I'm happy with the kvm I have with them so far.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
    • NekkiNekki Moderator

You're just lucky that Gordon didn't turn up your house, set it on fire, then bang your wife in front of you while you watch your life go up in flames. He's getting soft in his old age.

Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

• jarjar Provider

@Nekki said:
      You're just lucky that Gordon didn't turn up your house, set it on fire, then bang your wife in front of you while you watch your life go up in flames. He's getting soft in his old age.

The weekend is just beginning, let's not count our chickens before they hatch.

Thanked by 3switsys netomx Nekki

• http://prntscr.com/fqbcgi

That's a really soft reply xD

Thanked by 1cfgguy

^-^!

• At the time you abused this coupon there were actually 3 different 30% off coupons that you could have used simultaneously on a single account where it would not have been abuse.

better luck next time!

• You know the best part? If you would have registered on LET a few weeks earlier, you'd have found 2 more 30% off coupons for speedyKVM that you could've used on your normal account.

I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
      Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

• OflameoOflameo Member
      edited July 2017

Account Email Change or Account Ownership Change Fee

To change the email, name, or owner of an account will incur a $75 account change fee.

This is the first time I saw an email change fee. I believe you totally screwed up your client information database design if it costs that much to change an email address. There are ways to do it so you won't even have to get off your ass to have it done. You can look at mediawiki's or phpbb's source code for an example.

SpeedyKVM_Ryan you probably need to raise your base prices so you can avoid the many inconveniences that people are likely to run into.

No Upgrades

We do not offer upgrades of any kind. You should purchase the maximum specification you need from the very beginning. If you find you need more disk/cpu/ram/bandwidth in future the only option for you is to order a new VPS and move all your data to the new VPS/IP. We do not offer refunds for the old VPS when moving to a new VPS.

As for no scaling a VM up, you need a better management console.

As for part of the terms of services bdwebservices violated.

Special offer pricing and coupons are limited to 1 per customer. Special offer/discounted servers may not be used to replace existing services. Cancellation of any server will result in promotion pricing being removed from all servers ordered on special offer/discount, regular pricing for all servers will be applied.

That is in there. bdwebservices violated that rule. It is unclear if someone can use your services to replace existing services they have at some other hosting provider. For example, if I decided to move anything off of Ramnode on to SpeedyKVM that would be a violation of SpeedyKVM's terms because I replaced an existing service. I would gladly pay extra to be able to move services from VPS provider to another one over some IETF standardized protocol.

Communications with or submitted to Incero including but not limited to emails, support tickets, chats, and voice conversations are the exclusive property of Incero and are not to be copied, shared, or otherwise reproduced without prior explicit written permission from Incero. Foul, explicit, rude, or abusive language will not be tolerated and may result in immediate account termination without refund. Threats of physical violence shall be grounds for immediate termination of services without refund. Threats or discussion in private or public of taking legal action against Incero LLC or it's founders may result in immediate termination of all services at our sole discretion. We love working with our customers if there is an issue with your account please let us know directly so that we can assist you.

The termination was totally justified per terms of service. I am not sure it is legal for you to claim copyright over two party communication with an outside party. You would need some other kind of contract to enforce that in any way. You also reserve the right to share any communication with anybody without getting the other parties permission which is totally unfair.

I fear people who fear all legal action. I won't do business with anybody who has a binding arbitration agreement because I got ripped off by a phony–baloney mobile Mechanic company called Yourmechanic Inc. who later tried to doge justice by propping up a binding arbitration agreement. They knew they had no intention of providing even adequate service. I know you are going to jump at this post SpeedyKVM_Ryan, but this is not a threat of legal action, this is merely a review of your terms of service.

• @Oflameo said:
      It is unclear if someone can use your services to replace existing services they have at some other hosting provider. For example, if I decided to move anything off of Ramnode on to SpeedyKVM that would be a violation of SpeedyKVM's terms because I replaced an existing service.

You're just trolling here right?

• @MikeA said:

@mikewazar said:

Tell me please any adequate reason why having multiple accounts is a bad idea for a client. No, seriously, all blocks it and they don't know why they are doing that, if you know, let me know, please.

If customer, not fraud maker, if a customer is paying always for services what he got, why need to limit him to use only 1 account? Just for what? Are you can't manage him via WHMs? Are you have problems with taxes? Or different issues with laws? Is it prohibited by laws of the country from where you live?

The questions above bot directly related to you, but to all providers who doing copy-paste rules and don't know what they are doing. And for me will be very interesting to see the adequate and arguments answer to question: "Why do need a provider to limit his clients just PER 1 account?"

• @desperand said:

The questions above bot directly related to you, but to all providers who doing copy-paste rules and don't know what they are doing. And for me will be very interesting to see the adequate and arguments answer to question: "Why do need a provider to limit his clients just PER 1 account?"

Becouse if they didn't people would abuse their discounted offers. Simple as that.

• jarjar Provider

@desperand said:

@MikeA said:

@mikewazar said:

Tell me please any adequate reason why having multiple accounts is a bad idea for a client. No, seriously, all blocks it and they don't know why they are doing that, if you know, let me know, please.

If customer, not fraud maker, if a customer is paying always for services what he got, why need to limit him to use only 1 account? Just for what? Are you can't manage him via WHMs? Are you have problems with taxes? Or different issues with laws? Is it prohibited by laws of the country from where you live?

Have you actually read this thread? Customer signed up for a second account because he found out he couldn't stack two coupons on one account.

• bsdguybsdguy Member

@bdwebservices said:
      “This is my 1st and last order nonsense TOS, nonsense company, nonsense customer (it’s me)”

after this reply they terminate my account and server without any notice or warning!

Uhm ... what's your complaint? From what I see speedykvm in effect actually did you a favour.

You made it unmistakably clear that you consider them a shitty company and that you regret doing business with them. @Speedykvm merely fulfilled your wish and even properly so refunding you.

About the only potential point for criticism I see is that they seem to not have provided some time for you to backup your stuff - which might have had the simple reason that there wasn't (yet) any data to save.

My favourite prime number is 42. - \forall cpu in {intel, amd, arm}: cpu->speed -= cpu->speed/100 x irandom(15, 30) | state := hacked

• I think @bdwebservices where you blew it was telling them

They are so rude, unprofessional and they kicked by their Girl Friends or Wife!

No one likes personal attacks in business matters, might as well be on the playground at school

Maybe a better response... sorry guys I was confused on the coupon and multiple accounts.... how can we fix this

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
    • As a counterpoint to this, a coworker and I both ordered around the same time from the same office for personal use. She got a suspension warning and explained that we were two separate entities, the servers were not for company use, and the suspension was lifted. Support was very reasonable in our case.

• You deserve it.
      I will do the same thing if you tried to cheat on this.

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

@jrsmith said:
      As a counterpoint to this, a coworker and I both ordered around the same time from the same office for personal use. She got a suspension warning and explained that we were two separate entities, the servers were not for company use, and the suspension was lifted. Support was very reasonable in our case.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! We are very reasonable people when countered respectfully. Misunderstandings happen, we just don't have time for nonsense, such as the replies from OP. It's easier to just move on and focus on supporting those who are helping us grow by supporting us and not cheating us. Thanks @jrsmith for the kind words. I am glad that we were able to clear things up.

Thanked by 2Aidan jrsmith

https://wable.com - Resource Bundle based SSD VPS cloud (move resources on the fly). Deploy 1 or many VPS. DAL, NYC, SEA. Snapshots, plus Cloning (even between cities). https://SpeedyKVM.com

• jaejae Member

bdwebservices said: I paid $10 for this ridiculous TOS (which is not mentioned in their website) and they activate the server again and they said I can order again with regular price.

My reply was “This is my 1st and last order nonsense TOS, nonsense company, nonsense customer (it’s me)” after this reply they terminate my account

If story true, speedykvm really stupid provider...

• @jae said:

bdwebservices said: I paid $10 for this ridiculous TOS (which is not mentioned in their website) and they activate the server again and they said I can order again with regular price.

My reply was “This is my 1st and last order nonsense TOS, nonsense company, nonsense customer (it’s me)” after this reply they terminate my account

If story true, speedykvm really stupid provider...

I am not really sure who's the stupid here, but definitely it isn't the provider, if you violate any provider's terms of service, it's your fault for whatever happens next, as simple as that.

• jaejae Member

VPSlices said: I am not really sure who's the stupid here, but definitely it isn't the provider, if you violate any provider's terms of service, it's your fault for whatever happens next, as simple as that.

bdwebservices said: I paid $10 for this ridiculous TOS (which is not mentioned in their website) and they activate the server again and they said** I can order again with regular price.**

violate tos penalty is $10, op paid.... account terminate is different story..

• ExonHostExonHost Member, Provider

Check OP ticket response. They closed his account after his last reply on the ticket.

@jae said:

VPSlices said: I am not really sure who's the stupid here, but definitely it isn't the provider, if you violate any provider's terms of service, it's your fault for whatever happens next, as simple as that.

bdwebservices said: I paid $10 for this ridiculous TOS (which is not mentioned in their website) and they activate the server again and they said** I can order again with regular price.**

violate tos penalty is $10, op paid.... account terminate is different story..

ExonHost - Reliable Web Hosting Service Provider | Managed SSD Xen VPS | OpenVZ VPS
      ResellWays - Budget Shared Hosting & Reseller Hosting
    • 10241024 Member

Open a ticket to get your money back, or open a paypal dispute.

• jarjar Provider

@1024 said:

Did you try reading the thread? :)

• @1024 said:

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider

@1024 said:

Committing a fraud in the process. Yeah, good job.

Clouvider Limited - Leading EU Hosting Solution Provider || UK Dedicated Server Sale - True HA Cloud VPS - Latest LET Offer

Cloud Web Hosting | SSD & SAS HA VPS on OnApp | Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Managed Services

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Provider

@Clouvider said:

@1024 said:

Committing a fraud in the process. Yeah, good job.

I think such people should be banned.

• jaejae Member

ExonHost said: Check OP ticket response. They closed his account after his last reply on the ticket.

Oh ... you are right.... thanks