Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I violated SpeedyKVM's terms of service to abuse promotion codes. My account was terminated.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I violated SpeedyKVM's terms of service to abuse promotion codes. My account was terminated.

bdwebservicesbdwebservices Member
edited July 2017 in Reviews

I am sharing my few weeks experience with Speedykvm. I ordered VPS on June 7 2017 with coupon code WHT30. I ordered another vps using same code and they said its limit for 1 customer and they suspended my old VPS and created an invoice $10 for violation of TOS (the TOS is I applied coupon 2 times!).

I paid $10 for this ridiculous TOS (which is not mentioned in their website) and they activate the server again and they said I can order again with regular price.

My reply was “This is my 1st and last order nonsense TOS, nonsense company, nonsense customer (it’s me)” after this reply they terminate my account and server without any notice or warning! They are so rude, unprofessional and they kicked by their Girl Friends or Wife!

Just stay away such a provider!

Thanked by 1hanoi

Comments

• DT_DT_ Member
    edited July 2017

Well that's unacceptable, they intentionally allow people to redeem more than once the same promotion code so they can get a potential $10 violation fee. Thanks for the heads up, I won't even bother with them now.

Ultimately making you pay a $10 ransom fee for the data.

• Be careful if you order with them! Save your data remotely!

• layfonlayfon Member
    edited July 2017

While the story sounds dramatic, both op and first replier are NEW accounts.
    Some evidence, please?

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • Did you open two separate accounts to take advantage of a coupon?....

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@mikewazar said:
    Did you open two separate accounts to take advantage of a coupon?....

Looks like it. Ticket in screenshot says "multiple accounts". Dunno why someone would think that's ok to do.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

You apparently opened multiple accounts to try and get around their rules. Their terms of service says you can't do this, but you did it anyway.

SPECIAL OFFERS & DISCOUNT PRICING

Special offer pricing and coupons are limited to 1 per customer. Special offer/discounted servers may not be used to replace existing services. Cancellation of any server will result in promotion pricing being removed from all servers ordered on special offer/discount, regular pricing for all servers will be applied.

• @MikeA said:

@mikewazar said:

Looks like it. Ticket in screenshot says "multiple accounts". Dunno why someone would think that's ok to do.

That's why they said I have to pay $10 which I paid. But they can not terminate account without notice!

• 2 are different (but same paypal id) account one for my friend (who lives in Bangladesh and the country does not support PayPal) I am trying help my friend to get the VPS!

• No you're trying to save face. You went against their ToS and got burnt. Go away.

• @mikewazar said:
    No you're trying to save face. You went against their ToS and got burnt. Go away.

there are thousand of low cost and better company than speedykvm (such as ramnode, DO and so on)

• @bdwebservices said:

@MikeA said:

@mikewazar said:

That's why they said I have to pay $10 which I paid. But they can not terminate account without notice!

But they can, because you violated their TOS!

• If I were you I won't post anywhere on the internet. You try to steal from them, you got caught, you got punished. The punishment in this case, losing your data. Since they are kind of enough to refund you.

Thanked by 2SpeedyKVM hanoi
  • SpeedyKVM is free to deal with anyone they want... but the fact they terminate your account and server without any notice or warning, that is a very bad and important thing that should never happen!

If they want to close your account they are free to do it, but they should at least give you a 24 to 48 hour notice in order for you to migrate your data and make all necessary additional tasks related with a server migration (dns, etc..)

Not good behaviour from speedykvm...

• @bdwebservices said:

@mikewazar said:
    No you're trying to save face. You went against their ToS and got burnt. Go away.

there are thousand of low cost and better company than speedykvm (such as ramnode, DO and so on)

Let me get this straight:

• You bought a VPS using account A
    • Taking advantage of the good coupon, you created account B
    • You got a ticket saying that the service was suspended
    • You were told to pay a $10 fine for violating their promotional policy
    • Services resumed after payment
    • Thread on LET claiming that your violation led to an "unexplained" suspension with a ransom to reactivate the service

You basically broke the terms. Plain n' simple. They did not charge any ransom, as it was a result of violating the terms of service.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • But this is unprofessional way to terminate account without warning or notice!

• @nqservices said:
    SpeedyKVM is free to deal with anyone they want... but the fact they terminate your account and server without any notice or warning, that is a very bad and important thing that should never happen!

If they want to close your account they are free to do it, but they should at least give you a 24 to 48 hour notice in order for you to migrate your data and make all necessary additional tasks related with a server migration (dns, etc..)

Not good behaviour from speedykvm...

That's what I want to say! Thanks!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Title edited to be factually correct. Please do not revert it.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • Then you have nothing to lose. Not really sounds like a punishment.
    You try to steal from other guy, get caught, get punished. Deal with it.

@bdwebservices said:
    But this is unprofessional way to terminate account without warning or notice!

• xaocxaoc Member

So, am i correctly assuming that they terminated the services after you paid the "ransom"? Also, did the second account contain your "friend's" information or your own?

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member
    edited July 2017

@DT_ said:
    Well that's unacceptable, they intentionally allow people to redeem more than once the same promotion code so they can get a potential $10 violation fee. Thanks for the heads up, I won't even bother with them now.

Ultimately making you pay a $10 ransom fee for the data

Incorrect, this coupon was one use per account, customer created a second account to bypass our coupon restriction. Due to client response we decided it would be best to part ways. All funds were refunded and account was closed.

Recap:
    -Client opens first account and creates two orders.
    -Opens ticket asking us to cancel the second invoice as the coupon code did not work for the second service.
    -Opens second account
    -Uses promo code on a second account and gets caught.
    -We charge abuse fee to recoup used coupon and TOS violation.
    -Client respons with nonsense reply.
    -We refund all invoices and decide it's best we part ways after violation of TOS and customer reply to the violation.

• SpeedyKVM_Ryan said: Incorrect, this coupon was one use per account, customer created a second account to bypass our coupon restriction.

While i don't like the Incero eco system (but one of my companies is customer, complicated story) this case is pretty clear - if you allowed to redeem twice on same and then charged fine... well, not very.

Tl;dr OP is not the brightest bulb at minimum.

Thanked by 3netomx hanoi doughmanes
  • If they demanded the US$10 payment to let the TOS violation go, they shouldn't have terminated you afterwards.

@ikkizenho said:
    If they demanded the US$10 payment to let the TOS violation go, they shouldn't have terminated you afterwards.

See:

SpeedyKVM_Ryan said: All funds were refunded and account was closed.

After:

bdwebservices said: This is my 1st and last order nonsense TOS, nonsense company, nonsense customer (it’s me)

And throw in:

bdwebservices said: They are so rude, unprofessional and they kicked by their Girl Friends or Wife!

Pick the side you want, but this is pretty cut and dry.

Thanked by 2doughmanes philipc
  • datakodatako Member

@ikkizenho said:
    If they demanded the US$10 payment to let the TOS violation go, they shouldn't have terminated you afterwards.

Seems like the $10 was to bring it back so user could recover data. User should not have abused in the first place.

Definitely on speedykvm side. They even refunded the user. Great service, and I'm happy with the kvm I have with them so far.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

You're just lucky that Gordon didn't turn up your house, set it on fire, then bang your wife in front of you while you watch your life go up in flames. He's getting soft in his old age.

@Nekki said:
    You're just lucky that Gordon didn't turn up your house, set it on fire, then bang your wife in front of you while you watch your life go up in flames. He's getting soft in his old age.

The weekend is just beginning, let's not count our chickens before they hatch.

Thanked by 3switsys netomx Nekki
  • http://prntscr.com/fqbcgi

That's a really soft reply xD

Thanked by 1cfgguy
  • At the time you abused this coupon there were actually 3 different 30% off coupons that you could have used simultaneously on a single account where it would not have been abuse.

better luck next time!

• You know the best part? If you would have registered on LET a few weeks earlier, you'd have found 2 more 30% off coupons for speedyKVM that you could've used on your normal account.