Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1,99€ dedicated server ? - Page 32
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1,99€ dedicated server ?

Comments

• theqkash said: What will happen if somebody won't renew this server after a month? Will it be available for another buyer? Or not?
    Do you think to restock this offer in few days?

Theses servers are upgraded (new network architecture and new 500GB SSD+hdd entreprise class drive) and sell as "Dedibox SC Gen2" servers for 9€ all included (already available on our web site http://www.online.net/fr/serveur-dedie/dedibox-scg2)

• @0xdragon said:
    I have two servers that are literally right next to each other, but I can only pull 50mbit between them. Is there any internal switch connectivity or rack connectivity? It shouldn't need to go outside the data centre...

Nop, there is no limitations of any kind on network side. Contact our technical support, your issue is not normal, we have to have a look on your switch

• abermingham said: Theses servers are upgraded (new network architecture and new 500GB SSD+hdd entreprise class drive) and sell as "Dedibox SC Gen2" servers for 9€ all included (already available on our web site http://www.online.net/fr/serveur-dedie/dedibox-scg2)

Everything is right now.

btw. Please look at PM I have sent you.

• @abermingham said:

"Dedibox SC Gen2" servers for 9€ all included

You mean 9,99€ + VAT, that's 12€.

• abermingham said: new network architecture

What's the difference between this servers and the normal line you offer when it comes to network?

• Congrats to all who got one. I was too late to order :)

• @abermingham just want to thank you about this opportunity, thanks :)

• @abermingham Hello! Will you remove VAT for EU clients that has a valid VAT number?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited August 2014

IPv6 setup with Debian and dibbler

apt-get install dibbler-client

nano /var/lib/dibbler/client-duid and enter your subnet DUID number:

00:03:00:01:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

nano /etc/dibbler/client.conf and enter/replace everything with:

duid-type duid-ll
     log-level 8
     inactive-mode
     iface "eth0" {
     pd
     }

nano /etc/network/interfaces

iface eth0 inet6 static
        address 2001:your-address::1
        netmask 48
       up /sbin/ifconfig eth0 inet6 add 2001:your-address::2/48
       up /sbin/ifconfig eth0 inet6 add 2001:your-address::3/48
       up /sbin/ifconfig eth0 inet6 add 2001:your-address::4/48
       up /sbin/ifconfig eth0 inet6 add 2001:your-address::aaaa/48

nano /etc/rc.local

ifdown eth0 && ifup eth0
    /usr/sbin/dibbler-client start

Reboot or execute: ifdown eth0 && ifup eth0 and dibbler-client start manually

• I managed to get 3 of the 1,99€ servers on the first day of the sale. I then had trouble getting any OS installed on the 3rd server (even after letting it run the install overnight.) Today Online.net support finally managed to get an OS installed, albeit not the one I wanted, but close enough.

This afternoon, I purchased one of their 9,99€ dedicated servers and now having the same issue in trying to get an OS installed. As before, the progression status on the website, displays the install stuck at the "Start dedibox" phase with the spinning busy icon. I thought it may be a browser cache issue and not refreshing properly but I logged on with another pc in a completely separate network, but it is still stuck on the "Start dedibox"

I know I will probably have to open a new support ticket but has anyone else had any issues getting the OS installed on the online.net servers?

• @Weblogics said:
    I managed to get 3 of the 1,99€ servers on the first day of the sale. I then had trouble getting any OS installed on the 3rd server (even after letting it run the install overnight.) Today Online.net support finally managed to get an OS installed, albeit not the one I wanted, but close enough.

This afternoon, I purchased one of their 9,99€ dedicated servers and now having the same issue in trying to get an OS installed. As before, the progression status on the website, displays the install stuck at the "Start dedibox" phase with the spinning busy icon. I thought it may be a browser cache issue and not refreshing properly but I logged on with another pc in a completely separate network, but it is still stuck on the "Start dedibox"

I know I will probably have to open a new support ticket but has anyone else had any issues getting the OS installed on the online.net servers?

Their install servers are being hammered.

• @weblogics @0xdragon same happened to me. I also assumed it was due to their servers being hammered so I left it overnight, and woke up to a nice message saying I had a hw failure and after confirming they could resolve it I got moved to a new server.

make sure you enabled their hardware monitoring and make it do a new check now (the last check on mine was months ago).

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

Not sure if anyone else noticed this but it appears CentOS 6 templates are available now via the reinstaller. :-)

• @Oliver said:
    Not sure if anyone else noticed this but it appears CentOS 6 templates are available now via the reinstaller. :-)

Mate, you are a bit slow. Mentioned back on page 15 or 16 I think. ;-)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

Right. Ignore me then. :-D

Thanked by 1Monsta_AU
  • abermingham said: Please feel free to ask me anything if you need, Arnaud

Did send you a pm :)

Nice day fellows

• @spirit Thanks for the guide. I'm having a bit of trouble getting mine to work.

My /var/lib/dibbler/client-duid is configured correctly.

Output of /etc/dibbler/client.conf

# Defaults for dibbler-client.
    # installed at /etc/dibbler/client.conf by the maintainer scripts

# 8 (Debug) is most verbose. 7 (Info) is usually the best option
    log-level 7

# To perform stateless (i.e. options only) configuration, uncomment
    # this line below and remove any "ia" keywords from interface definitions
    # stateless

iface eth0 {
    # ask for address
        ia

# ask for options
        option dns-server
    #   option domain
    #    option ntp-server
    #    option time-zone
    #    option sip-server
    #    option sip-domain
    #    option nis-server
    #    option nis-domain
    #    option nis+-server
    #    option nis+-domain
    }

duid-type duid-ll
     log-level 8
     inactive-mode
     iface "eth0" {
     pd
     }

Output of /etc/network/interfaces

# This file describes the network interfaces available on your system
    # and how to activate them. For more information, see interfaces(5).

# The loopback network interface
    auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
    allow-hotplug eth0
    iface eth0 inet dhcp

iface eth0 inet6 static
        address 2001:0bc8:3c48::1
        netmask 48
       up /sbin/ifconfig eth0 inet6 add 2001:0bc8:3c48:d100::1/64

Have

ifdown -a && ifup -a

and a reboot, ifconfig displays this.

root@sd-26771:~# ifconfig
    eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 60:eb:69:8f:18:82
              inet addr:195.154.97.xxx  Bcast:195.154.97.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
              inet6 addr: fe80::62eb:69ff:fe8f:1882/64 Scope:Link
              inet6 addr: 2001:bc8:3c48:d100::1/64 Scope:Global
              inet6 addr: 2001:bc8:3c48::1/48 Scope:Global
              UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
              RX packets:2699 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
              TX packets:649 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
              collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
              RX bytes:229128 (223.7 KiB)  TX bytes:96465 (94.2 KiB)
              Interrupt:28 Memory:feae0000-feb00000

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
              inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
              inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
              UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:16436  Metric:1
              RX packets:62 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
              TX packets:62 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
              collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
              RX bytes:5731 (5.5 KiB)  TX bytes:5731 (5.5 KiB)

root@sd-26771:~#

But can't ping out over IPv6 and can't ping the box over IPv6.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2014

@kcaj you have two eth0 sections in the dibbler config. You were supposed to replace your whole config with @Spirit's, not add his onto the end. Not sure if this is the actual cause of the problem, however.

Thanked by 1J1021
  • @kcaj I am not sure if that's the reason, but your /etc/dibbler/client.conf seems only semi-edited. Log level, as example is added twice. Remove everything above duid-type duid-ll

Thanked by 1J1021

Also in case you use ip6tables, you need to allow incoming IPv6 UDP port 546.
    Just ran into that head on today on my servers.

• @spirit @rm Working now, thank you both.

• howardsl2howardsl2 Member
    edited August 2014

@rm_ said:
    Also in case you use ip6tables, you need to allow incoming IPv6 UDP port 546.
    Just ran into that head on today on my servers.

Or you can instead allow ESTABLISHED, RELATED packets in the IP6Tables INPUT chain, and set OUTPUT to ACCEPT? That should be sufficient.

• @Weblogics said:
    I managed to get 3 of the 1,99€ servers on the first day of the sale. I then had trouble getting any OS installed on the 3rd server (even after letting it run the install overnight.) Today Online.net support finally managed to get an OS installed, albeit not the one I wanted, but close enough.

Have you tried to ping and SSH into the box after an hour-ish or so? I noticed sometimes it is just their webpage not being refreshed properly however the installation process continues.

hwdsl2 said: Or you can instead allow ESTABLISHED, RELATED packets in the IP6Tables INPUT chain, and set OUTPUT to ACCEPT? That should be sufficient.

Looks like maybe no:

conntrack has no way to track DHCPv6, which uses multicast, so DHCPv6 traffic is not caught by allowing ESTABLISHED,RELATED connections

Thanked by 1netomx
  • howardsl2howardsl2 Member
    edited August 2014

@rm_ Point is well taken. Alternatively you can accept traffic from all link-local addresses, instead of using that UDP port 546 rule (source).

-A INPUT -s fe80::/10 -j ACCEPT

To everyone - An example IP6Tables config is given here. You may combine it with the rule above.

For those on Debian and using the ISC DHCP client with IPv6 (see configuration on page 9 by @Spirit), you can workaround that "Impossible condition" bug by using Monit to automatically restart dhclient when it crashes. Example configuration can be found at this link.

• holy shit I bet this thread will get 'bout 50 pages

• wychwych Member

@infected said:
    holy shit I bet this thread will get 'bout 50 pages

And the rest if KS thread is anything to go by...

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • abermingham said: Please feel free to ask me anything if you need, Arnaud

I sent you a PM. Thanks.

• berkayberkay Member
    edited August 2014

@sandro said:

I've done that twice and yet to get an answer. Waiting patiently.

And now got one. Not a positive one but at least an answer.

Thanked by 1netomx

Btw here is a pic of these servers, 12 fit in a 2U enclosure:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/05/15/dell_does_via_nano/