Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1,99€ dedicated server ? - Page 31
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1,99€ dedicated server ?

Comments

• berkayberkay Member
    edited August 2014

@theqkash said:
    So CEO should know the best answer here.

I think so. Doing flash sales is good but not limiting the amount of a customer can get isn't nice; that product will sell no matter what, it's a 2 EUR dedicated! 3, 5, 8, okay. But if someone has really got 30~ servers, it's not cool.

• Razza said: don't believe them when they say No stock for the futur i got that when i opened a ticket 2 day ago, was pissed off after i seen them sell more server today

So then I'm asking CEO for actual status of the thing.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2014

As i heard they sold out in 20 mins and only had about 30 servers. Sounds more like they terminated the abusers and were so nice to put it back in stock. He said he will not offer that again.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Infinity580 said: As i heard they sold out in 20 mins and only had about 30 servers. Sounds more like they terminated the abusers and were so nice to put it back in stock. He said he will not offer that again.

I would like to have this information from CEO.

• @abermingham said:
    Our stock has gone in 17min. Many customers scripted our order process, not fair.

This:

@rds100 said:
    abermingham could have limited to one per customer from the start. After all it's a promotional offer.

Really should have been limited to one (maybe two, and definitely no more than 5) if it's a loss-leader/marketing exercise.

• theqkashtheqkash Member
    edited August 2014

Detruire said: Really should have been limited to one (maybe two, and definitely no more than 5) if it's a loss-leader/marketing exercise.

Man, 1 user from here have bought around 30 of those servers and tried to sell here for 15EUR each...

• Guys, you do realise that this is a marketing stunt? It doesn't matter if only 10 people get all the stock, it's about the hype. The French know that hype is a very powerful tool in sales and that's why it doesn't matter how many they let people have.

• 0xdragon said: Guys, you do realise that this is a marketing stunt? It doesn't matter if only 10 people get all the stock, it's about the hype. The French know that hype is a very powerful tool in sales and that's why it doesn't matter how many they let people have.

True. However at least OVH have done it with common sense, with allowing 1 person to have 1 server only (I'm talking about those for 3-4EUR which have been available some time ago).

• KeithKeith Member
    edited August 2014

misposted

• RocksterRockster Member
    edited August 2014

People have right to do with their money whatever they want. Just because you were sleeping while others were buying in bulk there's no reason for anger. That's pathetic.
    At the end of the day it's just business.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • @theqkash said:
    True. However at least OVH have done it with common sense, with allowing 1 person to have 1 server only (I'm talking about those for 3-4EUR which have been available some time ago).

And a setup fee ;)

• Rockster said: People have right to do with their money whatever they want. Just because you were sleeping while others were buying in bulk there's no reason for anger. That's pathetic.

Who's angry?
    I just want to know if there is anything I should wait for or this offer is no more available.

0xdragon said: And a setup fee ;)

Exactly.

• theqkash said: Who's angry?

Seems like some people have feeling, that it's not fair that others were spending their money for more than one item, while they were sleeping :P

• Rockster said: Seems like some people have feeling, that it's not fair that others were spending their money for more than one item, while they were sleeping :P

I have nothing to those people. If they were able to do that it's okay.
    However provider should think if it is fair for people who can really need this, instead of some folks who're looking for easy earning.

• @0xdragon said:
    Guys, you do realise that this is a marketing stunt? It doesn't matter if only 10 people get all the stock, it's about the hype. The French know that hype is a very powerful tool in sales and that's why it doesn't matter how many they let people have.

Even if they were doing it at cost, a longer lasting deal means more people have the chance to see it (and not come away annoyed about hoarders/profiteers.)

When you factor in that they were doing it at a loss, limiting it makes more sense: there's not much difference between selling someone a few of these and selling them 20... aside from it costing 4x as much.

• theqkash said: However provider should think if it is fair for people who can really need this

Fair? What fairness have to do with that? Do they have any obligations to anyone? They aren't charity institution.
    Don't fool yourself. It's just business. And you were too late.

• Detruire said: When you factor in that they were doing it at a loss, limiting it makes more sense: there's not much difference between selling someone a few of these and selling them 20... aside from it costing 4x as much

I'm understanding in some another way.
    If I'm able to buy server for 2EUR and it will work fine, support would be nice and service will be reliable so why I may not buy another server from this provider?

At the moment a few of users have bought a lot of those servers. The better would be if a lot of users will buy only a few or one. More happy clients, more new clients for more expensive servers.

• @Detruire said:
    When you factor in that they were doing it at a loss, limiting it makes more sense: there's not much difference between selling someone a few of these and selling them 20... aside from it costing 4x as much.

If someone buys multiple, the cost charged to their card is larger and there's only one transaction for the credit card companies to charge Online for. I myself was limited to two. Mileage does vary though.

• Rockster said: Fair? What fairness have to do with that? Do they have any obligations to anyone? They aren't charity institution.

Don't fool yourself. It's just business. And you were too late.

Man, I've got one, so I wasn't too late. It is just my thoughts here.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

No, please just 4, i need 2more:)

• So there's NO WAY they'll restock? I really needed one :(

• sandro said: So there's NO WAY they'll restock? I really needed one :(

I have asked for that and waiting for reply from CEO.

• @theqkash said:

OK thanks.

• aberminghamabermingham Member
    edited August 2014

@theqkash said:

Hello, i confirm, this offer is over, we won't add any more servers. We've tried early this morning to add stocks, all has gone in few min only due to few unfair abusers (some of our customers has scripted our order procedure). As we want to promote this offer for new users, there is no reasons to add new servers for now.

Have a look on our regular offers on our web site, we have many sexy configurations who may fit your needs, still with well known premium brand (HP/Dell) hardware, support and unmetered network.

Thank you all for your orders, we will continue working hard to show you our support, network and service quality despiste the insane 1,99€ per mo price. Please feel free to ask me anything if you need,
    Arnaud

• blackblack Member
    edited August 2014

@abermingham said:
    Hello, i confirm, this offer is over, we won't add any more servers. We've tried early this morning to add stocks, all has gone in few min only due to few unfair abusers (some of our customers has scripted our order procedure). As we want to promote this offer for new users, there is no reasons to add new servers for now.

Have a look on our regular offers on our web site, we have many sexy configurations who may fit your needs, still with well known premium brand (HP/Dell) hardware, support and unmetered network.

Thank you all for your orders, we will continue working hard to show you our support, network and service quality despiste the insane 1,99€ per mo price. Please feel free to ask me anything if you need, Arnaud

That's generous of you. I think there's another issue to look at, in which people buy a lot of servers. Someone claimed to have 31 servers and tried to resell them for a higher price. Perhaps next time limit servers to 1 per account and not give more, if it's a promotional offer. I just want 1 server to play with :(

• @abermingham The offer mentions a real private network, how do you set it up?

• @abermingham said:

Just want to say, thank you! I know you probably aren't making a killing from selling 2EUR servers, but none the less, I was able to get one and I'm very happy with it :)

• @Keith said:
    abermingham The offer mentions a real private network, how do you set it up?

Nop, there is no RPN option on this server.

• abermingham said: Hello, i confirm, this offer is over, we won't add any more servers. We've tried early this morning to add stocks, all has gone in few min only due to few unfair abusers (some of our customers has scripted our order procedure). As we want to promote this offer for new users, there is no reasons to add new servers for now.

Thank you all for your orders, we will continue working hard to show you our support, network and service quality despiste the insane 1,99€ per mo price. Please feel free to ask me anything if you need, Arnaud

Arnaud, thanks for making things clear.

• @abermingham said:
    Nop, there is no RPN option on this server.

I have two servers that are literally right next to each other, but I can only pull 50mbit between them. Is there any internal switch connectivity or rack connectivity? It shouldn't need to go outside the data centre...