Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avante Hosting - Page 21
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Avante Hosting

Comments

• ...I wanted to grab this opportunity and have the 666th comment in this thread and wish everyone here a Haunted ...err... a Happy Halloween!
    happy-halloween!

• Mines been up for 12 days now (Dallas-KVM-Reg-3), but dd is giving results of 4-5 MB/sec.

cachefly speed tests fluctuate a lot, probably due to bad IO. but did the 100MB test in just over a minute.

Userloads also relatively high with nothing running, again, wait for IO im guessing.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2012

@marcm,

Why are you bumping the this thread with useless posts such as your Halloween post? I'm sure Avante is trying to get past what has happened. Just leave the thread be.

Same should go for everyone else.

• @Infinity can we get this closed?

Thanked by 1Randy
  • marcmmarcm Member
    edited October 2012

@CVPS_Chris said: Why are you bumping the this thread with useless posts such as your Halloween post?

Just wanted to get the 666th comment for a Halloween post. This thread can be closed or set to sink but that is not up to me.

@CVPS_Chris said: I'm sure Avante is trying to get past what has happened.

I bet he is, more than anyone else for sure.

@CVPS_Chris said: Just leave the thread be.

Except for the Halloween comments, all my replies where in regards to helping those that were somehow cheated by Avante. All I recommended was that those customers that were cheated pursue legal and legitimate ways to recover their money like writing the Better Business Bureau. And yes, I did ask Chris to apologize to this community and to his customers about one hundred comments ago.

Warm regards,
    Marc

• @Dionysus said: @Cvps_Chris: how can Avante move on without addressing continuing issues? Makes no bloody sense to me.

Moving on implies that the situation for the customers has either improved or been addressed. Neither has occurred

I heard that services had started to return to normal. Is this not the case?

• We need to just let this thread die.

• @Dionysus said: how can Avante move on without addressing continuing issues?

Cuz they are banned from the forum

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

They should be banned from LEB as well. At the end they are related (LET and LEB) and as far as I can see, he still seems to be active on his old Ad.

• Refund Never Came, scum of the earth.

• @LAKid said: Refund Never Came, scum of the earth.

To be fair i don't think they did that on purpose, they seem to have enough money to refund people.

• @gsrdgrdghd Avante sympathizer? GTFOH!

• I guess it's the DCs fault that the refund didn't go through...

Thanked by 3ihatetonyy Nexus Inglar
  • juanjuan Member
    edited October 2012

http://picpaste.com/avante-55BlArDj.jpg

We'll see how long this will be okay.

• @LAKid said: Refund Never Came, scum of the earth.

Did you get an email from 2Checkout?

• @nunim Nope. Avante guy is a lying scum. Don't care much of money, but lies on top of lies, that's what I don't like.

• nunimnunim Member
    edited October 2012

@LAKid said: @nunim Nope. Avante guy is a lying scum. Don't care much of money, but lies on top of lies, that's what I don't like.

Ah, I got an email from 2Checkout saying: "A credit/refund has been issued on the following order." So I think I'm in the clear, just had to bitch at em on IRC, I'm not sure why he still shows his face in there.

When I asked for a refund, he finally agreed and said he'd refund me and provide a month of free service, I said whatever I just want the refund but he set it up anyhow. I gave it a shot, I mean it's a free VPS right?

Installed Debian, only took one hour instead of 26 this time, then within 24 hours my new VPS had been deleted. He claimed that WHMCS did it automatically, and then set me up another one which needless to say I have no intention on using.

• @LaKid
    You were indeed refunded, its in the hands of 2Checkout.
    I advise you contact them, the funds are not in our account.

• @nunim
    Weird it took so long for the email...
    I recall sending the refund a few days ago.
    Unfortunately the due date was set to the provisioning date so when the cron went off the VPS was terminated. This was an error made by me.

• @g519
    I can go ahead and move you to our new upgraded nodes (KVM 4/5/6) Please PM me your email.

I seem to only get 50MB/s to Cachefly, but when using the Softlayer test file I can max out the gigE network port.

http://pastebin.com/M9Dcyexx

• @Chrisk: I would like to get refund

• @ChrisK I'll get in on that refund action

• Please PM VPS ID

• @ChrisK How about apologizing to your customers, this community, the providers that you insulted like @Nick_A from RamNode - and @Chief - who allows you to be here. I believe that it would be only fair. Thank you.

• @marcm he has already been asked to apologize to those he attacked and to his customers multiple times. So could everyone just stop asking and move along?

If he doesn't want to apologize so be it, let it be his problem. I for one am tired of seeing this thread go bumped back to the top, as I'm sure a few others are as well.

Thanked by 2juan Inglar
  • @LAKid: haha I read that in the tone of the guy in the Dictator movie

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Actually, I am interested in this thread. I see Chris keeps his cool in spite of ferocious (fully deserved) attacks.
    Okay, didnt apologize, but he does seem to refund, he is still at the rudder in spite of all the huge pressure, I like he didnt run off like a scared kid.
    Lessons will probably be learned, even if he doesnt admit it was his fault, he will try to avoid this in the future.
    It looks like he acts like this:
    1. OK I can do this;
    2. I take the money;
    3. Try to deliver with lowly gear/network/knowledge;
    4. Fail badly;
    5. Find excuse, try to sort out the mess.
    I doubt he had the intent to scam anyone. Things just spiraled out of control for various reasons, I wouldnt buy from him, certainly not an important VPS, but I think I can understand how he thinks and maybe one day will be a good and honest businessman.
    M

Thanked by 1luxor
  • Finally after 25 days and my VPS still down, Chris set up another new VPS/ip for me and others on the new node. After having to install and configure it all again this VPS is working well as the original was. Had no problems with the netinstall and was fast as with the first one. But with a Canadian IP and no ipv6 (no router advertisement). The control panel API is working fine again.

Don't know if there are more clients without service still, but also pending is to compensate those clients for the downtime that I hope he addresses properly when had all this mess sorted, and that the credited time won't cause "accidents" later as have read here.

I think that all this wouldn't have escalated so much and people be so upset for such a cheap VPS if he just had provided timely explanations about what was going on all this time and had replied to tickets instead of autoclosing them for weeks as if clients had been abandoned as if he didn't care.

For an $1/month VPS any excuse is better than none. "My dog got sick and had to sell a node. I broke with my girlfriend and she stole my phone with the management passwords..." That is what it looked like anyway. ;)

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2012

@marcm said: @ChrisK How about apologizing to your customers...

&&

@Maounique said: Okay, didnt apologize, but he does seem to refund

Actually he did. (otherwise I completely agree with rest of your post)

@ChrisK said: Yes, I may have said things I regret. Who hasn’t. You learn from these episodes.

Our website is back up and our new site should be ready in a week or so. For some reason we’ve had issues with a few of our servers. I have our tech team working on it. Generally speaking our move to Dallas was trouble free. Our support system is being revamped to improve service to our customers. Apologies to those who have been affected.

@marcm please be so kind and stop useless posthunting.

Thanked by 2Taz luxor
  • TazTaz Member

I bet @Damian is involved somewhere: P. This might end up like the ipxcore thread and I would be really happy to see that .