Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avante Hosting - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Avante Hosting

Comments

• The DDOS is too damn high ;)

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • Ok, time to give the guy a break. DoS is not fun for anyone.

Thanked by 1eastonch
  • @rds100 said: DoS is not fun for anyone.

And less for those with superior infrastructure. I don't know how much shit I've taken for my Vyatta atom routers, but hey, at least I've never been down for weeks.

• @jack still i don't think DoSing him is or anyone else should be encouraged. Beating with sticks maybe, but DoSing - never.

• @Jack definitely not. But replying the same way makes one just as bad as him.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@Jack said: He probably scammed someone out of a few grand for an 'amazing ' server which turned out to be some P4 from 2006 and they getting there own back...

There are no 2006 P4's

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@Jack said: Please elaborate.

Hmm, I thought they stopped producing them long before.

My mistake

• @BronzeByte said: Sorry guys, appears that AvanteHosting refunded everything to Obsidiancraft, no lawsuit thus.

any link?

• @nocom said: @BronzeByte said: Sorry guys, appears that AvanteHosting refunded everything to Obsidiancraft, no lawsuit thus.

any link?

http://obsidiancraft.com/home/m/2216558/article/780772/page/5

• 1Gbit to our web-server from the switch.
    Switch-Router-Uplink is all 10G

• @ChrisK said: 1Gbit to our web-server from the switch.

Switch-Router-Uplink is all 10G

I think you shouldn't call HackForums stupid as they are probably going to be your only future customers because they're retarded enough to not read reviews.
    Even though you might get your downtime etc. under control within a few days, the bad reviews remain.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I have just came from eating... and problems again?! Come on @Chrisk just refund

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2012

It's impressive to see how some other hosts want to see this host in deadpool :) Instead potentially hurted Avante Hosting clients you guys are main force of this thread :)
    Especially butthurted good ole "tin foil hat" headmaster :) But from other side I can't see even one of my favourite hosts to parade here.
    They are more busy to provide great longterm stable service than circlejerking here, guess...

Thanked by 4Liam adyg luxor Inglar
  • 16mb to your Windows machine from home router - translated

@ChrisK said: Switch-Router-Uplink is all 10G

sure i have 5 behind and 10 inside big box

• @ChrisK you said you had multitudes of 10Gbits... What?

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • @Spirit said: Especially butthurted good ole "tin foil hat" headmaster :) But from other side I can't see even one of my favourite hosts to parade here.

I don't think any host is here for the free beer, but instead to stick it to @ChrisK and his hateful attitude towards all other hosts in the past.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2012

@miTgiB said: I don't think any host is here for the free beer, but instead to stick it to @ChrisK and his hateful attitude towards all other hosts in the past.

&&

@miTgiB said: payback is a bitch....

So basicly you're saying that you guys (hosts) parade here as revenge for everything what this kid said to you (and some others) in past? There's still hope that Chris will grow up, learn from past mistakes and actually do something decent in life, he's very young after all, but some of you are beyond this hope...
    And don't get me wrong, I am not defending his act and I can understand why his customers are upset buy you guys, heh..
    I was there at IRC months ago when he was mocking about your home made router which drops so easily and I admit that with your undoubtful rich experiences you're doing way better with your home made router than he with his supposedly superior gear however if you will get upset and revengeous over every teenage words so easily you can spend rest of your life in arguing with kids. What about to be better for exchange in hope that he will recover his business soon in order to provide better service for his clients - after all it's not about him and you but about him and his unfortunate clients.

Thanked by 1luxor
  • @Spirit said: What about to be better for exchange in hope that he will recover his business soon in order to provide better service for his clients

That was tried in the past, probably an incident you were not around in IRC when I took the time to explain being immature was not the correct path, and if he presented himself in other alternative manners he might be accepted into the boys club, but alas as seen in this thread, he chooses to belittle all other networks as inferior, and he is the one down, so hows that working out for his customers? I will happily provide service to any of his customers, and when I say provide, I mean something usable, but to do that, they will have to open their wallets, even with @ChicagoVPS_Chris offering to do the same, even at his rates, ppl will need to open their wallets to pay for something that is stable. All the rants of @ChrisK about how he is going to shake up the LEB market with unsustainable pricing doesn't seem to be working out too well after all.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • @miTgiB Tim, You made router at home?

• Beating the kid is not going to help his customers. Even if he has been a bigmouth that is not nice.

And DDoSing his site? Prfff. Who are being the kids here? :(

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • Its up, but still we're getting a steady attack of 8Gbps

• Finally, someone has come to my defence! It is amazing how everyone piles on when they have problems.

Yes, I may have said things I regret. Who hasn’t. You learn from these episodes.

Our website is back up and our new site should be ready in a week or so. For some reason we’ve had issues with a few of our servers. I have our tech team working on it. Generally speaking our move to Dallas was trouble free. Our support system is being revamped to improve service to our customers. Apologies to those who have been affected.

• Is be much more empathetic if he hadn't done several large mistakes, screwing with obsidiancraft and his lovely hack forums affiliation at one point.

Agreed he's young, and there's nothing wrong with that, but when there's major cash flow, there has to be maturity in consistent amounts.

• @eastonch major cash flow is right... check..

• @nexus I meant, major flow for his age and singular clients with 3k transactions and the like.

• nocomnocom Member
    edited January 2017

Zen dont be like

@Spirit said: ( some others)

Chris K is ''back,, wi''th ,,lawyer''

!()

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@ChrisK said: Yes, I may have said things I regret. Who hasn’t. You learn from these episodes.

What have you learned from all this Chris?

Thanked by 1eastonch
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2012

@Nick_A said: What have you learned from all this Chris?

Nick, still blood thirsty?

Thanked by 1eastonch
  • Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Spirit said: Nick, still blood thirsty?

I'm not sure what your particular bone to pick is, but I think it's a fair question to ask of someone in Chris's situation. He said he learned something; I'm very curious to know what that is. Describing that question as blood thirsty is pure hyperbole and unwarranted.

Thanked by 1eastonch