Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVM

HC_RoHC_Ro Member
edited July 2012 in Providers

Did they get sold or something?

BlueVM_Sales has been spamming WHT tonight with offers in random discussion threads. I thought BlueVM was a regular contributor.

Comments

• probably a faker?

• Its most definitely a faker.

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member
    edited July 2012

Hello,

I have the perfect hosting solution for you.

We offer a semi-dedicated server (KVM) , 200GB Dedicated Storage with a massive 2TB bandwidth for ONLY $30 per month, with its own dedicated CPU (Xeon Dual Core (2.5 Ghz / Core) and will support PHP,Perl & Ruby along with all kernel updates, we have a GREAT support team that are online nearly 24/7 !

To purchase

LINK: https://www.bluevm.com/cart.php?gid=25

If you have any further question's we have a IRC channel which you can talk with us 24/7,

LINK: http://chat.mibbit.com/?channel=#b...bsidianirc.net

-BlueVM Sales Department

Whoever it is it is really annoying.

• flyfly Member

that looks like legit spam. we know he's been looking to sell semi-dedi's for some time.

• KairusKairus Member
    edited July 2012

Doesn't seem like the same person that comments on here, just going off punctuation. It seems like it's someone whose native language isn't english going off the spaces after the punctuation (esp. w/ commas).

• flyfly Member

so he paid someone to do it for him....?

• @kbar said: so he paid someone to do it for him....?

I doubt it. Could just be some pissed off kid who wants to make it look legit before taking it down? I personally don't know, its all speculation.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

That would not be a wise decision, letting someone be your image here. I would trust nobody with that, even tho many ppl hate me anyway, it is better to hate me for what I am rather than for what I am not.
    That being said, I had to cancel BlueVM due to huge stability issues and I still got invoice overdue and suspension notices so I doubt he has the time to properly run the business anymore, which is a shame, I was happy with the service before.
    M

• earlearl Member

@Maounique said: I was happy with the service before.

yeah it was pretty good until I had a billing issue and they deleted the wrong VPS, when I brought it to their attention they created a new VPS but in a total different location saying the old location is full?? I mean really!!

• @Maounique: I don't know dude, mines been going strong.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I ordered one of the semi-dedis, pure curiosity of the performance of hardware chosen and the network they're on.

edited July 2012

I dont want to be negative in any way shape or form, I just say what happened to me. My VPSes had the bad habit of going down and not coming back for days.
    Since I use a setup like set and forget except the usual round up of security updates, that was highly annoying and lasted a couple of months.
    M

• @Maounique: oh well sorry dude.

@jarland: how is it? I was looking at it and then said... Nahhh... too expensive :P

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@HalfEatenPie Something was wrong with the system he was going to provision me on, getting that sorted so I haven't tried it yet. Their half server though, looks like the real bargain.

• @jarland: I just got a 1GB KVM from them yesterday. He's waiting for IPs but I'm pretty excited. Gonna use it for my remote desktop :P (I'm getting Windows installed on it)

Thanked by 1jar

@HalfEatenPie said: I'm getting Windows installed on it

Good luck with that, and remember to have a good firewall and remove all unneeded services.
    M

• Maounique: not my first rodeo with Windows haha. I got security part covered for the most part.

@HalfEatenPie said: I got security part covered for the most part.

That doesnt sound good :P
    M

• AsadAsad Member

I remember the thread asking if anyone would be interested in these machines a few weeks back, so probably legit. Might get one..

Pretty impressed with my BlueVM machine, use it as a US DNS machine and secondary mail server in case my first is down. Had no issues at all, except for some firewall issues due to kernel modules being disabled or something.

• flyfly Member

@asadhaider you should never expect to depend on the kernel if you're using openvz.

• AsadAsad Member

@kbar Yeah I know, but it was the $2/mo special they had on. I decided later on to stick cPanel DNS and Exim, it's been running fine for the past two months with no firewall.

• PatsPats Member

@AsadHaider said: but it was the $2/mo special they had on

ur tearing down their Special and putting their reputation at stake by highly inflating the price!! it was $1.99/mo :)

• BlueVMBlueVM Member
    edited July 2012

Wow, this isn't us... So is someone spamming a website like ours or are they spamming our urls? We aren't on WHT.

• @BlueVM said: Wow, this isn't us... So is someone spamming a website like ours or are they spamming our urls? We aren't on WHT.

So basically someone is doing free advertising for you guys? Nice guy he/she must be :)

• @zhuanyi said: So basically someone is doing free advertising for you guys? Nice guy he/she must be :)

It could be used to gain "legitimacy" and then totally ruin their image. its not something good its something that can/could be detrimental.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member
    edited July 2012

@halfeatenpie - I agree, they could be trying to pump up our company then proceed to make us look like idiots or to attack our servers.

--
    I wrote the WHT support team this morning with the following:

Yesterday I found someone posting as "bluevm_sales" on the forums and who ever it is they aren't a part of my company and they do not have authorization to speak for us. I would appreciate it if you would suspend this user and delete all posts by them.

BlueVM Communications LLC is a business registered out of Colorado, USA and we have authorized no third party to speak in behalf of our company. We are also requesting the IP address and any information related to this person's account so that we can look into filing a legal claim against the individual.

• lbftlbft Member

@HalfEatenPie said: It could be used to gain "legitimacy" and then totally ruin their image. its not something good its something that can/could be detrimental.

It's also possible it's just a well-intentioned idiot who doesn't realise they're crapping on BlueVM's reputation by being spammy.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited July 2012

@lbft said: It's also possible it's just a well-intentioned idiot who doesn't realise they're crapping on BlueVM's reputation by being spammy.

If it was a well-intentioned idiot I'm sure they wouldn't be posing as BlueVM_Sales.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@bluevm do you have an affiliate program for your customers?
    Could be someone trying to make some extra dollars

• lbftlbft Member

@HalfEatenPie said: If it was a well-intentioned idiot I'm sure they wouldn't be posing as BlueVM_Sales.

I agree, but in general I try to follow Hanlon's razor.