Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Impossible to obtain a response from Delimiter - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Impossible to obtain a response from Delimiter

Comments

• TarZZ92 said: Don't want to help = Don't post offers

Actually, Mark has helped plenty on this forum, in this instances he's made it clear that he believes Delimiter to have acted properly so will not do anything else.

Also I thoroughly disagree with your sentiment; just because you post offers here, there's no reason to also offer unofficial support via the forum. Sure, it's a nice touch and no doubt helps generate goodwill and sales, but it's by no means a pre-requisite.

Now please, do not use this thread to rant about Delimiter any further.

• aglodek said: Throw in "Fraud Record" into the mix and I'm not a little scared of where we are heading.

I dont think its like that. The reason I said contact FraudRecord is they have been very fair in the times I have seen them intervene with other hosts reports.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

He may call Microsoft for help

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited November 2014

personally i cannot believe Delimiter made a fraudrecord report for this, no abuse of services were mentioned right? then why this report?! alot of hosting providers are going to take this serious and deny @alessio from ordering despite of it being something small as inaccurate information which may have been a simple mistake or privacy based action. Suspending the account would be justifyable but this report itself is bogus.

• MarkTurner said: This is not a problem, this is someone who tried to beat the system, were told they need to comply with the T&C's and provide valid contact information, didn't, got shutdown and refunded.

Beat the system? Excuse me? Why on earth should I do anything like this? I did provide valid information and the shutdown and refund is not the topic at all. Please dont derail it.

• @alessio said:
    I am sorry but this sentence does not make sense. I can post their replies but you will only see that they kept repeating themselves.

I say post as many of their replies as you can, prove that they were focusing on your address only and weren't mentioning anything else that Mark has brought up. It'll give everyone an idea of what direction the conversation was heading.

Until then my ball is in Delimiter's court

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

lol.... just, lol

I'm out the host hate crew is in.

• Why don't we all take a deep breath and wait and see what @Harzem says when he see's this thread and move on from there?

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited November 2014

@wych said: Pretty sure @Harzem is nothing like Steve Linford.

Maybe so. But give it time and then let's revisit this and see. To me, the (really great, BTW) name of the service speaks volumes! NSA & Co. seem to have gotten most people's attention, but at least there is some semblance of regulation and oversight. Oversight that is nonexistent in the private sector. This, coupled with runaway automation online, spells trouble down the road.

Thanked by 1HostNun
  • alessioalessio Member
    edited November 2014

Mark_R said: personally i cannot believe Delimiter made a fraudrecord report for this, no abuse of services were mentioned right? then why this report?! alot of hosting providers are going to take this serious and deny @alessio from ordering despite of it being something small as inaccurate information which may have been a simple mistake. Suspending the account would be justifyable but this report itself is bogus.

That is all what this thread is only about.

Umcookies said: I say post as many of their replies as you can, prove that they were focusing on your address only and weren't mentioning anything else that Mark has brought up. It'll give everyone an idea of what direction the conversation was heading.

Until then my ball is in Delimiter's court

Here we go

The matter is not closed, you have provided the address of ' **** ', This morning I have called the phone number associated with that address and asked them for you. They have never heard of you and cannot understand why you would give their address. They also advised that if a letter was sent to you at the address provided, it would be returned undelivered. Another bogus address.

We are going to proceed with suspension of this service, the information provided by you is false and the Paypal information we have received does not relate to an address in REDACTED.

You will receive a twenty-four hour notice shortly to remedy the breach of contract, you have had ample time to resolve this issue properly. If you cannot resolve this matter in the next twenty four hours, we will proceed with termination of service in accordance with section 4 of our terms of service.

BR, Anne

I called the ' **** ' on ****, they have never heard of you and said they would not accept mail on your behalf.

Our position remains the same, if we can't verify the information provided then the service will not be reinstated. If its not resolved in 24 hours, then a backup will be taken of your data, service will be terminated and prorata refund made.

Our terms of service are clear, you failed to resolve the matter in a timely fashion, we have been patient. There are many anomalies with the information provided including an unverified Paypal account registered in REDACTED. We've asked Paypal for clarification this morning.

If you want this service reinstated then you need to provide examinable, verifiable information, if you can't or won't then your service in accordance with our terms of service will be cancelled.

BR, Anne

We can't verify the information you have provided, the address is registered to a single institute so the assumption is this was a valid mailing address for you then they should know who you are.

Clearly its not valid.

We will proceed with cancellation of the service and closure of the account as per your request.

BR, Anne

This matter has been concluded.

BR, Anne

Just for the sake of good order, the number they called was aforementioned unrelated department and the third response about a single entity is blatanly wrong.

• @alessio did you provide them with a scan of your ID card? That might resolve the problem.

• @vRozenSch00n said:
    alessio did you provide them with a scan of your ID card? That might resolve the problem.

They never asked for it.

• @alessio

If it was for a work related project did you ever offer to give them the correct office phone number for your department?

Thanked by 1Lm85H4gFkh3wk3
  • alessio said: They never asked for it.

I see. Well, if I were you, I would voluntarily provide my ID to prove who I am :) and no need for hassle.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited November 2014

MarkTurner said: @alessio - it was not a random number it was the personnel dept at that location. They should know who works there. They asked at the reception, no-one knew you, they asked for the personnel dept and then asked for your extension number, they didn't know you.

Most large companies or even many small ones have a policy of not admitting to an employee working there unless they are sure it isn't unsolicited.

@alessio --- COuld you not change the address on the paypal to your current one. I registered mine in India... then moved to the UK ...changed it to the address there and when I moved back to India again... Changed it to the current address I live in... didn't take much effort than a few strokes on the keyboard

• @ez2uk in my experience when someone calls they would introduce themselves.
    "Hello this is C4ll3r from ABC company, may I speak to R3c3p1ent, please."
    the proper answer might be
    "Just a moment please." the telephonist check the phone directory then reply
    "I'm very sorry sir nobody by that name work here,"

so it is not necessary to directly ask
    "Hello this is C4ll3r from ABC company, does R3c3p1ent work here?"

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited November 2014

@AnthonySmith said:
    lol.... just, lol

I'm out the host hate crew is in.

I'm not sure why you think this is the case, so far there are only major concerns going on from the customer side about hosting providers being too quick to post a fraudreport. every report will be interpreted differently with each provider and a small report that contains no real malicious service abuse could cause a customer alot of trouble with future providers.

Sometimes i have the feeling that providers do forget about the effect of their actions. do you even care?

• Not always my friend... departments and key personnel with deskphones and those on external call list (clients, vendors) are listed on a directory and those not required to be in internal / external contact are not listed... And then comes into effect privacy laws, security issues, productivity rules, the operator etc...

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • ez2uk said: Not always my friend... departments and key personnel with deskphones and those on external call list (clients, vendors) are listed on a directory and those not required to be in internal / external contact are not listed... And then comes into effect privacy laws, security issues, productivity rules, the operator etc...

That's the point! Never provide a number that not yours or you are not listed as a member :)

• @MarkTurner said:
    TheLonely - I wouldn't worry, I have nothing to say further on this. I answered this by PM over a week ago. He knows what to do. If FraudRecord don't want to respond to him then thats between them and the OP. I satisfied myself on this matter when I was first contacted.

It seemed I needed the popcorn :p

• TheLonely said: It seemed I needed the popcorn :p

And some coke :P

Just kidding, actually the longer this thread would be, would not resolve Alessio's issue. IMHO, he better provide the necessary documents to clarify the matters and ask Delimiter to withdraw the FraudRecord.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Mark_R said: I'm not sure why you think this is the case

I know.

• There is a duality (love that word) in this, the fraudrecord contains some false details and is effectively useless when querying via those details.

I assume the definitely true datapoints would be the email address & address used to pay with at paypal.

It seems to me the provider should validate sign up details in the beginning, at sign up, not 2 months into service. It'd odd that for those two months it's "business as usual" then one day it isn't. With this fact, I'd say the fraudrecord should at least include this detail. It's not right to simply say "false details, customer difficult".

• vRozenSch00n said: he better provide the necessary documents to clarify the matters and ask Delimiter to withdraw the FraudRecord.

What documents? You do realise that all of this happened half a year ago? I am not even a customer of theirs anymore.

The facts that remains is that these allegations are incorrect. Those who believe Delimiter acted properly, please read my initial posting carefully, and please in its entirety, and tell me where I should have been at fault (except for the initially missing street number) and what on earth would justify such a record.

• ricardo said: I assume the definitely true datapoints would be the email address & address used to pay with at paypal.

They did match. But I'd like to stress again, the payment was never questioned and at the point of the complaint it was well beyond any chargeback periods anyhow.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited November 2014

@alessio, just a suggestion but when you signup to anything new... can you use an email alias? e.g. with gmail you could use [email protected]. You can use "St." instead of "Street" in address. I don't know how the internals of fraud record work (and I'm sure you'd like to remove the record in principle), but it seems like it wouldn't be hard to avoid getting/hitting records altogether.

• alessio said: You do realise that all of this happened half a year ago? I am not even a customer of theirs anymore.

I do.

alessio said: The facts that remains is that these allegations are incorrect. Those who believe Delimiter acted properly, please read my initial posting carefully, and please in its entirety, and tell me where I should have been at fault (except for the initially missing street number) and what on earth would justify such a record.

Nothing wrong with it, but you need to clear your name, don't you?

Contact them and ask them to clear your name by submitting a verifiable data (ID copy) or whatever document necessary to clear your name :)

• ricardo said: just a suggestion but when you signup to anything new... can you use an email alias? e.g. with gmail you could use [email protected]. You can use "St." instead of "Street" in address. I don't know how the internals of fraud record work (and I'm sure you'd like to remove the record in principle), but it seems like it wouldn't be hard to avoid getting/hitting records altogether.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'd like to avoid such "tricks" when it can be easily fixed by having such a record "adjusted" upon a reasonable complaint. I'd say that is what one should be able to expect from a reputable provider.

Also, the record also matches my full name and if I started making modifications there, it would really border fraud (exactly what Delimiter is accusing me of).

• vRozenSch00n said: Contact them and ask them to clear your name by submitting a verifiable data (ID copy) or whatever document necessary to clear your name :)

I did contact them and didnt get any response. This was the very motive for starting this thread.

• alessio said: I did contact them and didnt get any response. This was the very motive for starting this thread.

How did you contact them? At this point e-mail or phone wouldn't be effective. Use fax or snail mail to Delimiter with cc to FraudRecord to clear your name.

When Delimiter response, ask them to clear your name and show them that you are willing to cooperate.

This discussion has been closed.