Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost is HIRING
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost is HIRING

We're looking for L3 techs with experience in OpenVZ virtualization. On-call and available largely throughout the day, preferably in the EST, CST, MST, or PST time zones.

Pay ranges from $15 to $35 per hour depending on experience, availability, and number of hours worked. Pay is negotiable.

If accepted, we require a government issued I.D and for you to sign a non disclosure agreement.

You must be a resident of the U.S or Canada.

If you are interested please send me a PM with your contact information.

Comments

• Want an Aussie? No? Well...

• Who'd want to associate themselves with this kind of company?

Thanked by 1Monsta_AU
  • 小板凳前排入座.

• @David_P said:
    Who'd want to associate themselves with this kind of company?

Considering the pay that seems like a trade off that could be made. I'm not aware of any LE* company that can pay into the $30/hr range. I'd assume they would be using a fake name under support too.

• RBHRBH Member

@WebSearchingPro said:
    Considering the pay that seems like a trade off that could be made. I'm not aware of any LE* company that can pay into the $30/hr range. I'd assume they would be using a fake name under support too.

Thats why they make you sign a NDA so you can't bitch about your pay after.

• ATHKATHK Member

I thought GVH had all in-house staff anyway..

• nullnullnullnull Member
    edited August 2014

@kyaky said: 小板凳前排入座.

GVH_Jon said: You must be a resident of the U.S or Canada.

• @ATHK said:
    I thought GVH had all in-house staff anyway..

Probably expanding due to all the threads on LET generating so many sales :P

• WorldWorld Veteran

@kyaky said:
    小板凳前排入座.

Hey bro English pls

• Monsta_AUMonsta_AU Member
    edited August 2014

@David_P said:
    Who'd want to associate themselves with this kind of company?

I asked myself the same question. However some people know no shame, or are desperate.

@WebSearchingPro said:

You are kidding yourself if you think they pay up to $30/hr. It's just there to look good and get more applicants.

I would be surprised if anyone got more than the base offering here... and would not be surprised if they offered some positions at less than $15.

"Sorry, you don't meet our standards for employment as an L3, but you can be a L1 tech at $5/hr"

• @Monster_AU

I have paid him $25 per hour for hours and hours of admin time before.

• ARKARK Member

美帝

• Also forgot to mention, a 1099 contractor agreement form needs to be signed.

• ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited August 2014

More importantly: I'll advise you on public relations for $35/hour.

Unrelated question: does anyone know how I can stretch "stop talking" into 40 hours a week?

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • @GVH_Jon where is your in-house team !? If i recall correctly 12 people ? Did they quit or your so call company grow bigger ?

Thanked by 1GIANT_CRAB
  • @GVH_Jon said:
    Also forgot to mention, a 1099 contractor agreement form needs to be signed.

Wait, wait, wait......

You are paying $35/hour (maximum) for a 1099 position? You expect some poor sap to not only feed himself, but provide healthcare AND 40% of his income to Uncle Sam?

Lets do the math, $35/hour = annual salary of $72,800
    Uncle Sam automatically takes $29,120 (40%). If you live in a state where State Income Tax is a thing, take some more money off.

So we're looking at a job that just clears $40k/year. It includes no heathcare, no time off, no benefits what so ever. I made more working at Walmart.

The only way this would make financial sense for anyone, is if GVH decided to include Health Care, and Paid Time Off. For a 1099 spot, I'd see pigs fly before that happens.

Thanked by 1Spencer
  • guys, stop feeding the troll.

we're getting trolled big time and giving him free publicity.

• DrJinglesMD said: So we're looking at a job that just clears $40k/year. It includes no heathcare, no time off, no benefits what so ever. I made more working at Walmart.

Jon's gotta take a little off the top for his massage treatments.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • hbjlee17hbjlee17 Member, Host Rep

@GIANT_CRAB said:
    guys, stop feeding the troll.
    we're getting trolled big time and giving him free publicity.

Exactly.

• MunMun Member

• This is his marketing thread

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@Mun said:

Try using html for your images. They never load on my mobile :(

• David_P said: Who'd want to associate themselves with this kind of company?

For 35 bucks an hour, I would

Thanked by 2ihatetonyy hostnoob
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited August 2014

Yea, at 35$ i won't complain either

• @jcaleb said:
    For 35 bucks an hour, I would

@William said:
    Yea, at 35$ i won't complain either

It's not $35/hour, after taxes you're looking at closer to $20/hour.

Run, run as fast as you can

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited August 2014

@DrJinglesMD In Greece, 20$ per hour is 3360 monthly salary, about 2700€ (8 hours per day, 21 days per month, 2 days off every week). The minimum salary here is 410€ per month and an average salary is about 600-650€ (hail the crisis...).

Even if you pay for full public insurance (something you are obligated to do if you have a personal business and covers all medical and medicine expenses in all EU countries), the cost is no more than 400€ per month.

In most EU countries in the South (Spain, Portugal, Italy etc.), salaries are similar and in European North, average to higher salary is about 2000€. So, a clear salary of 2300€ is extremely good, you have to work for many years in a big company and become an executive to gain that money...

20$ per hour after taxes are not bad at all for Europe, or I should say this person is very well-paid and he works from home or anywhere he has a laptop and a dsl connection!

So, it is tempting as of the money, I don't know as for the company though...

• said: You must be a resident of the U.S or Canada.

I understand in other parts of the world this would be a great deal, but for America and Canada, no.

• You guys act like Jon is going to pay top dollar for whom he hires. Consider $25 as the average he's willing to pay and do your tax calculations based off that.

• DrJinglesMD said: It's not $35/hour, after taxes you're looking at closer to $20/hour.

I don't pay US tax and would invoice on a company.

• DrJinglesMD said: I understand in other parts of the world this would be a great deal, but for America and Canada, no.

I'm from Manila. So 35 bucks is huge