Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

QuantumCore - Aus Ryzen VPS for $1.40 AUD/month for first 1, 3 or 6 months!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

QuantumCore - Aus Ryzen VPS for $1.40 AUD/month for first 1, 3 or 6 months!

QuantumCoreQuantumCore Member, Host Rep

Hi all,

Get an 80% discount off your first monthly, quarterly or semi-annual invoice on our Ryzen VPS Range using code -

RYZEN80OFF

Our base VPS is $7 AUD per month ($1.40 per month with the promo code) and includes the following -

1GB Memory
15GB NVME Disk Space
1TB Bandwidth
1 Core 3.8GHz+

Better be quick as there's only 20 coupon uses available for the next 7 days. This offer is available for new and existing clients with a limited use of one time per client.

To see more information and our plans, visit https://quantumcore.com.au/ryzen-vps

Quantum Core is 100% Australian owned and operated and the team behind Quantum Core has over 20 years in experience in the Web Hosting industry.

Our servers have a 1Gb link, clock speeds of 3.8GHz+ and use purely NVMe storage.

Quantum Core servers are located in Equinix Data Centres in Sydney.

Our ping/tracert IP is: 103.246.250.3
Looking Glass: https://lg.quantumcore.com.au/

Comments

• It's fair share

• mcgreemcgree Member
    edited October 2021

Debian 11 not found.

It doesn't look like you're assigning /64 to each instance, does it?

If not, then why did you do it?

• Great offer!!!
    I've been using these guy for a while now and can't say enough good things about them.

Thanked by 1QuantumCore
  • QuantumCoreQuantumCore Member, Host Rep

@mcgree said: Debian 11 not found.

It doesn't look like you're assigning /64 to each instance, does it?

If not, then why did you do it?

I'll see if we can get the Debian 11 template added. If you do want it right now though, we can easily mount the Debian 11 ISO for you.

We don't automatically provision our servers with IPv6 but we can add individual IPv6 addresses to the VPS by request of the customer.

@FrankZ said: Great offer!!!
    I've been using these guy for a while now and can't say enough good things about them.

Thanks for the kind words FrankZ :)

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • first monthly, quarterly or semi-annual invoice

Any recurring offers?

• NMSLNMSLNMSLNMSL Member
    edited October 2021

Providers and customers are like sex. A lifetime discount is needed to determine the long-term relationship

Thanked by 2yoursunny mcgree
  • IziDIziD Member
    edited October 2021

@QuantumCore , from your ToS:

if Quantum Core for whatever reason becomes aware of a breach of the Acceptable Usage Policy then it reserves the right to immediately [...]

• Without notice remove any web pages provided by or to The Customer
    • Terminate or suspend the provision of the Quantum Core Services to The Customer
    • Provide a copy of the infringing material to any authority empowered by law to request the same

Being "empowered by law" does not imply having a valid warrant. Are you are providing customer's data to authorities before there is court order requiring you to do so?

I do expect you to answer along the lines of "your privacy is very important to us" - please go ahead and explain the ToS quoted above.

Additionally:

whist generally Quantum Core will respect The Customers privacy, in very limited cases such as resource allocation or system checks Quantum Core will examine data content

and

[...] if any customer does Quantum Core may terminate the account with no refund. Depending on the situation there will/won't be warnings sent.
    a) Use of any kind of distributed computing software, including but not limited to SETI@home, Node Zero and Folding@home.
    b) Run any software that interfaces with an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network.
    c) Use our service to bit torrent or other P2P network services/client or server software.

Categories are broad and vague. No reference to the legality of the information shared, but rather to the fact of using "P2P" and others. Services using WebRTC should keep passing by I reckon.

TL;DR

Seeing a company operated from Down Under is great, but your terms and conditions are denying any possible business.

Thanked by 1Privacy
  • IziDIziD Member
    edited October 2021

Ok, there is more

You are allocated a monthly bandwidth allowance. This allowance varies depending on the package you purchase. Should your account pass the allocated amount we reserve the right to suspend the account until the start of the next allocation, suspend the account until more bandwidth is purchased at an additional fee, suspend the account until you upgrade to a higher level of package, terminate the account and/or charge you an additional fee for the overages

Suspension is fair, but termination of the account for exhausted traffic allowance?..

re. "charge additional fee" - why the fee isn't disclosed at https://quantumcore.com.au/ryzen-vps ?

Quantum Core does not accept any form of streaming unless it is first authorised by Quantum Core via a support ticket.

Should be at the front-page, currenty buried in AUP.

You may not publish, distribute, or otherwise copy in any manner any music, software, art [...]
    b) you are otherwise permitted by established United States copyright law to copy the work in that manner.

Unusual turn for the AUS company.

You may not engage in illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behaviour, including:

Good ol' picking quarrels and provoking trouble.

including, but not limited to Internet scanning (tricking other people into releasing their passwords)

So this is what "internet scanning" is! Good to know.

• The initial offering is great but there were a couple valid issues raised.

• @IziD said:
    @QuantumCore , from your ToS:

whist generally Quantum Core will respect The Customers privacy, in very limited cases such as resource allocation or system checks Quantum Core will examine data content

*something about gardens here*

Thanked by 1bulbasaur

Hi @IziD, you've definitely brought up some valid points. I'll have a chat to management and will see if we can relax the terms that you've pointed out.

We're a very accommodating host so as long as you don't do anything illegal or majorly impact other clients that are using our services, we'll leave you be with your service.

Good to see that you're carefully reading a company's ToS before signing up :)

Thanked by 2IziD digitalwicked
  • Grabbed Ryzen-5 for 6months at $66AUD :open_mouth:

Thanked by 2QuantumCore bdl
  • @QuantumCore said: Hi @IziD, you've definitely brought up some valid points. I'll have a chat to management and will see if we can relax the terms that you've pointed out.

I thought you are the management :) How large is the company?

We're a very accommodating host so as long as you don't do anything illegal or majorly impact other clients that are using our services, we'll leave you be with your service.
    Good to see that you're carefully reading a company's ToS before signing up :)

Please announce new ToS/AUP here. Would love to see more Australian companies on LET; better if they can offer what some of our overseas friends are lacking - sane policies to begin with.

Thanked by 1digitalwicked

@digitalwicked said: Grabbed Ryzen-5 for 6months at $66AUD

Enjoy :)

Thanked by 1digitalwicked
  • @QuantumCore said:

The lifetime coupon code can bring a lot of meaningful customers. As long as you dare to try.

• Recurring deal would be much better :smile:

• bdlbdl Member

@NMSLNMSL said:

@QuantumCore said:

The lifetime coupon code can bring a lot of meaningful customers. As long as you dare to try.

You are not Confucius. Confucociu, perhaps.

• CANCELLED :'(

It saves me money.

Thanked by 1yoursunny

@IziD said: I thought you are the management How large is the company?

I'm high enough up the chain but it does go higher :) We've got quite a few people working for the company now.

When we do update the ToS/AUP, I'll make sure to let everyone here know.

The coupons have been exhausted but I'll see if we can do a recurring deal for our Intel servers. Watch this space :)

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @QuantumCore said:

I'm high enough up the chain but it does go higher :) We've got quite a few people working for the company now.

The coupons have been exhausted but I'll see if we can do a recurring deal for our Intel servers. Watch this space :)

Apart from iron ore and lamb, Australia has nothing else valuable.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
    edited October 2021

@NMSLNMSL said:

@QuantumCore said:

Don't you dare say wombats aren't valuable. Have you seen how cute they are?!

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @trewq said: Don't you dare say wombats aren't valuable. Have you seen how cute they are?!

Have you fully embraced southern hairy-nosed wombat or still prefer the common one?

• bdlbdl Member
    edited October 2021

@NMSLNMSL said:

@QuantumCore said:

And .cn is desperate for both! haha

...they're called... @dahartigan s :wink:

• Nice quick money attempts.

Are these guys who refuse to enable one time balance payment by PayPal?

• bdlbdl Member

@jenkki said:
    Nice quick money attempts.

Pull your finger out, QC have a history of being reputable.

Thanked by 1QuantumCore
  • @bdl said: Pull your finger out, QC have a history of being reputable.

Okay Just going true. But they have bad support and not listen their clients as well. No more questions to them.

• Some recurring deals pls.

@jenkki said: Nice quick money attempts.

As we have mentioned to you previously, this is how the new PayPal module works for WHMCS. You can only use one time payments for non-recurring services. For recurring services, a subscription will be created in PayPal.

We're fine for you to cancel this subscription in PayPal at any time and will happily refund any money should a service be cancelled but the PayPal subscription charges you after the date that the service was cancelled.

@jenkki said: Okay Just going true. But they have bad support and not listen their clients as well. No more questions to them.

Have you got any ticket IDs that you can provide me so that I can have a look into the bad support that you've experienced with us?

@galesaur said: Some recurring deals pls.

We'll potentially be coming out with some recurring deals for our Intel VPS so keep an eye out on LET :)

• @QuantumCore said: We're fine for you to cancel this subscription in PayPal at any time and will happily refund any money should a service be cancelled but the PayPal subscription charges you after the date that the service was cancelled.

New PayPal module allow only add Credit Card linked into PayPal for recurring payments. There NO option to pay from balance. If I have enough balance but not have money on linked CC why I need to follow your desires. Problem is not with cancel recurring payment any time. Many PayPal users just have static CC placed into their PayPal accounts and not be able even set payment with them.

Better if you move your fingers on and add OLD payment buttons as alternative. Many providers do that for now.

@jenkki said: New PayPal module allow only add Credit Card linked into PayPal for recurring payments. There NO option to pay from balance. If I have enough balance but not have money on linked CC why I need to follow your desires. Problem is not with cancel recurring payment any time. Many PayPal users just have static CC placed into their PayPal accounts and not be able even set payment with them.

Better if you move your fingers on and add OLD payment buttons as alternative. Many providers do that for now.

I'll see what we can do but for now, that's how our system currently works.