Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inception Hosting - Launching FRANKFURT & PHOENIX NVMe KVM Servers on Clouvider's Network 33% off - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Inception Hosting - Launching FRANKFURT & PHOENIX NVMe KVM Servers on Clouvider's Network 33% off

Comments

• @InceptionHosting sir this 3000 GB Bandwidth is refreshing every month right? or this is means 3TB/year?

Thanked by 1dosai
  • @team_traitor said:
    @InceptionHosting sir this 3000 GB Bandwidth is refreshing every month right? or this is means 3TB/year?

3TB monthly, not yearly :-)

• @InceptionHosting said:

@dev_vps said:
    @InceptionHosting

I have Amsterdam VPS .... can I move it to Phoenix location? Thanks

Strongly recommended. Very stable environment.
    Running Windows 2019

It is possible yes, it will depend on the plan you have etc, we did a double disk offer a while back in AMS when we could only get very large NVMe disks so if you took advantage of that then unfortunately not.

If it is a regular-sized plan or you don't mind getting a fresh VPS based on the standard specs then We may be able to consider it, either way, pop a ticket in for a decision, if we can we will.

Thank you so much. Greatly appreciated

Ticket Created #192053

• Sadly, Orders from China are not accepted..

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Member, Patron Provider

@team_traitor said:
    @InceptionHosting sir this 3000 GB Bandwidth is refreshing every month right? or this is means 3TB/year?

yep, it is monthly.

@LTniger said:

@Clouvider said:
    @LTniger
    Only one on the above website shows as Russia, IP2Location, that’s because they have outdated DB files:

https://www.ip2location.com/demo/193.107.20.3

All is good mate. Just noticing. Zero F given if it's russia or bolivia :) IP is IP.

I have submitted a request for them to update anyway. :) Thanks for letting me know.

sorry to bother on that topic again, but found https://ipapi.com/ to be another one popping up russia as geolocation - would be awesome if you could send a request there too ;-)

@Falzo said:

@InceptionHosting said:

@LTniger said:

@Clouvider said:
    @LTniger
    Only one on the above website shows as Russia, IP2Location, that’s because they have outdated DB files:

All is good mate. Just noticing. Zero F given if it's russia or bolivia :) IP is IP.

I have submitted a request for them to update anyway. :) Thanks for letting me know.

sorry to bother on that topic again, but found https://ipapi.com/ to be another one popping up russia as geolocation - would be awesome if you could send a request there too ;-)

Hi @Falzo

I have actually been chasing this one for a few days now as it happens when someone else reported it via a ticket.

Unfortunately, the update submission form for ipapi.com is broken and they themselves do not hold a local database, rather they scrape from others from what I can see.

I have tried emailing them directly at an address I found but am yet to get a reply.

I will keep note and will continue to chase it though, I do suspect that this "db" is zero-touch and the chances of getting a human are slim but will keep trying.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited September 2021

@InceptionHosting said:

@Falzo said:

@InceptionHosting said:

@LTniger said:

@Clouvider said:
    @LTniger

Hi @Falzo

I have actually been chasing this one for a few days now as it happens when someone else reported it via a ticket.

Unfortunately, the update submission form for ipapi.com is broken and they themselves do not hold a local database, rather they scrape from others from what I can see.

I have tried emailing them directly at an address I found but am yet to get a reply.

I will keep note and will continue to chase it though, I do suspect that this "db" is zero-touch and the chances of getting a human are slim but will keep trying.

was afraid of something like that as I couldn't see any form or even description for requests... thanks a low for your efforts though!

might get adjusted over time then.

• @InceptionHosting China is still blocked for ordering? How can I get one of your VPS, which I really want? Thanks

• @Com_Reg said:
    @InceptionHosting China is still blocked for ordering? How can I get one of your VPS, which I really want? Thanks

If you're from China you likely can't get it no matter how much you want it. There's other providers who have East Asian locations as well.

• @Com_Reg said:
    @InceptionHosting China is still blocked for ordering? How can I get one of your VPS, which I really want? Thanks

I imagine that moving to a different country would resolve that problem.

• @webcraft said:

@Com_Reg said:

If you're from China you likely can't get it no matter how much you want it. There's other providers who have East Asian locations as well.

Thanks.

• @tetech said:

@Com_Reg said:

I imagine that moving to a different country would resolve that problem.

100% correct.

Thanked by 1bsh

@Com_Reg sorry but right now this is not a policy we will change or make exceptions for.

We are investigating the possibility of adding then restricting certain orders to certain none reveresable payment gateways to lift this rule however I have no ETA on when this will be live, I just know it will not be soon.

@Com_Reg sorry but right now this is not a policy we will change or make exceptions for.

We are investigating the possibility of adding then restricting certain orders to certain none reveresable payment gateways to lift this rule however I have no ETA on when this will be live, I just know it will not be soon.

Thanks, and sounds promising. Let's wait.

• Honestly as harsh as it may seem to those impacted, it’s probably just not worth permitting those regions both in support load and from a fraud perspective.

I’m sure Ant knows what he’s doing, and unfortunately there’s a perfectly valid reason for the restrictions that’s unlikely to change in the near future.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • Is the offer still valid?

• mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

@InceptionHosting

@evanwalters said:
    Is the offer still valid?

No

@evanwalters said:

Yes the offer is still valid until the end of the month.

• Hi,
    I saw the ToS on the page, but I'm confused. I didn't understand if multics server is allowed or not.
    Many thanks,

@Ttanyad said:
    Hi,
    I saw the ToS on the page, but I'm confused. I didn't understand if multics server is allowed or not.
    Many thanks,

If at its base it is something that uses spare CPU cycles etc like SETI, Folding@home etc then no.

• @Com_Reg said:

Good to see the mjj defense system at work lol

@evanwalters said:

The promo code doesn't work for me :(

• can anyone comment on the FREE complimentary DDOS protection ? is it good? my use case is to host a proxy for a site that gets heavily ddosed l4 and l7

@Ttanyad said:
    Hi,
    Many thanks,

If at its base it is something that uses spare CPU cycles etc like SETI, Folding@home etc then no.

Hi again,

Basically makes a lot of network traffic, retransmitting a lot of small packages - approx 3 tb/month, 1 CPU and 128MB RAM is enough. Only needs are a few TCP ports and one UDP port.
    Legally is in the gray area :), so the ToS of the VPN providers are different,.
    I need one or more servers and always for 1 year minimum, that's why I need to know if you allow this type of services on your VPN, or not.

Many thanks,

Peace

• @Ttanyad said:

@InceptionHosting said:

@Ttanyad said:
    Hi,
    Many thanks,

Hi again,

Basically makes a lot of network traffic, retransmitting a lot of small packages - approx 3 tb/month, 1 CPU and 128MB RAM is enough. Only needs are a few TCP ports and one UDP port.
    I need one or more servers and always for 1 year minimum, that's why I need to know if you allow this type of services on your VPN, or not.

Many thanks,

Peace

If you mean redistributing pay TV, then there is no legal gray area about that.

Thanked by 1webcraft

@evanwalters said:

@InceptionHosting said:

@evanwalters said:

Are you using it on a product linked in the OP that has 1GB Ram or more i.e. NVMe SSD plan in Pheonix or Frankfurt?

I can see the code has been used only an hour ago so I assume you are perhaps trying to use it on a none qualifying product?

@neverain said:
    can anyone comment on the FREE complimentary DDOS protection ? is it good? my use case is to host a proxy for a site that gets heavily ddosed l4 and l7

The DDOS protection is there to protect all clients from disruption when there is an attack, it is not intended to harbour known targets under constant sustained attack we can however quote for custom DDOS protection if you have specific need and can provide technical information about the type of cover you need, feel free to pop a ticket in.

@Ttanyad said:

@InceptionHosting said:

@Ttanyad said:
    Hi,
    Many thanks,

Hi again,

Many thanks,

Peace

based on

@tetech said: If you mean redistributing pay TV, then there is no legal gray area about that.

Then there is no grey area, you may not use our network to facilitate copyright abuse.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @tetech said:

@Ttanyad said:

@InceptionHosting said:

@Ttanyad said:
    Hi,
    Many thanks,

Hi again,

Many thanks,

Peace

If you mean redistributing pay TV, then there is no legal gray area about that.

Hi again,

You are totally wrong - never sended not even 1 frame of any channel of the paytv - basically u have no idea about multics. That's why is gray area - all paytv providers specifically said that u cannot modiy or redistribute their stuff. Which we have not doing, never did.
    Another thing - How could you redstribute paytv with 3TB/month?
    I don't want to be beachie but this shows that you have no idea about Internet stuff and computers aswell.

Peace, man

@evanwalters said:

@InceptionHosting said:

@evanwalters said:

Are you using it on a product linked in the OP that has 1GB Ram or more i.e. NVMe SSD plan in Pheonix or Frankfurt?

I can see the code has been used only an hour ago so I assume you are perhaps trying to use it on a none qualifying product?

@neverain said:
    can anyone comment on the FREE complimentary DDOS protection ? is it good? my use case is to host a proxy for a site that gets heavily ddosed l4 and l7

The DDOS protection is there to protect all clients from disruption when there is an attack, it is not intended to harbour known targets under constant sustained attack we can however quote for custom DDOS protection if you have specific need and can provide technical information about the type of cover you need, feel free to pop a ticket in.

@Ttanyad said:

@InceptionHosting said:

@Ttanyad said:
    Hi,
    Many thanks,

Hi again,

Many thanks,

Peace

based on

@tetech said: If you mean redistributing pay TV, then there is no legal gray area about that.

Then there is no grey area, you may not use our network to facilitate copyright abuse.

Hi again,

Sorry but I didn't want to debate with you about copyright, but multics didn't infringe any copyright nor redistribute copyrighted material, or redistribute paytv or modify any of the paytv stuff, nothing of this is true. So it's in a gray area, like I wrote before.

Sorry to hear that U don't want multics servers in your network.

Bye

• @Ttanyad said: basically u have no idea about multics. That's why is gray area

What multics are you talking about? If it's the OS that runs in a simulator, it's not a grey area... besides i doubt it does any networking and you can't run it in qemu. So i have no idea what you are talking about.