Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a Cloud/VPS provider with private network
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a Cloud/VPS provider with private network

alexvolkalexvolk Member
edited June 2021 in Requests

Looking for a cloud/VPS provider suggestion, currently deployed on Hetzner Cloud but would like to deploy somewhere else as well.

Pricing should be reasonable like a normal VPS, I don't expect high $$$ for a simple cloud.

A private network between servers is a must if it will be a normal "VPS".

The load balancer is a plus!

VZ Type: KVM, LXC, Xen!

What I'm going to deploy:

4 x servers:
Number of Cores: 2
RAM: 2
Disk Space: 5GB
Disk Type: SSD

5 x servers:
Number of Cores: 1
RAM: 1
Disk Space: 5GB
Disk Type: SSD

3 x servers:
Number of Cores: 1
RAM: 1
Disk Space: 50-100GB
Disk Type: HDD is fine if performance is good otherwise SSD

Bandwidth: at least 500Gb per server.
Port Speed: at least 100 MB/s

DDoS Protection: doesn't matter.
Budget: ~$60.
Billing period: Monthly

Considering:

• fastpipe.io @combahton_it pricing looks good but not sure about recent reviews/performance as well as private IP. @TheLinuxBug are you still using them?

Considered:

• @dedicatserver_ro normal VPS pricing is OK but the virtual datacenter to use private starts with €54 and for that amount, I could purchase a ton of VPSes from them but private IPs isn't private.
  • @Clouvider / @CloudxtnyHost expensive.
  • Vultr/Digitalocean slow for its pricing/performance.

Comments

• VissmoVissmo Member

Question: why wouldn't you just take a dedicated server from hetzner/ovh or any other provider and do your own virtualisation ? a 16 Core machine with a few SSDs i think you find in your budget... install proxmox and tada.. you're done.

Thanked by 1alexvolk
  • @Vissmo said:
    Question: why wouldn't you just take a dedicated server from hetzner/ovh or any other provider and do your own virtualisation ? a 16 Core machine with a few SSDs i think you find in your budget... install proxmox and tada.. you're done.

The reason is horizontal scaling, I will be adding each month additional servers to the current cluster when needed.

Having a dedicated server won't allow doing that sadly.

Thanked by 1Vissmo
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2021

I can't recall if you have any preference for or against, but I'm presently a very happy customer of Vultr for these type of deployments. All of my outbound infra is with them right now.

Nevermind I was slow on reading comprehension. Left for failure.

Thanked by 2alexvolk Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@jar said:
    I can't recall if you have any preference for or against, but I'm presently a very happy customer of Vultr for these type of deployments. All of my outbound infra is with them right now.

Nevermind I was slow on reading comprehension. Left for failure.

I was also very happy with Vultr for these type of things. At some point (I dont remember why) I ditched DO and other hourly billed services and stuck with Vultr. Also got like 80$ (?!) leftover credit on Lunanode so using them, too.

• cazrzcazrz Member

We also use vultr for this type, but yeah its good if your plan is 4GB or higher.

• HaendlerITHaendlerIT Member, Host Rep

We could add Private network to each of our vps offers, but currently there is no frontend for the customers itself.

If it's okay that we need up to 24h to add new vps to your private network we could be a solution.

private network with currently 1GBit/s is available for free, but the 1 GBit/s are shared between all customers with private netwoking.
    (currently 3 or 4)
    Once the panel is ready, so all customers are able to use, we will upgrade the Internal network.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Slices :)

We have isolated private LAN's in all DC's.

Francisco

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • intovpsintovps Member, Host Rep

@alexvolk we can offer private network for no additional cost in all our locations: Amsterdam, London, Dallas, Fremont, Cluj, Bucharest.

https://intovps.com/plans.html

Since bandwidth is important in your requirements and location doesn't matter, I'd recommend Bucharest, where we had a recent internal network upgrade - https://hosterion.com/blog/bucharest-network-upgrade-maintenance-on-may-26-2021-2050-utc

• intovpsintovps Member, Host Rep

And since you ask about horizontal scaling, Kubernetes is available in Cluj location. K8s is a great option for this and you only pay for VMs.

In Cluj you can also use block storage volumes, lowering cost for VPS'es with low storage needs and choosing between SSD or HDD backed Ceph cluster. Internal network is on fiber and fully redundat 40G + 40G.