Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 90
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• 404error404error Member
    edited June 2021

@Maounique said:
    Do you actually think people which got their money would come here to say so?

You right, I'm sure an 89 pages thread, about one of the favorite barrel-LET providers and his involucrated drives causing over a month (by now) downtime to 3000 affected clients (according to the provider), AND after some in this very same thread having to pursue chargebacks, wouldn't have a people posting on it that they finally got their money back. Good thinking.

on the other hand, according to @cociu almost no one wants refunds, and he knows that because he deleted his customer 1500 support tickets... makes sense alright.

Thanked by 1Demindiro
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited June 2021

@dedicatserver_ro said:

I also know now an excellent lawyer in Oradea if anyone needs it ;) ( collective complaint )

Keep it for yourself. I look forward to you needing that lawyer, as many times as possible. ;)

Thanked by 2samm jsg
  • @default said: I look forward to you needing that lawyer.

An exit scam is a crime, and you can't file a defamation suit for someone conveying the statement that a crime is happening because committing said crime is a defamation of your own name.

Thanked by 2iKeyZ Andrews
  • @stevewatson301 said:

@default said: I look forward to you needing that lawyer.

An exit scam is a crime, and you can't file a defamation suit for someone conveying the statement that a crime is happening because committing said crime is a defamation of your own name.

It's not an exit scam if there's no exit and no scam..

• pikepike Veteran
    edited June 2021

@LTniger said:

Monday passed. Who's left on the Borta club? Seems Timbo has converted, Zedong just trolling and jsg goes from inertia. Do we have any more pro-Borta community members?

Hi! I didn't renew any of my VPS with HS so they ended this year (2x 10€/yr special, 1x 1TB storage), also used all my 30€ account credit from the top up promos on them before they cancelled.
    Edit: just noticed one of the 10€/yr ones is still up and running, several months after cancellation termination.

• StrypStryp Member

@LTniger said:
    Monday passed. Who's left on the Borta club? Seems Timbo has converted, Zedong just trolling and jsg goes from inertia. Do we have any more pro-Borta community members?

I am still holding! It's like crypto, you either go to the moon or bust. I'm in it for the ride.

Thanked by 3dahartigan iNK79 pbx
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@dahartigan said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@default said: I look forward to you needing that lawyer.

It's not an exit scam if there's no exit and no scam..

I must have missed the refunds coming in yesterday (or the previous "Monday" even..)

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@alexvolk said:
    @MikePT Mr. ElCheapo do you still work for @cociu? Did he pay your salary?

Posting about it in a few.

Hey guys.

Small update, not really related to the downtime - haven't had the chance to speak to Marius yet since it's been 13 days since we last spoke. He hasn't got back to me at all.

I'm aware that this is going to hurt our finances but I've decided to end the NOC services contract with HostSolutions due to the way this is being handled. This isn't acceptable, we're not going to damage our reputation when Marius simply deletes the tickets and ignores clients asking for updates.

I'm sorry I couldn't help you guys, wish I could do more for you.

• aliletalilet Member

@MikePT said:
    Hey guys.

Small update, not really related to the downtime - haven't had the chance to speak to Marius yet since it's been 13 days since we last spoke. He hasn't got back to me at all.

I'm aware that this is going to hurt our finances but I've decided to end the NOC services contract with HostSolutions due to the way this is being handled. This isn't acceptable, we're not going to damage our reputation when Marius simply deletes the tickets and ignores clients asking for updates.

But @jsg says everything is fine and under control so we should not worry, right? RIGHT!!??

• @MikePT said:
    Hey guys.

shit has hit the fan, time for chargebacks.

Thanked by 1jsg
  • pbxpbx Member

@alilet said: RIGHT!!??

Exactly! Don't worry @cociu couldn't answer @MikePT as he was too busy selling his hardware and IPs fixing the storage server that failed.

TIME TO HODL!

Thanked by 2alilet Demindiro
  • bdlbdl Member
    edited June 2021

@default said:

@dedicatserver_ro said:

I also know now an excellent lawyer in Oradea if anyone needs it ;) ( collective complaint )

Keep it for yourself. I look forward to you needing that lawyer, as many times as possible. ;)

Plot twist: Said lawyer had selfhosted their owncloud on a HS storage VPS :smiley:

• @alilet said: But @jsg says everything is fine and under control so we should not worry, right? RIGHT!!??

Don't worry, @jsg will be promoted from "shilling army" to "tech support", Of course, as we've seen here, he's gonna tell customers that nothing is wrong because 7 out of 9 boxes are working just fine.

edited June 2021

I need to refrain from making any assumptions at all, I do know Marius has a plan.
    Even though, we just can't cope with it any longer. Especially when I'm being ignored as well. I don't agree with the way this is being handled. Clients deserve respect. We refuse providing support for a company that doesn't care about their clients.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited June 2021

• defaultdefault Veteran

@terrahost - Are you good? Is everything great with you?

Thanked by 1dosai
  • kkrajkkkrajk Member

@MikePT said: I'm aware that this is going to hurt our finances but I've decided to end the NOC services contract with HostSolutions due to the way this is being handled. This isn't acceptable, we're not going to damage our reputation when Marius simply deletes the tickets and ignores clients asking for updates.

Don't.

Nothing what happens as a result of the issues posted on this thread will hurt you (especially in the long run).

Thanked by 2MikePT drunkendog
  • LeeLee Veteran

@kkrajk said: Don't.

Nothing what happens as a result of the issues posted on this thread will hurt you (especially in the long run).

His choice, he has standards. It could hurt him, he goes for another contract and they see this shitshow, they are going to question if he was providing NOC services, was he responsible in any way? A potential provider is not going to read this thread to find out.

• dosaidosai Member

@default said:
    @terrahost - Are you good? Is everything great with you?

I don't think he will respond.

@Lee said:

His choice, he has standards. It could hurt him, he goes for another contract and they see this shitshow, they are going to question if he was providing NOC services, was he responsible in any way? A potential provider is not going to read this thread to find out.

I only handle support, which hasn't been provided for over a month, maybe two, due to issues and issues that happened and I didn't know what to respond to because I had no information at all.
    I work for other companies as well, no issues whatsoever. I do wish Marius success, we just can't cope with it any longer.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited June 2021

@MikePT said:

@Lee said:

I only handle support, which hasn't been provided for over a month, maybe two, due to issues and issues that happened and I didn't know what to respond to because I had no information at all.
    I work for other companies as well, no issues whatsoever. I do wish Marius success, we just can't cope with it any longer.

I totally respect your decision. However, in my personal opinion, I would have not done the same. Leaving a company in it's dire moments it's not a good thing to do. Sure, you can totally quit if you are not paid, but from what I understand this is/was not a problem. So again, this is your choice and I respect it, but I would not have done the same.

I work for other companies as well [...]

Please explain this. Were you working full time for HostSolutions and for other companies at the same time?

EDIT: Tagging @stevewatson301 too, because it seems he feels honored by representing @MikePT

• @default said: I would have not done the same.

When you grow up beyond posting popcorn gifs and take responsibilities, and when your reputation is on the line for not being able to perform said responsibilities, you would too have done the same.

@default said: Were you working full time for HostSolutions and for other companies at the same time?

They run a support service where they serve multiple companies, and this is well known by anyone who purchases their service. I know you're trying to desperately look for something to generate controversy, but this ain't it.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited June 2021

@stevewatson301 said:

@default said: I would have not done the same.

When you grow up beyond posting popcorn gifs and take responsibilities, and when your reputation is on the line for not being able to perform said responsibilities, you would too have done the same.

@default said: Were you working full time for HostSolutions and for other companies at the same time?

They run a support service where they serve multiple companies, and this is well known by anyone who purchases their service. I know you're trying to desperately look for something to generate controversy, but this ain't it.

Thank you for your reply Mr. Secretary of Miguel.

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited June 2021

@default ... Not sure what was not clear about @MikePT providing professional services to different companies... Nothing that you have the right to question anyway. From an ethical POV, it makes sense to separate from controversial customers to control potential reputation damages. Is normal for companies to do that... Is called damage control.

• LeeLee Veteran

@default said: Leaving a company in it's dire moments it's not a good thing to do.

Not spoken to Marius in 13 days, not provided the support he was supposed to provide for 2 months. Does that sound like leaving him in the lurch during his dire moments!

• @default said: So again, this is your choice and I respect it, but I would not have done the same.

Hopefully not every single user of LET is going to comment if he or she would do the same or not. There is one thing: Absolutely nobody cares.

@default said:

@MikePT said:

@Lee said:

I totally respect your decision. However, in my personal opinion, I would have not done the same. Leaving a company in it's dire moments it's not a good thing to do. Sure, you can totally quit if you are not paid, but from what I understand this is/was not a problem. So again, this is your choice and I respect it, but I would not have done the same.

I work for other companies as well [...]

Please explain this. Were you working full time for HostSolutions and for other companies at the same time?

EDIT: Tagging @stevewatson301 too, because it seems he feels honored by representing @MikePT

I'm not leaving in bad terms and I'd rather not discuss my billing with anyone here.

I'm leaving because I don't want to be associated with everything that is going on with HostSolutions. It's not normal that I, as a support rep, have been ignored for 13 days. 13 days without a response from Marius. Furthermore, the plenty of tickets that are open for refunds, server issues (in the affected nodes), and plenty more - I could no longer justify billing for doing anything other than wait for Marius to sort it.

Hope it clarifies. I do with Marius plenty of success, but as I said, I provide support services, that's my job.

• bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited June 2021

I'm not expecting an answer from @MikePT, but could the reason for the ticket deletion be that he get's paid per ticket (rather common in such services) and @cociu didn't want to pay for handling them? 🤔

Thanked by 1Maounique
This discussion has been closed.