Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 81
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Funny btw how biased some are and calculate. For example the "40k$ refunds + 60k lawsuit" (the latter looking rather arbitrary) = 100k$, so @cociu is in really deep trouble and highly likely will go bankrupt/deadpool.

At the same time there are allegations that he not only sold an IP range for ca. 35k$ but also 400 12TB disks.
    Well, the cheapest currently available 12TB HDD costs ca. $300 (business price not enduser single quantity), so if cociu sold those 400 HDDs for avg. $250 a piece that alone would be 100k$

So, besides the question what that "lawsuit" talk is about and whether it's a realistic and current problem, cociu could bring up both the 40k$ and the 60k$ and still have plenty (30+k$) left.

Well noted, this isn't about cociu. It's about considering both the plus and the minus and not just the pieces that fit ones view.

• @notarobo said:

@chocolateshirt said:
    3000 affected users but only offer to rebuild 400 VPS, then what about the rest of 2600 affected users?

I think this is stupid idea considering he sold the HDD on OLX..

that's what $36,000 is for

How much was the service? Numbers don't add up...

• @default said:

@jsg said:
    [...] In fact, if he had learned his lesson the first time ("Stay away from storage!") this whole drama wouldn't have happened. [...]

In part I agree, due to his poor management of those 400 drives which got involucrated by his company.

In some other part I do not agree, because he could not have known (at the time when he made the offers) that a crypto-coin would cause so much chaos in HDD and SSD consumption. Nobody here can predict the future - except for @deank who knows the end of everyone and everything, but this is a completely different discussion.

I appreciate every provider which tries to make offers, even storage offers. Let's not blame providers for their offers because they do not know what the prices of hardware will be in future. Everybody assumes the prices will go down as technology evolves.

What? Prices go up and down all the time depending on whether the memory and storage companies are illegally colluding on price, which keeps on happening over and over despite being caught. There's tons of sites that track this. I recall buying an RX580 for like $220 at some point when it first came out years ago. The fucker is probably like $500 now.

Cociu posted the prices of drives and they were well below cost for the rest of us. From there, we could see there's absolutely no margin and no possibility to withstand any increase in cost. No margin even for normal maintenance, bandwidth, etc. He's a bad business man.

Cociu is to be blamed for his lack in communication skills, his lack in management of employees to compensate communication, his lack of prioritizing decision making; but definitely can not be blamed for the cheap storage offers which he tried to give us (and for which other providers hated him).

Yes, he can. He could have increased the prices of certain limited quantity items and still have sold out on them.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Yet the "bald businessman* provably switched most customers to Telia which is way above [insert cheap sh_t carrier] in price".

• edited June 2021

@jsg said:
    Funny btw how biased some are and calculate. For example the "40k$ refunds + 60k lawsuit" (the latter looking rather arbitrary) = 100k$, so @cociu is in really deep trouble and highly likely will go bankrupt/deadpool.

At the same time there are allegations that he not only sold an IP range for ca. 35k$ but also 400 12TB disks.
    Well, the cheapest currently available 12TB HDD costs ca. $300 (business price not enduser single quantity), so if cociu sold those 400 HDDs for avg. $250 a piece that alone would be 100k$

So, besides the question what that "lawsuit" talk is about and whether it's a realistic and current problem, cociu could bring up both the 40k$ and the 60k$ and still have plenty (30+k$) left.

Well noted, this isn't about cociu. It's about considering both the plus and the minus and not just the pieces that fit ones view.

Its funny that you said it like you own HS, I mean you are trying to be accurate, but in actual it just full of BS.

If he still have 400 workingunit of 12TB hdd, then he just rebuild the VPS for all affected users, new one, no need to retrieve old data. No need to wait to buy another HDD with nightmare price. No need to wait for more than 1 month downtime.. Problem solved.

Unless he don't have the resources to do so, but pretending to have one.

You sure have flaw in your logic.

Thanked by 2kkrajk BlaZe
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2021

@chocolateshirt said: You sure have flaw in your logic.

There are many things we don't know and one of them is CERTAINLY what cociu thinks now and thought all the time up until now.
    There have been offered various ideas but neither can be accurate 100%.
    Some people pretend to be psychics and that irks me when I know how hard it is to know what even your spouse thinks after 50 years of marriage.

Thanked by 2default TimboJones
  • defaultdefault Veteran

@Maounique said:

Some people pretend to be psychics and that irks me when I know how hard it is to know what even your spouse thinks after 50 years of marriage.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@TimboJones said: Yes, he can. He could have increased the prices of certain limited quantity items and still have sold out on them.

So, that is your problem, he charges too little for the quality he offers.

• vovlervovler Member

80 pages... Can someone post a quick tldr here. I see lawsuit talks and 100k something something. Lawsuit about what?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@vovler said:
    80 pages... Can someone post a quick tldr here. I see lawsuit talks and 100k something something. Lawsuit about what?

It’s on the 1st page, that’s what started this thread 😂

• vovlervovler Member

I see. Well best of luck to him.

edited June 2021

@thedp said:

@vovler said:

It’s on the 1st page, that’s what started this thread 😂

Or whenever you're free, check out:

Produced by @raindog308

© 2021 LowEndEntertainment. All Rights Reserved.

• cociucociu Member
    edited June 2021

just to clarificate something :

1) yes we have some disputes with gts telekom due of incident from the last year when we have been down 2 days so until the judge will not be final nobody tell we have this debt.

2) about olx ... is not a secret we always sell hardware in olx but this not meean i am idiot to pull out this hdd and sell it ... is just speculations from bad users .

3) we do not close , like always i have told is not the only business what i own so this days we ingress money from the others in order to survive this mess.\

4) i have delete the tikets because 90% of them was related to this issue so in order to atend the others customers who still have acces to his service i have decided this to be more easy to find a tiket. All affected customers will be automatically refunded so i dont see any reason way to keep this tikets there to be more complicated to locate a tiket.

5) i will still be here in the next days but i hope understand this is a exceptional issue and saty in a forum to answer to anyone is not a best way to resolve this ASAP.

@dedicatserver_ro you know a shit ... so be a gentelmen and see in your garden first until you dont came with real proof.

• cociucociu Member

@bruzli said: In the last 5 years I bought several servers from @cociu, so selling hardware is not new.

thanks for confirm because the people is acuse us now .... but i sell hardware in olx in the last 10 years.

Thanked by 1sipe
  • cociucociu Member

@stevewatson301 said: Can you at least confirm if the users from these IP ranges were migrated, because I hear some of your customers were kept with the same IPs during the time of the sale?

i have sell 193 because was spammed a lot , in the last 3 month we have try to colaborate with spamhouse in order to clear it but unsucces so who had ips from 193 will get new ones and clear ones for this was the decision to sell 193. Any way the 45. will came also and all ips will be changed in clear ones.

Thanked by 1sipe
  • henixhenix Member

2 replies in a week, this is a good sign

• cociucociu Member
    edited June 2021

@henix said: 2 replies in a week, this is a good sign

more than glad to replay to real and interesed comments , now to stay here to respond to some of my competitors and bad comments i am not for this in this days. I will try to be more active to the real customers in the next days until the process is done. Thanks.

Thanked by 3dahartigan BBTN sipe

@cociu said: 2) about olx ... is not a secret we always sell hardware in olx but this not meean i am idiot to pull out this hdd and sell it ... is just speculations from bad users .

1 question though, why didn't you just use these disks to replace those which were faulty? I don't see why you're selling disks in one hand and then try to buy new ones on the other, considering the current price of disks? Surely putting them to use would be the best way forward.

@cociu said: 5) i will still be here in the next days but i hope understand this is a exceptional issue and saty in a forum to answer to anyone is not a best way to resolve this ASAP.

That's the thing, you've been providing updates here when the rightful way for you to be doing that is by mailing all your customers.

• cociucociu Member

Special thanks to all who is still beleve in us , this meean much for me personally https://imgur.com/a/xdlbR3k

• @cociu what do you say to the other providers who come and shit in your garden with their speculation/slander?

• cociucociu Member

@thedp said: 1 question though, why didn't you just use these disks to replace those which were faulty? I don't see why you're selling disks in one hand and then try to buy new ones on the other, considering the current price of disks? Surely putting them to use would be the best way forward.

from the 400 hdd we have recuperate only 120 , 60 with no errors and 60 aprox with warning , as you understand i will not use the worning ones , so we have only 60 hdd functionally wich we will use to recreate this 400 vps , also i have buy 100 more wich is pending to be delivered.

Thanked by 1sipe
  • cociucociu Member

@thedp said: That's the thing, you've been providing updates here when the rightful way for you to be doing that is by mailing all your customers.

i have not find a way to have selected only the affected customers , so i have post in whmcs and i have post here

Thanked by 1sipe
  • sammsamm Member

Can you give us an estimate until when we can expect refund? I am sure you are very busy...Just asking

• GanonkGanonk Member

@cociu said:

i have not find a way to have selected only the affected customers , so i have post in whmcs and i have post here

welcome back , Lord B)

• cociucociu Member

@dahartigan said: @cociu what do you say to the other providers who come and shit in your garden with their speculation/slander?

i dont think is good like a person or like a company to came here and blame , acuse withowt any proof , if a company have problems (can be anyone , look to ovh for exemple with the fire) big or small . At least you can serch in all my comments this years in LET , i never blame one of my competitor when was in shit ... but maybe we are educate different , and the humanism is seen in another way , exactly for this i avoid to play this game in this moment in LET.

• cociucociu Member

@samm said: Can you give us an estimate until when we can expect refund? I am sure you are very busy...Just asking

From monday we will take account to account start from A to Z and make this refunds , if is all ok i calculate next week all people will have his money.

Thanked by 2dahartigan sipe

@cociu said:

@thedp said: 1 question though, why didn't you just use these disks to replace those which were faulty? I don't see why you're selling disks in one hand and then try to buy new ones on the other, considering the current price of disks? Surely putting them to use would be the best way forward.

from the 400 hdd we have recuperate only 120 , 60 with no errors and 60 aprox with warning , as you understand i will not use the worning ones , so we have only 60 hdd functionally wich we will use to recreate this 400 vps , also i have buy 100 more wich is pending to be delivered.

I understand and I'm not concerned about the faulty disks or the ones with warnings/errors, but the disks you were selling on OLX, they were in perfect condition, at least that's what your ad says, so why didn't you just use them?

• @cociu said:

@dahartigan said: @cociu what do you say to the other providers who come and shit in your garden with their speculation/slander?

i dont think is good like a person or like a company to came here and blame , acuse withowt any proof , if a company have problems (can be anyone , look to ovh for exemple with the fire) big or small . At least you can serch in all my comments this years in LET , i never blame one of my competitor when was in shit ... but maybe we are educate different , and the humanism is seen in another way , exactly for this i avoid to play this game in this moment in LET.

Thanks cociu, I agree 100% with that. It's good to see you back! :-)

Thanked by 1Marx
  • GanonkGanonk Member

@thedp said:

© 2021 LowEndtertainment. All Rights Reserved.

• cociucociu Member

@thedp said: I understand and I'm not concerned about the faulty disks or the ones with warnings/errors, but the disks you were selling on OLX, they were in perfect condition, at least that's what your ad says, so why didn't you just use them?

in olx i have a old post and forgot them , i had no time to connect in olx , thanks for mention will be disabled in the next hours. Any way i can give my word in the last 2 month we have not sell 1 hdd except ssd and sas (small ones)

This discussion has been closed.